The Lost Prince

By itsworthreading

This book is a sequel to 'The Tower Prince'. Do not read it as a standalone. Karan was no more himself afte... More

Author's note
1. Resolution
2. Fears And Hopes
3. Turns
4. Paving A Path
5. Desperation
6. Finding True Self
7. Resentment
8. Acceptance
9. Leap Of Faith
10. New Beginning
11. A Wife
12. Co-exist
13. Void
14. Fears
15. Safe Place
17. Birthday Gift
18. Offer
19. New Phase
20. Letter
21. Apprehension
22. Home
23. Down the Memory Lane
24. Back Home

16. Present

548 88 24
By itsworthreading

Radhika could feel a change in Samar's demeanor after that unplanned unpleasant encounter.
She had reprimanded herself a thousand times for looking at his features that changed the dimensions between them.

Samar had suddenly turned aloof. He would return late and eat without a word. He had simply denied the daily massage. He would immediately leave the room under the pretense of a walk and would return when he was sure that Radhika was done eating and closing the kitchen. He would slip in the bedding, knowing very well that she was still awake in her own, near the kitchen counter.

He was burdened by the thought that she expected something from him. She was burdened by the guilt that she had made him uncomfortable by her wander of thoughts and regretted it.

He needed to do something to change whatever it was, knowing very well that they both were suffering in their own way.

One fine evening, Radhika was surprised to see that he came home early. She was confused for a moment as she had not even started with the preparations for the dinner. While Samar took a leisurely shower, she prepared him a cup of tea.
Samar stepped out of the shower, wiping his hair and looked at her. She was busy at the counter, pouring the tea and arranging it in a tray.

"Let's go out for dinner tonight."
His soothing voice made her look up.

It was after a long time that they would be eating out. Last was when they went shopping for household things, trying to make the quarter a living space.
Not that she was tired of cooking, on the contrary, she loved cooking for him. Even he had known that she was a good cook, but he wanted to break a news to her... And he wanted to do it gently.

Samar dressed himself casually and walked out of the quarter to stroll around and give her the privacy to change. He heaved a deep sigh when he noticed the curtains of the windows were pulled. He did not let his mind wander and take privileges to unholy imaginations. Radhika walked out after some time, and locked the door.

They were seated in a small restaurant by the beach. Radhika forcefully kept her gaze on the dark horizon, and avoided any inconvenience to Samar.

He had asked her what she wanted to eat and she had replied that she would share whatever he orders. Samar placed the order on her behalf too, and realized that he never thought of what she actually liked. While he took a sip from his glass of water, he looked at her gazing at the open ocean.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." He tried to gain her attention and she looked at him.

"About what?" She desperately tried to hide an unknown fear.

Samar licked his lips to gather the courage. He had been doing it from a few days now. He knew, that was what he wanted.
"There is this temple... Far away from here, near my hometown. I want to visit it."

Saying that out loud was not easy for him. He could not keep the harsh memories of his last attempt to visit the temple on Maa Durga, with his family. The previous journey was quite too tiring and he ended up being hospitalized. He had his entire family with him, and now he was all alone. The mere thought dreaded him.

Radhika furrowed her eyebrows. She, for a moment thought that he would simply ask her to go back to her parents place. But his words confused her more than ever.

"I want to visit it with you." He added, when he found her at loss of words.

Radhika's eyes misted at unpleasant memories. She instantly recalled the Shekhawat family going for a similar tour and that she was left behind, humiliated and unwanted. She averted her eyes and blinked rapidly. She really found herself at loss of words.
After so many days, when Samar decided to talk to her, she was hit by an unpleasant memory.

Samar was taken aback when she did not reply for a long time. He blinked and looked down.

"Why me?" She finally gathered courage to say.

He looked at her instantly. He knew what was the reason, but was skeptical to address it.

He rubbed his brow nervously.
"I will tell you when we go there, that is, if you want to join me at all. It is for you to decide. Just know that, I won't be going alone."

The Prince was mysterious as ever. Radhika took a moment to grasp the meaning of his words. She looked down to hide the smile that had already lit up her features. Samar took one look at her and knew that she would come with him, even without knowing the reason.

After the hearty dinner, Samar suggested a stroll around the crashing waves.

"Do you mind if I click a picture of you?" Radhika suddenly asked, when they were seated on the dry sand.

Samar was momentarily surprised by her sudden request.

"Picture? Why?" He could not help but ask.

Radhika pursed her lips.
"It's the first time we came out for dinner like this. I want to capture this moment, if you don't mind."

That made Samar smile.
"True. But like you said, 'we' came out for dinner. So it should be a picture of both of us?"

Radhika felt a warm rush of blush rush to her neck. She looked down to hide the smile. But her heart recalled the aloof behavior of the Prince since last few days and she was instantly brought out of the dreamland. She faked a smile and looked at him. The instant change in her demeanor did not go unnoticed by Samar.

"Yes, but do you still mind a your solo photograph?" She asked hopefully.

Samar nodded with a smile.
"You can take as many pictures as you would like."

That brought a dazzling smile on Radhika's young face. She instantly pulled out her phone and opened the camera app and held the phone to focus it on his handsome face. Samar smiled wholeheartedly, just to compliment her enthusiasm.
She clicked two nice pictures, where the crescent moon smiled in the background. Samar gently snatched the phone from her hands and scooted closer to her. He held the phone higher at an angle and turned the app to the selfie mode. Radhika smiled when her reflection popped up on the screen and was shared with Samar's smiling face. She was prepared for a selfie.
Samar suddenly wrapped an arm around her shoulders and he successfully captured the shocked face that was looking at him, instead of the camera.

Samar looked at her and held her gaze for a moment. He gently drew small circles on her shoulder and she found herself more vulnerable than ever. Her breath hitched and she looked down, too shocked by his sudden act.

"Look at the camera." He whispered.

Radhika gathered courage and looked at the phone that he was holding. Though he managed to click a picture with his smile, she could just manage a blush.

"When do you want us to leave?" Radhika asked on the way back home.

"In two days? Is that okay for you?"

Radhika nodded.

"I will make the travel arrangements." Samar had happily replied.

True to his words, Samar had booked train tickets and they were off to his home town, with mixed emotions. While she was delighted that a special task was accomplished, he was overwhelmed with the thought of visiting his hometown and the temple of Maa Durga, that had been considered auspicious by his family.

While they reached the hometown of Songarh, Samar rented a car and they were off to the sacred place. Radhika had a hunch that he had no plans of visiting his parents place.

The journey was too stretched and tiring at the same time. They were scheduled to stay in a hotel and continue the remaining journey the next day.

Radhika was pretty excited to visit the temple and was ready in the early hours of morning.
Samar woke up to the sight of her pouring him a cup of coffee and handing it to him with a smile.

"Hey, Good morning." He said, rubbing off the sleep from his eyes.

"Am I allowed to wish you a Happy Birthday?" She asked and he looked up at her with wide eyes.

He was momentarily lost in a different world, thinking about well-being of his twin that shared the joy of coming to this world on the same day as him.

"I am not sure, if Karan Kunwarsa wished you first." She asked, trying to gain his attention.

He smiled at her. He had realized that it was not her fault that he was estranged from his twin. He was there to make her life better and give her all possible joys.

"You knew that it's my birthday?"

That gave her the answer and she smiled.
"Happy Birthday." She extended her hand for a handshake.

Samar laughed out loud and accepted her wish with a thanks.

"What do you want for your birthday?" She asked.

He chuckled again.
"I will park the question for now."

She agreed, but could not stop thinking about another Prince that might want to share the happiness with her husband.

Karan looked at the pleasant morning, standing on the open balcony of the mansion. He could not help but stare at the tower, that was now locked away. How he wished, he had his twin to celebrate his birthday. He wished Samar was happy, wherever he was.

He looked back with furrowed eyebrows as a maid approached him and his train of thoughts was broken.

She bowed in respect and extended an envelope to him, saying that it was received for him.

Karan looked at the envelope and turned it around to see the postal stamp. He was confused as it was delivered from Chennai.
With curious mind, he tore opened the envelope and pulled out the contents to have his heart skip a beat.

His eyes misted with tears. It was the best gift he ever could get.

It was a photograph of Samar. He was smiling with a prominent crescent moon behind him. A background of open ocean could be clearly seen.

"Happy Birthday. I hope the picture finds a place on your birthday pics wall."

Was the small note found in the envelope.

----------------------------
Another chapter up
Vote and comment
Love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 149K 69
Yaduvanshi series #2 A second chance romance If you want to read a story which make your eyes weep and heart bleed but then make you giggle and shy...
395K 9.3K 21
Sheiks of Ahalamin - Book One. He's an audacious Middle Eastern Prince. She's a prideful Wall Street Princess. These two warring hearts will burn a t...
4.7K 327 27
hello PrAja & RoSal fans... I am back with yet another romantic, historic and overwhelming story of PrAja love series.🀩πŸ₯° What happens when a simpl...
42.3K 3.4K 33
11th century, in Singhal. Her own people betrayed her, her family used her. Pawned her in a political marriage with a man 15 years older than her who...