Broken Blades

By darkest112

"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not ma... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE

SIXTEEN

42 9 0
By darkest112

_________

S U M M E R

I rub my eyes with the back of my hand as a small yawn leaves my mouth. I take a sip of the coffee and sigh as my taste buds receive the much needed caffeine. The headache that was nagging just behind my eyes begin to dissipate as I take another large sip of the liquid. A small sigh rushes through my lips as I savor the feeling of it in my mouth.

My mind unconsciously wonders to Alpha Ares, like it has been happening for the past few hours. The man can't exit my mind no matter how hard I've tried. My wolf has been sending images of him through my brain ever since the small party that had been held for them. I had felt his heated gaze on me almost the entire time there. My wolf had purred at the attention and I didn't know what to do with it.

"Alpha Ares will be here soon, alpha." Micah says snapping me back to the present. He has never called me by name.even though I've told him it's okay for him to do so.

"Do you have all the files ready?" I ask. I already collected all the files from missing wolves from different packs.

"Yes, here they are." Micah hands me the files detailing all the information needed. 

The first ever recorded missing wolf was from this pack and it set the trend where one or two wolves began to disappear without a single trace. Looking closely, only wolves from tiny packs had began to disappear. The Alpha's had concluded they either left the pack willingly or went rogue, believing they'll eventually come back. Wolves in smaller packs usually leave because they are more susceptible to attacks and in case of one, chances of their survival are low. Bigger packs on the other hand, have a bigger advantage in their numbers. In the recent years, especially the previous two years, wolves from big and prominent packs have followed the same pattern. Gone and untraceable.

Asher is quite good and very thorough with his investigation. In just a few days I had gotten all this information from him. He is my third for a reason too. Reliable and quick.

"Here's here." I tell Micah just as his scent fills the room. He's accompanied with his beta who has a large grin on his lips, eyes alight with delight and some other mischievous emotion I can't seem to fully grasp. My wolf begins to react and I do the only thing I can at that moment; shut her out. I'm not ready for her crazy behavior.

"Alpha Ares, beta Roan please take a sit."

We are currently at a small meeting room where I usually hold meetings with Micah, Asher and a few pack tops.

"Would you like anything to drink before we begin?" 

"Yes, please I'll have white coffee with two sugars." Roan grins and Micah nods.

I turn to Ares and realize his eyes are already staring at me in an intense gaze. My wolf pushes forward through my restrain and I'm almost sure my eyes flash. What is wrong with me? No, what's also wrong with him?

"Tea with milk and three spoons of sugar." He says and I  turn to look away. My eyes focus on the only thing distracting me, that is Micah. Micah grabs a small bag of coffee, tears it open and pours the content in the mug. He then pours a generous amount of milk and scoops two tea spoons of sugar and deposits on the mug. He stirs lightly and hands it over to Roan who grabs the mug with glee. Micah then prepares Ares preference as I watch not ready to meet the Alpha's eyes. I remind myself that he's a man and all men are the same. This slightly snaps my wolf to her senses and she retreats allowing me to fully focus on the situation at hand.

"You have missing wolves." I state, already aware of it.

"Yes and I assume you do too." Alpha Ares says as he takes the mug from Micah.

"We do. I only learnt recently of it. A few orphans from the age of twenty five and below." I had deduced that from the report Asher had brought me.

"However, a report had been made a few years ago. A wolf had disappeared. The report went public and your mate handle the case, do you remember?" Ares inquires and my mind goes blank.

Back then, I was a different woman and I wasn't really into pack activities. I was an orphan too with no support from anyone.

"I do remember it but back then Logan and I weren't mates yet." I look towards the door as I feel quick steps heading towards the room.Asher.

The door opens with a bang as an out of breath, Asher stares at us wide eyed.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, alpha but there are rogues here. We didn't see or feel them get in. They were using some kind of drug to hide their scents."

I'm out of my sit before he's done talking.

"How many are there and where are they?" I ask, my wolf coming close to the surface, seeing through my eyes.

"We think four. Pack patrol is usually slow this early because there's usually no attack early morning." I thought so too.

I suddenly remember the alpha I was holding a meeting with and I turn to excuse him, only to see his eyes already turning black. His wolf is close to the surface.

"I'm sorry Alpha Ares, we'll have to reschedule this meeting." I stare at his eyes and I watch as they go back to hazel.

"I understand, can we help you with anything?"

I turn to Roan, his previous mirth gone under a cold mask, reminding me why he is a beta.

I sigh, realizing I can't shut them off. They are here and they'll definitely want answers later, why not let them join?

I shrug, lightly "Why not? Hurry!"

"Micah, inform the pack warriors to guard everyone, especially teens. I don't want another missing wolf anytime soon." Micah bows and hurries away, leaving me with Asher and the two.

I turn to Asher who looks even more anxious. Rogues have never attacked my pack ever since Logan became alpha. This new and sporadic attacks are strange and alarming.

"Where are they attacking?" Four rogues can't possibly even imagine they'd be able to take down an entire pack.

"The Alpha's house." That stops me in my tracks.

The Alpha's house is a bit secluded to give the alpha his own privacy. That's what Logan had said as he had built that house. Now I know why. He didn't want people knowing what he was doing to his mate, the disgusting and chilling things no human should ever face.

Why? Why not the pack house or any other place? It'd be more reasonable for them to attack the pack house cause it's where I live but the Alpha's house, the place I had occupied with Logan for two years, that strange.

My eyes widen as it suddenly clicks.

"They are after something. And if they are anything like the rogue from last time, it'll be hard to capture any alive." I explain as I dash towards the Alpha's house, a house that holds nothing but dark and vicious memories for me.

There's no scent, the pungent odour rogues usually leave, doesn't exist confirming what Asher just said.

"Alpha Ares and Asher, take the back door, it's not locked. Beta Roan, come with me." I give orders and they nod their heads in affirmation as they walk towards the other side of the house.

This rogues might have as well known they'll be walking to their deaths because there is no way they'd be missed by my skilled warriors.

"What's the plan, alpha?" Beta Roans asks,

"There's no plan. We just walk in. I'm sure they knew they'd be captured. I'm just not sure why they'd risk it." I say as we walk through the obviously broken door lock.

My wolf pushes through as I walk in. Dark and disgusting memories rush forward and I almost gag at the stale scent of Logan, a scent I'm so familiar with, I can almost feel it everytime I breath, choking me and shattering me. I loathe this house and if I had a choice, I'd set it up in flames.

"Are you okay?" Roan questions noting my silence.

I give him a short nod, not meeting his eyes. He'd see the shameful and disgusting emotions in my eyes.

"They are upstairs." Roan nods and we both take quiet steps up the stairs.
At the last step, I hear mumbling but not loud enough for me to make our what they are saying. There's a short hallway there where I know they are.

I signal Roan to attack and he nods his head before dashing towards the unaware rogues as I do the same.

The two untidy looking rogues stare at the two of use wide eyed.

"You said no one would be here!" One of them yells at the other. He's quite tall with brown hair and light brown eyes. He's adorned in dark jeans that's leaning more on them bring unwashed than it's original colour, a blue faded shirt with 'yolo' written on it paired with some dirty converse, the white part of the shoe covered in mud.

The other female rogue looks the same if not worse. Her blonde hair is cut short, almost close to her scalp and a few earrings occupy her ears. Her nose is slightly crooked, from fighting most probably. She's wearing dark leather pants with a black Adidas crop top, combat boots on her feet. She looks more like a fighter than a wild rogue.

"Shut up." She hisses as she glares at the two of us.

I already know what they are going to try to do as I stare at the male eyes.

"Roan, grab the female and keep her mouth open." Roan although looks absolutely shocked and confused, he does it, prying the females mouth open. Her eyes widen, fear rushing through them.

I head to the male rogue, planning on doing the same but I'm too late when the smell of burning paper and cinnamon fills the room. I watch as his nose begins to bleed, followed by every other opening as the blood turns so dark, black.

"What the?" Roan is stupefied as we both watch the rogue hit the floor, dead.

I walk over to the lady and she squirms from Roan's hold. Pulling our a glove from my pocket, I put it on and shove my hand into her mouth. I trace her teeth until I find what I'm looking for and pluck it out, being careful not to pop it.

When it's out, I stare at the yellow like pill that's usually embedded on the teeth. It's light yellow in color and filled with a strange substance. I bring it close to my nose, realizing just how disgusting it is to do this but having no choice, and sniff it. The potent scent of burning paper and cinnamon hits my nose and I almost gag as my wolf retreats. Whatever this is, kills wolves instantly.

"What's going on, Alpha Summer?" Roan asks as he stares between the rogue, the pill and me.

It was just a theory but I was right.

His scent hits me as I turn to stare at the Alpha whose eyes are already looking at mine, concern and some other emotion evident in his eyes.

"Are you okay, Alpha Summer?" Alpha Ares ask as he stares at us, his steps halting as he stares at Roan, the rogue and I.

Where should I start explaining all this?

_________

Hello! Hi! What are your thoughts on Ares? On Summer and on Roan loll.

I'd love to hear from you!!

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5M 738K 58
[Cover credit: Malot Aznar] "You need to learn to notice when a door is closed. If the door is open, you go through it, and if it's not, you need to...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
176K 3.5K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
14.1K 386 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...