Fighting Society

By storiesxox05

Not many people understood 12 year old Jessica, as a person and an individual. That doesn't include, however... More

Hi Kiddo
I'm right beside you kiddo
Nothings wrong with you kiddo
Gosh kiddo
How about that Kiddo?
Yeah, alright Kiddo
Not trouble, chaos kiddo
You get to decide, kiddo
thank you very much kiddo
the kiddo did it
You wore kiddo out
Enjoy that, kiddo?
I didn't mean it kiddo
Oh dear, I found kiddo
I've got you kiddo
Go on kiddo, you got it
What do you want kiddo
It's actually alright here kiddo
Heard you'd be around kiddo
kiddo seems pretty content
kiddos brought another side out
Just run to her kiddo
kiddo can be crafty
I have to go kiddo
come with me kiddo
she's okay, kiddo
come on then kiddo
are you sure kiddo?
it's not your fault kiddo
kiddo misses you
I need to find kiddo
kiddo wasn't okay
i'm so sorry kiddo
normality back, kiddo
im staying with you kiddo
it's happened, kiddo
you're a bad influence on kiddo
Close your eyes kiddo
let it all out kiddo
kiddo cant figure herself out
Kiddo we're models
just feel bad for kiddo
kiddo made me
Love it when kiddo helps
lets take you back kiddo
you're such a Lego fiend kiddo
great shot kiddo
kiddo deserves love
bit confused there kiddo
kiddo needs help-part 1
kiddo needs help- part 2
kiddo needs help-part 3
you've got kiddo, who's got you?
kiddos safe
tell me about kiddo
let me talk to kiddo
work with us kiddo
we best head back to kiddo
kiddo can't be cured
hope to not see kiddo again
excited to see the girls kiddo?
kiddos flat out
look whos here kiddo
don't clam up kiddo
when you're ready kiddo
different help for kiddo?
a chaotic night with kiddo
a chaotic night without kiddo
don't swear around kiddo
kiddos evening with the team
kiddo needs you subbed off
stay calm kiddo
you're boring kiddo

kiddo broke her

2K 63 3
By storiesxox05

It was the final few days of camp, the girls having to spend some time in the gym in preparation for their game against Norway the next day. It was a usual occurrence, having to do some gym work each matchday minus 1, but it didn't make it any less boring for Jessica. All of the girls were so focused on each task, having their own miniature discussions, that usually Jess didn't really have anybody to bother other than her sister.

However, the difference between this gym day, and the others she had attended since being at camp, was that Jess had quickly distinguished how awesome each of the girls were, and had decided that this time, she would find a way to annoy practically all of them. Or, as many as she could get round to. 

She had decided to start the day off with the people who had become her group since she had joined her sister at the camp, who as usual, were all causing some kind of chaos, or just plain dopiness in Lauren's case. 

"Nah, I don't think I can do it Niamh, it's too heavy, you've got to remember I'm just a little forward player."

"That means nothing Hempo."

"It does, honestly, I don't need strength."

"You're a football player, of course you need strength."

"Can you please just lighten it up Niamh, I'm not being funny anymore."

"Oh Lauren girl..."

"Niamh I said I'm not being funny."

"They're already at the lightest they would go to."

"No way you're lying, get Es.
ES! HEY ES! Come here will you?"

"What do you want?"

"What weight are these?"

"They're 14kg Hempo"

"Fuck"

"Hey! There are little ears Lauren, I will not be having this-"

"Hey Jess, come tell Es to fuck off."

"Fuck off Es."

"Oh I am done with this."

"Bye Es, love you!"

"Love you too Jess"

Lauren and Niamh continued their bickering, the two of them just giggling away at each other as Jess continued moving around, deciding not to stand between the two of them. She could hear Rachel and Millie's booming voice from half way across the gym, jogging over to find them stood with both Alex and Meado.

"Hey look, even kiddos come to join us!"

"Heyyyyy kiddo, how'd you feel about joining in with some karaoke?"

"Hmm, what song?"

Before even being given an opportunity for an answer, Jessica found Millie forcing a hair brush into her hands, before hearing the track for "mountain deep, river high" Rachel starting to belt her hear out. She could only stand in shock, watching as the girl hit the high notes, before Beth leant over, whispering in her ear, 

"we have to join in with the chorus kid. Backing singers and all that."

She let out a small chuckle, before hearing the beginning of the chorus, moving herself to stand in line beside Millie and Beth, the three of them creating a little horizontal line behind Rachel, side stepping in time with each other as they clicked their fingers. Before she knew it, Jess was singing the backing tracks to the song in time with the other two, Alex simply stood with her head in her hands as she watched the group of them sing their hearts out, the scene going unnoticed by the rest of the team. A karaoke session at least once a gym workout was practically normal by now. If anything, it was more unusual for Rachel and Millie did not break out into song. It reached the end of the track as the young girl slipped away from the impromptu choir, who had already begun to decide on her next track, before skipping over to the next group that stood along from them. 

She made her way to Alessia, Ella, Grace, Maya and Katie, where they all seemed to be in a heated debate. It seemed incredibly important, the young girl uncertain whether she wanted to be involved, until she got closer.

"Look, I'm not having a laugh yeah Zel, but they said if the cut had gone any deeper, they'd have to amputate my finger."

"Tooney, girl you literally said a second again that if it had gone deeper you'd need stitches, and now it would have to be amputated."

"These things deteriorate quickly, you see."

Jess just poked her head round to observe the group of girls, Tooney stood centre circle, holding her index finger to them all, a small white plaster wrapped round her finger, waving it in the air.

"Look, Jess is here, she'll be able to tell us all-"

"Tell you all what?"

"Here, let me tell you kiddo, basically right, I was in this heroic dash, there was an issue and I had to chase after something, so there I am, running after them, putting my full effort into it, I had to jump a fence, catching my finger on the top of it, tearing my finger off my hand, catching up to the thing, like the hero I am. I really badly injured it, I actually lost my finger, but you know, anything to help the community."

The young girl raised an eyebrow, turning to face Alessia for the actual answer.

"She was trying to cut some grapes, missed the grape, cut the finger. Cried loads. Caught a bit of skin, tiny bit of bloody, kept complaining she was going to faint. The medics ended up telling her to get over herself."

The group couldn't help but laugh at the retelling of the story, Ella going off in a tantrum after nobody believed her heroic story, before Jess continued moving, making her way over to the final group, who, unlike the others she had come across, were actually sat, completing a work out. She went and stood herself next to Lucy, who was punching a boxing bag, watching intrigued, as Keira, Leah and LJ were each doing their different exercises around her. She gave Leah a quick side hug, before going back to watching Lucy's boxing, the fullback taking note of the young girls interest.

"You ever done boxing before kid?"

She only shook her head in response, as Lucy moved over to grab a pair of gloves, as well as some boxing pads, placing them over the kids hands.

"Right, come on then, I'll teach you to do some sparring."

"Lucy that's my younger sister you're working with."

"I'm aware of that Leah. I'd be slightly concerned if it was a random young girl."

"No, what I mean is, don't absolutely deck her."

"Nah I won't don't you worry."

"Luce your fist is literally in her face at the moment-"

"She's incredibly small, that's just where her face makes it up to."

"Still here Luce. I am still here. I can hear everything you're saying."

The Barcelona player began to run the kid through the basic techniques of boxing, as they spent their passing hours learning how to spar, the kid loving every single second of it.

~

Jess stood to her feet, watching as her older sister lead the Lionesses out to a friendly match against Norway. A small smile spread across her face, as she joined the rest of the stadium in applauding the girls, but mostly Leah. She felt Esme reach across to pat her shoulder, with Niamh on the other side taking a photo of the young girl that is surely going to be sent to Leah later. Not that she was all that bothered this time; it was the first occurrence in a while where she was prepared, and even excited to watch Leah play. She took her seat as the girls moved for kick off, sporting her "Williamson" England top, and even the England bucket hat, with a pair of Nike shorts on.

"Are you not absolutely freezing Jess?"

"Es you are literally in a pair of shorts as well."

"Ah, I suppose I am."

Both her and Niamh giggled at the conversation, before changing their attention to watch the game commence, with Alessia taking kick off, the Norwegians pressing in immediately. It wasn't as if England weren't prepared for that start. Or at least, Jess.

~

Jess found herself just wandering in circles whilst the girls were on media duty, having decided to not join them in the hall. It was too much effort if she was being honest, and there was no point in facing the journalists who would ultimately make her life a living hell. So, instead she found herself just wandering the St George's grounds, passing Sarina in her travels.

"Ah, Miss Jessica. Do you mind if I borrow you for a moment?"

She'd be lying if she said she hadn't panicked at the question, knowing that was usually the statement used if she'd done something wrong, but followed the manager into her office none the less, taking a seat opposite her.

"Right, so, as you are most likely aware, we face Norway in a few days time, and I need some help gathering the tactics together."

A small smile came across her face as she nodded her head eagerly, awaiting for Sarina to continue.

"Brilliant. So, having watched Norway play, Hege Riise often alters her team to depend on their opponent that they're playing; she plays no two matches the same."

The young girl found herself almost immediately linking the pieces of information together in her brain, as Sarina listed her way through them, connecting up the minor facts to contribute to her understanding. 

"They have some prominent attacking players that'll pose as our biggest threats. The likes of Ada Hegerberg, Caroline Graham Hansen, Guro Reiten and Ingrid Engen are some of their biggest names that carry a style of football that'll force us back. Riise however has recently developed a style where defensive play is key."

"Surely that doesn't make sense?"

"Well, no not really. But that's not our place to comment. She has recently implemented a 4-3-3 or has even been seen to play a 5-3-1 at times, which is certainly a decision. It's actually a rather cynical approach."

"So she plays defensively despite having some of the worlds best up front."

"Exactly, which her players have spoken up about. Both myself and Arjan therefore believe that some of the big names will not be starting tonight, as we think Riise will decide to follow a defensive play style due to the nature of how we often line up."

"It would make sense to alter our own line up then. A defensive play from Norway would mean they would be creating less chances, or even coming through as they won't be able to play out from the back. Their counter attacks would be quick, but few of them."

"Yes, I believe so."

"Then rather than following a usual 4-3-3, you could turn it into a 3-5-3. Push the fullbacks into wing backs. It allows Lucy to get up to play a more attacking role, creates more chances to break the defensive low block for Norway. 3 centre backs would be enough to stop 1 attacking player, especially if you play someone with a pace."

"That makes a lot of sense young lady. If we play the wing backs up, then it also gives opportunity for them to fall back if needed. It also gives us tactical awareness, Norway are a technical, and speed ridden team."

"Which means physicality would not be the way to go."

"That... that's perfect Jess, incredible."

They spent the next few hours working out, Jess learning a lot from Sarina, as they altered around different positions according to the playing styles of specific individuals compared to Norwegian names they believed to be lined up. The both of them found themselves enjoying each others company, embracing their different takes on the tactics of the footballing world.

~

Jess sat beside Esme and Niamh, watching as Norway laid out the exact game plan that her and Sarina had discussed; 5-3-1, using Hegerberg as a lone striker, pushing Reiten into the defensive midfielder out of position, Engen into centre back out of position, leaving Mjelde, and Graham Hansen on the bench. It allowed the girls to exploit the spaces that were going to be left in the midfield as a result of the defensive play, which Jess watched in awe as they did. She couldn't take her eyes off the match, except for when she saw the gaffer turn from her box, looking for somebody on the subs bench. 

"Why's Sarina looking at the subs bench? Surely the 28th minute would be a ridiculous time to make a sub?"

"Ah Es don't freak out or anything but she's looking over here."

"Niamh why would we be subbed-
Jess girl she's waving at you."

The young girl directed her attention towards Sarina, who was actually beckoning the young girl down to her managerial box, turning to face Esme.

"Come with me, please Es."

"It's just Sarina, kiddo."

"Please Es."

The defender sighed, standing up to offer the young girl her hand as they made their way down the stairs to the managers box, where Sarina was making her way over to the pair. The game was already at 3-0, despite it now reaching the 30th minute, meaning she was okay to take her eyes off the play for a bit, turning to face the kid.

"Jessica, you're game plan has been incredible."

"Thank you."

"What do you think about it so far?"

"I think it's working."

"What about half time?"

"Norway will probably make some changes. But, I don't see Graham Hansen even remotely prepared, so I don't think she'll be played. She's one of few attacking players. I don't think they were ready for a change in game style on our behalf."

"So, do you think we should keep it the same?"

"After half time? Yes. But maybe it's good to rotate after the 60th minute. If we maintain the lead."

"Why's that Jessica?"

"A lead against Norway is impressive. It would also be a good time to introduce younger players to bigger teams."

"Ah that's good young lady. You've impressed me so much with your football knowledge."

"Thank you."

"No problem, Miss Jessica. Why don't you head back up to the subs bench now. Thank you for accompanying her Esme."

Jess turned in her heels to return to her seat, watching Esme's mouth left wide open in shock at the whole conversation she had just witnessed, Jess all but dragging the defender back to her seat to watch the final few minutes of the match. She placed herself beside Niamh once more, waiting for Esme to sit back down, her mouth still agawp.

"Uh, kiddo, you seem to have broken Esme."

"Nah she's fine. You're fine aren't you Esme?"

"Jess how-"

"See, she's fine."

"Jess just, she was, she just, it was, and then, oh but then, instead she, it was incredible!"

"Es, girl. None of those were actual sentences. None of them were even words. You just blubbered." 

"I was convinced I was talking."

"Well, you weren't"

"But Niamh, I just-
Her and Sarina had a whole conversation about tactics. The girls brain is massive!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! She did the game plan for tonight's match with Sarina."

"Nah, you're having me on here. The game plan where we're 3-0 up at half time against a top 10 team?"

"Yeah!"

Jess simply watched as the two players were debating whether she had actually helped the the tactics, focussing her attention on the game instead, in attempt to avoid the attention being on her. It made her feel wanted, to help out with the planning, but also gave her an opportunity to expand her knowledge further. She may not be a massive fan of school, but she loved learning, and her time with Sarina, and focussing on tactics, definitely offered her that opportunity. She waited until the two players either side of her shut up, with the game reaching half time, as she remained in her seat, watching as they all made their way down to the field to warm up whilst the outfield players went into the changing rooms. Not before poking her head over the side, to watch Leah head into the changing rooms.

"Le! Le!"

The older woman looked up to see who was calling for her attention, seeing her baby sister leaning over the side, smiling her usual cheeky grin. She blew her a kiss, one that was reciprocated as she headed inside, watching her younger sister disappear into the distance, content with the idea that she was happy, and calm.

~

The game ended up with an 8-0 result to England, thanks to goals from Georgia, Lauren, Beth, Alessia and LJ. Jess followed the girls onto the pitch as the full time whistle blew, making her way over to Hempo with Niamh and Esme, the latter teasing Lauren for her slightly odd goal. She had gone running in for a header, which had crossed the line, the winger flying into the goal post at the same time. Despite the subs bench gasping at the collision, the three of them all had to bit their lips to stop themselves laughing as they witnessed Hempo stand up, playing it off as if nothing happened to try and celebrate her goal. It was something they were never going to let her live down.

They followed the other girls into the team huddle, ensuring to teaser Lauren the whole way over, as the squeezed in between everyone else, Jess looking up to send her older sister a small smile, who stood opposite her on the other side of the huddle, sending one back. It was the usual talk, Sarina congratulating the girls, and the scorers.

"It's been lovely these past two weeks girls. And I can't tell you how proud I am, especially of how brilliant a score line against such a big team."

"Well, it was all thanks to your tactics Sarina!" A voice called out from the huddle.

"No, no I can't take all the credit for that. A very intelligent young lady helped me out with that."

"Ah, Sarina stop flattering me. I don't remember helping you with the tactics though."

"No, Rachel, I didn't mean you. Miss Jessica over there is all to thank for the intelligence behind tonight. She was incredible."

The young girl just looked to her shoes, shuffling her feet into the ground as she felt her cheeks flush, a vocal shock coming from the team huddle at the information. She wasn't to much of a fan of the attention being on her, fidgeting over to Esme a little further, burrowing her head into the side of the defender as the rest of the girls put their hands in.

It was the final time that the England squad were seeing each other, departing to go back to their clubs once they leave the stadium, and so each of the girls were saying their goodbyes to one another as they exited the field, Jess sticking with Niamh, Esme and Lauren.

"It's been incredible getting to know you kid."

"Yeah, Jess, you're awesome kiddo. Never forget that."

"Thanks for building Lego with us. And talking about Harry Potter. And for just... well being you I suppose kid."

She looked up at the three of them, as they all pulled each other into a hug together.

"Thank you for looking out for me."

"Anytime kiddo. You're stuck with us now. We'll have to organise something when Arsenal come to loose against City or Chelsea."

"You mean win, but sure."

"Ah, in your dreams kid."

"Sorry Hempo, but what was the last City Arsenal score?"

The silence from both Lauren and Esme was deafening, as the kid began to laugh at the response.

"Exactly!"

"And, what was the Chelsea result against both their teams? My point exactly. Chelsea on top."

"Oh shove off Niamh." 

The three of them all retorted, laughing at each other as they strolled their way into the changing rooms.

A/N 

England camp over :(

it'll be back soon enough im sure

(idk why i say that as if im not the one writing the chapters)

a bug flew into my eye today and i thought i was dying except i wasn't there was just a bug in my eye

just thought you deserved to know that.

🕺💃💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1.2K 25
Gracie Adam's is a troubled 14 year old in need of love. When Gracie meets a couple in her most desperate times does she find the love she's always l...
85.8K 1.7K 20
there's a new manager at arsenal. what happens when his spoilt stuck up daughter is forced to spend time with leah williamson
346K 7.9K 128
This is going to be my second one shot/imagine book, so many of you wanted me to make another one after finishing my first one, so here you go:) I'll...
34.3K 630 17
Fanfics about my favourite WOSO players Tumblr: jadeysjasmine