Yu-Gi-Oh: It's Time To Duel...

By MrEhero-Ultimate

Long ago, when the pyramids were still young, the Egyptian Kings played a game of great and terrible power. B... More

Oc Bio: Information
Season 1 Episode 1: The Heart of the cards
Season 1 Episode 2: The Gauntlet is Thrown
Season 1 Episode 3: Journey to Duelist Kingdom
Season 1 Episode 4: Into the hornet's nest
Season 1 Episode 5: First Duel
Season 1 Episode 6: Attack from the deep
Season 1 Episode 7: Everything's Relative
Season 1 Episode 8: Duel with a Ghoul - Pt1
Season 1 Episode 10: Dueling monkey
Season 1 Episode 11: Evil spirit of the ring
Season 1 Episode 12: Light shines in darkness
Season 1 Episode 13: The scars of defeat
Season 1 Episode 14: Arena of lost souls
Season 1 Episode 15: Double Trouble Pt1
Season 1 Episode 16: Double Trouble Pt2
Season 1 Episode 17: Honor amongst each other
Season 1 Episode 18: The Key to the Mind
Season 1 Episode 19: Face Off
Season 1 Episode 20: Shining Friendship
Season 1 Episode 21: Champion vs Creator
Season 1 Episode 22: The Night Before
Season 1 Episode 23: Duel Identity

Season 1 Episode 9: Duel with a Ghoul - Pt2

700 15 14
By MrEhero-Ultimate

(Watch Opening)

The duel between Amikou and Ghost Seto was still underway, with both player's life points past the halfway marker.

<Amikou> 100LP
<Ghost Seto> 900LP

With two face-down cards, her Aqua Madoor in defense mode and two turns left on her Swords of Revealing Light she was staring at the second Blue-Eyes White Dragon that had arrived on the field. Ghost Seto smirked as he continued to make fun of Amikou.

Ghost Seto: Hehehe... I have to say that you were a lot better than you were the last time we dueled, but that was a long time ago. And just like all those times, I'm still going to win!

Amikou draws her next card as she looked at her hand and stared at the two cards. She quickly played them from her hand.

Amikou: I summon Spirit of the Harp in defense mode!

She played her monster as a woman wearing a yellowish cloak sat next to a big harp infront of her with a defense strength of 2000DEF.

Amikou: Then I'll play, Red Medicine! Which replenishes my life points by 500 points!

<Amikou> 100+500/ 600LP
<Ghost Seto> 900LP

Joey: Yeah! She's closing the gap between them!

Jason: Smart move, she was at a major disadvantage with only 100 life points.

Yami looks up at the duel as Amikou stares down the Ghost as he narrowed his eyes at her, with it being his turn, Ghost Seto draws his next card.

Ghost Seto: Hmm, so you want to use magic cards? Well I suppose I can do just the same. I'll play Dark Energy which gives my Ryu-Kishin Powered 800 more attack power.

-Ryu-Kishin Powered: 1600+800 =2400ATK-

Amikou's eyes widened as she knew what was going to happen, the Ghost chuckled before calling out his attack.

Ghost Seto: Go my beast, destroy her pathetic Harp!

Amikou: Not so fast creep! I activate my trap, Threatening Roar! This card negates your entire battle phase, so my monster's are safe!

The attack stopped at it immediately faded away as Ghost Seto grunts with annoyance before his lips curled up into a smile, this scene alone made the other shiver at the sight of it.

Tristan: Uh guys, that Kaiba's smiling.

Joey: Yeah, gives me the creeps.

Yami: 'This isn't good, I don't know what your strategy is for beating Blue-Eyes... But I hope you can do it fast.'
_________________________________________

At the Kaiba Mansion, Seto is still working at his computer trying to locate the duel arena that could be using his Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Computer: No Blue-Eyes White Dragon there.

Seto: Next field.

The computer screen shows a virtual hallway that had the lists of doors as the final one is shown.

Computer: We've exhausted almost every possibility of locating your deck. Field 146 is the final active duel.

Seto: Then it's gotta be there. Search Field 146.

Computer: You got it. Downloading duel data.

After a quick hack, the door opened as Seto watched as the data was being compiled.

Computer: You were right. Blue-Eyes White Dragon is in this duel. Wait a moment... it says here that Amikou's dueling as well.

Seto: Amikou?! Can you show it to me on screen?

Computer: My pleasure. I think the part you'll find most interesting is the name of Amikou's opponent.

Seto does as the computer says and looks at the screen where his eyes widen with shock upon seeing the name of the opponent his sister was facing.

Seto: What?! Is this your idea of a joke?

Computer: I never joke. Sensors indicate that the opponent opposite Amikou is registered as Seto Kaiba and he's using your deck.

Seto: So I was right... Pegasus must've taken my deck.

Computer: The duelist using your deck is leading by 300LP and has his second Blue-Eyes White Dragon on the field.
Amikou defeated the first one by using Spellbinding Circle and baiting the Dragon to attack. She currently has Swords of Revealing Light in play, two monsters in defense mode and no cards in her hand. She prevented the imposter from attacking and it's her move.

Seto stands up from his seat as he looks at the screen thinking of the situation.

Seto: But she has no other cards in her deck strong enough that can beat the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, let alone two of them.

Computer: Well, then I hope you have a plan.

Seto: Yes, but we've got to work fast. She may be safe for now, but sooner or later her monsters will run out and she'll be left with nothing. Amikou'll lose on the next attack from the Blue-Eyes White Dragon unless we can decrease its power from here.

Computer: Can we do that?

Seto quickly sits down and starts typing on the keyboard as the system was working to get the next stage of the plan rolling.

Seto: Oh, yeah. Get ready to upload a virus into that monster's holo computer.
That dragon is about to get sick, real sick. Hang in there in the meantime, Amikou....
_________________________________________

Back to the duel, Amikou was just about to start her next turn as she began to evaluate the field.

Amikou: 'Okay... It's a lot closer than I thought it would be. Dueling against Seto's deck is a separate challenge all by itself. I need something strong to destroy his monsters and be cautious about his third Blue-Eyes.'

Her eyes slowly shift over to her deck as she needs to draw her next card, but before she could Ghost Seto started to cackle in a maniacal laughter which gained Amikou, Mokuba and the group's attention.

Ghost Seto: Hahahaha!!! You must be really foolish if you think you can beat me. All of your monsters are weak against my Blue-Eyes, and you only managed to defeat one with a very lucky combo. There are only three Blue-Eyes White Dragon cards in the world, and they're all in my deck. Yugi's grandpa had the fourth, but I ripped it up. There's no way you can beat me with all those pathetic cards, dear sister.

Amikou narrowed her eyes at the Ghost as she clenched her fist instead of drawing her next card. The group saw her distressed state as they all called out to her.

Tea: Don't give up, Ami!

Amikou: Huh?

Joey: Yeah, you gotta win to save Mokuba, remember? Ya can't lose ta dis freak!

Tristan: You got this!

Yami: Trust in your cards, do that and you can overcome this obstacle!

Everyone aside from Jason all spoke up as the gray-haired boy simply stood in place as Amikou looks at him, he slightly smiled as if he was talking to her in her mind. She nodded as she reached for her deck as Amikou started her turn with a draw.

Amikou: My move!

After drawing her card and looking at it, her eyes widened upon seeing it. Ghost Seto smirked as he witnessed her face change.

Ghost Seto: Heh, not the card you wanted? Shame. This duel is over, sister.
I'm sure we'll be hearing the fat lady sing right after your turn.

Amikou: Then I guess I'll have to make this count! I summon.............................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Amikou: ....The Blue-Eyes White Dragon!!!!

Everyone is shocked upon hearing that name as Amikou plays the great dragon onto the field as it roars loudly upon landing.

The group all watched as they witnessed Amikou summon an impossible monster.

Tristan: Am I seeing things? Or does Ami have the same Dragon on her field?

Joey: I don't believe it... I thought dere were only three?

Yami: It's impossible! The fourth was destroyed by the real Kaiba, so how?

Kemo: N-no way....

Kemo and Mokuba were just as shocked as well as Pegasus as this news intrigued his interest from his castle as he watched the duel.
_________________________________________

Seto witnessed the event from his computer as he stood up, amazed and confused by the move.

Seto: Blue-Eyes?! But how? I ripped the fourth and final one in half, how does she have a copy of the card?!

Computer: Well maybe something happened? Anyway, the virus is ready to launch.

Seto: Hold it....

Seto sat down in his chair again as he thought for a moment before leaning back into his chair and crossed his arms.

Seto: Let's not use the virus right now... I want to see how this plays out.

Computer: Really? Oh, well. I'll have it on standby.

The eldest brother looked at the stats as he was interested in seeing Amikou duel with a card that he himself was the master of.
_________________________________________

Amikou looks at the dragon on her side of the field with a smile as the great dragon appeared to have turned it's head and looked back. Her eyes widened seeing this as she rubbed her eyes to look back at the Blue-Eyes White Dragon as it was standing normally. Meanwhile Ghost Seto was fuming as he yelled out to Amikou.

Ghost Seto: Grrrrr.... HOW?! How do you have a Blue-Eyes White Dragon?! My deck is the only one to hold the three Blue-Eyes White Dragons and the fourth was destroyed! How is this possible?!

Jason: Heh, I wonder how indeed.

Group: Huh?

The group all looked over at Jason who was standing with his arms crossed as a smile grew along his face. He then looked up and gave Amikou a thumbs-up.

Jason: Told you it'll give you an edge!

Amikou: Yeah, I guess you did.

Jason and Amikou smile at each other while the others were confused by the fact of Jason knowing about the Blue-Eyes.

Yami: Jason, how did you know about the Blue-Eyes?

Jason: Simple, I'm the one who gave it to her.

Joey: But... Only Yugi's grandpa had dat card...

Jason smiled as he began to explain how he got the Blue-Eyes White Dragon card.

*Flashback starts*

Back at the Game Shop, Solomon Muto is seen trying to find something behind his counter as Jason stands next to him.

Jason: Sir, I don't mean to sound rude, but what is this about? What did you want to give me?

Solomon grabs the item in question as he happily hands it to the boy.

Solomon: "This" is what. Have a look.

Jason is confused by the old man's behavior as he looks at the boxed item as he opens it to reveal the fourth Blue-Eyes White Dragon card. Jason's eyes widened upon seeing the card as he begun to stammer on his words.

Jason: B-b-but, sir.... H-how?!

Solomon: I knew that Kaiba boy wouldn't give up until I gave him my Blue-Eyes, so I pulled a little bait and switch if you will... I made a duplicate of the card, I knew that it would be used as a bargaining chip so I had to be smart. Him winning the card wasn't expected but it worked out, although I wasn't expecting him to destroy it so casually.

Jason: And you kept the real one hidden... He had destroyed the fake, while you still have the prize. Clever move, old man.

Solomon laughs proudly as he rubbed the back of his head.

Solomon: Ho ho! Well, I was just in the moment and I thought it would work out. But...

Solomon grabbed Jason by the front of his uniform and brought him in close to be eye-to-eye with the student.

Solomon: I want you to hang onto it for me until a later date. I don't believe Kaiba will try this stunt again, but I can't risk seeing my treasure be destroyed. Can you do that for me, son?

Jason: Sir....

Jason looked at the card once more as he smiled at the Game Shop owner.

Jason: You have my word.

Solomon smiled back as the two shared a laugh as the scene ended.

*Flashback ends*

Jason: Mr. Muto gave me the real Blue-Eyes White Dragon card, and now Amikou's gonna use it to take this creep down.

The others were amazed by how Solomon managed to trick Kaiba with a fake card, while Yami simply smiled as he knew that his grandfather would do that.

Joey: Woah, that is really cool!

Tea: So Amikou has a chance now!

Amikou smiled as she stared at the Ghost who was pretending to be her brother, the Blue-Eyes White Dragon roared again as it's mouth began to light up.

Amikou: I think it's time we got this party started! Go Blue-Eyes, destroy his Ryu-Kishin Powered with White Lightning!!!

The Dragon created a blast from its mouth as it quickly slammed into the monster, destroying it on impact as Ghost Seto covered his face from the glare as his life points declined even more.

<Amikou> 600LP
<Ghost Seto> 900-600/ 300LP

Ghost Seto shutters as sweat begins to drip from his face as he glares at the new dragon.

Amikou: How'd you like that? Cause next turn, I'm taking you down!

Ghost Seto grits his teeth as he draws his next card as he smiled wickedly before starting his turn.

Ghost Seto: Well played, but not good enough! I play another Defense Paralysis! Which will switch your monsters out of defense mode!

Aqua Madoor and Spirit of the Harp both switch to attack mode with both of them resting at 1200ATK & 800ATK, everyone starts to get worried as the Ghost plays his next card.

Ghost Seto: Then I play, Remove Spell! This little one destroys your Swords of Revealing Light making me able to attack this turn! Hahahahaha!!!! I've already won! Now Blue-Eyes White Dragon, attack her pathetic monster and take her remaining life points!

The Dragon began to charge up it's attack as Amikou stared at the beast before flipping over her last face-down.

Amikou: Nice try.... But not good enough! You activated my trap, Dimensional Prison!!!

Ghost Seto: What!?

Amikou: Dimensional Prison. When your monster declares an attack, I can negate the attack entirely and then remove your dragon from play! You fell right into my trap and now your field is all empty!

The attack stopped at it immediately redirected back and removed the second Blue-Eyes White Dragon from the field, the group all cheered while Ghost Seto looked on with shock as he fell into another trap and lost another Dragon.

Ghost Seto: N-no... It can't be...! Why? Why me?!

The ghost then held the sides of his head as he growled loudly with frustration as Amikou seemed to show more determination and pride in her eyes as she dueled. Joey smiled as he watched her pull off an amazing turn, Yami and Jason both were proud by how Amikou was doing in the duel, and Mokuba was cheering on as his big sister was winning the battle.

Mokuba: Yeah, way to go!!

Amikou: I'm about ready to end this duel, so what do you say you cut the act and the false face! You aren't my brother and I know for a fact that he's alive! I can feel it right here!

She placed her hand on her heart as she stood proudly as the Ghost was still freaking out.

Ghost Seto: I told you, I am Seto Kaiba.
Ha ha ha ha ha! Or at least I'm part of him... The darkest part.

Suddenly Seto's image started to change as his body began to alter, growing more grotesque as he snickered in a creepy tone.

Ghoul: Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Ahh.

Group: Huh!

Ghoul: Ah hee hee ha ha ha ha! I can see you don't recognize me. I wasn't lying when I told you I was Seto Kaiba... The evil part of him that Yugi sent to the shadow realm after my last duel with Jason! Now I'm back, thanks to Pegasus! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Mokuba: You're not a part of my brother anymore!

Tea shudders as she and the others look at the duelist with complete and utter disgust.

Tea: Ooh, it's hideous.

Joey: I always thought that this duel just might turn ugly, but I never thought
that ugly.

Mokuba: Hey, ugly, if I were you, I'd start worrying about what my big brother's gonna do to you when he finally catches up to you!

Amikou smiled and giggled at her little brother's smack talk to the imposter, she returned her gaze over to the duelist as she smirked.

Amikou: Guess I just don't know what to call you now. I was thinking about monster, but I didn't want to insult the cards.

Ghoul: Hmm. It's your move dear.

Amikou draws her next card as she sees it and thinks of a plan as she continues her play.

Amikou: I switch my two monsters back to defense mode, then I end my turn!

Amikou: 'He's got a whole deck to go through and only one Blue-Eyes White Dragon left.'

Ghoul: Hmm, that won't help you much I'm afraid.... Hehe, cause I just drew the third Blue-Eyes!

Amikou's eyes widened as he managed to draw the next dragon right from the start. She narrowed her eyes as she readied herself for anything while the newest Blue-Eyes enters the field.

Amikou: 'You've got to be screwing with me...'

Ghoul: Now, destroy her Madoor!

The dragon blasted out an attack directly at Aqua Madoor, destroying the creature but didn't touch any life points.

Ghoul: Hehe... Your next move my dear, hope you can make it count!

Amikou listened to him cackle as she drew her next card as she saw her hand with an intrigued look on her face. The Ghoul still laughed as he waited for Amikou's last move.

Ghoul: Well? I'm waiting. Don't tell me you don't have anything, that's just too bad!

Amikou: Actually I do have something, a magic card called "Leeching the Light!"

A shining light appears on the Blue-Eyes on the Ghoul's side of the field a he begins to panic.

Ghoul: W-what is that?!

Amikou: Leeching the Light is a magic card that can target one face-up light attribute monster you control. Then all my attack position monsters I control gain the attack equal to that targeted monster! Which means... Your final dragon....

Amikou: Is about 3000ATK weaker than mine!!!

-Amikou's Blue-Eyes White Dragon: 3000+3000 = 6000ATK-

Everyone cheered as the Ghoul began to panic uncontrollably, sweating like crazy as he tries to reason with her.

Ghoul: W-w-w-wait! No, don't!! YOU CAN'T!!!!!

Amikou: Trust me, I can.... And will! Go Blue-Eyes White Dragon, attack with White Lightning!!!

The dragon hits the other as it destroyed it, reducing the Ghoul's life points to zero right away.

<Amikou> 600LP *Winner*
<Ghost Seto/Ghoul> 300-300/ 0LP *Lose*

Joey/Tristan: Yeah, she did it!!!

Tea: Way to go!

Yami and Jason smile as the duel had been won as the Ghoul shakes in fear.
_________________________________________

Seto is still watching from the computer as he smiled seeing the outcome of the duel, proud of his little sister.

Seto: Heh, way to go, Sis. You did good.

Suddenly the door behind him starts to beep as it indicates that somethings happening outside of the other room. Narrowing his eyes he shuts off the computer entirely as he leaves through another secret exit as a bunch of Pegasus's goons break into the room to find it empty.

The goons searched the room as they saw no sign of Seto anywhere. The first goon placed his finger to his ear as he spoke into his communicator.

Goon1: Sir, he got away.

Back at the castle, Pegasus had watched the duel intrigued as Croquet speaks through his earpiece.

Croquet: Search the grounds. Everywhere.

Pegasus: Hmm. It appears that young miss Amikou had the help of a card that dear young Talbott gave her, and the real Seto Kaiba had come to her rescue. I must admit that this little development is one twist that even I did not foresee.

He smiled as Croquet leaned over and told Pegasus the news.

Croquet: I have some bad news, sir. The real Kaiba has eluded us once again.
You were right. He was using a terminal
in the Kaiba Mansion to access the industrial illusions mainframe. If I thought he was alive, I would have beefed up security.

Pegasus: That's two escapes, Croquet.
Must I lock you away again? Get me Kemo on the radio.
_________________________________________

The duel had ended as the Ghoul was still shaking with fear after losing the duel against Amikou, an eye started to glow on Yami's forehead as he raised his arm out to the shadow of Seto's former life.

Yami: Pegasus may have helped you escape the shadow realm once before,
but it won't happen again. Never again!

Ghoul: Aah!

The Ghoul was covered with a heavy bright light as Amikou is seen standing back on the ground, uncovering her eyes as she suddenly saw that her glove had three more star chips added onto it. Meanwhile Yami uses his millennium power to relay a message to Pegasus.

"Yami: Pegasus, I sense that you're watching. Consider this a warning."

"Yami: Nothing you send against me will stop me. And when we finally duel, believe me, victory will be mine. I'll win back my grandfather's soul, And you will pay for all the people you've hurt in the name of your sick little game..... I'm coming for you, Pegasus!"

In the Castle, Pegasus hears the message clear as day as the glass in his hand breaks from the pressure of Yami's message as red liquid from Pegasus's drink drips off from his hand.

Pegasus: Yugi, you developed your shadow powers quite a bit in such a short time.

Pegasus's eye narrowed as he accepts Yugi's challenge.

Pegasus: But when we finally duel, believe me, your millennium puzzle will be mine. Ha ha ha ha!
_________________________________________

Back at the Duel Stadium, Amikou heads back over to the group as she holds the card out for Jason. He smiled as he took the card back before placing it with the rest of his cards. Yami had went up to the red side of the arena as he grabs Seto's deck from the board as he looks at it before looking down at Amikou with a smile.

Joey: Hey, Ami! Way ta go!

Joey ran up and hugged her tight which caught Amikou off guard as she didn't move until Joey put her down.

Joey: That ghost is toast! Ya did great!

Tristan: I knew that the real Seto Kaiba was alive the whole time.

Tea: Huh?

Tea looked around worried as she just realized something, Jason noticed this as he asked her with concern.

Jason: What is it?

Tea: That creep... took Mokuba!

The group all soon realized that she was right as Amikou darted her head around to see her little brother was nowhere to be seen as tears began to pour down her face as she yelled out.

Amikou: Mokuba! MOKUBA!!!!

Téa: I can't believe it.

Yami: Mokuba! He's gone... Taken by Pegasus again.

Joey: Oh no...

Amikou was still crying as she called out to Mokuba with pain in her throat as she continued to scream.

Amikou: Mokuba! M-mokuba!!!... Please.... Not again, n-no....

She fell to her knees as Amikou sobbed as she held her arms tight infront of her chest as the others still tried to call out to Mokuba.

[Star chips Tracker]

Amikou: 7
Jason: 4
Joey: 2
Yugi: 4
_________________________________________

(Hello readers and thank you for reading. The duel between Amikou and Ghost Seto is complete and we now know what the card Jason gave to Amikou last episode. I wanted to change things up and I thought that that would be a good twist for the story. I hope to get more of this series done, but the chapters take a while to write so it's not really something I can do back to back. I do plan on keeping it updated but it won't be as frequent.)

-Until next time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 178 5
Seto Kaiba and Yami Yugi have an intimate moment during a Dueling rematch where they show each other a side none haven't seen leaving the small Dueli...
21.1K 535 17
After 5,000 years, the Pharaoh's Queen is reborn. On a trip to Egypt, Calixta stumbles upon the Millennium maiden ring. She manages to restore her me...
35.6K 1.6K 72
You were a simple reporter for duelists of Heartland City with this constant weird dream throughout all your life but that all changes when you are t...
28.9K 884 30
I do not own any of the characters used in this story! All rights go to the creators of Yu-Gi-Oh! I also do not own the cover of this story. Link to...