The Devil May Cry

By Shattered_Realms

RWBY x male son of vergil reader More

Bio
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Vergil)
Chapter 24 (Dante)
Chapter 25 (Y/n)
Epilogue

The Final Chapter

242 4 0
By Shattered_Realms

3rd POV

Vergil and Salem battled in the cage while RWBY, Nero and Dante rushed to Y/n's side. Y/n began coughing up blood while Vergil and Salem battled.

Salem: We could've ruled together as Gods, Vergil!

Vergil: I never wanted to be your lap dog! It was only a step to this. Very. MOMENT!

Vergil and Salem clash blades again. Blake and Yang desperately attempt to cover Y/n's wound with their hands. They hoped it would at least stop the bleeding but it did nothing. The entire team were crying while Nero and Dante were on the verge of tears.

Ruby: *crying* Y-Y/n, p-p-please stay with us.

Y/n: *weakly* I'm *cough* not going anywhere, little red.

Dante: Just rest, kid. Please.

While they care to Y/n, Vergil and Salem continue to battle with such power it made the Gods impressed. Vergil and Salem clash blades again causing the ground to shatter beneath them. The lighting cage becomes more powerful and dangerous for both those on the outside and the two on the inside.

Vergil: You attack my son, use the Gods as tools, wield my fathers sword all in hopes to bring the world to its knees!

Salem: It's all coming together. Once you, your brother and your sons are dead there will be no one strong enough to stand against me! NO ONE!

She slashes Vergil directly up into the cage but he withstood the pain and launched back down at Salem, his only fuel is nothing but rage. Y/n continues to hold on for dear life while RWBY, Dante and Nero continued to care to Y/n. Y/n slowly closes his eyes while RWBY, Nero and Dante beg him to stay awake but to no avail. Y/n awoke on top of the Qliphoth tree but the surrounding area was a grey void.

???: So, you finally showed up.

Y/n turned around and saw someone he never expected to see last in life or death.

Y/n: Grandfather.

Sparda: Y/n.

Back with RWBY, they all cried uncontrollably when Y/n closed his eyes. Salem, Dante, Nero, the Gods and Vergil felt Y/n's power fade to nothing. Vergil was consumed by anger and began attacking Salem with more and more powerful attacks and the only way she was able to keep up was because of the Sparda. Y/n and Sparda stood opposite each other atop the Qliphoth.

Y/n: Is this some type of illusion?

Sparda: I can tell you, I'm somewhat real.

Y/n Somewhat?

Vergil continued to fight Salem relentlessly. He showed as little mercy possible to her. RWBY, Nero and Dante mourned the loss of Y/n while the air of the battle field changed and everyone could feel it.  

Sparda: I... sealed myself away after forcing the Gods into exile. I did it so no one had to suffer to my demonic legacy but I came back and met your grandmother and had your father and uncle, but when they were both eight when a demon attacked our home. It killed their mother and after I killed the demon, Dante and Vergil were nowhere to be seen so I had assumed they, too, were killed by the demon so I sealed myself away but that time, permanently.

Y/n: So you never died?

Sparda: No. I separated my power into four swords. Rebellion, which is now Devil Sword Dante. Yamato, your blade. Devil Sword Vergil, which I hid away in your brothers blood. And the Sparda. Then sealed myself away.

Y/n: But the Sparda was the most powerful so you split it into the relics and had Ozpin hide them away.

Sparda: Correct. But since you're here, I suggest we begin training.

Y/n: Training?

Sparda: You don't want to wield my sword without proper strength. There's a hidden power I locked away in the sword only someone of my blood can unlock. If you wish to wield the blade and the power, we must begin training.

Sparda holds his hand open before a Devil Sword appeared in his hand.

He then activated his Devil Trigger which changed the air around Y/n and Sparda.

Y/n then used his power to make Yamato appear before activating his Sin Devil Trigger. The pair began circling each other with their blades. Suddenly, Sparda raised his hand and [insert battle music] began playing.

Y/n: Seriously?

Sparda: Helps people focus.

Y/n: *sigh* Alright, then.

I draw Yamato before running at Sparda. He smirks before blocking Y/n's strike which mirrored the strike Salem blocked from Vergil back in the realm of the living. Vergil continued to battle Salem but their battle was mirrored by that of Sparda and Y/n. Every strike Y/n preformed on Sparda, Vergil mirrored with Salem.

Sparda: You strike with anger. Focus your emotions to make your strikes more powerful.

Y/n: Yes, sir.

Y/n channeled his emotions and struck Sparda's blade with his Devil Sword the same way Vergil struck the Sparda with his Devil Sword.

Salem: Such a shame, you couldn't protect your mother or father and now you couldn't even protect your eldest son.

Vergil slashed upwards sending Salem into the air before flying up and grabbing her by the throat before slamming her into the ground and throwing her into the cage walls. She picked up a large rock and threw it at Vergil who raised his sword to slice it in half but it was Y/n who sliced it.

Sparda: Very nice.

Sparda charged at Y/n and goes in to strike him but Y/n blocked the strike with Devil Sword Y/n just like Vergil blocked Salem's attack with his Devil Sword. Salem and Vergil clash blades again causing the ground beneath them to begin cracking. Vergil slashed Salem upwards before jumping up and slashing downward causing her to slam into the ground in a dust cloud, but once the dust clear it was Sparda against Y/n again.

Sparda: Impressive. You seem to know how to use the Yamato well.

Y/n: Trained with it for days on end. I suppose all that training has lead to this moment.

Sparda: Indeed.

Sparda ran at Y/n but Y/n slid between his legs, grabbed him by the neck and threw him into one of the Qliphoth barriers that surrounded them. Sparda stood up before cracking his neck and charging at Y/n. Their blades collide causing a bright light to erupt but once the light calms it's Vergil and Salem continuing their battle. Salem slowly began gaining the upper hand against Vergil while Y/n kept gaining the upper hand against Sparda. Y/n used Judgement Cut against Sparda but Sparda blocked the attack before lunging at Y/n, when Y/n blocked Sparda's attack Vergil had blocked Salem's attack before sending multiple Judgement Cuts at her but she parried all of them.

Salem: Pathetic.

Salem continued to gain the upper hand against Vergil. Salem slowly began to overpower Vergil and no one could help him because of the lightning cage. Salem then swept Vergil's legs before throwing him through the cage causing him to land next to Y/n's lifeless body.

Salem: It was foolish for any of you to attempt to fight me. I have won this battle, at the war.

Sparda and Y/n continue their duel until Y/n grabs the hilt of Devil Sword Sparda before kicking Sparda off it. Sparda began chuckling then deactivated his Devil Trigger followed by Y/n. He tosses Sparda his sword before sheathing Yamato then making it disappear.

Sparda: Very good, Y/n. I believe you're ready.

Y/n: Will I ever see you again?

Sparda: You are free to join me here as a training arena. But for now, I believe you have your true potential to unlock.

Y/n walks to Sparda and hugs him prompting Sparda to return the hug. Once they broke the hug Y/n walked to the center of the area before closing his eyes. He then disappeared from the Qliphoth tree and the void.

Sparda: I wish you the best of luck, Y/n.

Salem slowly walks toward RWBY, Nero, Dante and Vergil while holding the Sparda. She begins laughing before raising the sword over her head but just as she goes to strike a hand grabs the hilt of the Sparda before kicking Salem off the sword. When the dust clears everyone looks at a purple demon that wields the Sparda.

(replace the orange with purple and imagine the Sparda in his right hand)

Everyone notices Y/n's body was gone and they look at the demon.

Blake: Y/n?

Vergil: What form of power is this?

The demon raises the Sparda and points it at Salem before slowly walking toward her. She attempted to run but the demon snapped his fingers and a wall of fire blocked Salem from escaping. Salem created a spear made of Grimm before throwing it at the demon but it caught the spear and crushed it with little effort.

Salem: What are you?!

???: Your judge, jury and executioner.

The demon spoke with a cold and deep voice. Salem, for the first time in her whole life, felt fear of a stronger being. The demon gripped the Sparda before plunging it into Salem's chest. She screamed out in pain before she began to slowly fade away along with every other Grimm on the battle field. Once Salem had completely disappeared into black dust along with the Grimm the landscape started to become green. The demon reverted to a human form and it turned out to have been Y/n. RWBY all run toward him and catch him in a tight embrace while they all cry into his coat.

Yang: *crying* WE THOUGHT YOU DIED!

Weiss: *crying* NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

They let Y/n go and all slap him in the face while tears continued to run down their faces. Dante, Nero and Vergil walk up to them and stare at Y/n who seemed to be well.

Nero: How the hell?

Y/n: Well, I found Sparda and he trained me to wield the power he had locked away within the Sparda. Turned out to be an even stronger version of my Devil Trigger.

Dante: What'll you call it?

Y/n: Perfect Devil Trigger.

Nero: I like it.

Y/n turned to Vergil who was holding Yamato before offering. He looked at it before handing it to Y/n. Y/n put the Sparda on his back and took the sword from Vergil.

Y/n: Thank you... dad.

Everyone on the battle field began celebrating as the demons retreat to the underworld. The Maidens look at each other and join in on the celebration. Everyone made their way back to the bullheads and dropships which took them back to either Atlas or Vale. After the long journey the RWBY, JNPR, the Maidens, Qrow, Oscar, Glynda, Nero, Dante, Vergil and Y/n got off a bullhead after it landed in Vale. The group walked back to Devil May Cry and all shared some drinks to celebrate their victory against Salem. While drinking his Monster, Y/n looked out the bars window and saw Sparda standing outside smiling before walking behind a lamp post and disappearing. Y/n continues looking out the window before rejoining the others. Nero walked out and later came back in with Kyrie who joined us with having some drinking.

Dante: Well, *raises drink* to Y/n! Cheers!

JNPR: Cheers!

RWBY: Cheers!

Nero & Kyrie: Cheers!

Maidens: Cheers!

Vergil: *sigh* Cheers.

Y/n looks at his Monster before raised his drink. Everyone took a sip from their drink while talking about what everyone might do in the soon future. Sparda watches from a roof top before smiling at the sight.

Sparda: Cheers.

He turned around and disappeared back to the void. The sun sets on an old era of a secret war but it will soon rise for a new era of peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 5.4K 79
Vergil; the Son of Sparda. Dark Slayer. Alpha and Omega. Devil in a Blue Coat. He has been given many names, his legacy left in his wake through trav...
20.9K 387 31
Aruka, the third son of Sparda and half brother to Dante and Vergil, is taken to a world that is unknown to him. In this world, there are monsters un...
9.5K 126 16
A orphaned boy travels the world with a group of friends. They are soon slaughtered and this opens up a whole new world for the boy. He realizes, the...
16.2K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...