Elenora and Her Two Mafias

By hello-gorgeous

Elenora is the daughter of Santiago Franco, the former leader of the most powerful mafia in the world. When s... More

Author's Note
Character List
Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter 24

Chapter Nineteen

97 5 2
By hello-gorgeous

Elenora Point of View

I finally got out of my long day of testing. It feels like my brain is on a puddle on the floor. The test was split into sections similar to the ACT but included some short answer as well. It ranged in hardness with questions  covered in each grade to see which grade subjects you have mastered to properly place. I stand up and stretch my limbs, the school day is shorter due to all exams so everyone is getting out at the same time as me but Nico still has things to do with the theater putting on a holiday exhibition at the end of the week and has to stay longer.

After the long day of testing I don't want to wait for Nico to give me a ride and I know Dante said Toni would be out of work by now or soon so I decided to call him and ask for a ride. I pull up my contacts where only my brothers are listed and hit his to call. I hear it ring as I stand outside the school. I look and see Finn who I met earlier today already at his car, and realize that he invited me. I almost think of running up and going with him or when Toni answers seeing if he can drive but the Toni picks up before I can do the first. "Hey Elenora, I'm close to the school, shouldn't be too long before I'm there"

I pause for a second before asking "Thanks, how did you know I wanted a ride?" I say moving to sit on the bench.

"You had a long day of testing and I'm out of work. Nico taking you home is only if something came up and I couldn't come and get you"

"Oh, okay"

"See you in a bit, maybe we can I can take you out for a celebratory treat?"

"Yeah sounds fun, see you in a bit" I say hesitantly, deciding not to ask to go hang out with Finn. I heard the dial tone a shoved the phone back into my pocket. I wasn't sad I didn't get to go hang out with people my age especially not about Finn. I was nervous about it before and now I don't have to feel bad about not going. I hope he was being genuine but then why would someone go out of their way for someone they just met. I used to be a hopeless romantic hoping that someone would come to my rescue just like Finn did, just like L- I realize why I was so untrusting of Finn. Luke.

The way we met like something out of a book, I could still smell the earthy smell of the Chicago river flowing and the bustling traffic on street behind me. I was walking along the water when I turned to feel the breeze and reach up to twist the necklace around my neck only to be met by skin. In a panicked state I start to retrace my steps looking for it before someone came up to me a said I look lost. With a smile that touched his eyes and made it him enchanting, almost genuine. He helped me look for my necklace for ten minutes until he stood up excitedly and gave me necklace along with his phone number.

I shudder at the thought and look up to see that Toni car is pulling around. I walk up as he parks the car and leans over the passenger seat to open the door for me. I say thanks then hop in, he waits for me to buckle before he drives off. "So, how'd it go?" He asks.

"I think it went well" I say shyly.

"Amazing! Then we truly do have something to celebrate. Where do you want to go?"

"Milkshakes?" I ask hopefully. I loved this chocolate milkshake from this place back in Chicago, I guess that's why I suggested it in instinct. Ryan and I used to go there after our big tests. I guess it's always been a way for me to destress, to consume sugar.

"Perfect. The tik tok milkshake guy would approve of us doi no milkshake Monday" he says.

"You're on tik tok" I say laughing

"Yeah beside how else am I supposed my young siblings" he says shrugging his shoulders. "Here play some music" he says handing me my phone to look through spotify. I play some Taylor Swift until we get to the place.

We park the car and walk into the restaurant and sit down at the bar. A waiter walks over and takes our order. I take and chocolate and Toni a cookies and cream. "So what's your username?" I ask him.

"On Tik Tok?" He asks and I nod. He reaches for my phone and I give it to him to type in. He then feels his phone vibrate and pulls it out reading a text. He laughs and I see a blush appears ever so slightly on his cheeks. He pulls his phone away so I can't see and texts something back and sets it down. He looks over at me and sees me staring.

Ryan starts to mouth along to the song jokingly and I start to laugh as he adds some dancing to it as well. He even goes as far to start whisper singing off key to me. As I continue to laugh, he reaches for my hands to get me to dance with him. Although Ryan continues to act like a crazed man I can see him check his phone out of the corner of his eye. Just like he always does, he doesn't want to show it, keeping up the image of a ladies man but when he likes a girl he wears his heart on his sleeve. The bartender sets down our milkshakes, filled to the brim with whipped cream and a cherry on top. As soon as he sets them down Ryan goes to steal my cherry like he always does, and just like I always do I go to slap his hand away.

But this time it's different, Ryan puts his cherry on top of mine. I stare at his hand and realize this is Toni, not Ryan. He might like the same milkshake, have the same tendencies when he likes a girl, goof off in the same way, sing along in the same way, but it wasn't him. I feel my eyes start to tear up. As much as I want to pretend I should leave them alone, I can't I miss them so much. I really hope they miss me too. I salty tear rolls down my face and I quickly take my sleeve to wipe it away before anyone notices but it's too late.

"Hey what's wrong kiddo?" He asks placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. Hearing him call me what dad used to call me, made my chest hurt more as I start to sob. "Let's take these to go and drive home alright" he says and I can barely nod. He sets down some bills and grabs our drinks as we walk out to the car. He opens my door and lets me in before walking to his side. He carefully reaches over to the glove box as if I'm a frightened bunny about to run and hesitantly gives me some tissues. The rest of the car ride is spent in silence besides my chocked sobs, and the quiet radio that does nothing to drown me out.

I know he doesn't know what to do, I get it, but it makes hug myself in an attempt to get smaller as I cry. Mamma always knew how to stop me crying, hugging me and turning on my favorite song, playing with my hair. Sometimes even giving me my stuffy. Maeve would even sometimes join our snuggles. If we were at home someone would always make hot chocolate with a smile made out of marshmallows. I cried even more missing them all more, and how we all knew to make hot chocolate if someone needed cheering up. I hope Dad is making some, but I don't think he is, something tells me he thinks Mamma is going walk through the door and make it for him.

As soon as the car parks in the houses garage, I run up to my room and throw myself on the bed. I take out my phone and dial the number I know by heart. After a few rings he answers, "This is Walsh" he says

"Dad" I say choking up sobs "I miss you"

"Elenora?! I do too. Kiddo can you tell me where you are?" He says panicked but relieved  to hear my voice. I'm about to respond but I hear a knock at the door.

"Hey Elenora. I'm sorry if I did something. I put your milkshake in the freezer. Ju-just come down whenever you are ready" he says and I sense that he might be crying too. I can the footsteps move farther away from the door.

"Elenora?" Dad says on the phone

"I can't tell you where I am, I don't want to get anyone in trouble"

"No one will be, please"

"Just please give Maeve some hot chocolate with-" he interrupts me before I can finish

"With the marshmallow smile" he sighs, "I will, I should've made her a hundred by now. I should have made you quite a few as well.
Please come home and I can do it. I can't fix it but it breaks my heart to imagine the tears on your face. Please"

"I love you Dad" I say and go to hang up.

"Wait Kiddo-" he cuts off as I end the call. I cry so hard my head hurts and the only thing I can do is hold my pillow to my chest and fall asleep.

***

Dante Point of View

After a long day of work I am exhausted but looking forward to sitting down with my siblings for dinner. As I walk in, I look to see who is around when I see Toni on the couch looking at his phone. He's the last person I thought I'd see, last he told me he was taking Elenora out to hang out. "What are you doing here?"

He jumps and turns around "After milkshakes she was upset so I'm giving her some time alone"

"Was it the exam, did I put too much pressure on her too soon?" I say taking my hand through my hair.

"She seemed okay about it. Said she thought she did okay. We were laughing and hanging out then suddenly she started to cry."

"Fuck" I say and sit down next to him. I can deal with my brothers and their moody teenage years but she was different, I've only known her a few days, and clearly there is something by else going on. I can't fix this issue so I decide to go back to my office and try to tackle a problem I can actually work on, the Irish.

Eventually, files are covering every surface of my desk when Toni comes to get me for dinner. When I make it to the dinning room I can instantly feel the tension in the room like steam trapped in a kettle. No one is talking, Toni looks concerning at Elenora whose eyes are puffy. Nico sits in silence but sends he glances every so often at her. The twins look at each other making conversation with their eyes, trying to price what happens between the rest of them. It doesn't help that Matteo isn't here to lighten the mood in the way he always manages to.

As soon as I go to sit down, I receive a call. I answer it and I suddenly gain everyone's attention. "Franco speaking"

"Hello this is the academy. We were able to grade Elenora's exam quickly. We request that she goes into another round of testing tomorrow for further placement"

"May I ask why" I say gripping the table hoping for good news.

"Usually this is good news and means the student did well, but I am not allowed to see or share results until after. Can she come in tomorrow?"

"Yes, I will tell her the news. Have a good night" I say before I hang up. I breath a sigh of relief know she is at some level to stay in the academy, meaning in high school.

"Elenora, congratulations they want to test you for further placement tomorrow" unfortunately she does not seem as nearly as excited for this news as I do.

***

Author's Note

Hope you enjoyed! Please vote
Comment what you think will happen next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 1.8K 46
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
78.8K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
38.6K 1.2K 8
សាច់រឿងមិនសាកសមសម្រាប់ក្មេងក្រោម(18+)មានពាក្យរោលរាលអាសអាភាស🔞
48K 117 17
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni