A Mob Boss's Honour

By royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... More

Author's Note
Family Tree
1. Family Life
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
7. Outrage
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
20. The New Joiners
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
39. Collaborations
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
54. Star Crossed
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
58. Control
59. A Feud
60. Persistence
61. Fighters
62. Love is Forever

57. Dawn of New Dangers

340 19 8
By royal888

It was a Saturday morning. Eden had chosen to help her father with his work instead of going shopping and preparing for the school party that was the next day on Sunday.  She was going to keep her outfit and make up very simple. She was never one to show off. 

Eden was now at an unfamiliar part of town meeting a drugs supplier who had sent her father's chemist a letter with an offer of a partnership. Eden had gone against the security measures Luigi had put in place by coming too far out all alone by bus to meet the supplier. Luigi did not want her out of Alessandrini territory and the Bellagio territory. But she did not like to be restricted. She didnt believe there were threats to her life and what could happen in broad day light in a busy city? She was to meet this person at a restaurant. She had to meet him that day or he was moving on. Her father and her brother had no time to meet him and she did not want an assistant to meet him. Suppliers wanted to see owners for offers.

Eden started asking for directions as she got closer to her destination. She finally found the place. She was not sure if it was the right place. This was a fancy restaurant. A very fancy one. People going inside were wearing formal clothing. She entered and asked to see the man.

She was led to a private dining space. As she entered she spotted a man with suit and tie. He did not stand up but offered his hand for her to shake.

Eden put the offer letter on the table and she sat down opposite him.

She was suddenly hit by a bad feeling. She felt uneasy. She normally did not feel feel scared to be alone with anyone but she felt bad. She felt she was quite vulnerable all alone with a. stranger who did not look friendly. In fact he looked like someone who was looking at his enemy rather than a business partner.

As Eden was about to ask questions about the man's offer, suddenly she felt a cloth in front of her mouth and she struggled to stay awake as darkness welcomed her and she became unconscious. The last thing she heard was the man's chilling voice, tell the boss the target is captured.

*****

Luigi was at home in his father's office answering some phone calls in his father's absence. His parents had not returned yet from their weekend trip. Luigi finished the phone calls and just then a knock came on the door. Gianluca came in. Gianluca gave him a nod and closed the door.

Luigi raised an eyebrow as he walked around his father's desk "Hi... I thought you are still at Christian's house... When I called your house they said you you are with him for the day..."

Ginaluca put his hands in his pockets and walked slowly towards Luigi "Christian wanted to be alone. So I came by here... He needs some space to plot what he wants to do next... Have you found anything new about who tried to attack Lena that day?"

Luigi leaned to his father's desk and said "No.... I am trying... Whoever gave the order has some deep connections..."

Gianluca nodded as he sat down on a sofa facing Luigi's standing form "I asked Christian if he knows anything about the guy who kidnapped Lena that day... Christian gave me some information that maybe of some interest to you.... But I am not sure if you trust the information from the Irish end..."

That got Luigi's full attention. He walked and sat opposite Gianluca and said "I want to hear it. Any information about who ordered Lena to be kidnapped is useful to me..."

Gianluca leaned back in his chair "It makes sense to hear all information and consider them for sure... So here is what Christian said... He said the guy we captured, he is a guy for hire... He does odd jobs here and there... His loyalty is to whoever pays him the most... You said that you are suspecting involvement by the Serrano family because they did not release the guy to you.. Estella wanted to keep you there so she didnt let you near the guy when her parents showed up, they also did not co-operate. Christian told me thats impossible. He was so sure. Christian thinks they didnt let you interrogate him to protect their other secrets and also use the guy's knowledge and services for themselves. That mercenary is no ordinary man... Christian thinks they could not trust you not to kill the guy... He told me to tell you not to take it personal."

Luigi said "How can he be so sure and why is he insisting on the innocence of the Serrano family?"

Gianluca said "This was not even the main part of what I wanted to tell you... But Christian thought it is because he feels you shouldn't make enemies and accuse the Serranos with no evidence... His people have dealings in the Mexican border... The Serranos are your allies... He said there is no question about their innocence. Them not releasing the guy to you is because of business reasons..."

Luigi sighed "So you said this information was not the main part of what Christian told you... What is the main part?"

Gianluca hesitated and then said "Christian confirmed that your findings are correct about the possibility of Eden being the main target,.."

Luigi said "Those were rumours in Mexico... I never confirmed it..."

Gianluca nodded "Christian said the guy was meant to take Eden... Not Lena. Apparently, Eden was a kidnapping target that was offered to a few mercenaries in New York. Everyone turned down the offer... No one in their right mind would have messed with your family... But that one mercenary said yes... Christian said that the mercenary was so sure that if he was caught in this mission he would not have been killed. He knew he was worth more dead... His knowledge worth more....  The guy knows so much about different families and he is skilled...."

Luigi said "How can Christian be so sure?... Do those mercenaries work for him? Maybe I can locate and interrogate those mercenaries who turned the offer down..."

Gianluca said "Some worked for the Irish families... After the kidnapping news reached Christian from his channels, Christian asked around about ut ... He was curious and genuinely wanted to know why someone was after Lena... He did not tell me about what he was doing of course... He wanted to go after whoever dared mess with Lena because he knows how much she means to me.... So he did dig deep... You dont need to interrogate those who turned down the offer.. He has already done that..."

Luigi asked "What else does he know?"

Gianluca said "He told me who ordered the hit..."

Luigi stood up "Who?"

Gianluca said "You wouldn't believe it if I told you.... One of the last people you may think... The head of the Branchi family..."

Luigi froze "How is that possible? Thats unbelievable..." He stood up shaking his head "Thats impossible.... I cant believe it..."

Gianluca sighed "I agree... Thats how I reacted too... With disbelief..." 

Luigi asked "But why? Why would they do this? They want to be our close allies ... We helped them find Rose and even returned Rose last night to them..."

Gianluca said "Exactly... Luigi... I agree... It just does not add up... Christian believes the target was not Lena and it was Eden... And he said the reason for the abduction attempt is you..."

Luigi asked "Me? Why? What have I done? Why would they target my girlfriend? I have never offended them..."

Gianluca said "Thats it though... Isn't it... They targeted your girlfriend because they want you to lose her so you choose someone else... Some girl related to the Bianchis or their allies... They want Eden out of the picture so you become single and available for them to put an offer of an alliance to your family..."

Luigi was shaking his head in disbelief "Gianluca... Do you know what a big accusation this is? Does Christian have any proof? I need to see some evidence... I can tell my father about this and hear what he thinks.. But without proof how can I do anything?"

Gianluca said "Thats what I think too... There is not much you can do with this information... Christian's Irish sources have given this information to him... Some Irish criminal will want a war between Italian crime families... It is possible that Christian's sources may have fabricated the story... But think... There is a possibility that this is true... Irish dont lie to each other... Those mercenaries have no reason to lie... The Bianchi family contacted Irish mercenaries because they thought they might say yes.... And they thought they wont tell you anything... But they didnt think Christian will do some digging..."

Luigi was looking around running his hand in his hair "Gianluca... Eden is in so much danger either way... But if the Bianchis want her out of the way, they will do it... I can't believe it... My closeness to Eden put her in so much danger... What have I done?" He looked up at Gianluca "I have to tighten her security. She will hate it... But this is the only way to protect her until I get to the bottom of this and catch the Bianchis in the act..."

Gianluca smiled sadly "I am sorry Luigi.... I wish I could do something to help... But you have picked on the most important issue here... There is no proof except the word of some Irish mercenaries... Bianchis will say that these are all false accusations... And they will hide their tracks well if they are truly involved... But let's forget what I just told you... I want you to think very carefully about your interactions with the Bianchis... Can you think of any instant when you suspect something was wrong or they may have plotted this. You need to observe and get close to them and find out as much information as you can... Get Rose's help too... Maybe she can dig some information... We see them all tomorrow..."

Luigi shook his head "No chance... Do you really think I want to be in the same room as the Bianchis with Eden after what you just told me? It's just a theory but I dont trust them... They may pull a stunt... You have to help me.... Get Christian to postpone the party... Please... He can easily do it... He can say due to security reasons it is postponed..."

Gianluca said "But you can use tomorrow as an opportunity to talk to the Bianchis at the party... Think about it... You need to plan what to do... I can call Christian and get him to postpone the joint party between schools.... No problem... But is this what you want?"

Luigi turned around and walked to his father's desk "I dont want Eden near any Bianchi.... What are the chances they dont strike tomorrow... Either way.... I will have to work hard with many clues I have to get some proof....  My father will make that family regret their actions but only if he sees some proof... I will get that proof... Then my father can act in self defence... If there is no proof its not possible to accuse them and justify any retaliations or hostile actions against them... They are one influential family in the big businesses of New York... " He then picked up the phone "I have to increase Eden's security and warn her about the dangers.

Gianluca stood up "I can help too... Just tell me what you want to do..."

Luigi nodded at Gianluca and cleared his throat "Hi Ethan.. This is Luigi.... Can I speak to Eden... What? You haven't heard from her in hours?"

Gianluca was alarmed. Damn... They had taken quick action. 

Luigi asked firmly "Where is she? ... What? She went alone to that area?... And you did not stop her? ... I will go looking for her and will pick you up on the way to ask you all you know about Eden's last movements..." Luigi put the phone down "Gianluca... I need you to stay here... My parents are still away... I cant leave Lena alone at home... Someone must stay here... Call your parents and let them know you are staying here today?"

Gianluca nodded "Of course...." He knew a new challenge had started. A dawn of new dangers..."

****

Christian was walking in the alleyways of down town New York wearing his long black coat over his black suit. He didnt care that he stood out. It was the idea. He wanted to stand out. He wanted Adelmo Leone to come to him. This was known to be a no go area. Dangerous brutal gangs operated there, many of which belonged to his number one target, Adelmo Leone. Yet Christian had come here alone with no protection. He had told no one he was there. If anything was to happen to him, heaven only knew what his granfraher was going to do to the families of anyone who knew where he was going that day. He couldn't do that to the most loyal  men who served the Kavannags. All his life he had been protected. He didnt want protection now. He wanted justice but more than anything he wanted answers.

Christian suddenly was surrounded by a group of men. They were wearing clothes that stood out too. Very expensive suits. One of them said "Christian Kavannagh... Is it? Our boss wants to see you... ... You are just a school kid and we dont know what boss would want with you... We dont care... We are paid to take you to him... Dont resist... You are outnumbered..."

Christian whispered "I wont resist." He didnt know who the boss was but could guess. Based on the information his father had left behind, the boss had to be Adelmo Leone. If his father was wrong then he was going to meet another boss then. Either way he was ready for anything. Years of training had prepared him. He did not feel fear. None at all. 

Christian was lead to a building nearby that didnt look different to any other building in that alley way. But as he entered it the smell of tobacco and alcohol hit him hard. As he was lead through different corridors it didnt take long for him to realise where this place was. This was an illegal fight club. He could hear the cheers from the underground. He could tell there was a boxing match going on and the men here were involved in illegal gambling obviously as he spotted men in suites taking bets and handling money from different kinds of people of all ages. 

The boxing rink came into view as two competitors were standing there and someone using a microphone was introducing them and their previous titles calling people to place their bets. He was taken up the stairs where there was a glass room that looked over the rink. It was not possible to see inside the glass but whoever was inside they could see everything. And they had a good view of the boxing rink.

The men in suites stopped at the door "The boss will see you now... But as protocol states we need to frisk you first before you go in.. Put your hands on the wall and place your legs far apart..."

Christian gave a dark chuckle and leaned on the wall and did as he was told "Is your boss so afraid of a school kid? A tough boss he is..."

The man who was frisking him roughly said "Watch it kid... If you knew who was behind this door, you would have watched your mouth... You dont know who you are dealing with. This is for your protection kid. If you take any weapons he will make you regret breathing... You will be begging him to kill you if you attack him.... He does not forgive..."  Then stopped frisking "I finished... All clear... In you go..."

Christian sighed "Finally..."  He then stepped towards the door and opened it. He entered. The room was empty but full of furniture. It looked like a five star hotel here. The big boss liked his luxury it seemed. He entered and walked inside. He looked around. There was no sign of anyone. The glass windows that surrounded the room gave a nice view of the rink. The match had not started yet.

A voice came from behind Christian "We finally meet...Finally....  Hello Christian..."

Christian closed his eyes taking in the moment and composing himself. He promised himself to hold it together and not get emotional. it was no time for emotion. It was time for answers. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456K 8K 44
ใ€ ๐Œ๐š๐Ÿ๐ข๐š ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง & ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง ใ€‘ Welcome to another mafia romance book that I hope you beautiful and handsome people love and p...
1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
3.3M 85.2K 44
Jessica. An 18 year old girl living at home in order to take care of her little sister. In the day and age that jessica lives in, America is run by t...
253K 15.2K 23
โ–ช๏ธŽIt doesn't matter if we fight or not, you are still my wife, and I will never let you goโ–ช๏ธŽ The thing about Mafia is that no one is safe, and nothin...