MASTERMIND | spencer reid

By yourloveO

i swear, i'm only cryptic and machiavellian cause I care. Agent Lucy Byrne is damn good at her job. She's m... More

001: the rise of Lucy Byrne.
002: a blast from the past.
003: chivalry's dead.
004: please, please, please.
005: promises, promises.
006: questions for the doctor.
007: quarantined in a bad dream.
008: M is for Molly.
009: hides like a child, always a woman.
010: Fire, take me home.
011: you think I'm gone 'cause I left?
act 2!
012: i can do it with a broken heart.

act one!

467 10 2
By yourloveO

MASTERMIND.

MARIANNE TUCKER IS DEAD.

When Marianne Tucker was young, she believed she knew all there was to know. Grasping a wealth of knowledge, obtained from the written words of the most esteemed novelists and poets, through the guidance of the few teachers that tolerated her, and simple (well, complex really for a girl in her preteen years) brain-stimulating activities completed in her own leisure, you would think a clever girl like her had all the answers.

She wasn't well liked. In her own naivety, she hadn't even noticed.

Growing up in a small town, of dull and lacklustre events, it's bored residents needed something to frenzy over. Bethany Tucker, turned Bethany Byrne, was just that. Marianne was shunned as a consequence of unavoidable association. In her kind, naive, stupid, ever-loving heart, she pitied her mother long before she hated her. Long before a necklace of bad fortune had been twisted around her neck, choking her, reminding her. Of where she came from. Of who she was. Of who she couldn't escape. Of what.

Her father was a quite different, quite complicated story (for another time, perhaps?).

All in all, it was later decided by Marianne that she knew nothing. But she could learn.

And that she did.

[best read in 
Page colour: white
Font: Times New Roman
Font size: any]
but tbh just read however you like

🌟STARRING:

THE FOUNDER OF THE 'SPENCER REID DEFENCE CLUB', 'an insufferable, finger-gunning loving idiot who frequently breaks out into song.'

(zoey deschanel as marianne lucy byrne.)

P AND LOO, 'A gift exchanging, running through airports, code-naming their crushes' kind of love.

HER BOTHER-FIGURE, 'an italian with a mansion and a b*tch who ridicules his cooking' kind of love.

CAPTAIN DAD, 'a stern, unsmiling boss who swears he doesn't have a favourite, and an enigmatic girl he has a soft spot for' kind of love.

EM AND LUCE, 'a noirette with an understanding for why some secrets must remain so and a faux blonde (whom she kissed once when tipsy) with a similar understanding."

DICK AND LOO-LOO, 'they hate each other, they love each other, they hate each other, they'd die for each other' kind of love

SMART BLONDE AND SMARTER BLONDE, a 'small-town girls say 'I love this song' after every song on their woman made cd plays, adamant one can never be too old for sleepovers' kind of love.

Lucy had always been told that she was one of a kind. 'I've never met anyone like Lucy." That phrase had flown around more times than not. It was yet to be determined whether it was entirely a compliment or an insult. For she was boisterous. She was moody, and snappish, and petty, and messy. She had a razor sharp tongue and a masterful wit (she took pride in her comedic timing being downright impeccable). Her fashion was frazzled, her hair often untameable. Her smile crooked, her laugh ringing loud (imitating a cackle rather than a pleasant giggle). But she was also really fucking underestimated, because more than anything, she was clever.

She was quick. She adapted. She outsmarted. Where thinking outside of the box was concerned, she was so far away from it that the box resembled a mere dot. Every possible outcome calculated and every conceivable problem with a solution (and that was before the jet had even landed). She was good, Hotch knew this.

Spencer Reid, pushing his few-of-a-kind intelligence and perpetually crooked ties (they drove Lucy insane) aside, had considered himself an above amateur magician of sorts, but the night she had pulled the 'eye-lash trick' (store this in mind; it's a very important part of their story) on him, her whole being shone in a completely different light.

DR. OWL, 'friends who act like lovers, lovers who act old and married, I'll keep a framed photo of us on my desk, I'll let you cut my hair,' kind of love.

(TROPE: idiots to lovers.)

LUCY BYRNE VARIANTS:

~🎀~

LUCY BYRNE's IDOLS

(yes, that is a muppet. Lucy happens to think Janice is very cool, 'Kay? Kay.)

MARIANNE LUCY BYRNE:playlist!

(tbc)

rip lucy byrne , you would've loved mitski.

(okay, judging the moodboards above, even the stupidest of you can probably guess how this story will pan out: pure chaos with a side of cheesy romance. I don't know how to make things aesthetically pleasing, okay? But this will do.)

(I think it's obvious this book will contain many heavy themes, such as: sexual themes, violence and gore, death, sexual assault, and other triggering themes that you would expect to see in an ep of criminal minds. Please read this book with that in mind and if these subjects could cause you harm, please don't read this book.

I also do not own criminal minds, obvi. All rights go to the creators. I merely own my oc's, any dialogue and storylines I add on.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 3.5K 40
What if the Spencer Reid that the team knew wasn't the real Spencer Reid? What if there was a Spencer that nobody would even imagine when they looked...
6.4K 494 10
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐎𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 - kennedy johnson, a girl on a mission, to take down spies despite being one herself. the...
289K 5.8K 38
Spencer is missing and it's up to the BAU to get him back. But when her and the team digs up information on him they weren't meant to see, it turns h...
183K 5K 53
𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓.. 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛 𝚁𝚎𝚒𝚍 was ready for a change in the monotony of his life, but didn...