selenophile || remus lupin

By officialmerlinsbeard

ophelia black is scared. she won't admit it, but she's terrified. she's scared to hurt the people she loves... More

aesthetics + a/n
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
chapter fifty three
chapter fifty four
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
chapter fifty nine
chapter sixty
chapter sixty one
chapter sixty two
chapter sixty three
chapter sixty four
chapter sixty five
chapter sixty six
chapter sixty seven
chapter sixty eight
chapter sixty nine
chapter seventy
chapter seventy one
chapter seventy two
chapter seventy three
chapter seventy four
chapter seventy five
chapter seventy six
chapter seventy seven
chapter seventy eight
chapter seventy nine
chapter eighty
chapter eighty one
chapter eighty two
chapter eighty three
chapter eighty four
chapter eighty five
chapter eighty six
chapter eighty seven
chapter eighty eight
chapter eighty nine
chapter ninety
chapter ninety one
chapter ninety two
chapter ninety three
chapter ninety four
chapter ninety five
chapter ninety six
chapter ninety seven
chapter ninety nine

chapter ninety eight

154 8 3
By officialmerlinsbeard

October 26th, 1977

The cool autumn air of Hogsmeade was filled with a festive cheer as Remus and Ophelia walked hand-in-hand through the village. Ophelia shivered through her sweater, which was technically Remus' that she had stolen from his closet. He looked down at her and grinned.

"How about a butterbeer to warm you up?" he asked, his breath creating small clouds in the cold air.

"Sounds perfect," she told him.

The warmth of the crowded pub enveloped them as they stepped inside. They found a cozy corner table away from loud chatter and settled in. Once Remus came back with two butterbeers, he sat down.

"Thank you, Moon Boy," Ophelia hummed.

"Ophelia," Remus started. "Did you notice anything strange about Sirius this morning?"

Ophelia looked up from her sip, surprised by the sudden change in topic. "Siri? No, not really. Why?"

"I think he's hiding something from us. Or someone, so to speak."

"Someone?" Ophelia asked, highly intrigued. "As in, he's found himself a loverboy?"

"I'm not sure," Remus replied conspiratorily. "He was acting rather odd in the dorm this morning. Putting more effort into how his hair looked. It's probably nothing, just Sirius being Sirius. He's always fixing his hair. But I can't help but shake the feeling that he had something planned today."

"Well, I'm sure he would be somewhere in the castle. He was banned from coming to Hogsmeade this week, and he wouldn't sneak out without the map, which you have, right?"

Remus smirked down at her and pulled the map out of his bag. "Safekeeping," he said.

They spread the map across the table, making sure no one around them saw it. Remus muttered, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," and its intricate lines and labels came to life.

"There he is," Ophelia pointed to a minuscule pair of footprints on the seventh floor. She traced the path of Sirius' dot through the castle until it stopped in a deserted corridor. Almost immediately, another pair of footprints appeared on the opposite side of the hallway. Ophelia's eyes followed the movement.

"Who's that with him? Phillip Alderton? Do you know him?"

Remus furrowed his brow. "Phillip Alderton," he muttered to himself. "Oh! He's in our year, a Ravenclaw. I don't know him well but he's always seemed nice enough. He's the kid in our charms class who dyes his hair different colors every other week."

"Oh, I know who that is. Sweet kid. He-"

Ophelia stopped mid-sentence though, as when she looked back down at the map, the two footprints were almost directly on top of each other and unmoving.

She glanced back up at Remus with a surprised laugh. "Loverboy wasn't too far off," Remus laughed. When they looked back down at the map, however, neither name nor footprint was anywhere to be found. Ophelia checked the location of the corridor they were last in and slapped a hand over her mouth.

"Holy shit. They're in the room of requirement. Oh my god, Rem, put the map away! I do not need to be seeing this right now. This is my brother we're talking about."

Remus laughed and folded the map back up, muttering "Mischief managed," as he shoved it back into his bag. Soon after they had finished their drinks, and were deciding where to go next, the decision was made for them.

A silvery wisp of light materialized before them, coalescing into the majestic form of a phoenix. Remus recognized it instantly -- a patronus. But this was no ordinary patronus; it was Professor Dumbledore's.

The bird flew around their table once, causing the other pubgoers to give them strange looks, but neither of them had the time to be embarrassed before Dumbledore's calm, steady voice echoed quietly in the air.

"Remus, Ophelia. I apologize for interrupting your Hogsmeade rendezvous, but I urgently request your presence in my office. It is a matter of great importance."

The bird faded away and Remus and Ophelia exchanged a bewildered look before quickly paying the tab and heading out the door.

Once they made their way up to Hogwarts, the castle seemed to hold its breath as they navigated its familiar corridors, their footsteps echoing in the almost empty halls.

Upon reaching Dumbledore's office, they were greeted by the familiar gargoyle guarding the entrance. The stone guardian stepped aside, revealing the winding staircase that led to the headmaster's quarters.

Dumbledore's office was a peculiar blend of eccentricity and wisdom, filled with curious artifacts and shelves lined with ancient books. The headmaster, seated behind his desk, looked up with a twinkle in his eyes as Remus and Ophelia entered. As she looked around, she noticed all of her friends in the office as well.

Her first thought: was this some sort of intervention?

Her second thought:

"Whatever happened, professor, I swear to Godric it wasn't me. This time it really wasn't," she said.

"You're not in trouble, Miss Black," Dumbledore said. "Thank you for coming so promptly, though. That goes for all of you."

"Professor, what's this urgent matter you spoke of?" asked Lily, curiosity etched across her face. She stood next to Marlene and Alice, all sharing the same expression.

Dumbledore's expression, however, grew somber. "I'm afraid it concerns the fate of our world. The Dark Lord, as you know, is gaining strength. I'm sure you've all heard of the Death Eaters," he said, his eyes finding Ophelia's. "I've had the privilege of forming a group to counter its influence. I call it the Order of the Phoenix."

The group stood in silence for several seconds, unsure of if he was still talking or if he was waiting for one of them to say something.

"Professor, sir, what has that got to do with us?" James asked tentatively.

"Ah, Mister Potter. A wonderful question, my boy. The answer to that is: everything. The eight of you students are the best in your year, some of the best of your age. The gravity of the situation weighs down on us, and the need for talented witches and wizards to join the fight against the growing darkness increases more each day. I believe you students have the ability to defeat Lord Voldemort, if only you'll join us and be the light in the darkness of this world."

As Dumbledore spoke, Ophelia felt a mix of emotions churning within her. The weight of responsibility pressed down on her shoulders, and she couldn't help but glance at Remus who was listening intently. When Dumbledore finished his pitch, the room fell into a heavy silence. It was Sirius who broke it.

"I'm in," he said.

"So am I," James added.

Peter, Marlene, and Alice quickly added their approval.

Ophelia spoke up next, her voice firm with conviction. "Professor Dumbledore. With all due respect, we are still students. We still have schooling. Are you not trying to get children to fight in a war? It may be a burden on all of us, and we have lost too many people that we have known, but is it not your responsibility to fight this until we come of age? You are forgetting that we are still children."

"Miss Black, I appreciate your concern, but you have to remember that you are not just children. You are all special in ways that I will never be able to fully understand. The times we find ourselves in require extraordinary measures. The Order believes in the strength and potential of young wizards and witches like yourselves. You have the power to make a difference."

"I'll join too," Remus said.

"But, sir, I still don't understand," said Lily. "Why should we be the ones to bear the burden of this war effort?"

Dumbledore leaned forward, his piercing gaze darting between Lily and Ophelia. "Because, my dears, it is often the young who bring about change. You possess a resilience and purity of heart that can tip the scales in our favor. The Order of the Phoenix needs individuals who are willing to fight for a brighter future."

Ophelia felt a mixture of admiration and skepticism. She glanced at Lily who also seemed to be wrestling with her emotions. Dumbledore continued to weave his persuasive words, appealing to their sense of duty and destiny. As the minutes passed, Ophelia found herself nodding in agreement, the gravity of the situation settling over her. Lily spoke up, officially joining the cause.

The desire to be a part of something greater, to stand against her parents in a way that they would not be able to ignore her swelled within her. Ophelia, despite her initial reluctance, seemed to be succumbing to the persuasive charm of Dumbledore's words.

"I am not my parents," Ophelia said. "I'll help in whatever way I can."

a/n: WERE SO BACK (it has been a year and a half)

what have i missed? i've missed yall

don't expect this to be a regular thing. i'm hoping that i'll be able to actually finish this sometime before i graduate in a few months but chances are i'll start writing the next few chapters and decide to do something else. if anyone wants to help write, please dm me!! 

i love you all, please stay safe and happy xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 734 38
She was tired, she was so bloody tired of it all. From the constant nagging and picking and pulling to the waking up at 6 am everyday to do that stup...
4.3M 149K 89
"You should tell him, you know," a familiar voice softly said from behind her. "I know you love him." "Remus," she began turning around to face her...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
1.8M 48.8K 179
โœพ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโœพ โœงแดแด€ส€แด€แดœแด…แด‡ส€s แด‡ส€แด€โœง ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฉ...