πƒπžπ›π­ 𝐨𝐟 π“πžπ¦π©π­πšπ­οΏ½...

De SavannaWritess

"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Rem... Mais

Author's Note and Aesthetics
Prologue
1. missed target
2. dark suite
3. fear
4. suspicious
5. good job
6. liar
7. beautiful
8. drown
9. trapped
10. questions
12. eyes
13. torture
14. personal
15. blood
16. safety
17. tipsy
18. exquisite
19. celebrations
20. sadist
21. dare
22. avoid
23. riding
24. confusion
25. jealous
26. safety
27. hot
28. jet
29. family
30. secrets

11. smiling

3.9K 101 51
De SavannaWritess

GABRIEL DALTON

Lonzo has been out all day 'sorting' someone out. But what he really means is torturing someone to spill information. He told me not to come, which I obliged. He can be vicious and unfair sometimes but that's just Lonzo.

Alexia also turns a blind-eye. She's slowly learning to get used to it but I know she knows what he's doing. It will never get easier for her. She was never meant to be a part of this lifestyle. Sadly she fell in love with the fucker.

The question is how and I'll never understand. Or want to know.

For the entire morning I've been sitting at the kitchen counter, sorting through Lonzo's work whilst he's away. I'm used to it now, especially after their extended holiday. I don't mind doing it but staying at home is a mundane task. I prefer getting out and getting my hands dirty.

Alexia approaches the counter at some point in the afternoon. I smile at her and lower my laptop. "Everything okay?" I ask.

She hums simply. "Just doing some reading for uni work but I'm getting bored and my eyes hurt."

"How was your date night?" I ask as she perches on the stool in front of me.

"Amazing," her eyes light up with surprise. I never really ask about what they do together in their spare time but slowly I'm becoming used to the idea. I want her to know that I'm somewhat interested because I can't be bitter for the rest of my life. "It was so beautiful and the food was delicious. What did you do?"

I stare at my sister for a few moments. "I invited Poppy round."

"You what?"

"She wanted to learn how to cook, so I invited her to learn." I shrug and focus back on my work, pushing the lid back open. "She was free and I thought whilst you guys were out, it would be a good opportunity."

I can feel Alexia's gaze burn into my forehead. I'm ready for the interrogation.

"Do you like her?" She asks and I glance up to find her eyebrows wiggling suggestively in my direction.

My forehead creases. "I don't know her well enough," I admit. Which is true. "She seems lonely and when you abandoned her the other day, I felt guilty. She was hungry so I offered to make her food. There isn't much more to it."

Poppy is a hard shell to crack. She doesn't let on how she's feeling. Yet her eyes tell a thousand different stories. A mystery I'm determined to figure out.

At first I was sceptical about her. Now I'm certain she's a lost soul in a cruel world.

Hell knows I want to find out. Even if I shouldn't. Even though it's none of my damn business, I'm too nosy to stay out of it.

I'm not even entirely sure if I buy her story on arguing with a friend. Why wouldn't she just say that in the first place? I guess some people are more secretive than others and doesn't want to showcase her business as gossip.

Maybe I'm reading into things far too much.

We're two completely different people.

Alexia hums after a few moments, dragging my attention back to her. "She's gorgeous," she comments freely. I watch as she stands from the stool and begins to make a cup of coffee. "Her red hair is to die for."

"I know." I say without hesitation.

My sister glances at me over her shoulder, a soft smile on her lips. "I need to make it up to her about the other day. I feel so bad. Lonzo was in such a bad way and now I realise it was rude of me."

The coffee machine starts to buzz loudly, Alexia twists and folds her arms over her chest before leaning into the counter. I lean onto my elbows and flick my eyes across her face slowly. "I have a feeling she hasn't got anyone close around her."

"I agree," Alexia's eyes droop with sadness. "I feel like something bad has happened to her. I've noticed that sometimes when I'm around her, she flinches unexpectedly. Her eyes always wander as if she's trying to suss everyone out. She's never settled, although she acts like she is."

If Alexia can pick up on it, then I'm not going crazy. "With the bruising on her face last week and the scars on her knuckles. She's been through something or is still going through something but she's very closed off."

"Then we can't push her to open up," she sighs and turns back to her coffee. "That's the last thing she needs, us interfering in her life. If she wants to tell us, when she's ready, then that's up to her. But who knows, nothing might be wrong and she's actually okay. We can't just accuse, it might push her away. And I don't want to lose her when she's the only friend I have."

I stare at the back of her head. Knowing that doing nothing could be adding to the problem.

Although I don't want to be the reason why Alexia loses her friend.

My phone buzzes next to my laptop. I expect to see Lonzo's name pop up but when I see Poppy's, I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think she would be the first to text after last night.

Poppy: I really enjoyed cooking together yesterday, you're right, it's good for a distraction.

Gabriel: What do you want to learn to make next?

Poppy: Something with spice, maybe a Mexican dish. I've always wanted to experiment with something like that.

Gabriel: We can do that. I've got the perfect recipe. It's easy but tasty.

Poppy: Can't wait to try it. Thank you. As long as it's okay to come back.

Gabriel: I said I'd offer and I'm not the type of man to go back on my word.

Poppy: I really appreciate it, you have no idea.

"Is that her?" Alexia asks, dragging my attention away from the screen.

For a moment I forgot I wasn't alone. I flick my gaze to her and nod, locking the phone. "Yeah."

Alexia's lips twist to the side in a knowing smile. "You were smiling at your phone."

"No I wasn't." I say defensively.

Her eyes roll at the same time her eyebrows raise. "Sure you weren't. Sure you weren't."

I stare at my sister for a few moments before getting back to work. If I don't have this completed by the time Lonzo is home, I'm going to have him on my case after a day of his murderous activities. I'd rather not have that on my mind right now.

When Lonzo gets home later that evening, I head over to Dark Suite so I can settle some business plans with Zane. Lonzo has been on calls nonstop, ever since we've had to replace our third party income from Landon, he's been working extra hard to find the money that we would have lost.

I've been putting the effort into Zane's club, Lonzo decided he wanted to take the challenge and find something new. I'm not entirely sure what's going on with him at the moment but he's been on a mad one since he came back from vacation.

I head upstairs to Zane's office inside Dark Suite.

My eyes shamelessly scan the VIP section but Poppy is nowhere to be seen. A part of me is relieved because I hate seeing her with men who don't know how to respect women or keep their hands to themselves.

I know what kind of men come to this club. Most of them don't deserve to be anywhere near her. Not when something is so pure and beautiful. The men in this town are monsters and will destroy the first piece of beauty they see.

My knuckles raise to knock on Zane's door in case he's in a meeting but as soon as I hear his voice, I press down on the handle and step inside. He's leaning back in his plush wooden chair but his expression tells me that he's anything but relaxed.

A drink of whiskey sits on his desk with a decanter beside it. It's half empty.

I raise my eyebrows. "Tough night?"

Zane snaps his eyes in my direction and leans forward, brows pinched together as if he's in pain. I know his recovery has been slow but he said the doctor informed him that his leg is getting better and soon he'll be walking without a limp.

"Have you seen this?" Zane says as he twists a newspaper and it lands facing my direction.

I frown and walk towards his desk before pulling the paper into my fingers. My eyes scan the headline and let the words sink in. I can't remember the last time I even saw a newspaper. Zane is more of an old fashioned guy, he likes tradition.

Third nightclub owner dead in a series of attacks on clubs in the city.

My lips murmur the words before I flick my gaze to Zane's dark eyes. "So?"

"So?" He repeats. "There are attacks on nightclubs. Killing the owners."

I throw the paper back down onto the desk. "You haven't done anything wrong. You're not doing dodgy dealings here, Zane. I think you'll be okay."

He stares back at me with an unconvinced glare. "Some of these nightclubs aren't even owned by high up business owners, some are just small town guys who had no idea that they would be a target. I need to find out why. I need to know if I have to protect myself."

"You're being paranoid," I wave him off and grab an empty glass before helping myself to his expensive whiskey collection. "It's probably to do with something, revenge, or business. This club has stayed out of trouble for months. The people here don't draw that kind of attention."

Zane presses a hand to his head, then reaches for his glass and downs the amber liquid.

"If it starts creeping over into this city, then I need to start taking precautions."

I nod with a sigh. "Alright," I say. "I'm sure we can help out with extra security, if need be. But I'm sure it's nothing. Besides, those clubs have been open for years. This is new, it's probably a place they don't even know. No offence."

"None taken," he snorts quietly before leaning back in his chair. "A place that a lot of people don't even know exists. Do you remember the other night when I talked about potentially getting in dancers for the club?"

A hum falls from my lips as I rest my ankle on the tip of my knee and get comfortable in the chair opposite his. "Because you think it'll transform the club into something more exciting and new."

He points a finger at me. "Precisely. The clientele at the moment would most likely enjoy some form of entertainment."

"So where are you going to find these dancers?" I raise a curious eyebrow.

Zane shrugs. "Hold auditions. Find a lead choreographer, hire them and let them take the lead with this."

"It will cost a lot of money," I inform him.

"But I know the benefits of it will be worthwhile."

I drag my tongue across my bottom lip. "If you say so."

"I know so," he says boldly. "And with the extra help from you and Lonzo, I'm convinced in the next six months, this place will be transformed into something that no one in this town or city has seen before. It's going to be exclusive to elites and that's where we rake in the money, that is where we can really start seeing the profits."

My hands raise in defence. "You're the businessman here."

Zane adjusts his blazer and straightens out the cufflinks. "I know."

"Right," I lower my glass and rub my hands together. "Let's discuss the new import."

Read the completed book, bonus chapters and the first 22 chapters of Isabella's story (Lonzo and Alexia's daughter) over on Ream and Patreon!

www.reamstories.com/savannaroseauthor
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher

Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

I love Gabriel smiling at his phone, why am I kicking my feet?🥹❤️

What did you guys think of this chapter?👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼

I can't wait to share more with you and dive into this story and all the secrets laying beneath the surface!

Don't forget to vote and comment. It makes my day!

Love Savanna x

Insta: savannaroseauthor
Ream: savannaroseauthor
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue lendo

VocΓͺ tambΓ©m vai gostar

393K 6.3K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
1.2M 41.4K 36
(COMPLETED & UNEDITED) His full lips were curled into a smirk as he grabbed her by the arm roughly. "And who might you be?" He asked her while she he...
12.3M 371K 38
__❀︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❀︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
119K 2.8K 29
"Do you love her?" He seethes, looking for any answer. The question didn't matter to him but it sure as hell mattered to us. One simple question. On...