The Radio Kids. (Hazbin Hotel...

By MidnightViolex

*UPDATES WHENEVER POSSIBLE* (Chapter 31 uploaded on April 29th, 2024) Ah, the stock market crash of 1929... O... More

Abandoned.
Kidnapped by a murderer.
Home of the killer.
Threats by the fire.
Kept in check.
Going to work.
The radio show and escape plan.
A tough choice.
Tough memories.
Education and another to deal with.
Drenched in crimson.
Daring Decision.
Caught.
The basement.
Unfortunate.
Family.
Sample of blood.
Released.
Deal.
Infatuation.
Learning the ropes.
Disappointment.
Strange meal.
Special day.
Dare he say.
Suspicion and inconsistency.
Cannibalism.
Despair.
1933.
Night terror.

New Normal.

1.2K 35 28
By MidnightViolex

Very interesting indeed.

~

Shaking off the uncomfortable feeling from the situation that just took place, Alastor took out his silver pocket watch, clicking the button to open it.

"My, my, it would seem I've lost track of time!" Alastor exclaimed, closing his pocket watch and placing it back into his vest pocket. "I was going to drive you both back home but I suppose with the lack of time I will just have to bring you both to my workplace with me."

As the three grabbed their things and put on their coats to leave. Alastor thought carefully to himself.

A simple slip up in timekeeping, a mistake. At least, that's what he led Samuel and Edith to believe, but Alastor was well aware of the truth. This 'simple mistake' was anything but a mistake. Rather, an intended 'slip up'.

As Al placed a small stack of money on the table, enough to pay for what they ordered and leave a generous tip for the waitresses to share, he put on his hat and led the way back to the car.

And just like that the three were on their way to the radio station.

Although he was quiet, Sam was actually excited to see where Alastor worked and the place and people Edith talked so much about.

All of this was so new to him but yet so normal for Edith. Alastor never trusted him to leave the house before, rightfully so, but now he did and it felt wonderful. Finally being able to breathe fresh air without the anxiety of being caught was nice.

And being able to explore and see the city without the worries of getting attacked or finding food or shelter was especially freeing.

For the first time in years he could just sit back and relax. And that's what he did...

For the rest of the car ride.

When they got to the radio station, Edith was jumping all over him, excited to show him everything, started with where he was to put his coat next to the door and next, one of her favorite people at the radio station!

The two walked forward until they got to a reception counter where Vivienne sat, typing away at her typewriter, stopping when they got to her. "Hi Alastor, Edith, and..?" She greeted, her words fading when her eyes landed on Sam.

"Oh! Hello young man! I don't believe we've met before!"

"This is my brother Sam! Remember?" Edith exclaimed, her eyes barely peeking over the desk as she stood on the tips of her toes.

Vivienne's eyes widened as she recalled the many times Edith spoke of her brother. "Yes! That's right! Well, hi there Sam! I've heard so much about you! I'm Vivienne Medrano, but you can call me Vivzie or Viv for short if you'd like!"

"A pleasure to meet you, Viv! I've heard much about you as well, all good things of course." Sam said, bowing his head slightly to the blonde lady.

Vivienne smiled before looking down at Edith. "I drew some new drawings for you to color." She said, holding a few pieces of paper and a box of crayons towards the girl who lit up upon seeing them.

She took the paper and crayons. After she thanked Vivienne, she was quick to grab Sam's hand, dragging him up the stairs and out of sight.

Vivienne sighed as she watched the two disappear before turning towards Alastor. "A-Alastor?"

"Yes, my dear?" Alastor responded, putting his things down and getting his papers in order.

"I-I read in the paper the other day that you were one of the suspects of the murders that have been happening lately and the police came to ask us all questions about you." Vivienne spoke sadly. "Are you okay? You haven't been here in a while and I was beginning to get worried. It's confusing why they're suspecting you, you're one of the nicest gentlemen I know."

"Ah, I understand. They're only suspecting me because a lantern that was stolen from me not long ago was found at one of the crime scenes. A simple case of bad luck." Alastor explained. "As for why I have not been here, well, Samuel fell very ill and I decided that caring for him was a priority. Nothing to worry about, darling, I assure you."

He lied straight through his charming smile.

"I don't want you to worry about anything, dear. It'll all be handled in due time. The police will catch this killer. We just need to be patient, that's all." He reassured her.

Vivienne took a deep breath and smiled lightly at the man in front of her. "Thank you Al, I needed that." She said, sitting back down in her chair.

"Phew, anyway, um... Husker is already upstairs waiting for you, probably shouldn't keep him waiting for too long." She laughed softly, lightening the mood.

Alastor smiled back at her. "Good idea! Thank you my dear!" He said before straightening his papers and heading upstairs himself.

~Earlier~

As Edith eagerly grabbed the paper and crayons from Vivienne's hands, "Thank you!" She exclaimed.

Without warning, Sam felt the small hand of his sister grab his wrist and drag him behind the desk and up a small wooden staircase. The halls and rooms were decent sized, every few seconds a person would walk by, off doing their daily work, earning their paychecks like every other hard worker.

Finally, Edith opened a door that led to the main control room that was connected to the actual recording room.

"Wow you're actually on time Antho-" Husker spoke, turning his chair before halting his sentence upon seeing the two. "Oh, Edith, it's you. And who are you?" He said, his tone uncaring as he pointed his finger towards the teen.

Sam brushed his hair back, attempting to fix it up. "H-Hi I'm Sam." He said before stepping forward with his hand out. "It's nice to meet y-"

Husker turned his head coldly. "I don't shake hands, kid. Why are you here?"

The coldness in his attitude and gruffness in his voice caught Sam off-guard. It was a huge step in the opposite direction from the kindness Vivienne showed downstairs.

"He's my brother!" Edith exclaimed gleefully, completely disregarding the rudeness as though she was used to it by now.

Husk rolled his eyes. "Oh so you're the one who was dumb enough to walk towards a screaming man in the woods by himself."

Husker's sarcastic comment left Sam in shock. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Only slight audible sounds could be heard coming from his as he struggled to find the words to express his thoughts.

"Would you shut your mouth?! That's disgusting. I don't want to see that." The older man grumbled.

Sam's mouth closed with an audible clap.

Husker huffed as he turned back around in his seat. The teen slowly took a few more steps towards the man, releasing Edith's hand from his own. "Y-You... You know?! About... everything??" He questioned, still in shock.

The black haired man turned back around, his elbow resting on the arm of his chair and his chin resting in his palm. "No. I'm the ghost of the dead guy and remember everything." He said sarcastically. "Course I know everything, dimwit."

Luckily for Husk, Edith was sitting at a small table coloring her drawings without paying attention to the conversation. If Alastor found out she heard what he said, he could potentially become the dead guy.

Sam felt... He felt rather... Actually, he didn't know what he felt. Disparaged might be a good word to use. Husk was clearly belittling him with his sarcasm and insult.

A few more awkward minutes later and in came Alastor, ready to entertain the audience of his beloved radio show.

Alastor walked into a confused sight. Husk, turned around at his control panel, without hanging up on him for being late or anything like that. How peculiar.

"It's about time!"

Aaaand there it is.

"Husk, my good friend! I see you've met Samuel!" Alastor spoke happily, pointing towards Sam who was sitting next to Edith, helping her color.

"Cut it, Al. Anthony's been late every single damn day that you've not been here." Husk scolded shaking his head, clearly trying his hardest not to swear while Edith was in the room. "Now hurry this up before I kill someone."

"Ha, ha! As impatient as always!" Alastor sang, entering the recording room, placing his papers down neatly in front of him.

He adjusted his microphone and off he went, reporting the news and weather, telling jokes and stories all along the way.

Sam had long since put the crayons he was holding down, watching Alastor as he did his show. He's never seen anything like this before, it was... amazing. His voice was so... enthusiastic and sprightly. Even more than his regular voice that he speaks with, if that was even possible.

The teen could tell he loved his job. The genuine happiness evident on his face was enough to prove it.

Sam was sure he could be a good actor too. Al was charming, had an infectious smile, and was definitely a great wordsmith.

Alastor had a talent for winning people over with his words alone. He was a manipulator but was so good at it, no one knew. Even Sam could hardly tell the difference between him being truthful and deceitful. Though, that thought was terrifying, there wasn't much he could do about it.

After the radio shows for that day had finished and the sky grew dark, Sam, Edith, and Alastor took their leave, but not before Edith ran up to Vivienne's desk, showing her the colored drawings.

Viv smiled and took the papers. "These look wonderful, Edith! Some perfect new editions!" She exclaimed, reaching under the desk and grabbing a small handmade book, taping the drawings onto some blank pages.

On the other pages were other drawings that Edith had colored over the months.

The young girl giggled as she skipped back over towards Alastor and Sam, putting on her coat while waving towards Vivienne. "Good night! Stay safe, okay?!" She shouted towards them.

"Of course. Make sure you get home safely as well, darling."

The quiet car ride was nice since all three were tired from the long day and wanted nothing more than to have dinner and head to sleep.

When the three finally got home, Alastor took mental notes of the multiple sets of faint dirt footprints leading up to the front door. So faint in fact that Sam and Edith didn't notice them as they followed behind.

These footprints were something Alastor had predicted he'd see, though they still unsettled and irritated him no less.

After Alastor had fed them all and shooed the two children to bed, he sat in his library, not reading anything but rather staring off into the distance. He was tired but falling asleep has never been an easy task for him. He's always had too much to think about. His mind loved to race, refusing to give him even the smallest of breaks.

This time was no different. His mind ran from his conversation on the phone last night to seeing those footprints only a few hours ago. The footprints were from police officers or maybe even detectives.

He had made sure no one was home because he had been forewarned of an uninvited guest that would pay a visit to his home and visit they did.

Had this warning not come when it did, Alastor can only imagine what the outcome could have been.

He pondered this thought as he got himself ready for bed. If the children had been there without him, the outcome would depend on how whoever visited presented themselves. If they were in a police uniform Samuel could have easily disclosed every little incriminating thing against him, no doubt ending in an arrest soon after.

Though, the teen knows that squealing such information would only result in them being homeless again. It would be pathetically stupid for him to be disloyal. He can't be that idiotic, right?

As Alastor put on his night clothes and took a seat on the side of his bed, he thought carefully.

It was idiotic for Samuel to try and escape from him, yet he still did that. Perhaps it's not the brightest idea for him to assume the boy to be smart.

Though if he and his sister ever were to become homeless again, whether it be by Sam's stupidity or by Alastor being caught and arrested, maybe it would be best if they knew how to properly survive by themselves...

Alastor can help with that.

Though, he'd have to make a quick call first.

~

Hi everyone, author-chan here!
I'm pretty sure you've noticed but I'm trying to get chapters out more frequently and now that Hazbin Hotel is out, I plan to start delving more into the actual plot and not endless filler.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 94 12
In the years of 1920's it's pretty hard to live as a woman who isn't very feminine. Hated by her Dad and left by her Mother, Mary had nothing more to...
168K 5.6K 36
COMPLETE! •───────•°•°•───────• "𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞�...
11.7K 447 9
Note: This is currently a female reader inserted unless Lucifer becomes more prominent in season 2! They say when you die, your soul is judge. If yo...
354K 11.9K 108
For Fawn, life was normal. As a 21 year old college student living on her own, she's doing pretty decent with the cards she's been dealt. Who knew t...