You can't catch me now. (Cato)

De the7thheroine

"I wont let you die. Promise me you'll get your trident then come find us." He says sternly holding your shou... Mai multe

A Storm is brewing.
Prove to them your worth every penny.
The first night and the first day.
The second day and the second night.
Show them what you can do.
The interview of a life time.
Let the games begin.
You need to run.
The trap.
The first game comes to an end.
*The interview for the tour*
*The end of the tour, the end of peace*
*im the bet you lost in the reaping*
*the first day of training*
*Just try and stop it*
*the quell begins*
*find him*
*tick tock goes the clock*
What do we do next?
Why should we be the ones?
Who do you think you are?

*district 11*

343 11 115
De the7thheroine

The train ride from district four to eleven was not as bad as you'd of thought. It was long, but not bad.

When you arrived on the train, to your surprise, not only was it going to be you, Cato and Foie. But also Finnick.

"You cleaned up." Finnick smiled as he sauntered to you, an arm wrapping around you.

"I didn't know you were coming!" You said excitedly smiling. He only let out a dramatic huff as he let you go.

"Yeah well, it's me or Annie and you know she doesn't do well with this stuff. It's bad enough you already can enter my home whenever." He jokes, his attention suddenly falls to Cato who's stood firmly next to you.

"Cato." He greets firmly.

"Finnick." Cato greets back his eyes hardening.

The train was full of luxurious items, foods as such. much like the train to the games. It was designed with marble and mahogany wood.

The minute you'd entered the train, Foie handed a pack of reading cards to you and Cato.

"You both need to read these over. You and the other victors have the same ones thanks to their helper." She said giddily as she began to waltz towards the door.

"I need some wine, god it will be a long ride.. so I will be in the other room." She smiled as she flung the door open, marching down the makeshift hallway.

Finnick looked between her, and you before taking a step back. "Think I'll join her. I wanna ask her about some of the plans and all." He shrugs, eyeing Cato before he walks out.

"Remember you're gonna meet with Katniss and Peeta in eleven. Then you'll continue the tour together."

Once he left, Cato slumped against the sofa, holding an arm up to you.

Carefully, with the cards still in hand you slip into Catos side as he winds his arm around your shoulders tightly.

"He's a prude." He murmured about Finnick, you let out a scoff smacking his bicep.

"Don't, you're just a stranger." You say.

Cato only rolls his eyes. "Baby in the nicest way possible he's the Capitols most pruned peacock."

Before he could continue you only groan leaning your head into his arm even more. "Don't start, not now. We need to talk and you know it."

He nods slowly looking down at you. "We do I guess."

"You did write to me." You say not quite meeting his eyes.

"I did. And you wrote to me." He adds on his hand coming to your hair. "The capitols supposed to be united. That's what we get taught."

"So why did neither of us receive anything?" You mumble properly meeting his eyes. It was strange to see Cato so conflicted.

District one and two were the most connected to the Capitol. Taught to respect them and to always trust in what they did but after the games, it was clear Cato wasn't sure anymore.

He only shrugs looking frustrated. "I don't know. If they want to make the winners look good surely they'd of let us interact. Pricks." He murmurs the added insult.

You only let out a hum as you begin to flick through the cards. "These are... something." You murmur eyeing the cards carefully.

"They are stuck up. That's what they are." Cato murmurs. He reaches over cupping your hand, bringing the card closer to his face. "Who the hell wrote these?"

You only shrug. You let out a sigh tossing the cards on the table. "We can look at them later." You murmur.

"Later my ass you and I both know we won't." Cato grumbles.

You let out a sigh. He was right. You really didn't want to put all the pressure on Katniss and Peeta in the tour though.

You leaned into Catos arms. You'd look at them later. You really will.

You could feel your face fall as you remembered Snow. Should you tell Cato about what happened?

You turn to look at Cato nervously. "I need to talk to you."

He seemed to notice your nerves as he then sat up slightly. "What about?"

"Snow came to see me, about Katniss and Peeta..." he seemed to snap up at that. His eyes widening slightly.

"What do you mean?" He spoke seriously, staring at you in concern. His arm loosened around you.

"It's about Katniss and Peeta, he... threatened you and my mom... if they don't perform, and convince him. He said he'd kill you." You frown your fists tightly clenched.

You could hear Cato take a deep breath, his arm tightening around you. "He won't do anything. If he tries I'll kill him first." He snapped.

You both looked at each other for a moment, a weight off your shoulders. "I thought he'd of seen you too. He talked about seeing Katniss though."

Cato seemed to pause thinking. "Maybe he knew you'd be more receptive than me. That ass." He murmured annoyance filling his tone.

As you stare out the window you did your best to relax at the sight of the various greens and yellow colour passing by. As you go into the tunnel you could see Cato was watching out the other window.

The yellow lights inside the tunnel were illuminated. Bouncing off the windows and walls of the tunnel.

Then red. You could feel your eyes widen at the sight of something red. A painting of some kind. A bird.

Above it a broken light flickering and flashing. You sit up looking over your shoulder to try and get a better look as it passes down the windows.

"Did you see that... Cato!" You shake his shoulder slightly, he only groans as he grabs your hands, stopping you from shaking him.

"Do I look like I did?" He mumbles. God damn it Cato.

You only huff as you throw your body back into his side, crossing your arms. He lets out a groan as he rewraps his arm around you.

Suddenly you were out of the tunnel. You could feel your eyes widen at the sight of many cars following alongside the train. It looked like a wasteland in twelve.

The train came to a slamming stop forcing your bodies slightly forward and up off the chairs.
"God Damn it." Cato groaned as the doors opened.

—————————————————————

After exiting the train, you , Cato , Finnick and Foie were shifted into a van and were to be driven to the centre of eleven where Katniss and Peeta were waiting.

Foie was almost immediately in a state of disgust at the lack of festivities and many peacekeepers. Clearly she wasn't used to the sight.

Inside the van Foie was still complaining in Finnick ear, who looked like his neck vein was about to burst. You couldn't help the small smile at it.

Cato was sat next to you, drawing small lines with his thumb along your palm as he holds it tightly. Out of everyone here he was the most relaxed, looking almost bored at the journey.

"Did you both read through the cards... where are they?" Foie asked her attention suddenly turning to you both.

"Yeah we did.." you mumbled, looking nervously. No you didn't. And much to your stupidness and the rush to get off the train, you'd left them on the table.

"Don't lie to me! Oh you both... now what! We will have to rely on the other victors now." She groaned her hands coming to her forehead.

"Now.. When you go you will be introduced by the mayor as such and will speak on the district eleven fallen tributes.. which are Rue and Thresh." Foie added on, her hands moving from her forehead to her head.

Cato only let out a huff biting his tongue. You leaned further into his shoulder. Whilst Foie was someone you trusted, she did get on your nerves sometimes.

After a half an hour van ride, you found yourself inside a large building, two large doors in front of you that would take you out to the stage where you would speak to the district eleven people.

As you approached the door, your eyes immediately met Katniss and Peetas forms, both stood tensely next to each other. You let go of Catos hand moving further ahead.

"Katniss." You call as you got closer, she turned her head to yours.

You gently wrap your arms around her in a friendly hug, which after a minute she returns.

"Are you doing ok?" You ask gently your arms leaving hers. She takes a deep breath nodding.

"Just waiting for this to be over." She murmured, her hands fisting. You nod, you turn to Peeta offering him a smile which he returns.

Cato comes to your side, his hand finding yours again. "Katniss. Peeta." He greets the two.

She nods at him and Peeta offers a hand to him to shake. Cato reaches out with his freehand shaking it.

Whilst the games were over Cato still had somewhat of a grudge for him ditching him in the games and running off. You try to smile at him squeezing his hand.

You can hear a bellowing voice through the door now. "Ladies and gentlemen. The victors of the seventy fourth hunger games! Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Y/n L/n and Cato Hadley!"

"Out you go!" A woman dressed in similar clothes began to usher you all towards the large doors as they were swung open by peace keepers with.

"Smile smile! Stand up straight! You're on camera!"  She murmurs as she lets you enter the stage.

There was a large crowd. Tons of people surrounded the stage all stood looking up at you in silence. 

Cato was unphased smiling only slightly as he made his way forward. Taking you along with him, you couldn't help but pause at the sight in-front of you.

Across the stage was two projections with a small amount of people under them. One of Thresh, and one of Rue. You'd guess the people stood under the projections were family members.

You could see Katniss tense as she stood next to you. Gently, with your other hand you put a hand on her shoulder giving it a firm squeeze.

Her eyes were firmly on Rues face. It was clear that it was giving her memories of what had happened.

Rewatching the games when you made it out you could feel your heart break. Rue was killed by Marvel just as you worried.

But Katniss made sure he didn't get away unscathed from his idiotic behaviour, just as Cato said that night you heard the canon go.

Katniss looked between you, and the projection before swallowing. Move to stand by Peeta who had moved in front of the microphone.

"Thank you." Peeta started. He looked down at the cards, before continuing.

"We are honoured, to be here with you today. With the families of your fallen tributes." He seemed unsure of what to say next as he took in the faces of the people. Peeta looked to you nervously.

He seemed to snap into action however, dropping the cards down. "Though they fought in honour, and dignity until the end, both Thresh and Rue were so young." You could see Katniss getting teary eyed as she frowned. Her face stone cold.

You tightly squeezed Catos hand. You had never seen so many people look so angry. So upset. Cato however remained calm however squeezing your hand back. You really didn't get how he did it.

"But our lives aren't just measured by years, they're measured by those we touch around us." He looked to Katniss who returned his gaze.

"Without Thresh, we wouldn't be standing here today. So in recognition for that we would like to donate one month of our winnings to the families of the districts every year for the rest of our lives."

You could feel your jaw drop slightly.

Snow would not be happy with this. He would be furious. The audience however began to clap loudly. They were happy with it.

Cato seemed also stunned. Seething almost. He seemed to realise the weight of what Peeta had just said more than you.

Peeta murmured a thank you into the microphone turning on his heel, you began to follow, as did Cato joining Peetas side ready to reemerge into the building.

Katniss however was still frozen, her eyes on Rues face. She slowly made her way in front of the microphone.

"I just wanted to say that.. I didn't know Thresh I only spoke to him once. He could have killed me but instead showed me mercy." Katniss then paused her eyes going to the ground.

"That's a debt I'll never be able to repay. I did know rue." Katniss said with a tone you didn't recognise. It was firm, to the point.

"She wasn't just my ally but my friend. I see her.. in the flowers in the meadow by house, in mockingjays songs and most of all, my sister Prim." She began, her voice becoming wet with emotion.

"She was too young, too gentle." At Katniss's words you could see The woman (you guessed was Rues mother) begin to sob quietly on the stage.

Peeta moved slowly towards Katniss, as Cato moved you back slightly. Clearly they were getting nervous. If Katniss said something that caused a rebellion things could go wrong.

"And I couldn't save her. I'm sorry." Katniss finished. Her eyes closing.

Before Peeta could move to take guide Katniss of the stage, a whistle sounded from the audience.

An older man's hand coming into the air, three fingers on his hand raised upwards. Before long the rest of the crowd followed suit raising their hands into the air.

Before you could blink, suddenly peacekeepers were ramming into the crowd, tightly grabbing the man and bringing him up the steps. The crowd began to slam against each other, a riot.

Loud screaming and yelling anger began to fill your ears.

Another group of peacekeepers moved shoving you, Cato and Peeta backwards through the door. You tried to push past them to Katniss, letting go of Cato.

You were quickly shoved harshly, almost falling as you were forced into the building. "What the fuck!" Cato snapped going to move forward only to be stopped as Peeta caught his wrist.

Katniss began screaming, attempting to get to the man only to be dragged towards the door. "No! No! Leave him alone!" She cried as two peacekeepers had a tight grip on her arms.

The man was slammed to his knees on the steps as he looked to the crowd slowly. A gun pressed to the back of his head by a peacekeeper.

A single gunshot.

And the man who had started the riot was dead on the floor of the stage.

Vomit was rising in your throat as the doors slammed shut. You could hear Foie and the woman beginning to shout, anger in their tone.

You could see Finnick, next to the two woman trying to calm them down, his eyes flickering to yours, then back to the two.

Peeta had covered his mouth whilst Katniss was beginning to have a meltdown, Catos hand was still tightly on yours.

His brows furrowed in anger as he pulled you behind him, an attempt to hide you from what just happened.

Before another second Katniss began to desperately ram herself towards the door, only caught by her mentor who fought to keep her in his grip.

She was screaming. "What did I do?" she cried, suddenly she was shoved towards the steps. The man's eyes turning to you, Peeta and Cato.

"You too. Let's go." He snapped guiding you all upwards. You all made your way to a trapdoor, being pushed upwards into a dusty old room.

You try to look to Finnick, who only nodded. 'Go' you let out a heavy sigh, trusting the man.

The man then slammed it shut, turning to face you all. "You all had a very simple task." He snapped glaring at you all.

"I never meant for anyone to get killed he had to know that!" Katniss whimpered.

Snow. He'd gone to see her too.

"What are you talking about." The man snapped again.

"Snow obviously." Cato seemed to burst in rage his voice doubling the volume of the man and Katniss.

"he went to see Y/n too. Threatened to kill families over her and his performance." Cato shouted in anger pointing a finger at her.

"If the districts don't believe their love story everyone will die he said. If he threatened my family, he'll threaten everyone's too." You added carefully staring at the ground.

Katniss seemed stunned as she stared at you. "He went to see you too?" She asked.

You frown at her. "He said he had seen you, but from the way he talked I thought he saw everyone."

"So he wants to make them believe you?" The man interrupted, just as stunned as Peeta.

"To calm things down.." katniss added taking a deep breath.

Peetas jaw dropped as he stared between Katniss and Cato.

"Why didn't you tell me this before I went out there and I tried to give them money?" He snapped at her.

"I'm sorry I didn't know what to do! He threatened my family-" Katniss argued.

"but now you mean to get all of us killed." Cato hissed at her.

She turned to him her face becoming pale. Before she could speak Peeta then also spoke up.

"I have family too Katniss! So does everyone in this room! Ok?! People I need to protect!" Peeta snapped interrupting her.

"What about them you two!" The man raged. Pointing towards the window where the majority of district eleven were right now.

"Who protects them?" He questioned angrily. "Katniss what were you thinking?"

"I was thinking about Rue!" She cried.

"Haymitch please. Please help me get through the trip to help us get through the trip..." she began to raise her voice.

"This trip never ends, for any of you! Wake up. You will never get off this train." Haymitch hisses snapping his fingers. "You four will be mentors now, every year they will drag you out and broadcast their real story."

He pointed towards you and Cato then back to Peeta and Katniss. "And your fake love stories details will be compared to theirs."

"So what do we do." Peeta murmured. His face full of sadness.

"You will smile. You will read the cards Effie made for you four. And you will live happily ever after. Can you do that?" The man finished.

"And what about us?" You speak us, eyeing Haymitch. He turns to look at you.

"You make sure that if these two aren't doing what they are supposed to, you step up. Show off your love." Haymitch dramatically rolled his eyes.

You let out a shaken breath, looking to Cato who seemed furious at Haymitch.

He let out a sharp hiss of a swear, throwing the door open and exiting the room. The door then slammed shut.

"Follow your lover boy, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Haymitch hissed at you.

You nod slowly turning on your heel, following Cato down the steps. It didn't even take you a minute to find him. Cato was stood by a wall pacing. His breathing heavy.

He had slammed his hand against a wall. "Fuck! That idiot!" He snapped staring at the dent in the wall.

"It's ok.." you whispered weakly putting a hand on his shoulder. He however shook you off taking deep breaths.

"It's not. Now Katniss has done that? Snows not just gonna gun for those two idiots but us too. For our families." He hissed.

You frowned. Snow had asked you to make sure they performed and the first part of the tour had already taken a horrible turn for the worst.

"They already were Cato, we just need to make sure everything goes to plan." You say.

After a long moment of silence Cato moved, pulling you into his chest, holding his muscled arms around your form.

"I just want to make sure you're safe. I can't loose you." He murmured into your hair. You wrap your own arms around him, leaning up to press small kisses to his jaw.

"It's gonna be ok." You murmur.

——————————————————————

Omg..... 😪😪😪😪

Bless now the man's dead and poor Katniss my gyal

Also Catos had enough of the bull my god 😪😪😪 he was gonna kick hatmitches ass and Katniss's

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5.5K 124 17
- "You know i love games...i always win sweetheart." 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙙𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣! - 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝘼𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙈𝙤�...
512K 12.3K 22
❝You want me to babysit them for you?❞ ❝A little bit of blood is the least of my worries.❞ ❝I don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...
12.6K 420 19
❝I'm the survivor, I'm gonna make it, I will survive. Keep on surviving ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Velren Black, a hero against his will, is once...
878K 18.1K 119
THE HUNGER GAMES - FINNICK ODAIR Each night I wake from my nightmares and he's there to hold me, I whisper to him: "will you stay with me?" And, ever...