Unveiling Hearts

By Risou7

In a world of arranged unions, Nandini's life takes a dramatic twist when she steps into the role of a 'repla... More

Character sketch
Friends and Family
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18( part 2)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

chapter 18

1K 107 13
By Risou7

Hello, everyone!

Get ready for a lengthy chapter – I hope it meets your expectations for an enjoyable read (if not, my apologies in advance). I haven't proofread it, so I'm sorry for any mistakes.

And yes, I must apologize for making it a bit cliche. Happy reading! ✨☺️
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Nandini gets dressed all in red. Before leaving to meet her friends she informs Ma and papa at home and goes her way. She was excited at the same time sacred to meet them. She did not know how to tell them that she was married suddenly. She knew they would be really angry and not only on her for getting convinced to marry but also on her uncle and aunt.
But she did need to tell them. Keeping this from them would be worse.
Because definitely they'd kill her if they come to know from someone else.

She was on her way and she also got reminded of her job. The job which she needs to get back to. She thought that she'd join back next week. She was lucky to get leave at last minute. The people at her work are really good and friendly. She was a art curator and she loved her job. She even liked to paint but could not take it as her profession.

She soon reaches the restaurant and she sees Arjun and Vikram sitting at the far end of the restaurant. Whereas Riya was late as usual. The habit she could never give up on no matter what.

Waving with a smile, Nandini approached her friends, the wedding symbols evident on her. They did not know what to take of it.
Arjun was the first to speak. Where as Vikram was stunned.

Arjun, perplexed, questioned, "Nandu, what's all this? Are you pranking us?" His expression revealed a mix of astonishment and confusion.

Nandini, hesitant, clarified, "No, it's not a prank."

Vikram added, "Nandu, wasn't it your sister's wedding?"

With a nod, Nandini suggested, "Yes, it was. Let Riya come; I'll explain everything. Let's order something till then."

Arjun and Vikram reluctantly agreed.
They order some food and by the time they were done Riya was there. She went towards them all happy.
As soon as she reached she engulfed Nandini in a hug. They were friends from childhood. So their relationship was the one you could imagine.

Before Riya could inquire, Nandini ushered her to settle down. 

Riya : "What happened Nandu what's all of this? ( She asked pointing at her mangalsutra and kumkum) "

Arjun echoed, "Yes, tell us. Now even Riya is here."

Before Nandini could respond, Vikram interjected, "Kya hua? Everything alright na? Please tell us. It's making us more worried."

Nandini, wanting to tell her story without interruption, asserted, "First let me speak. How could I tell when all of you are jumping with so many questions one by one."

Riya assured, "Okay, speak. No one's gonna interrupt you anymore."

Nandini started telling what happened on Anjali's wedding and how she ended up marrying the person Anjali was supposed to marry.

After listening to all of it everyone were too stunned to speak anything.
But Vikram was the first to recover.

Vikram : "how could they do this Nandini. Yes they never cared about you before. But this was your life's most important decision. They could not have taken even that away from you."

Even though he was angry he was considerate. He knew Nandini wouldn't like him getting angry at her family. She loved them as they were her only family after her parents had passed away.

Nandini did not tell anything as she did not know what to say. Soon Riya spoke.

Riya: "Who's your husband? does he treat you well? Does his family treat you well? If not tell me I'm going to talk to them or you just leave and walk out stay with me. You don't have to go through this just because of their stupid family names."

Nandini: "I am fine and everybody at home is treating me well. They were the ones who stood by me. Even though they were deceived by my father and step-mom, they did not treat me like a slave or even shout at me for that matter. They are very good to me. And I like them."

Arjun inquired, "But who did you marry?"

With a deep breath, Nandini revealed, "Manik. Manik Malhotra."

Riya, wide-eyed, exclaimed, "Whattttttt.........The Manik Malhotra?"

Nandini, uncertain of Riya's reaction, cautiously affirmed, "Yes. Do you know him?"

Riya : "I mean who doesn't? He's the CEO of one of the top companies. He's like everywhere."

Nandini : Oh!

Arjun, a bit sceptical, noted, "But he's said to be ruthless and cold. Does he treat you well?"

Nandini : (reassured) " He does not shout at me if that's what you'll mean? I am not restricted of doing what I want? And I have a nice family, which I never imagined I'd ever get."

Vikram was still worried and concerned for her. He's seen Nandini over the years how fragile she is. So he did not want her to compromise even with her marriage. When she compromised every little thing in her life. Even her dream of being an artist.

Vikram : "But still.... It happened all of a sudden. Are you okay? Do you want to come out of it? "

Nandini, determined, replied, "No no, I'm happy, and I'm fine. I like everyone at home a lot. They take good care of me. And I don't want to divorce. It's the last thing I'd like to do. My mom would be so disappointed in me if I did that."

Understanding her stance, Vikram offered support, "I know Nandu, you'd never do something like that. But take care of yourself. And we are here anytime you need us. Call us anytime."

Riya echoed the sentiment, "Yes Nandu, call us anytime; we'll be there."

With a playful tone, Nandini redirected the conversation, "Yes baba tikhe. Now enough of this. What's up with you guys?"

Riya, ever the dramatic one, teased, "No, let's talk about you. Married and all ha. Didn't even call us for the wedding. I had so many plans. So many dhamki to give. But no, a lady had to get married in a hurry out of nowhere."

Feigning innocence, Nandini retorted, "Now, was it my fault? Tell me what will I have to do?"

Arjun, steering the conversation, asked, "First tell us how's married life doing? Do you like it?"

With a hint of reflection, Nandini shared, "There's nothing to tell. It's still just like some 4 days. It's weird living with a man I never met before. But he's still giving me some space, and everybody is treating me well. It feels like a real family."

Vikram, offering reassurance, said, "If you're happy, then even we are. But do tell us if there's any problem."

Riya, bringing back the humor, chimed in, "But when are you making us meet him? 👀 Humare jiju ko humse kab milavoge?"
(Really sorry if my Hindi is bad please do correct me )

( The word jiju felt alien to her. As it was the first time someone referred it to her. She was still getting used to the fact that she was married )

Nandini : "I don't know. I need to ask him if he's comfortable."

Riya : "But we need to atleast meet him na. We have so many things to discuss. So many Dhamkis to give."

Nandini : "you're not going to do or say any of the stupid things 👀😒
It's better you'll not meet him only. Anything random you'll will start to blabber."

Nandini was happy to be around them after all of the Hassel. She could be herself with them. Shout at them act goofy or anything as such. And she felt them as a blessing. The friends who stayed by her side every single time.

Vikram : "No we have to meet him. We need to see if he's fit to be your husband. Or else we need to root him to be one. "

Arjun : "yes and we also need to see if he fits our group. I hope he's not that same grumpy person who evryone talks about."

Riya : "I think he'll be the same. It's not like Nandini is any less. I think both of them are perfect."

Nandini : "Areyyy kuch bhi. Without meeting him only so much you'll are saying. I hope you guys never meet."

Amidst laughter and banter, the friends discussed Nandini's married life. Vikram and Arjun insisted on meeting Manik, while Riya eagerly anticipated giving her dramatic touch to the encounter.As three hours flew by with their banter, Nandini received a call from Manik.

She hushed her friends, picked up the call, and greeted, "Hello Manik. What happened?"

Manik, casual yet curious, inquired, "Nothing. I'm done with my work. So I wanted to ask if you're done or still have more time."

Realizing the elapsed time, Nandini admitted, "We are done. We didn't realize that so much time had passed."

Suddenly Riya motions asking her to ask him to meet. Nandini hushed her telling no and they start their silent banter. Nandini doesn't realise that her banter ( which is actually not really silent could be heard by manik) and manik suddenly speaks.  Manik overheard their excitement and proposed, "Do your friends want to meet me?"

Surprised, Nandini stammered, "Huh?"

Manik : "I mean you were still on line and ...."

Nandini : ( slightly embarrassed ) "oh , no , I mean yes . But it's okay they can meet you next time. "

Manik, sensing the commotion in the background, offered, "If it's okay with them, I can come now. I'm done with my work anyway."

Caught in a bind, Nandini, amidst Riya's enthusiastic screams in the background, reluctantly agreed.
Manik was happy to be a part of Nandini's life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 5.5K 34
replacing her sister in the wedding she became the wife of her sisters fiance. will she just be the substitute of the devil or will she become the l...
69.4K 4.7K 40
This story based on two broken soul who is find peace in his life . let's see how they find peace and happiness in each other.
98.7K 8.5K 17
An arranged marriage tale with a mix of family drama and siblings bond.
8.8K 827 12
Hi all, This story is from Male lead perspective. This is not completely my story. I read this story somewhere and I wanted to write this for MaNan...