haruka's girlfriend | denji x...

By sleepy-fics

⛓️☁️𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰�... More

disclaimer
1| tsunami warning
2 | train wreck
3 | tension
4 | can i call you tonight
5 | the kiss
6 | return to haruka
7 | your betrayal
8 | hospitalized
10 | breakup
11 | back together
12 | change your mind
13 | happiness
14 | remorse, kiss me
15 | join my cult, my love
16 | best cult forever
17 | hurts so good
18 | take me back
19 | whatever barem commands
20 | public displays of affection
21 | wine and dine
22 | betrayal ruined his steak
23 | humanity
24 | Who.
25 | roof roof roof!
26 | when i become you
27 | shes mine now, isnt she?
28 | lively home
29 | finally a family again
30 | gamer girl
Story Notes + Ending Rough Draft

9 | cheater cheater pumpkin eater

242 11 16
By sleepy-fics

"Karaoke!" Hikari screeched, grabbing you by the shoulders. She shook you harshly, her blonde hair and freckled face gleaming in the sun. School was finally back in after the devil attack, and the group finally gathered.

It was the devil hunter club, Seigi, Haruka, Fami, Yoshida, along with you, your friend Chiyo, and Hikari. Haruka caught up to you with a smile and kissed you. "Hey, (y/n)." He slung an arm around your shoulder. "Where's the rest of your friends? I've got a room for ten, and it was expensive."

"I know, they bailed last minute." You sighed.

"Bailed?" Chiyo gasped. "I would never bail on you, (l/n)." She said.

"I know." You said.

"You said ten?" Seigi asked, his voice deep and low.

"Wait. Where's your shy friend, Haruka?" You said.

"Ooh. He flaked, too." He grumbled.

"Mmh, no worries, I'll try to invite someone." A smooth, silky voice trolled. Your eyes turned to the relatively unfamiliar yet familiar sound-- and there was Yoshida. He was popular around here for his looks, but the two of you never crossed paths. You were taken, and it didn't seem like he was interested in anyone at school.

He was the devil hunter guy. He was pale, with dark hair and even darker eyes, with piercing edging up and down his ear.

"It's good to officially meet you, (Y/n). I'm Yoshida, the newest member of the devil hunter club. I've heard a lot about you." He threw you a nice, bewitching smile, ans stretched out his hand for you to shake. In aw, you shook it, smiling softly.

"I hope only good things." You said.

"Of course... You know, Haruka describes you perfectly." He said.

"Hey! Why don't we invite those two over there." Hikari said. She pointed towards two students, and they looked close in age. One was a girl in black, low pigtails, the other was a blonde boy, his hair golden, almost orangey in color. He had his face turned to her, his back to us.

Your eyebrows furrowed, and you stopped walking.

"Sure. I'm down." Haruka said. He took his arm from off your shoulded, and the group approached them.

Your eyebrows furrowed more.

Was that-?
The blonde boy turned, his eyes brown, his teeth sharp and pointy.

It was Denji...

You caught up to the rest of the group in a panic, your heart thumping like a flustered but anxiety ridden hammer.

"Hey, it's you!" You heard Denji gasp, and you glanced up with scared eyes. But instead of looking at you, he stared straight at Yoshida, an annoyed, agitated finger pointed up at him.

"Denji. We're glad you're joining us." He smirked.

You sighed a sigh of relief, and that small noise made Denji's eyes finally find you. You tense. He blinks once. Then, he glosses over you like you were another face in the crowd.

Your heart shattered, and you grabbed onto your dress.

You knew it.

"Hey, wait, isn't that chicken girl?" Chiyo asked.

You turned to the girl in pigtails, her face warping in horror, "I erm... I uh... That I..." She stammered. The girl began to turn to walk away when Denji slung a hand over her shoulder, pulling her into him.

"Her name is Asa Mitaka." He said.

You gasped.
It was like a truck ran you over.

Mitaka flushed profoundly, her eyes avoiding any eye contact with anyone as she straightened herself up in his hold.

"Just call me A-Asa..." She gulped.

"Ooh, now I remember why you're so familar." Haruka snapped his finger. "You and Yuko tried out for the team together."

She stiffened hard. She bucked out of Denji's touch, swaying between each foot. "Uh..." She mumbled, her palms were sweating - literally.

Yoshida clapped his hands with a smile. "Let's get going then? It's decided." He said.

"We're short one." Hikari sighed.

"I don't see anyone else to bring." He said.

"Alright!" She said.

Haruka found Fami quickly, and you lagged go the back, trudging soullessly beside Seigi. He looked at you with a curious eye, and though you felt like walking guilty trash, at least his tall stature blocking the sun.

You were going to die.

When you arrived at the karaoke room, the table was lined with watermelons, fruits, and refreshing beverages. The room was big enough for everyone, and before the vouch was the stage with the screen behind it.

"I'm gonna pick out a song first! (L/n)! Let's sing that American song you showed me!" She grabbed you, and you tried to smile. You tried to relax, to have fun, but hoe could you relax any with Denji here.

"Which one?" You said.

"The one about the backstabbing cheater!" She said.

It was like an arrow sliced through you, and Yoshida made a strange, humored chuckle.

"Mmkay." You grunted uncomfortably.

"You sing the cheater, I'll sing the poor damsel!" She said, as you pressed in the title.

"Whoo! Sing your heart out, ladies!" Chiyo yelled from the couch.

"Why am I singing the cheater?" You said.

"Your voice isn't as high as mine." She said. She entered the song in first.

"Don't hog, my girlfriend, we've got to sing a love song." Haruka huffed.

"She was my friend first!" Hikari snapped back.

"I want to put in a song next." Seigi said.

You followed Hikari as she passed you a microphone and led you onto the stage. She pressed buttons trying to figure out how to work the microphone. You looked at the couch. There was the pigtail girl sitting a fair distance away from Denji-, who slouched into the couch. He was looking at you. You couldn't help the heat that was rising to your face.

"Got it." Hikari sang.
The music started abruptly, and the group fled to their seats by the couch.

By the time your song with Hikari and Haruka ended, and everyone at least had a turn, the group was getting a little loose. Smiles and slurring joy budded on everyone, their lips loose in conversation. Seigi and Chiyo, surprising, chatted along very nicely about model trains. Fami and Haruka were singing together now, and neither of them could sing any- and Denji's childish laughter was filling the room. Asa and Hikari were trying to chat, but it looked stiff and awkward.

You laughed at Haruka's drama as he melted into the song and put his all into it. That's when you felt a pair of eyes peering into you. Not just peering but staring - staring as if they had been doing so for a long time. You turned in confusion, and there, Yoshida was sat, staring up at you through lidded eyes and a handsomely catty smile. Uncomfortably, you smiled back but peeled your eyes away quickly.

Was he handsome? Or was he just plain creepy. Especially with those dark eyes.

You reached for a watermelon off the table with a giggle, but to your surpise- we had all run out. You grabbed the empty tray, standing up as you made it to the door, "Gonna get some more watermelon!" You said.

"I'll come with." Yoshida said as he dipped out the door behind you. "Here, let me." He took the tray from you carrying it instead.

"Oh, thank you." You mumbled.

"No problem." He said.

The two of you walked down the winding hall filled with doors of other karaoke rooms in silence for a small while.

"That devil attack was insane." He said, peering down at you from the corner of his eye. His lanky build is much taller than you.

"Oh. It was. I feel bad for the people we lost." You said with a sigh.

"Oh yes. Didn't the devil hunter club lose someone, too?" He asked.

"Yes. Furio. He was frightened and quit. I would, too. That was... That was a lot to fight." You said.

"I agree... That is so unfortunate. Come to think of it, wasn't there a flood not so long ago?" He said.

You gasped.

"I hope your family was okay. How did you guys handle the flood? My apartment was soaked." He laughed.

You fidgeted awkwardly.

"I think Denji was telling me about you two getting stuck at school? How did that happen? Haha. That must have really sucked." He said. The two of you made it to the ordering area, as he traded in the empty tray for one full of watermelon.

"Uh... We... Managed." You said.

"Oh really?" His tone changed. "What are you two?" He asked.

You cautiously looked up at him, and his frighteningly handsome aura was paralyzing. You didn't know whether to feel fear or to admire his beauty. The mole under his lip moved as he stretched his mouth into another smile.

"I'm with Haruka." You said.

He stared at you still.

"I don't plan on making Denji a friend. We're just classmates." You gulped.

"That's good." He started to walk, and you felt more dumbfounded than before. "That Denji isn't a good influence. I was going to tell you to stay away from him."

"What?" You perked.

"He's a big pervert. He'd really ruin your relationships." He laughed heartily.

"Ah... Ahaha. Yeah, definitely. I love Haruka, and Hikari would hate to have Denji around. Me too, even!" You giggled. The two of you returned back to the party, where Asa was singing this time. Her pigtails were flying as she bounced about, a big, hearty smile on her face.

You grinned at the sight, dropping the watermelon at the table.

"Sweet, finally." You heard Denji say. You looked at him as you sat down next to Haruka. Maybe it was nicer this way. Haruka placed an arm around your waist, pulling you into lay against him, your forehead resting against his neck.

Yes. This is how it was meant to be. You cuddled up next to Haruka. This is how it meant to be. You were having fun... You could make this work. You glanced at Denji as he shoved watermelon into his mouth. He even ate the rinds.

A bright laugh lifted your lips, and he glanced at your mid bite. You didn't look away. He didn't look away either.

There it was, once again, burned in your lungs.

You were wrong.

You were so. Dead wrong.

"Haruka. Let's sing together!" Seigi shouted, and excitedly, your boyfriend sprang up. Fami caught Asa as she tried to go for a soda, and Chiyo flocked for Yoshida's attention.

For a moment, no one was looking.

You scooted closer toward Denji, and he flinched in confusion.

"Hi." You said.

"Hey." He said.

"Enjoying?" You asked.

"Yeah." He said, his tone genuine and airy.

You smiled, feeling the corners of your eyes wrinkle.

You heard the music kick in, and you clapped and cheered briefly in support. But your attention, like how the sun pulls the Earth, gravitated toward Denji. "Asa Mitaka?" You asked.

He nodded. "Mmhm. We're gonna go on a date this weekend." He said.

"That's great. Hope she's your dream girl." You said.

"Yeah." He said.
When you looked into his eyes, you felt he truly had moved on from you. He really did want to try with that Asa girl. You glanced at her, she was annoyed while talking to Fami. You chuckled.

He could be yours still.

Your eyes widened at the thought. In a panicked blurr, you looked at Denji. Only to find he never stopped looking at you. Your lips parted, your breath stolen by the gaze in his eyes.

Here? Now?

He scooted away from you, turning his sight back to the stage.

You blinked rapidly, trying to fan your besting heart. You grabbed a piece of fruit, and turned back around to scot back to your spot- when your eyes caught the stare of Hikari. She gazed at you in pure, disgusted horror.

You shattered in an instant, like your body was turning to mush. She grabbed you, and pulled you into her closely. "I think you had too much sugar. It's about time you go home. Maybe take a bath, cool off..." She said, concern drowning in her voice. "I don't know what that was if you don't. Neither will I remember it." She was supporting you, she was keeping you stable. She was right.

You couldn't say anything.

"But I wouldn't do it again." She said in a whisper, her voice filled with discomfort towards me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 849 9
"Yeah! Kick his balls, Denji! Do the ol' dick twist!" "(Y/n)! Stop encouraging him!" (Y/n) (L/n), an 18-year-old, freshly out of high school decides...
126K 4.6K 16
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ When Y/n gets added to a random group chat ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝗪𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 --Gore -- Language -- Violence ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ╰┈➤𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙖𝙬𝙈𝙖𝙣𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙛�...
144K 5.3K 40
𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮, 𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘎𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨...
7.1K 401 12
Power x Male Reader. Second part of "Ardent Hope: Chainsaw Man x Male Reader Insert." There was such thing as a dream? Or perhaps was he just relivin...