This Lil' Hottie Was A Geek

By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

Meet Fay Valentine, a spunky rough necked troublemaker who has watched over her childhood friend since she sa... More

Meet Fay
Twilight Zone
Baby Got Back
He's bringing sexy back
Let it rock
Peaches N' Cream
Hobos R Us
Foooooood Fiiiiiiight!
So much for my happy ending
"I want you".....
Truly Madly Deeply
When Austens "Vals" turns to "Fay"
Every girl needs a Knight
Baby I will wait for you
Haunted
Say Goodbye
This I Promise You
Big Brother Is Watching You...
Could it be, that it's true...that it's you?
I know this crush aint going away
Not one...but two?
Missing
Kidnapped
Stan the Janitor
The Search
Bitter sweet reunion
"Even if you cannot hear my voice...I'll be right beside you dear"
A bullet for my Valentine
I'm gonna kick her ass...
I Love You
My light, my aurora...I never wanna let you go
What to wear? What to wear?
The Date (The End?)

Mama bear hugs and hot kisses

197K 2.8K 385
By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

(Fays POV)

I wish I could tell you that the screen went black, credits rolls in and a sappy love song is playing on the background to make the perfect little ending...

Yeah, I don't think so.

No matter how blissfully happy I was that I finally realized my true feelings for Austen, we still had issues to take care of. After our hot little make out scene in front of a live audience (which I am majorly embarrassed about by the way) Gavin hauled our asses out the creepy tunnel under the school. He didn't have to ask us twice, we were glad to get the hell out of tht hell hole.

What was even more surprising was that there were already ambulances and cop cars everywhere by the time we got back to the surface. How the hell had they gotten there so fast was beyond me. Gavin was suspiciously tight lipped about it all. I mean, how did he even know where to find us? Bigger question was how did he know something was wrong?

Of course when the cops and medics reached us we were enveloped in concerns and dozens upon dozens of questions that half the questions we didn't even know how to answer. All we could tell them was the truth.

Stan kidnapped me along with Angela because he had a sick and twisted obsession with me. His niece, Amber, who no one even knew were related, had been part of the plan as well. She had a sick and twisted obsession with Austen. Yeah...they were just a sick and twisted family.

So as for Stan and Amber.... after their unconscious bodies were carried out the tunnel they had woken up then checked by the EMTs. They were released to the cops who hauled them away in the back of the police cars. Good riddance.

And Angela...she had been hauled in an ambulance and sent to the nearest hospital for her wounds. She had gotten hit by one of Stans stray bullets but the doctor had assured us that it wasn't anything life theathening. It would have been if the ambulance hadn't come as fast as they had though. She could have bled to death.

As for the rest of us, we were in the same hospital as well. There were three things I hated most in this world. Injustice, cops and hospitals. They almost had to hog-tie me to get me in the ambulance so they could take me to the hospital for x-rays. They wanted to make sure Stan hadn't broken anything seeing as I was black and blue all over.

Through out the whole thing Austen had been pretty silent. He had just hovered over me like some dark protector or something. I gotta tell you, this new discovery with Austen's "dark side" was going to take some getting used to. I mean I'd probably need thearopy after this...okay maybe that's a bit dramatic but seriously, I can't get over the fact that Austen, MY Austen had split personalities.

That's what it was right? I mean how else can I explain the sudden change in him? How can he be this sweet adorable boy one second then a seductive dangerous man the next? It boggled my mind. Who was the real Austen McKennzie? How can you be so in love with someone yet doubt them at the same time?

Yeah, you heard me, I'm in love with Austen McKennzie. It's all still confusing but I knew in my gut that I loved this boy...man? Ugh. I'm seriously getting a headache.

"Well, Ms. Valentine,"  Dr. Giles said stepping back after examining me while I sat on the hospital bed, "you're pretty bruised up but we couldn't find anything else wrong with you."

"Good," I let out a breath of relief. I couldn't stand anymore of this poking and probing and I seriously needed to get out of here. I hated hospitals...they smelt like death.

"You might want to stay home for a week," Dr. Giles told me, writing something on his boardpad. "I'll write a note to your school excusing you from classes."

"Thanks," I muttered. There was no doubt in my mind that we'd be the hot topic of the school gossip til the end of the school year. Great, just freakin great.

"I'll also prescribe you some medication for the pain," Doc continued, still jotting things down on his pad. "And I want you to get some rest, Ms. Valentine. I mean it."

"Yeah, yeah, Doc," I sighed, "I get it." See, this wasn't the first time I had been to this hospital to see him. There were many times in my childhood that I've fallen off a tree or got banged up after a fight and was sent here. Doc and I were very well aquainted.

"Where's Fay!" We heard someone cry out from behind the closed door, "where's my daughter! What happened to Fay? Oh my god, Gavin! Where's Dean? Where are my babies!?"

I groaned. Oh just prefect. Mom was here.

"Fay!" My mother burst into the room without so much as a knock. She took one looked at me and started bawling. I was quickly enveloped in her arms and I kept my mouth shut as she cried and rocked me back and forth. Her mama bear hug hurt like hell but I didn't want her to worry any more than she did now.

"My poor baby," Mom sobbed, "my poor, poor Fayonette."

Yeah I kept my mouth shut even when she called me "Fayonette." I hated that name.

"Oh my baby," Mom repeated, stroking my hair, "my sweet little girl."

I sighed. "Ma, I'm fine."

She refused to let go, sobbing even harder.

"Ma, really, I'm fine. Don't cry anymore."

"Fay!" I looked up and groaned again. Great, Austen's mom was here too. Of course she would be. "Fay!" Mrs. McKennzie rushed to me, "Oh my poor Fay."

I found myself wrapped up in two mama bear hugs. Crowded around the door were Luis, Gavin, Austen and Jason, who had already gotten his arm bandaged up by a nurse. I sent them a 'help me, you morons' look but they just stood there and smiled at the scene the moms were making. Even Austen's lips twitched, fighting back a smile.

"We rushed here as soon as we heard," Mama McKennzie was the first to speak through her sobs, "I can't believe this happened to you."

"Yeah, me either."

"I-I'm a bad mother," my mother wailed, still clinging to me. "I should have known something was wrong."

"Ma, how could you have?"

"Mamas should just know about these things! I should have sensed it. I should have known..."

"Stop, Ma," I patted her on the back, "this wasn't your fault. It's over, I'm alive, everyones alive, so everythings fine."

My mother finally pulled back enough to look at my face. In her late 30's my mother was still a pretty attractive woman. We had the same eyes and everything. "Oh, Fay. Look what he did to you."

"Ma..."

"I'll kill him!" She suddenly declared. "No!" Her eyes widened, "I have a better idea! I'll grab my gardening tool and cut his balls off!"

My jaw dropped. "Mother!"

"Good idea!" Mama McKennzie nodded at my mother with approval. "I'll grab my husbands hunting knife and make shish kabobs out of them."

"Okay," I rolled my eyes, "ew. No need to go that far, they're in jail by now."

"Doctor," my mom faced Dr. Giles, "will my little girl be all right?"

"Nothing to worry about, Mrs. Valentine," the doctor smiled, "she's a tough girl. All she needs is a little rest."

Mom sighed with relief. "Thank you so much, doctor."

Doctor Giles nodded. "If you'll come with me I just need you to sign some documents..." Thankfully my mother followed him even though she was reluctant to do so. With a pat on my cheek, Mama McKennzie followed my mother and the doctor out the door, passing the guys.

"Finally," I let out a deep breath, "I thought they'd never leave."

"Your moms awesome," Luis chuckled, stepping in the room fully. "I'd love to have a mother who'd be willing to cut someones balls off for me."

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, how come your parents aren't here making a scene?" I glared accusingly at Jason and Luis. It really wasn't fair that only Austens mom and my mom were here making me embarrassed to death.

"Already called my dad," Luis shrugged, "I told him not to come, I'm not hurt or anything."

"My parents are on their honeymoon," Jason explained, "no one to call. I don't want to ruin their trip so I wont tell them anything til they get here."

"What about Angela's parents?"

Jason frowned. "I tried to call them but no one picked up."

"How is she? Did you guys see her yet?"

"She's resting I think. Dean's with her." Jason's frown deepened. "I wonder what's going on with those two."

Luis and I shared a look. We partially knew what was going on between those two but neither of us will share that info with Jason. He might still have a thing for Angela.

"Well I for one am glad that you're okay, baby cousin," Gavin patted my head, "don't scare your mom like that again."

I glared at him. "Hey, how come you knew where to find us?"

Gavin winked. "I'm all knowing, babe."

"Stuff it. Tell us the truth." Everyones curious eyes were fixed on him. Yeah, there's no way of getting out of this one buddy.

Gavin lifed a brow at the suspicious and questioning gazes then shrugged. "I just knew like Dean just knows things."

"You're telling us you're like some woo-woo like Dean?" This question came from Jason.

"Yeah," Gavin's lips twitched, "some woo-woo."

I eyed him thoughtfully. "Hey...have you been keeping tabs on me since we ran into each other at the mall?"

"Maybe."

"Spill it buster, we're in a hospital. There are a lot of surgical stuff I can use to torture the truth out of you."

"Cuz, has anyone ever told you that you're pretty bloodthirtsty for a chick?"

"I do all the time," Luis pipped up quite cheerfully. I shot him a dry look.

"Alright," Gavin sighed, "so I was keeping tabs on you, no harm in that. I thought you were acting funny, pretty jumpy too. Plus I couldn't help get the feeling that you were in trouble and wouldn't let anyone help you."

"So what?" Jason blinked, "you followed her around?"

"Well...yes and no."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

Gavin scratched his head. "Well...like I said Dean and I are a lot alike. We sense things. I just kept a mental hold on Fay, like a mental tracker."

"Ah," Luis nodded as if he understood everything Gavin was saying, "so you're saying you didn't physically keep tabs on Fay, but mentally did."

"Yeah, exactly."

I stared at them, seriously more confused than before. "Say what now?"

"I'm with you," Jason blew out a breath, "this woo-woo stuff is weird."

"Gavin used his ability to keep an eye on you," Austen finally spoke up from behind them, "just incase something happened he'd be linked to you and know where you'd be and if you're in any danger."

Gavin grinned. "You get it too."

Austen nodded. "I wish I had something like that."

"A 'Fay is in deep shit again' detector sure would be nice," Luis said wistfully.

"Shut up," I growled at him. It still felt like Gavin was hiding something.

"I felt Dean's mental push too," Gavin said, tapping his temple. "I instantly knew something was up so I called for backup."

"And you came just in time," Dean popped up beside Austen. We all jumped but Austen and Gavin.

"Seriouly, little man," Luis chuckled, "you really should come with a bell around your neck."

"No kidding," Jason said.

"How are you?" Dean asked, walking up to me.

"Fine," I studied him, making sure there were no signs of injury. "You look okay too."

Dean shrugged. "Yeah."

"How is Angela?"

"She's sleeping."

"I'm glad she's okay." And I meant it. In an odd way I felt a sort of kinship with her after what we went through together. Now, now, I'm not saying that we'd instantly get along and skip hand in hand in a meadow together. The very thought of it made me wanna barf. Still...I was grateful that she was alive and well.

"Hey," Jason caught Dean's attention. "Did she...did she ask about me? I wanted to see her earlier but..." he let his sentence hang from there.

"No." Dean answered simply.

"No what?"

"No, she didn't ask about you."

"Oh."

Okay...awkward stuff...and speaking of awkward, It was seriously beginning to bug me that Austen hadn't even touched or spoken directly to me since we got to the hospital over an hour ago. Why was he being so distant? Don't tell me it was trouble in paradise already. I mean, geez, our new relationship (if there even was one) had bearly even started.

Luis must have sensed my sudden change of mood cause he eyed the distance between me and Austen and clapped his hands together. "Well, why don't we give our new couple some time together, eh?"

Dear ol' Luis, always straight to the point.

"Right," Gavin winked at us and ushered Jason and Dean out the door. "we shouldn't mess with their lovey-dovey alone time." And soon we were left alone with the door closed.

I watched him watching me, his arms crossed and back leaning against the wall. I seriously wanted to know what was going though his mind right now. His face was a blank slate.

Oh god...was he...was he having second thoughts about being with me? Had Ambers words reached him and made him realize that I'm too much of a heartless bitch to be bothered with? I admit that I could be as clueless as they come but I wasn't a heartless bitch. Austen knew that...right?

I cleared my throat. "So..."

He remained silent.

I popped my lips and looked around the room, not really particularly looking at anything. I just felt so damn uncomfortable with this silence and I was nervous as hell. This was all new feelings for me. I've never been 'in love' before...at least not while realizing it so I didn't know how to act around Austen now.

Should I...should I head-butt him or something? I twiddled my thumbs. Well, that would have worked with the old geeky Austen but this Austen...I don't know. But what I did know was that I'm not a very patient person. This whole sitting in suffocating silence thing was getting on my nerves.

"Hey," I looked straight at him, "are you having second thoughts about us?"

"No."

"Really? Cause this whole silent thing is soooo assuring." Sarcasm was practically oozing all over that sentence.

"I couldn't protect you."

I blinked. "Eh?"

He uncrossed his arms and straightened. "I said I couldn't protect you. When you needed me the most I failed you."

Ooooooh. Was this some macho man thing?

"Austen," I eyed him, "really? You're beating yourself up about that? It's my fault that this happened anyway. I was stupid."

Austen shook his head. "I should have still known something was up. I should have known. I should have protected you."

"Should-da, could-da, would-da," I muttered. "Austen, don't knock yourself down. You guys found us right? Angela and I are alive because you guys found us. It all worked out."

Austen strode towards me and took my hands into his. "Do you have any idea how I felt? How much I wanted to tear that damn janitors heart our for hurting you like this?"

"Yes," I stared at his hands holding mine, "but what happened can't be changed. We gotta move on so don't let this thing come between us."

"And what's between us, Vals?"

I looked into his eyes. His endlessly deep blue eyes. "I-I was hoping it was something more than before."

A small smile touched his lips. There was a gleam in his eyes that wasn't there before and it made my heart race. "How much more?"

I looked away shyly. Ugh! Me? Shy? Geez, Austen was turning me into a pudding. "You know what I mean."

"Vals?"

"Hmm?"

"Look at me."

My eyes locked on his throat.

"Higher."

My eyes landed on his chin.

"Higher."

His lips...those kissable lips...

Austen chuckled. "Look into my eyes, Vals."

I gulped and slowly I looked into his eyes. They were intense, heated...and burned with unspoken yet evident desire. It scared the crap out of me...yet excited me. How weird was that? I'm such a skank.

"Hey, Vals," Austen said softly, leaning in towards me until his lips hovered only inches above mine. I felt his hot featherly breath against my lips, sending delightful chills thoughout my body.

"Y-yeah?"

"May I kiss you?"

Oh boy...

"Do you really need to ask?"

Austen chuckled before his lips claimed mine.

Hot.

All I could think about was how hot his lips felt pressed against mine. Soft, demaning and hot. I've never dated before so I didn't kiss much...okay who am I joking? I never kissed anyone but Austen before and I must say. I like it. I like his kisses.

How'd he become such a good kisser? Hmm...that was something to ask him later...

"Oh my!" Gasps came from behind Austen. We pulled apart and I knew without having to peek behind him that our mothers were staring at us. Wide eyed. I groaned. Great.

"Don't worry about us, dears," Mama McKennzie said as she was closing the door, "um...pretend we never came in." Click.

"Oh god," I bumped my forehead against Austen's. "That was sooo embarrassing!"

Austen laughed.

 ------

Cookie: I'd like to thank all the fans and readers of this story for voting and commenting! XD You guys and gals made this story #14 on the What's Hot list for the past 3 days. Impressive. Lets see how long it lasts. lol. :)

ps: the story isn't over yet ^_^

Pic is of Fay

Song is "I wanna be with you" by Mandy Moore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 214 29
~Alex~ She's a good girl. And that just really means she's nice. Until you annoy her at least,she loves being a trouble maker. Alex has never had a e...
135K 4.3K 30
Olivia Brooks was a normal girl. She was in the middle of the social ladder and had a bunch of good friends. Her only problem was the huge crush she...
177K 4.1K 25
Sarah Sanders is a girl who always got bullied. No matter how hard she tried to fit in she just couldn't. Scar by scar she felt something in her body...
29 2 24
My name is Emma and my profession is unusual for most people. But for me, there is something romantic about it. After all, not every job gives you a...