|Concrete and Gold||dave groh...

By aurorajgrace

Growing up, all Dave Grohl meant to Eliza was the boy next door. After being uprooted from her life in Michig... More

Chapter One•Learn To Fly
Chapter Two•Run
Chapter Three•Shame Shame
Chapter Four•I'll Stick Around
Chapter Five•Show Me How
Chapter Six•Something From Nothing
Chapter Seven•Halo
Chapter Eight•Big Me
Chapter Nine•This Is A Call
Chapter Ten•Summer's End
Chapter Eleven•Over and Out
Chapter Twelve•Enough Space
Chapter Thirteen•Come Back
Chapter Fourteen•Waiting on a War
Chapter Fifteen•I Should Have Known
Chapter Sixteen•Let It Die
Chapter Seventeen•Good Grief
Chapter Eighteen•How I Miss You
Chapter Nineteen•Walking After You
Chapter Twenty•Another Round
Chapter Twenty One•Making A Fire
Chapter Twenty Two•On The Mend
Chapter Twenty Three•Disenchanted Lullaby
Chapter Twenty Four•Overdrive
Chapter Twenty Five•Exhausted
Chapter Twenty Six•Rest
Chapter Twenty Seven•Night Fever
Chapter Twenty Eight•Rescued
Chapter Twenty Nine•A Matter Of Time
Chapter Thirty•Walking A Line
Chapter Thirty One•Friend of a Friend
Chapter Thirty Three•My Poor Brain

Chapter Thirty Two•Shadow Dancing

120 3 11
By aurorajgrace

Authors Note: Hi everyone! With my school semester ending and the holidays being over, I've finally had time to update this story. Thank you all for your patience and great interactions, I love you all and happy reading!!

"Oh my god, what?" Eliza asked, stunned. She took a seat on her couch, trying to not let the shock get to her.

"Yeah, I guess the other guy quit. The band's got a new album coming out, and they've got no drummer to tour."

"Are you gonna take the job?"

"I want to. God, I want to so bad. I just feel horrible for Alanis."

Eliza sighed, understanding the moral dilemma Taylor was facing. "I get that you don't want to bail on her. But look. You're just a touring musician for Alanis. With Foo Fighters, you could write. You could record."

"I know, I know."

"I'm not going to tell you what to do, but my advice would be to join the Foo Fighters."

Taylor laughed. "You know what, Eliza? That's exactly what I'm gonna do."

"Yay, Taylor, this is going to be great!" Eliza squealed into the phone.

"I know. I can't wait to get back home. I'm gonna go and call Dave to tell him the news."

"Love ya, T."

"Love you too, Liza." He hung up the phone.

Eliza was ecstatic, thinking how cool it was going to be that her two favorite people were about to be in the same band.

After a few more weeks that Eliza spent patiently waiting for the boys to come home, they finally arrived. She couldn't help but smile the entire way to the airport to pick them up.

She parked her car in their designated meeting spot and waited for the moment she could see her two favorite people again. It came with a knock on her window, and when she looked up there stood Dave, sporting his classic toothy grin.

Eliza threw open her door and leaped into his arms.

"Hey sweetheart. I'm so happy to see you." Dave said as he embraced her, feeling at home in her arms.

"I'm so glad you're back." Eliza whispered, taking in the familiar scent of his cologne mixed with cigarettes.

"And I definitely didn't miss you at all." Taylor said sarcastically from behind the couple.

Eliza broke her embrace with Dave and ran over to greet Taylor. "Oh don't you worry. I didn't forget about you." She said as she threw her arms around Taylor.

The trio laughed as they loaded up their luggage into Eliza's car.

"I'll let the lovebird have shotgun." Taylor joked as they piled into the car.

"So, I've now got two members of the Foo Fighters to deal with, don't I?" Eliza joked as she took off towards Taylor's house.

"Fortunately for you." Taylor smirked.

Eliza eventually made it to T's house and helped him unload his stuff.

"Thanks for the ride. See you tomorrow?" Taylor said as she followed him to his front door.

"Of course." She said. The trio had already planned their first night out in LA together.

Eliza got back into the car, leaving her alone with Dave for the first time in months.

He leaned over and planted a firm kiss on her cheek. "How are you? It's been so long."

"I'm alright. Happy to finally be back with you."

Eliza smiled, feeling as though getting back together with Dave was too good to be true. She drove back to her apartment and began to help him unload his stuff that hte brought back from tour.

"How are you going to get your stuff from Seattle?" Eliza asked as they were sitting on the floor, loading his clothes into dresser drawers.

"I'll have it shipped down here. I don't have very much stuff worth keeping anyways." He shrugged.

Eliza was quickly reminded of Dave's wealth. Of course he could afford to have all of his stuff shipped across the country.

After they finished unpacking, the couple curled up on the couch together.

"Can you believe it?" Dave asked as he was twirling Eliza's hair around his finger. "Look at us. Living together."

"I can't. I really can't." Eliza smiled, still having a hard time processing the change.

They remained silent for a while, just happy to be intertwined again.

"So, what's your plan with the Foo Fighters?" Eliza asked, trying to start a conversation.

"We just wrapped up an album. We're gonna put it out in a couple months. And then, another tour."

"Ooh, a new album?"

"Yeah, it's really good. Actually, do you want to go and listen to it?"

Eliza was confused. "What do you mean, go and listen?"

"Well, I don't have a copy of it yet. But we could go down to the studio to listen."

"I'd love to." Eliza smiled, excited to hear his new music.

They loaded into her car and he drove her down the PCH, looking at the beach during sunset. Eliza rolled down the window and let her hair blow through the salty breeze.

They eventually pulled onto the studio, and Dave led her through the door and through a hallway, leading to a room in the back. He opened a door and sat her down in the recording studio. She was familiar with studios from her time spent with Scream, but this was far better than anything she'd seen before.

He grabbed a roll from a shelf, popped it in, and pushed play. The studio was filled with a simple guitar intro, but then it exploded.

Eliza was blown away by the sheer power of the song. She knew from the start that it was going to be a huge hit.

"What was that one called?" She asked as the song came to a close.

"Everlong." Dave smiled. "Did you like it?"

"I love it. Dave, it's fantastic!"

He was clearly relieved that she approved of his work. He smiled and grabbed a new reel off the shelf. Eliza was hit with a hard drum fill building into another fantastic song.

"That one was My Hero." Dave told her.

He played a few more tracks for her before they left the studio. They headed back to their apartment where they headed off to bed.

They spent the next day finishing unpacking Dave's stuff. Later in the night, Dave and Eliza began to get ready for their night out with Taylor.

Eliza wore a tight black dress with black heels. Her hair was pulled back into a slick, high ponytail.

"Damn, sweetheart. Maybe we should just stay in for the night." Dave said as he slid his hands around her waist.

Eliza laughed. "Oh, you know Taylor wouldn't be too happy."

"Yeah, you're probably right."

They drove over to the bar where they were meeting Taylor. When the couple walked in, they found him alright sitting at the bar, drink in hand, laughing with a girl.

"Found one already, haven't you?" Dave said as he clapped him on the back.

"Hey, watch it. This is Val."

Eliza and Dave both smiled and shook her hand.

"And Eliza. You look as lovely as ever." Taylor said, hugging her and planting a kiss on her cheek.

Dave ordered drinks for the two of them as Eliza settled into the environment of the bar.

They all began talking and catching up when Taylor's ears suddenly perked up.

"Oh my god! Come on Eliza, we've gotta go dance!" He said, taking her by the hand and leading her to the dance floor.

Eliza wasn't the least bit surprised, as "Get Down On It" by Kool and the Gang was one of Taylor's favorite songs. She followed him onto the dance floor and danced with him for the song. He took her hand and spun her around, leading her into a perfectly executed drop.

The song ended, and the pair headed back to the bar, giggling and laughing. However, they were both confused when it was just Dave standing where they left.

"What happened to Val?" Taylor asked.

"Sorry man. She headed out."

"Well, did she say why?" Taylor asked, pressing the question.

"Not really, but it definitely had something to do with your little dance number." Dave replied.

Eliza sighed. She felt partly responsible for being the reason that his date ditched him, but at the end of the day, who cares? She obviously wasn't a keeper anyways if she was going to get mad at a little dance like that.

"Welp. On with the night!" Taylor said, clearly unbothered, taking a swig from his drink.

The three of them partied the night away, dancing and drinking so much that the night turned into a blur.

When the bar began to close up shop and it was time for them to leave, none of them were sober enough to drive.

"Come on back to my place. It's close enough to walk and we can pick up your car in the morning." Taylor said to Dave and Eliza.

"Sounds good to me. Dave?"

"Yeah, we can't drive."

They began to walk out of the bar and down to the sideway to Taylor's house.

Holding Dave's hand with Taylor's arm around her shoulder, Eliza had truly never been happier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 19.4K 73
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
992K 17.8K 80
"ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵍᵘʸ ˢⁱᵉⁿⁿᵃ, ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ. ᴵ ᵈᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ, ᴵ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ. ᴬⁿᵈ ᴵ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ." 𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢...
140K 4.3K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...