ѕσ, уσυ ωαηт тσ ρℓαу ωιтн мαg...

By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N is a college teen who stumbled upon a certain TrollHunters adventure while she was kept in the dark. It a... More

How it began
The New Trollhunter
A duty to hold
An unhappy welcome
A small gift
Deep in the history books and self doubts
A hangout and a long week of problems coming...
A tiny problem
Goblin Infestation
To catch a... Wizard? And a Changeling!
Adventures in Trollsitting
A crazy 16th birthday
Let's play with some magic
Secrets out
The Battle of Two Bridges
A new girl on the team
A Little bit of a Magic Trick
A Team Build Up
First Trollhunter Quest
Blinky's Day Out
The Shattered King
A nightmare
Take care of you
Bowling
Wingmen
A Night to Remember
A lot to hold on
Against the law
Magic Bridge Heist
Worry
Welcome to the Darklands
A lot of conflictions
Picnic Date
Spring Break
Welcome to the Rock Show
The Fall of Trollmarket
A Night Patrol
Secrets reveal and a wanted man
Bad Coffee
Bug Infestation
Timing is Everything and a mix of D'aja Vu
A Date Night and a 1000-year old Sorceress
Magical K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Welcome to History
In this together
The Eternal Knight
A New Adventure Beginning Anew
Dogfight Days of Summer

Win, Lose or Draal

222 8 1
By ChaeRinYoo3

It was around midday, still dark out, and Y/N was suddenly awake. As if something told her to get up. Grabbing her bag,  quickly fixing her injury, and leaving a note for Douxie, just in case, and left the house, she arrived at trollmarket, and went off to find Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!!

When she found them sitting at the bar whispering amongst themselves. "Huh? Jim? Toby? What are you two doing here?" Walking towards them and stood by the table. And Jim slowly started to explain but Blinky beat him to it, "Well, Master Jim and Tobias had found...", Blinky looked around and pulled her arm, gently, and whispered in her ear. "... The Killahead Bridge."

Y/N's eyes widened and looked at the two boys, "What? That's impossible... But then again having a human Trollhunter was impossible anyways can you show me it's the Bridge?," Blinky handed her Tobys' phone, she squinted her eyes but the picture was blurry, but there was some kind of replica of a bridge but only half of it was there. And another thing she noticed was the background was something from a museum. She looked at the boys, who looked nervous, so she decided to ask, "But, where'd you get this from, and how'd you find it?"

The two boys glanced at each other and started mumbling before Jim spoke, "Well, when we were getting chased, one of the goblins took Tobys' Chubby Tracker and we tracked it through Toby's phone and we found out where the goblins were hiding. But there's another thing you have to know."

Then Toby joined in, "And then we got arrested and made a criminal record for ourselves." Jim glared at his best friend and he chuckled and went back to his place and looked away. Y/N, Blinky, and Aaarrrgghh!!! looked at each other and she sighed pinching her nose. "Okay anyways back to the topic at hand. Jim, you were saying?"

It seems Jim finished talking with Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! before she came. Y/N placed her hands on the table leaning in to hear what other news Jim had brought. Blinky peeked in and whispered to her, "Master Jim has found a changeling." Y/N whipped her head to Jim with wide eyes, "And has fought against her. That's when they discovered the Killahead Bridge."

Y/N removed her hands from the table and crossed her arms into a thinking position. "'Her'..., do you mean, Miss Nomura?" Jim and Toby nodded, "I was about to tell the history since changelings haven't been talked about in quite some time." A troll walked up behind him and Blinky turned to the troll behind him and glared at him, "Do you mind?"

The troll rolled his eyes, "Whatever." and walked off and the group went back to the conversation. "In the Old World, Gumm-Gumms..." Blinky stopped again as the same troll stood on the side but by Aaarrrgghh!!!s' side. Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! glared at him with a threat but Y/N eased them down and turned to the troll, "Schmidt, could you please leave this is private."

The troll yet rolled his eyes again, "Fine." and then he walked off. Blinky went back to the story, "... stole our young and did something unnatural to change them. Their sole purpose: to spy on the world above.

Toby was intrigued. "What did they do to them?" Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! grimaced, "Nasty business. Very messy." Aaarrrgghh!!! looked down with sympathy making Y/N walk over to his side and patted his arm.

Blinky waved Jim over, knocking a cup off in the process but caught it with his other hand and set it back on the table before leading Jim away, the rest following behind them slowly. "These are the very reasons I doubt your certainty. I don't question you saw a bridge, but Killahead? It would take years to collect all of the stones. Decades, even. You would need an army of changelings."

Jim still spoke his truth, "I know what I saw." The two walked up the stairs as Blinky pressed matters to this topic, "These are serious accusations, Master Jim. Without proof, absolute bedlam will ensue." Toby and Y/N poked around the corner, Blinky walked away as they climbed up the staircase, "Well, we have to tell someone. This is our city too."

"Who? Our court-appointed psychiatrist? They're never going to believe us." Jim added, looking a bit defeated. Y/N placed her hand on his shoulder and opened her mouth to speak but before she could talk, a large blue troll, Draal appeared.

"Well, if it isn't the piece of flesh I'll pound into pancakes tomorrow. I look forward to your pain and I'll drink to your death." Draal smirked with some ego in his voice. Y/N jogged over to him and stood between them. "Draal..." She spoke in a warning voice.

Jim turned to Blinky with surprise laced in his voice. "Death? What is he talking about? I thought this was only a rematch." He pointed at Draal as if he was talking crazy. Blinky explained to the young boy, "To challenge a troll's honor can only end in ruin. It's all right there in chapter three of A Brief Recap--" but Blinky paused himself and looked at Jim with a frown. "You still haven't read the book." Y/N stood next to Jim and raised a questioning brow, "Well, it's in troll language anyways so I would understand why he didn't read it."

But, Jim couldn't care less about that now, "Now, hold on. This fight, I don't know, maybe we can, um... postpone it?"Jim said, even though he hadn't much hope that he'd get a positive answer. Draal only gave the group a smug look. "Postpone, you say? What a trainer! Does everyone in your company forget how to fight?" He laughed at Jim's words and glanced at Aaarrrgghh!!! who growled at him.

Y/N stepped toward him with a disappointed look and placed her hands on her hips, "Draal, that's enough. Don't take this too far." Draal only huffed. Jim butt in their mini argument and didn't bother paying attention to it. "There are things that have been brought to our attention. Things that have serious implications."

Blinky frantically waved his hands, "No, no, no, Master Jim! Shh!" Of course, Blinky can't have the whole market in chaos if they hear that the Killahead Bridge was being rebuilt. Y/N could only fear for the worst but hope for the best. Draal didn't bother questioning their suspicious actions anyway.

"By Kanjigar's honor, I would have made your death swift and painless, but, for that act of cowardice, I will show you no mercy when I take back what's rightfully mine. Bid farewell to your loved ones, Jim 'the Dead Meat.'" Draal walked away as the three teenagers looked at Draal walking figure away. Jim to process the information as Toby gave a comforting hand.

"I'm going to die tomorrow." The two sighed and Y/N stood behind them and wrapped her hands around their shoulders and pulled them in for a comforting hug. "I believe you will do great tomorrow." Y/N sends a smile to Jim, showing that she believes in him and Jim sends one back.

Y/N turned to the others, "Right, guys?" The other three nodded. Jim chuckled, "Thanks, guys. But, we should be getting back before my mom finds out I snuck out." Y/N nodded and offered to take them back home but Jim didn't want Y/N in trouble too. She left it at that and all went home, hoping for the best tomorrow.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Are you sure you don't need me to come with you?" Douxie has been insisting on coming with Y/N since she told him about the 'fight' with her friend. "Yeah, no worries. I'll be fine. Besides I believe in my friend."

She hugged Douxie and patted his back in comfort when hugged her back. They took a step back and Y/N left the house. To see the fight.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Murmurs were going around in trollmarket as they gathered around the audience seat to get a good view of the fight. As Vendel started the announcement of the battle between Jim and Draal.

Down below Y/N stood next to the two boys with Aaarrrgghh!!! standing behind them. They both looked nervous and nonetheless scared. Jim looked at his two friends and handed them the letters. "Hey, guys, I... I want you to have these." They both took the letter and looked at Jim with a questioning look. "What's this?" Toby looked at Jim.

Jim shrugged with a quiet voice, almost a whisper with a hint of sadness in it, "It says everything I want to say." Y/N frowned as Toby and Jim spoke, hopefully, not their last conversation about taco payment. Y/N smoothed the letter with her thumb. She looked up to see Jim and Toby look at her with a frown. She only gave them a tiny smile and stuffed the letter in her pocket and ruffled Jim's hair.

"I won't open the letter, Jim. Because like I said, yesterday. I believe in you." Jim smiled a little and Toby jumped in, "Same here, Jimbo. You're going to get this letter back unopened after the fight, and when you get back, we'll get tacos. Especially with Y/N." Y/N smiled as Toby stretched his arm out towards her.

Jim chuckled, "Tacos sounds good." Then the appearance announcement began, jump-scaring the younglings. "Oh, boy..." Y/N muttered.

"Draal, son of Kanjigar, son of Tarigar, Draal 'the Destroyer,' come forth." After the first announcement, Draal rolled onto the arena, Draal let out a roar and the crowd of trolls cheered. Y/N shook her head and crossed her arms. Toby looked at the girl and back at the blue troll.

Jim certainly was nervous now, but Aaarrrgghh!!! gave him a comforting hand on his shoulder, Jim smiled gratefully at the giant troll and placed a hand on his hand. Then Blinky appeared out of nowhere. "It's time to put everything I've ever said to you to practice. With a little luck, he'll trip and fall. Now, tell me: rule one."

"Always be afraid."

"Rule two."

"Always finish a fight."

"And rule three?"

Blinky listed the top three rules to Jim as he remembered but instead of the 'kick the gronk-nuts', Jim answered differently. "About that. I was reading, when the Venerable Bedehilde fought the Hydrabeast, there were no Gronk-nuks, but there was a weakness under its scales." Blinky eyes widen with glee, "You read the book?" He asked quickly and looked at Aaarrrgghh!!!

"So, it got me thinking. Does Draal have a weakness?", Jim asked but was interrupted when Blinky hugged Jim tightly before lifting him off the ground. "He read the book. He read the book!", and Aaarrrgghh!!! only thought about eating them, "Books tasty." Y/N placed a hand on his arm, gesturing for him to put Jim down. "We got that, Blinky, now put Jim down he's about to go soon."

They then heard Vendel announce Jim's appearance. "And now, Draal's combatant, James Lake Jr., son of..." Vendel paused trying to remember the name of his mom until the troll beside him whispered in his ear. "'Ba-bu-rah.'" Jim cringed and Y/N only placed her hand on his face, well, I guess some trolls can't spell human names that well.

"Come forth, human Trollhunter." The gates opened and the crowd booes, two troll guards stood side by side by Jim as they walked into the area. The four friends watched their Trollhunter walk away. Blinky shouted out to Jim with extra encouragement. "Fight from your heart, Master Jim. It's strong, stronger than any rock."

The gate closed in a swift, locking them away from Jim. Blinky whispered something to himself Y/N caught a bit of it but didn't say a word.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Vendel announces the preparation of the battle. Draal smashed his fists into the ground with an imitating roar. Jim held up the amulet, not bothering to say the incantation out loud, yet, his armor and sword still appeared. "Here we go. I am doing this."

Begin!

The crowd let out a cheer as a guard simply hit a button, the floor let out a rumble before it lifted, startling Jim. The gears lifted the platform higher than the crowd while Jim watched below, no barriers to stop them from falling off. The gears roughly stopped before the platforms fell. Jim let out a yelp as he ran to another but before he could, the piece of rock he had run for, dropped as well. Draal let out a scream and jumped at the boy, easily but with panic running through his veins, Jim jumped onto the closest and lower platform.

The boy landed with a groan, quickly gathering himself before rolling to the side as Draal's fists which were meant for him, cracked the ground instead. Draal grabbed the boy's leg, throwing him in a circle before letting him fly into a wall.

Stumbling, Jim couldn't regain himself until he was about to drop down into nothing but gears and possibly death. His electric blue eyes caught Draal who celebrated to the crowd, the large troll connecting eyes with Jim before rolling down the wall, Jim barely missed him as he rolled past, Draal doing a lap around the arena and right back at Jim. Draal was laughing at his misery, and Y/N and her friends could only watch with dread and hope.

With quick thinking, Jim tosses his sword in the path of Draal, the metal embedding into the rock, stopping Draal's twist of doom. The blue smoke filled the area as Draal hit it, causing Jim to flinch back just in case. Draal blinked a couple of times and looked down at the sword with shock, the audience gasping at what occurred. The sword appeared back within Jim's hand as he gave a confident smile.

A troll in the crowd who had been sipping on a drink, spit out his drink in complete shock as Jim's gang watched with shock as well, Toby bouncing on his feet with happiness. Y/N clapped her hands with a large smile plastered on her face. "I never taught him that. Did you?" Blinky asked, watching with complete confusion, and pointed at Y/N. "Nope."

 "He's a natural!" Toby responded happily. He and Y/N cheered for Jim as the fight was getting heated.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Back on Jim, he swung his sword, now finally putting his fighting skills to use. He chucked his sword at the now angry Draal, yet, the large blue troll easily blocked it with his arm, the blade disintegrating. "And there goes that move." Disappointed that move didn't go as planned.

Now finding his opponent disarmed, Draal roars before beginning to roll once more and Jim starts running immediately. "Ten whole seconds! He's not dead! That's a fortuitous sign." His friends watch with concern and Jim passes their corner, screaming as Draal chases him.

Aaarrrgghh!!!, "Don't jinx." Y/N and Toby were too busy focused on Jim's running form. Jim ran as Draal rolled on the wall and ahead of him. The troll stopped his roll, running at the TrollHunter with a raised fist as he jumped in the air, Jim protecting his head with his arms. As Draal's fist collided with Jim, the boy was pushed to the ground, his body covered in blue smoke that poured from his armor. The crowd cheered as Vendel watched with utter shock while Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! cringed at the sight.

"Jim!", Toby and Y/N cried out Jim's name. "Look away! We will not remember him like this." Blinky covered his eyes, Aaarrrgghh!!! already covering his own and Toby's. Y/N turned to them placing her hands on her hips. "Really? Can you guys at least have some faith? He's not dead yet!"

The blue orbit absorbed, showing Jim who laid helplessly on the cracked pavement, Draal took hold of Jim's leg once again and tossed him into the air. He punched Jim in the stomach, the force pushing Jim higher into the air before falling back down to Draal.

Another fist sent Jim twisting through the air and landing painfully on the higher platform. Draal caught a ride on one as Jim stood shakily, holding his stomach as each platform flipped. Jim screamed as his was the last to flip, tightly holding onto the ledge. Draal gave another fist to the air and smugly headed to Jim who tried to pull himself up but was growing weaker, his muscles burning.

Jim's friends could only hear his screams, and still kept their eyes closed, but Y/N kept watching to see this to the end.

Draal laughed before stepping on the Trollhunter's fingers, Jim falling with yet another scream which was music to Draal's ears. Jim landed on his stomach after flipping off the side of the platform, his breath taken from him.

Toby and the other now had their eyes opened and uncovered watching with horror on his face. "He's getting killed! Do something!" As Toby ran past the teeth of the gate, a hand grabbed him and pulled him back, the arm belonging to Aaarrrgghh!!!. Toby wiggled around frantically, "Forget being a pacifist! Save Jim!"

"He cannot. This is Jim's fight." Blinky could only give Toby those words. Y/N motioned Aaarrrgghh!!! to put Toby down as the chubby looked at his best friend. Y/N frowned and hugged Toby. Toby could only hug her back and moved away from her before pulling out the letter. The letter taunting him to open it. Y/N looked up back at the fight watching as Jim couldn't even push himself up. The battle maze had fallen, turning into a smooth arena, no lifting rocks to separate them. Draal advanced on Jim with a chuckle, the boy glaring as he looked back and twisting his body.

The Jim glared at the blue troll, "Rule number three." Jim sent his foot towards Draal's private area, causing the larger troll to groan in pain as he screamed, the crowd gasping and wincing at the familiar feeling. Y/N and her group of friends cringed, despite Y/N being a girl, she could understand a bit. Draal dropped to the floor in pain but quickly gathered himself but finding no Jim around him.

A pair of metal feet appeared in the large gap between Draal's thighs, as Draal twisted and turned in search of his enemy. Jim still holding his stomach, limped but quickly to stay behind him. Blinky was practically beaming with joy as he shook Toby and Y/N by their shoulders. "By Deya's grace, he found it!"

Aaarrrgghh!!! was confused, "Found what?" Blinky pointed to the scene before them, "His weakness! Draal's blind spot!" Y/N smirked and crossed her arms, I told you he could do it."

Jim backed up, still maintaining to stay behind the vast body. Draal yelled in frustration, a creaking noise alerted Jim to find a large ax appearing from a slit in the wall, swinging forward then back into its hiding spot. "You cannot be the Trollhunter! You're a boy! - I am the son of Kanjigar!"

Jim managed to limp over to the opening, finally speaking and coming out of hiding. "And I am Jim, son of Barbara. And the amulet chose me!"

Draal roared as a familiar releasing noise met Jim's ears, his eyes popping open and dodging the large ax at the last minute. Draal's eyes grew in size as the sword knocked him from Jim, the moment replaying before his body was thrown over the edge, his fingers gripping onto the ledge, hoping not to die. Everyone gasps in shock.

Jim stood with a hard time, holding his now bruised stomach as he slowly hobbled to where Draal had been hanging. "Yes! He did it!", Toby cheered for the victory, but Y/N looked with worry. Draal may be an ego-headed troll, but he was still like family to her. Blinky calmed the jumping teenager "It's not over yet. He has to finish the fight."

Toby looked at the troll beside him his smile dropping quickly, "By 'finish the fight'... You mean..." Blinky nodded and looked towards Y/N her eyes never breaking from the fight, Toby looked back at the scene with a soft 'Oh no' escaping from his lips.

The crowd chanted, saying, "Finish the fight!' as Jim looked down at Draal, watching the troll grunt as he wasn't able to pull himself up. The sword of daylight appeared, Jim raised it and pointed it at Draal, his face being overrun by many emotions. Draal watched in shock and worry that his death was about to come. Jim yelled and brought the sword down, only to find the sword hadn't struck Draal at all. But the ground.

Draal looked up as the smoke died off Jim's sword, exhaling heavily as Jim held out his hand. "The fight is to the death." Draal pointed out. Jim kneeled down stretching his hand out, "House rules, not mine.", Draal stared at his hand, as Jim looked at him with a soft smile, "Come on, man. Don't make it weird."

Draal used his free hand to grab onto Jim's, the armor giving him the strength to pull Draal up, the crowd booing at the action. "You should have killed me." Jim looks at Draal, his gaze still on the ground, "But, Y/N wouldn't want that to happen. I know how close both of you are." Draal looks at him and then turned his gaze to Y/N, watching them with a small, relieved smile. "Make sure you talk to her later.

With that, Jim walked off and to the center of the arena. "Look, I may not have followed your rules, but neither did the amulet when it chose me." The crowd continues booing. "Right now, over our heads, changelings are in Arcadia." The crowd gasps. Vendel was even more shocked, "What is he talking about?" Blinky immediately ran over to Jim. "You'll need a Trollhunter who doesn't have to live in the shadows. This is a time to work together. They're building the Killahead--"

"Stop! Say no more! We must leave this instant!" Blinky pulled him from the view of the crowd as they boo, throwing random items at Draal as he exits as well, mostly in sadness and defeat. Y/N ran after him, after giving Jim a quick congrats. "They have a right to know." Jim tried to argue. Blinky argued back, not looking happy, 'And you have a right to listen! Ours is an ancient race. It will take time to win hearts and minds."

Jim turned to find them throwing garbage at Draal with Y/N in tow trying to talk to him softly ignoring the things that were being thrown his way. "Why are they treating him that way?" Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! looked pitiful. "You spared his life, but destroyed his honor. He will never be able to show his face in Trollmarket again."

Jim looked sadly at Draal before leaving, Vendel watching as he stroked his chin.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N and Draal stopped in front of his small cave, as he looked down. Y/N stayed silent, but stood by, waiting if Draal would talk. "I made a fool out of myself." Y/N looked at Draal but said nothing. Draal went quiet again, without looking, he asked her, "Did my ego go so far ahead, sister? Be honest."

Y/N looked at him, and nodded, "Yeah...", Draal hummed and still stared in a daze. "Now, I need to find someplace to cave in." Y/N looked at Draal, and suddenly spoke, "How about you stay at Jim's?" Draal looked at her as if she had changed into a mysterious creature. "Hey, I know you don't like Jim very well after he got the amulet when Kanjigar fell. Like Jim, said, the amulet didn't follow the rules and I think with your knowledge and training when you waited for the amulet. Perhaps you can teach Jim, and help him understand about trolls too."

Draal huffed but she continued, "Sure, there's Blinky, he could teach Jim in many ways, but we both know he can't be around Jim 24/7. Plus, there's his mom, Barbara. She doesn't know about this part of his life. And besides, Jim's still training to become a Trollhunter. If something were to happen, the world might be in chaos we could never imagine. Draal, you're an amazing troll, you may have waited for that amulet to come and hoped, and it may have never come you're still strong in your own ways, amulet or not."

Draal stayed silent and stood up he faced Y/N and the two stared down, and he nodded. "I'll go to the fleshbags home and protect him and his mother... Ba-bu-rah." Y/N chuckled at the pronouncing of her name and nodded. "Good, let's go. I can take you there, but it's still daylight, so let's wait for a while. Draal nodded and the two sat and stayed talking.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Night fell, the two friends walked to Jim's house, and suddenly there were crashes and yelling in the house, "He's in trouble!", Draal didn't waste time and went after the noise.

Inside the house, Jim watched as the handle to his bathroom door shook as she tried to reach the boy. Nomura was in his house, in human form, put his mom to sleep and both started a full-on brawl in the house and right now, Jim has himself trapped in his bathroom.

Jim watched the shaking knob with his sword raised as he slowly paced backward. Suddenly, the trembling had concluded, not even a breath was taken from the other side of the door. The young Trollhunter waited, trying to figure the situation out. Without warning, the door bursts open, Jim's body falling back against the wall as fighting occurred, his form wincing visibly as each grunt echoed in her ears.

The bathroom door opened to reveal, Y/N, scaring Jim and pointed his sword at her. "Woah, there solider!" Jim's eyes widened in surprise, "Y/N?!" Before she could speak they heard a battle roar outside his house. Jim and Y/N ran to the window, showing the street. The two peeked their heads through finding Draal and Nomura battling against one another.

Draal threw a punch but with ease, Nomura escapes, jumping onto the roof as Jim gasps at the sight. Draal followed Nomura to the top of the house while Jim had pulled himself farther out to find them already halfway to the backyard. "Come on!" Y/N grabbed his wrist and both ran downstairs. In each window was a vire of Draal using his signature roll as Nomura's swords scraped against him, sparks flying.

They stopped in the backyard of the Lake's house and stared another one down. The Trollhunter pushed open the door, letting Nomura easily find him. Her quick feet moved her closer to the boy, Y/N stepped in front of him out of pure instinct, but a vast blue body blocked her from landing a hand on them. With the force of his arm, Draal tossed her back farther from Jim.

"What are you doing here?", Nomora yelled at the troll, annoyed he interrupted her kill. "Delivering you pain again, Nomura. Do not touch the Trollhunter." Draal said threateningly. Nomura almost laughed as she sarcastically replied, "Suddenly you're honorable? Sorry to hear about daddy. Bular always liked the way he screamed."

The tip of her sword tapped against her chin, smiling as her words dug into Draal's tough skin. With anger, he let out a fierce war cry, aiming quick punches at Nomura who leaped back from each blow.

She kicked at her sword, and the sharp weapon pounded on his head, barely making an impact. With struggle, Nomura couldn't keep still as Draal continued to push her towards the fence. The Changeling leaped onto the slim surface and jumped over his tall body, slicing his arm with her sword, his scream piercing the quiet night.

Now it was her turn to swing randomly, his arms becoming a shield as her swords had hit him. Sick and tired of not ending the fight, Draal's hands grabbed each sword, pulling them apart to reveal the shocked face of Nomura.

With one more roar, he swung her body to each side, her stone skin smacking against the hard surface of the dirt before tossing her far from Jim's house, a clear sign that Draal had won the battle. Y/N slightly laughed at the sight. "Impure." He spat before looking at a flabbergasted Jim and a proud Y/N. "You were right."

Jim, still conflicted, carefully asked, "So, you're not here to kill me?" Draal walked towards them and slightly bowed. "Not kill. Protect."

Jim's eyes grew before his face dropped, the armor disappearing, falling in the hold of the amulet as it rolled from his reach. Draal picked up the metal and looked at the human that stood in front of him, Jim watching with confusion as Draal held out his hand. "Take it. Don't make it weird." Y/N smiled at this interaction, Draal copying Jim's words from earlier.

Jim smiled and gently grabbed it as Draal entered the house, speaking. "You going to be okay?" Draal looked around, "I am. But, are you?", Y/N looked over to see Barbara passed out, she walked over and grabbed her glasses took them off, and left them on the table.

After sniffing the foul scent of tea, Draal flicked the cup off the table and inspected part of the house. Y/N raised her brow and shook her head. "Your battles won't always be waged in arenas. You won't have time to prepare, to study your opponent for weaknesses as you did me. You are the Trollhunter. It is time to start being afraid."

Jim stood shyly beside the door frame as Draal stood across from him, letting out a sigh. "Since I cannot go back to Trollmarket, I will guard your home. It was Y/N's suggestion tho." Draal added, looking around the house. "I... I don't think my mother would be down with that."

Draal walked off as Jim and Y/N followed him down in the basement, Draal was seen on the other side of a lit fire, pulling out coal and tossing it into his mouth. "This is nice." He pulled out more burning rocks and scattered them onto the floor. "Here I shall protect you and your fleshbag mother, Bar-bu-rah."

Y/N giggled and Jim shrugged his shoulders and looked away with a smile. "Mmm... close enough." Draal moved some of the burning coals, "Your mother will awaken soon. I protect. I do not clean." Jim then started to head up, Y/N already moving, "Right. Yep. I'll get right on that."

Jim headed back up the stairs and grabbed a broom on his way. Yet, he stopped as Draal continued. "Fleshbag... Maybe you'll make a good Trollhunter, after all. When that time comes, I will be proud to fight by your side."

After Draal had stepped closer to Jim, the said boy smiled and set a hand on his spiked shoulder. "Thanks, Draal."

Y/N watched the two interact and smiled, she knocked on the basement doorframe, "Hey guys, I'll be going now. Draal, I'll come visit you if I can." Draal nodded and Jim walked back up to see the girl off.

Opening the front door, she walked out and stepped down, Jim then called out to her, "Hey, Y/N?" The girl turned to Jim. "Thanks for believing in me." Y/N smiled and waved to the boy goodbye as he gave the same gesture.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"I'm home!" Opening the door, she was met with silence. She sighed and went to her room, closing the door she crashed onto her bed and sighed in exhaustion. It was a long day for her, whether it was at school or the fight it was still exhausting. She sat up and looked at the bookshelf.

She stood up, grabbed the first book she found in her school, turned the night light on, and started to read the history of Camelot with witches and wizards.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Chosen By moonpie

Fanfiction

23.3K 676 35
You were abandoned at the doorstep of Trollmarket as a child and the year you turn sixteen, many interesting things begin to happen. Jim Lake x Femal...
35.5K 1K 21
Y/N is the niece of Walter Stricklander, they go deep into a jungle into a hidden temple which held a ancient troll assassin named 'Angor Rot'. Walte...
7.1K 294 28
It's been four years since Bruno and Y/n defeated Ji-Young and everything is at peace. Y/n is a college student and Bruno is still working in the fie...
15.8K 59 3
Just a collection of one-shots from one of the best DreamWorks animation series out there! Requests are open! Dedicated to our Trollhunter, Anton Ye...