ѕσ, уσυ ωαηт тσ ρℓαу ωιтн мαg...

By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N is a college teen who stumbled upon a certain TrollHunters adventure while she was kept in the dark. It a... More

How it began
The New Trollhunter
A duty to hold
An unhappy welcome
A small gift
Deep in the history books and self doubts
A hangout and a long week of problems coming...
A tiny problem
Win, Lose or Draal
To catch a... Wizard? And a Changeling!
Adventures in Trollsitting
A crazy 16th birthday
Let's play with some magic
Secrets out
The Battle of Two Bridges
A new girl on the team
A Little bit of a Magic Trick
A Team Build Up
First Trollhunter Quest
Blinky's Day Out
The Shattered King
A nightmare
Take care of you
Bowling
Wingmen
A Night to Remember
A lot to hold on
Against the law
Magic Bridge Heist
Worry
Welcome to the Darklands
A lot of conflictions
Picnic Date
Spring Break
Welcome to the Rock Show
The Fall of Trollmarket
A Night Patrol
Secrets reveal and a wanted man
Bad Coffee
Bug Infestation
Timing is Everything and a mix of D'aja Vu
A Date Night and a 1000-year old Sorceress
Magical K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Welcome to History
In this together
The Eternal Knight
A New Adventure Beginning Anew
Dogfight Days of Summer

Goblin Infestation

263 10 4
By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N sat in her class reading a text book, waiting for her teacher to come in as the class was gossiping around. Douxie sat next to with his phone in hand. The teacher then walked inside, gathering the attention all her students. "All right, class. Listen up, we'll be visiting the museum today. We won't be the only ones there. Arcadia Oaks High will be there to see the artifects there so no fights or cause a distruption, or else you'll be forced to stay for summer school."

The class murmured a 'yes' and 'understood' to the teacher who nodded in approval. "Now, let's go shall we?" The class grabbed the bags and left the classroom. Douxie and Y/N chatted as their classmates took their seats in the bus. Y/N took the window seat and Douxie sat next to her. Taking out his phone and took out his earphones. He gave a piece to Y/N, she smiled and placed it in her ear and Douxie started to play her favorite song.

The bus stopped in front of the museum and everyone left the bus, there was a woman who is quite tall with shoulder-length black hair and appeared to be of Japanese descent. She wore a purple jacket and ankle-length skirt, as well as black high-heel boots. She wore a gentle smile as she welcomed the Arcadia Oaks Academy students with welcome arms, introducing herself as Nomura, and started to give them a run-down of the museum before allowing them to look around.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N awed at the museum she and Douxie walked through the medieval exhibition. "Wow, the medieval dresses are beautiful!" Y/N stared at one of the beautiful dress. Douxie nodded and looked at Y/N, "Well, I'm sure the dress would make you a thousand times beautiful on you and believe me when you will catch my eye."

Y/N giggled at his flirting joke and patted his shoulder, "Thanks, Doux. That's really sweet." Both stared at each other with sweet nothingness surrounding them until they had to pull away when she saw Toby and Jim not so far from them. "Douxie why don't you check something else in the museum. I'm gonna go and say hi to my friends." Y/N walked off and turned her head back to Douxie as she walked away from him. "Don't try to be so flirtious to the girls!"

Douxie only chuckled and looked back at the dress with that signature smile of his. "Hmm. What other gifts should I give to her?" Douxie walked away to see other artifacts.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N caught some words out of Jim and the girl he was talking with but, left them alone to talk with Toby holding his classmates phone, chuckling nervously. Handing the phone ba k he looked to Jim and the girl. Not noticing Y/N, she tapped his shoulder, scaring him. "Ah! Y/N, jeez... You scared me. What are you doing here?"

"My school and I are here for a museum field trip. You the same?" Toby nodded and looked around and pulled her away to stand in front of an armor knight and pretended as if they were admiring with interest. He then leaned to her whispering quietly as he can and she kneeled down to hear him better and for him. "A classmate of mine, Eli, found some kind of green creature that's definitely not normal around here in front of his house!"

Y/N's eyes widened, "Are you serious? What did it look like exactly?", Toby tapped his chin and tried to describe it as best as he could. "Well, it was green and well from the picture it looked like a small creature. And obviously it was crushed by a car probably."

"Oh boy... That's a problem. We should tell Jim. We'll go to trollmarket later and tell Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!!. Tonight we're investigating at your classmates place." Toby nodded and he went to go talk to Jim about the discovery he made while Y/N went to go look for Douxie, although the description of a small creature sounds familiar but she didn't want to believe it though.

Finding Douxie was easy, he was looking at old jewelries. Once he heard her approaching he turned to her with a smile. "Hey, you took a while." Y/N smiled nervously. "Yeah, sorry about that. And by the way, I'll be going on some night walk with my friends tonight." Douxie was curious and wanted to know about it.

"Oh, what kind of night walk?", Y/N only made a 'i don't know' gesture because what the heck was she supposed to say.  "They never told me because it was a secret, maybe I'll tell you about it tomorrow."

Douxie nodded with a reassuring smile and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry about me and Archie, we'll be fine. Besides it seems we both have busy schedules of our own so I understand." Y/N smiled and hugged him. Douxie patted her back and they both pulled away and continued on observing the museum.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Voila!" There it is! The squashed creature right in front of them. It was... a disgusting sight. She could literally throw up at the sight of it. "Not voila. Goblin." Aaarrrgghh!!! corrected Toby, clearly don't know what 'Voila' means but Aaarrrgghh!!! is a troll of many words. "Aaarrrgghh!!! what Toby meant by 'voila' as 'tada'." Aaarrrgghh!!! hummed understanding and they focused back on the squashed goblin.

Jim was tapping the squished goblin and turned to his friends with a questioning look. "Ruthless tricksters. Petty street vandals who leave a wave of destruction. This is not good." Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! made a serious look as the problem was going to be escalated further. Jim stood up patting his pants to brush off dust not bothered with the situation. "Well, justice was serve. We should go back and train for Draal."

"You don't understand the situation, Jim." Y/N stopped the young Trollhunter before he left the scene. "This is serious. Where there's one goblin there's gotta be hundreds of others." Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! both nodded. "I'm glad you remembered Master Y/N. And she is correct. Goblins come in groups, packs, and as for the unfortunate soul who ran over this small fellow, may Skaargren's swift blade have mercy!" Blinky raised his four arms as if he was begging the gods and spit on two of his palms, rubbing them together before sticking them far apart and saluted as Toby walked off from the group.

"Okay, Blinky let's cut the melodrama and focus on how to save the person. But, that's gonna take a while and we don't have much time." Jim now intrigued asked why, "Naturally, goblin payback is ten-fold." Y/N only crossed her arms, shaking her head. "Are you saying whoever ran this guy over is in serious trouble?", now Jim is really concerned.

"A delivery driver left a sticky note on Eli's house," Toby returned, a tiny slip of paper in his hand. "Wait for it. The goblin might have gotten squashed by the delivery truck!", Toby made a dramatic dialogue and Jim took the note. Jim skimmed through the note, reading when the delivery man will be back, "Well?" Y/N urged Jim to spill. "If the driver's returning at eight, we need to be here, too. I'm not gonna let some poor guy become goblin chow on my watch."

"Master Jim, answering the call!", Blinky raised his arms in the air with a big, bright smile on his face. Happy that another mission arrived for Jim. Toby jumped a little and was also excited since this will be his first ever mission. Y/N was excited but terrified but I guess, she can take her first mission. "So cool. Stakeout! Heh! Past my curfew!"

Y/N chuckled and clapped her hands gathering everyone's attention. "Okay, we should get ready. Toby and Aaarrrgghh!!! you two hide behind the fence over there, Blinky, Jim and I will hide behind that bush. Toby, Jim do either of you have walkie-talkies?"

Toby raised his arm with his toothy, braced smile. Y/N nodded. "Okay, now, let's go goblin hunting."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Jim held a pair of binoculars over his eyes, watching as Blinky grumbled beside him in annoyance, his stone arms crossed over his body. Y/N tapped his arms, basically asking him to be patient. Blinky growls in annoyance. "It's already nine o'clock. Ugh. It appears the only thing being delivered is failed expectations."

Jim removed the binoculars away from his face and looked at Blinky, "At least, no sign of goblins." Y/N nodded, agreeing. No sign of goblins is good for a while... "He's right, the goblins haven't arrived yet. So, it'll be fine. In a matter of minutes."

Jim pulled out a walkie talkie as he handed Blinky the binoculars. The troll inspected the foreign object that had only fit two eyes. Jim turned on his walkie talkie, "Hey, Tobes, all clear. How's it going over there?"

Hiding behind a wooden fence, Aaarrrgghh and Toby still hiding in their position, yet, instead of staying still, Toby ran in place as he spoke into the small intercom that fit in his hands. And Y/N would have thought he needed the toilet. "All good in the hood, Trollhunter, except I can't stop moving. My love of stakeouts is being ruined by my overwhelming need to obtain swag. Other than that, nothing unusual."

Aaarrrgghh!!! told Toby as he kept glancing at his jumpy friend, "You are unusual." And focused back on the sight, "War Hammer out." As they sat, while Toby exercised, and saw a pair of headlights dragging onto the pavement, lighting the way as a truck conveyed down the quiet street. "War Hammer to Trollhunter, the package has arrived."

Y/N held the walkie talkie, "Copy that." Jim, Y/N and Blinky watched as the truck pulled to a stop in front of its intended house, the delivery man opened his door, lost in the little world of rock music as his headphones continued to play loud, deafening music. Distracted and too busy humming along to the tune, his buttery fingers dropped the fragile package after grabbing from the trailer of the truck.

"Well, I could see why he would be the goblins next meal.", Y/M shook her head as the delivery man dropped the package. Jim leaned over to his friends, whispering, "Let's get him out of here before it's too late."

Y/N watched through the glass of the binoculars, finding each street light dying one by one, darkening the road. "Well, we better hurry cause they're here already!" Blinky with a weak voice grabbed Jim by his shoulders when he noticed some silhouettes in the fog. "Look!"

A goblin appeared out of the fog with a mustache drawn on his face and snapped his fingers.  Out of the fog, many groups of glowing eyes appeared from the thick blanket of fog. Blinky and Y/N stared at in shock. Jim still intended on saving the delivery man. "No, I'm not gonna let an innocent person-"

Jim said before standing and with a gentle shove to the ground, Blinky had stopped Jim from walking into his own deathbed as he spoke into the two-way-device that he snatched from Y/N in a panic. Blinky mentioned and gently pushed Jim further down. "Great trouble! There appears to be far more than I had anticipated. Stay down and don't make a sound. In their frenzied state, they'll attack any in their path."

The glowing eyes of the hungry goblins filled with vengeance advanced as the mailman headed to the doorstep, his finger pushing the button of the bell down. He drops the package one more time, pieces shattering inside as he still showed no care for the package nor realized the gang of Goblins behind him.

He bends to pick up the package as Eli answered the door, happy to see the crate in the man's hands, not realizing the goblins either or even that his package had been broken. Y/N could only sigh. "This is going to be good..."

Eli and the delivery man we're now inside his house for a quick stop as the goblins still advanced. Jim and Y/N looked above them as a Goblin had taken out the light, hearing the malicious laugh from the goblin. Jim stood up with worry. "But that's Eli! He's in my class." Blinky placed a hand on his shoulder out of pity. "He was in your class."

"Blinky! Stop it!", Y/N scolded the blue troll and turned back to the scene to see the last light had been taken out, Goblins screeched from their hiding spots, appearing on the lone streak and heading for their target. The large pile hoarded the truck, nibbling away at the metal. "Oh, wow, they're like gnome's but more terrifying."

The Trollhunter group watched with fear building up inside them. Toby stood up and watched with obvious fear in his eyes as Aaarrrgghh!!! glared at the hungry goblins. "Oh, my goblins!" Blinky's voice rang out through the walkie talkie, scaring Toby almost dropping the device. "Unexpected. Their dispute isn't with the driver at all, but rather the transportation that had flattened their kinsman."

Y/N could sigh with relief but still... Blinky turned to Jim, who was watching the whole scene with evident fear. "Ooh, you must not be afraid, Master Jim." And Jim turned to him confused. I thought the first rule of trollhunting was to always be afraid." Y/N spoke to Jim in calm voice, barely monotone, "Well, this is a different case. Goblins are different to trolls."

The walkie talkie still being on, Aaarrrgghh!!! replied, "Trolls, not goblins." Blinky did a quick explanation, "Goblins crave the pheromone of terror, an odor you appear to be releasing quite generously."

Toby, hearing this, eyes popped open, "Wait! This is too much. You mean, they can smell fear?", then he sniffed himself, "Oh, no! I can smell it, too." Y/N could hear the exact fear in his voice, "Then Toby you better try and stay calm. You're going to give yourself and Aaarrrgghh!!! away." Then Blinky took the walkie talkie, clearly not helping, "Stop panicking, Tobias, or they will eat you!" And Toby screamed through the walkie talkie. Quickly covering the speaker with his hands, Y/N mentally face-palmed with a sigh and made a bored look. But, Blinky and Jim, on the other hand, watched with fear as three goblins pick their heads out from the crowd that now was flat and lower than before.

"Perhaps I made my point too loud.", Y/N nodded in agreement and grabbed her two friends and ran, "Run, you guys!" She yelled over to Toby and Aaarrrgghh!!! and the group ran away from the goblins now chasing after their next meal.

As Jim, Y/N and Blinky ran, Jim's amulet suddenly glowed, and the armor suddenly appeared slowling Jim down. "Jim!", Y/N called out with worry in her voice and grabbed the boy's hand trying to help him. "Now is not the time for armor! It'll only slow you down!" Blinky yelled over his shoulder as Jim was running, wobbling a bit.

"You think I'm trying to do this?", Jim now running while trying to hold the support of Y/N. "Your armor is responding to your emotional state! Control your fear, or you'll be dinner!" Jim tried to catch up, even with Y/N's help the armor was holding both of them back until the goblins caught up and put more weight on the poor Trollhunter, bringing Y/N down with him and they started to drag them away.

"You stupid--!" Y/N was cut off when she and Jim were picked up by Aaarrrgghh!!!, but Y/N got a small scratch on her arms when Aaarrrgghh!!! threw her on his back, knocking up-coming goblins away and caught up with Blinky.

The amor wore off and Jim sighed and breathe that he held in. A ringtone of a notification rang and Toby looked at his watch, " Oh, my gosh! I just got a free t-shirt! This is so much cardio! Ah!" A Goblin caught Toby's outstretched hand, hanging onto the boy. "Toby!" Y/N and Jim held onto his foot, trying their best to keep Toby with him was so close to making contact with the pavement. Toby was screaming and yelling ,'Get it off' multiple times, smacking the goblin on the road.

With many pounding on the concrete, the Goblin finally released Toby, taking the Chubby tracker with him as Toby was pulled up back onto the safety net of Aaarrrgghh. "No! My points!" Jim looked at him with a 'are you serious right now?'. "Your points? Our lives, Tobes!", Y/N placed her hands on both of the boys shoulders, "Alright, let's focus on escaping and you can complain about your tracker later, Toby."

"We need to find a refuge! Trollmarket's too far!" Toby then pointed to their left, "Cut through these backyards. We'll get to my house. Come on, come on, come on!", They follow Toby's direction and cut through each yard as the Goblins follow quickly behind and let out their raspy calls of Waka Chaka.

Aaarrrgghh!!! stopped in front of the fence, gently set his human friends over the fence, letting them run to Toby's house, "Up and over." Them he lifts Blinky over before he jumps over himself. Toby runs to his back door, twisting the handle only to find it locked. His small hands feel around in his pockets, in desperate need of finding his keys.

They could hear the growls of the goblins coming closer. jumping over the fence as Toby fiddles with his keys. Jim wasn't really helping at the moment, "Come on, come on! Hurry, Tobes!"

"Don't rush me!", finally getting the key inside the lock, Toby twists the key while the Goblins surround them. The other four turn to them with fear while Y/N raised her fists, ready to punch them in the face. Everyone presses against the wall with Toby preoccupied with the lock which he finally manages to unlock. "Ah! I did it! Yes! I rule I rule!"

Toby, Jim, Y/N and Blinky run into the safe hold of the house but being too big, Aaarrrgghh!!! is once again stuck between the door frame while the goblins emerge. "Uh-oh." Quickly thinking, Toby flicks on the light switch leading the outside light to glow brightly, blinding each goblin before they run off and over the fence, Aaarrrgghh!!! still stuck in the door. Toby climbs on the shoulder of his friends to see that the Goblins had retreated. "Thank gosh for Nana's anti-burglar mania."

"Your Nana's smart for that, or else Aaarrrgghh!!! would have been in big trouble." She patted the big trolls head and helped him get inside, everyone entering the kitchen and sighed in relief and rested after all that running. Then they hear a door open and Toby's Nana voice echoes through the house. "Toby-pie! Is that you?"

Toby motioned for everyone to move and hide in his room. "Don't mind us, Nana. We'll just be in my room. Binge-watch another show and keep the cats inside." Toby ran upstairs with snack in a bowl.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Now, hanging out in Toby's room, with Toby's worries being swallowed and dumped in his stomach. "An-- Anyone else want a snack? I find stress eating calms me down." Y/N sat next to Toby on his bed and took a Nougat Nummy in the platter and took a bite, she was starving after all that running. And Aaarrrgghh!!! ate his sock. Jim and Blinky were pacing back and forth. Blinky looked at Jim with worry, "I'm sorry to say, Master Jim," he grabbed Jim by his shoulders shaking him back and forth, "but your town is infested with goblins!"

"Okay, trolls, I can deal with because, at least, trolls stay underground," Jim moved away from Blinky as he had his own panic attack, "But goblins? I don't even have the bandwidth to--" but Toby interrupted him, "Jim, we gotta get my Chubby Tracker back. As long as they've got it, they're just gonna get stronger and faster." Aaarrrgghh steals the bowl of food from Toby, "Must find den." and chews the bowl and the food held inside in one bite. Y/N shook her head but couldn't agree more, "That was unnecessary, Aaarrrgghh!!!!. But he's right, they have to be hiding somewhere in Arcadia."

"Yes, and eradicate them at once before they seek their revenge!", Blinky said with a glint of seriousness running across his features. Y/N placed her hand against her face, groaning. "This is going to be annoying..." Of course, Jim didn't really follow, "Revenge?" Jim heads to the bedside, dropping down on the mattress when Y/N moved away and stood in front of them as she continued for him, "On you two, of course. Now, they know where Toby lives and could attack him and his Nana any day."

"So, we find their den. You must have some idea." Y/N and Blinky looked at each other and shook their heads. "Haven't the foggiest. It could be anywhere." Then a familiar noise caught Blinky's full attention, after hearing a small chatter from the dollhouse, Blinky bends and looks into the window, finding the gnome with a light candle, some rock, and a girl doll on the couch.

"Great Gronka Morka! What is the gnome doing in this dollhouse?" Blinky stood up and glared at the two young boys and Y/N check Ed the gnome herself through the tiny dollhouse window and waved at it. But Blinky's voice was loud that Toby's Nana called out to him. "Toby-pie? I don't recognize that voice. Who is that?" Toby groaned rolling his eyes and yelled back,  "It's a friend, Nana! I do have more than one!" Smirking with Aaarrrgghh!!! But soon fell what she said next.

And his Nana roasted him when she replied with an unexpected answer, "No, you don't." Y/N let out a snort, making the chubby boy glare at her making her raise her hands up. Jim tried to make a point with Blinky in his own way, "You told me to take care of the gnome, so we're taking care of it."

Blinky obviously not happy with this started lecturing him, "This is in direct violation of rule number two! Whatever happened to finishing the fight?" Jim stood up when argued back, "And rule number one is to always be afraid, except if you're around goblins 'cause they smell fear. Your rules make less sense than algebra, which-- oh, yeah-- I have in a few hours, unless I get eaten by goblins tonight."

Jim slowly heads over to the dollhouse while he talked. The gnome watched through the top window, hiding with another chatter as Jim finished and stood next to the dollhouse and looked down with a frown.

"I'm sorry. I'm no good at understanding your rules. I'm not ready for Draal, Bular, or finding a stupid den of goblins." Blinky steps to Jim and places a comforting hand on his shoulder, "As your trainer, I can only advise, not make your decisions. I understand. You're human. You're learning the rules in your own way," and leads Jim to the bed to sit back down.

Blinky moved to stand next to Aaarrrgghh!!! and Y/N with a reassuring smile. "Aaarrrgghh!!!, Y/N and I will seek out this den, wherever it may be. You just focus on your studies. It seems life has thrown enough at you for one day." Both boys smiled and looked at each other with relief.

"But a gnome in a dollhouse?!", Aaarrrgghh!!! and Y/N smirked at the boys as the two boys smile nervously. Y/N moved to the window to sneak out than the door, cause why not, "I can scout around and miss another day of school. See possible places for goblins to hide."

Toby looked at the girl with envy, "What?! You can skip school?", Y/N laughed at the young boy's reaction. "After my life stumbled into trollmakret, I asked for leave when I need to. To help the trolls adjust better here. Anyways, I'll see you guy tomorrow. Bye!"

And she left in a flash.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Opening the door, slightly squeaking, she looked around to see it was quiet and no one around. 'Douxies' probably asleep.' dropping the keys in the bowl sitting by the door, she entered her room, closing the door.

She walked over to her bag, grabbing it and took out the book she found in Douxie's bookstore on the bookshelf, she then looked to the book next to it, forgetting the book she had found in her school library. "Oh, forgot about that. Now, that reminds me this is the second time a book fell and me finding it... Huh... Better ask Vendel about the book tomorrow. Probably connected to this one."

Standing up she walked over to her bed and sat down on it, she crossed her arms and hissed, looking at her shoulder.

"Ah... I forgot about that... How on earth did I forget?", she stood back up to head to the kitchen, but heard the front door open, she paused her movements and placed her ear against the door and heard Douxie's voice and someone else.

"Ah... Those damn snobs are so annoying!", she heard him sit down on the couch, then the second voice, another male spoke up, "You know, the goblins are going to be a problem now. With them infesting the town we have no doubt something is going down."

"Oh, shut your trap, Archie. I don't need to be reminded.". Wait, what?? Archie?? Talking? Huh??

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Douxie sat on the couch, extremely tired after exterminating the night creatures that stalked Arcadia. "I just hope Y/N didn't run into one of them. But, speaking of her, is she home?" Douxie stood up and stood in front of her door, knocking on it, there was silence.

He slowly opened the door to see Y/N knocked out on her bed, she looked so tired that she didn't bother to change into her pajamas. Douxie sighed in relief, and Archie peeked inside and glanced at the boy. "You know, I still think you should tell her." Douxie glared at the cat and closed the girl's door. "It's too early for that."

Archie only rolled his eyes and hopped onto the couch standing on his two feet, "How is it too early? You want to protect your lo--"

But he was interrupted by Douxie placing a hand over his furry friend. Archie clawed his hand making him jump. "Well, you better find time before it's too late." He jumped off the couch and went to their room and slept on the bed, curling up. Douxie sighed and looked at the door where the young girl slept.

When will they have time?

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 121 11
You have lived in the dark lands since your beginning. the surface was too warm and the cold in this place is perfect. Barely anyone lives here well...
62.2K 1.1K 53
Here are some Trollhunters x Reader Oneshot that I hope y'all enjoy. I don't own any of these characters. Full credit to the makers of this show.
168K 7.1K 41
Meet teenagers Jim Lake and Y/N L/N. Two great kids here in his small town called Arcadia. Although every day might be the same, go to school, do ho...
7.1K 294 28
It's been four years since Bruno and Y/n defeated Ji-Young and everything is at peace. Y/n is a college student and Bruno is still working in the fie...