Unraveling Secrets

By Reading_Ig2

Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
A/N
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/N
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A/N
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N

Chapter 9

463 14 9
By Reading_Ig2

Nova

Lorenzo, Marcello, and I are currently squished in the back of yet another SUV. We are heading to their house in New York, which with the information I have received is probably an understatement. I am listening to my music staring at  what is ahead of me when we finally pull onto a long road that has a wall at the end. I already know it has a secrete gate. It can also only be opened from the other side or with a pass code. It is tall enough to where you could not climb over it unless you came prepared with the proper supplies, like a ladder. The barb wire that runs along the top is what is meant to keep unwanted people away, but me and Jax could easily get over it if we wanted to. 

I watch as the gate opens due to a guard on the other side. I decide to stir the pot a little bit so I speak up. "You guys sure do have a well made security for the outside. I don't even think the president is this secured." I say examining my surroundings. When my eyes catch ahold of the house, my gaze stays their for a moment. It is huge and gorgeous no doubt. But I can't help the familiar feeling that forms in me when I look at it.  

"We just like to be safe principessa. You never know what could happen with the types of people in this world." Lorenzo says to me. It kind of makes me want to laugh at that last sentence. Everyone in the backseat of this vehicle has killed several people without any remorse. I think we could qualify as 'the types of people in this world.' 

We get out of the car and walk up the the front door. Everything just feels familiar it is giving me the worse type headache. I wait for one of the boys to make the first move, because no way am I going to enter first. 

I am about to walk in AND live in a house full of men. 5 men that are my biological brothers that I know didn't existed until less then 24 hours ago. They are the mafia and will have guards in this house which means more men. Where are the women, like come on what about female guards they are badass, I mean look at me. I am DEFINITELY NOT a guard, that would be an insult to my existence. But the point is females can be more of a badass bitch then males. I mean think about it.... their are only a few female serial killers known in the world and plenty of unsolved murders. Doesn't that change the prospective? 

Anyways..

We walk into the house and it is as gorgeous as the outside. The marble floors are anything but quiet, and you can hear the echos it leaves when you walk on it. "Hey Principessa, I know this is probably overwhelming and figured you could relax in your room to get adjusted. Then meet everyone else at dinner? I can have your things dropped off to you as well, but this gives you a out for a little before everyone comes marching in and surrounding you." He says with a small smile. I nod my head and follow him up the stairs. 

He leads me to a door that has my name on it. He opens the door and steps aside to let me go in first. "I hope you like it, we weren't sure what you would be into as of now." I am astonished. My mouth is like a goldfish as I look around at everything. You could fit 20 of my old bedrooms into here. I see 2 doors which leads to a huge walk in closet which is still bigger then my old room. And the other door leads to a huge bathroom. "It's amazing, thank you Lorenzo." I say as I still look at everything. "I am glad you like it." He says. "Myself or Marcello will come back to get you for dinner. I am glad your back Sorellina." He says before closing my door softly leaving  me to gape at my room. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my things were dropped off in my room, I started organizing. I made a spot in the back of my closet for all of my weapons and made sure they were hidden. I didn't need the brothers finding anything out yet, as I do not know them. I have nothing against their Mafia, they do not do any form of human trafficking which is one thing I will never be okay with. I will kill anyone who ever thinks it is okay. That is why I never do any assassinations for certain mafias, or help out in anyway. Actually I probably am plotting my revenge on those said Mafias. 

I finished putting my clothes away in the closet, and my next step will be the stuff that needs to go in the bathroom. I sit down for a minute to go through the extra details Jax was sending my way. As I am doing so I hear a knock at my door. I look at the time to see it is already evening. The door cracks open, and then a head pokes through. Marcello steps into my room after he sees me, with a smile on his face. 

"Hey baby sis. I was just coming to get you for dinner. You ready to meet everyone?" He says to me while clasping his hands together. I give him a small nod in return while running my hands over my shirt, to make sure it doesn't wrinkle. 

I follow him out the door and down the large stair case. We walk through a open spaced hall, until we end up at these huge doors which the guards open for us. The dinning room we end up in is as nice and fancy as the rest of the house. Nothing disappointing is yet to be seen. Marcello guides me to a seat which I gladly sit in. I have been organizing for so long my feet could use the relief. As I sit I sense all pairs of eyes on me. Marcello, Lorenzo, and two others. I was told I had five brothers which means one is missing from the mix. Right on cue someone walks through the doors scratching the back of his head. He looks up and makes eye contact with me which causes him to halt in any movement. He stares at me for what seems like awhile before releasing an annoyed breath and walking to a seat. He drops in it and rolls his eyes. 

Interesting... 

"Alright now that everyone is here..." Lorenzo trails off. "How about everyone introduces themselves to Nova. As you already know I am your eldest brother Lorenzo, and I am 28 years old." He then looks at another one of the brothers and nods his head for him to speak. 

"Hello Nova, I am Matteo. I'm 24 and your second eldest brother. I am really glad to have you home Sorella." He says with a soft smile. I nod my head at him. He seems to hold a little hurt in his eyes probably because I didn't offer him anything in return. 

"Baby sis, as you already know I am Marcello and I am 19. Your third eldest brother." He says with a huge smile. The reason I call him smiley man is showing. I again nod in response.

"Hi! I I am Angelo technically your fifth, but I am a twin so does that really have an affect? I am not fully sure if it should count like that but Antonio thinks so-" He cuts himself off. "Sorry I was rambling... Anyway I am 18 years old, and you do not know how thrilled I am to have you back! We will have so much we have to do together!" He finishes saying, practically squealing. 

My eyes go wide at the amount of energy he holds, and all I can do is blink in response. I open my mouth but am at lost of words so I quickly close it. I shake my head and clear my throat. I hear light laughs coming from Mar, and Matteo. 

Did I really just give Marcello a nickname that isn't smiley man?

"Elio, We just got her back" Mar says between light laughs. "We don't need to scare her away already." He says and Angelo slightly blushes and mumbles a 'sorry.' 

"I believe we have one more introduction left." Lorenzo says slightly glaring at the boy sitting next to Angelo, his obvious twin. I can already tell they are opposites.

That twin rolls his eyes and lets out another annoyed breath. Like damn I ain't to happy to be in this situation either, but like you don't even know me you could at least fake it until you make it like me. "I am Antonio, and 18." He says like that was the hardest sentence he has ever said in his life. I raise my eyebrow at him before rolling my eyes and turning away. Two can play that game Antonio.

 The food is brought out to us by a couple maids and then set down in front of us. I tell the one who set mine down a quick 'thank you' which she returns with a smile. On the plate is pasta, but it looks fancied up which of course it is because of where I am. I twist the noodles around on my fork before taking a bite. It is safe to say the one thing I will be okay with while I am here is the food. I get halfway through my food before I get full and can't finish it. 

"Is there something wrong with the food principessa?" Lorenzo questions and now everyone's head turns back in my direction. Great.

"Nothing wrong Lorenzo, I am just full. There was a lot of food on my plate." I say in return. He just nods before putting his fork down. "I've been wanting to talk to you about why we met in a interrogation room Nova. I just wanted to give you a bit of time before asking. Wold you care to enlighten me?" He asks, and now everyone's forks are down. Well of course they want to know why their sister sat in a interrogation room.

"Didn't those at the station talk to you?" I say.

"Yes they did." 

"So you were already informed of the situation therefore it doesn't make a difference if it was to be repeated." I say void of any emotion.

"Well I would like to hear your side, I am sure the officers weren't aware of the circumstances before they arrived on the scene. Plus I hear you were very adamant about not speaking." He says with a light smirk at his last comment.

I let out a breath before speaking. "We just weren't on the same page that is all. Some people just don't understand the concept of 'no' so I taught him a lesson. I am sure next time he will be on the same page if ever in a situation like that again." I say so they understand what I meant without coming out and saying it. 

The mood changes, as now everyone is basically foaming at the mouth. "Care to share what you weren't on the same page about Sorella?" Matteo says as calmly as he can.

I look around at everyone at the table before saying, "it seems you already understand." 

Antonio speaks up with a scoff. "She probably was begging for something then backed out last minute, she probably does it often to." He says and everyone starts glaring at him.

"Are you implying something brother." I say with a dark smirk on my face saying 'say it.' It is also the first time I acknowledged they were my brothers, but it just seemed to fit right now. 

"Yeah that you are probably a whore and were asking for it." He says looking at me in the eye, then looking like he regret what he was saying. But he never tried to fix what he was saying, so how could he regret it?

"You are entitled to your own opinions."   I say before grabbing my plate and standing up. "Excuse me, I am getting tired so I am going to head to bed if that is alright." 

"Yes of course, we will talk more about rules and things tomorrow." Lorenzo says. I give him a nod before walking out of the room and towards where the maids came from with my plate. 

This was one way to meet people you don't remember... 

Word Count: 2128

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 692 47
His lost Tesoro ( Treasure ) Book one of His serie Isabel was only 5 months old when her family abandoned her at an orphanage or that's what she thin...
1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
14.5K 328 19
Aurelia moves in at 15 with her new found family after being apart for 14 years with no memories of them. She grew up in an abusive household so what...
113K 2.1K 54
Olivia was taken from her family at the age of 2 by her families rivals. She can't remember anything before then, the only thing she can remember is...