Get Your Hands Off My Man (Xi...

By XichengLoverXX

Jiang Cheng was truly a real Jiang for he had done the impossible. He had found a man he despised more than h... More

Chapter 1: Love at First Glance
Chapter 2: Research Materials
Chapter 3: Tutoring Session
Chapter 4: Share the Love
Chapter 6: Flute Practice
Chapter 7: Staying Behind
Chapter 8: All Alone
Chapter 9: On the Run
Chapter 10: Not Very Inconspicuous
Chapter 11: Sleeping
Chapter 12: An Unexpected Visit
Chapter 13: I Don't Need Your Permission
Chapter 14: Results of the Deliberation
Chapter 15: So Zewu-jun turned out to be a cutsleeve?
Extra 1: Breaking the Cycle

Chapter 5: Injured

516 15 21
By XichengLoverXX

Wei Wuxian's collection had proven a lot more helpful than the Nie's. But in the end it didn't matter. Lan Xichen had gone right back to the way things used to be. They didn't speak, barely even acknowledged each other's existence. And that worm kept on touching Lan Xichen every chance he got.

But Jiang Cheng was too caught up in his own feelings to truly care. He'd spent all week pondering what had gone wrong. Was Zewu-jun pretending that nothing had happened? Was he too embarrassed? Did he regret it? Or perhaps the explanation was even worse: Had Jiang Cheng imagined it all? Had Lan Xichen simply been his tutor, with no ulterior thoughts or motives.

Thinking back, he couldn't remember for sure that the Lan had reciprocated as he moved in for the kiss. All he could remember was the Lan recoiling after Wei Ying opened the door. Would he have done so regardless of whether the Wei had entered or not? Perhaps he had used the interruption as a safe way out of an uncomfortable situation. They were both going to become sect leaders, he might not have wanted to upset the Jiang by outright rejecting him. If that's the case Jiang Cheng was happy for his brother arriving when he did. The idea that Jiang Wanyin might have accidentally stolen a kiss from the unwilling sect heir Lan if he didn't was unpleasant.

"Are you daydreaming about Lan Xichen again?" A teasing voice whispered. Jiang Cheng sent a deadly glare at his brother, only to find that the classroom was empty. Class was over and he hadn't paid attention to any of it.

"I'm just tired" Jiang Cheng said as he began to pack up his things.

"Well, then you better go straight home and rest up right now. I've heard from Lan Zhan that there will barely be any sleep to be had during the trip."

"Trip?" Jiang Cheng asked, he hadn't heard of any trip.

"You've been blanking out all day? It was among one of the first things Lan Qiren said. He mentioned he'd be taking us out night hunting since there's been rumors of a large amount of fierce corpses roaming the woods a day's trip from the Cloud Recesses. Nothing difficult but it requires a lot of disciples to deal with. Best of all, we get some time away from this cramped space."

Jiang Cheng was embarrassed. If he was paying less attention in class than Wei Wuxian something was really wrong. He needed to get Lan Xichen out of his head. Perhaps this night hunt would be good for him. Some time away from the Cloud Recesses and Zewu-jun might be just what he needed.

"Yeah, that sounds good. When will we be heading out?" Jiang Cheng agreed with his older brother, there were too many lessons inside the classrooms and not enough sword practice. The Lans were a lot more sedentary than the Jiangs were.

"Early tomorrow morning" Wei Wuxian responded.

"Jiang early or Lan early?" Because waking up at five am every morning was already very early according to anyone not a Lan.

Wei Ying silently smiled, and not in a happy way.

"Lan early?" Jiang Cheng asked with a groan. To which he got a nod in return.

"Three am to be exact. Apparently it's to make sure we can set up camp before it gets dark" Jiang Cheng groaned yet again. "But don't be too upset yet brother. There is some good news" Wei Ying's smile turned smug.

"Yeah? Will Lan Wangji be joining us?" He teased back as the two made their way out of the classroom. Wei Ying had mocked him about the older Jade Lan every day since he burst in on their tutoring session, it was time for some payback. he too could tease about his brother's unreciprocated crush.

"Of course he will. But I also heard we will have today's teacher joining us as well" Wei Ying smirked as though there had been a grand reveal of some kind.

"Yeah, you already told me that. Lan Qiren will take us night hunting" Jiang Cheng reiterated annoyed that his brother was talking in circles. Wei Ying flicked the head of his brother.

"Are you sure you're just tired or did you straight up have your brain removed?" The Wei looked at him with disbelief, he simply couldn't believe had he had just heard. "Lan Qiren was swept away due to an emergency ten minutes into class. Zewu-jun took over not only class but the night hunt as well."

"Really?" No wonder he hadn't been punished for blanking out during class. Compared to his uncle Lan Xichen truly was an angel. He'd need to apologize to the Lan for not paying attention to him when he was teaching. But this meant he wouldn't get any time off. "Well, whatever I'll be going to bed."

"Do I need to knock when I come back?" Wei Ying teasingly shouted. A comment which earned him a middle finger. Jiang Cheng was really planning on sleeping, for some reason he had this premonition that his future would contain nothing but pain.

**

"Aa-ah, ow. I think it might be broken" Jiang Cheng had been right. This trip would be nothing but pain. Watching from afar he was just one of many onlookers who witnessed the worm's acting performance. Falling face down on the ground he was now pretending to have gotten injured as he rubbed his knee. And no one cared, most didn't even stop to look and simply marched on. No one except the white-clad Lan who had rushed to his side.

"Meng Yao, are you alright? Let me look at it" Lan Xichen tried to inspect the nonexistent wound but was stopped by the worm placing his hands upon Zewu-jun's.

"There's no time. I-If we delay we won't get there on time. I-I'm sure I can still walk" Looking like a newborn deer the Nie stumbled forward. Surely anyone could see through the clear fakery going on. But as he was about to fall yet again Lan Xichen caught him.

"Ridiculous, you can barely stand. Here let me help you" Zewu-jun said as he placed the worm's arm around his shoulder to support him. Without Lan Xichen noticing he sent a quick glance over his shoulder to make sure the Jiang was looking at him. That look was his way of gloating. Because he was the one walking getting supported by Lan Xichen and not Jiang Cheng.

Those looks were something which he then continued to do periodically throughout the entire trip, each time angering Jiang Wanyin a little more.

The worm had succeeded in not only getting Lan Xichen's affections but also getting to Jiang Cheng. His entire body feeling like it was burning Jiang Cheng stormed off to look for some nice place where he could vent his frustrations.

Fuck him, may he die a slow and painful death of a thousand cuts.

Stabbing Sandu, his trusty blade, into the ground beside him Jiang Cheng felt some of the anger leave. Leaving his main emotion being pure jealousy. Would Lan Xichen help him instead if he was injured too? Looking over at the glimmering and sharp blade of Sandu Jiang Cheng was tempted. All he needed was a little blood to make the act look believable, more believable than the worm's at least.

But before he had time to make any decision on the matter Jiang Cheng could sense a presence approaching him from behind. Not even his footsteps could be heard. Was this another one of his brother's pranks?

"Wei Ying I'm not in the mood to deal with any of your funny business right now. It-It's just so disgusting! The way they touch each other is creeping me out. For whatever reason to they need to act so buddy-buddy!?" Jiang Cheng vented his frustrations to the only person who would understand. A little contact between cultivator wouldn't have been such a big deal if it wasn't for Jiang Cheng's feelings. Yes, there were plenty of cultivators sending the two judgmental glances. But that had more to do with the Nie's origin than anything else. The only reason why the Jiang was so upset was jealousy, nothing more.

"Young master Jiang?" Jiang Cheng flipped his head around, finding that one of the men he had just spoken ill of was standing right there.

"My apologies to Zewu-jun. I should not have spoken so harshly" the younger cultivator said with a bow. Being upset did not exempt him from needing to take accountability of his actions by apologizing.

"Jiang Wanyin, this is clearly something which is bothering you. Please inform me, I fail to see the issue. You've been way closer to young master Wei before. I've even watched you carry him home at times" Sometimes Wei Ying's punishments were so severe that he refused to walk on his own because of the pain. Jiang Cheng had no other choice but to carry him. The Jiang sect's honor would be more damaged by having the Wei wailing in public from a couple of hits. Why did he need to bring attention to himself for breaking the rules?

"That's different, he's my brother. I wouldn't be complaining if the man clinging to you was Lan Wangji" not that the second Jade of Lan would ever cling to anyone. But if he got injured and needed his brother's support, Jiang Cheng would find no fault in it.

"Well Yao Meng doesn't..."

"Doesn't what? Have any brother to carry him? He has plenty" Mr. Peacock would certainly never help him out but if you took a random Jin disciple out of the crowd chances were pretty high they would be related. "You two aren't even from the same sect. Young master Nie, or any of their disciples would also make more sense." There were so many people who could support the "injured" worm, why did Lan Xichen have to insist on being the one to help him?

Jiang Cheng turned his back towards the Lan, he no longer had any intention of speaking. They were done now. Conversation over.

"Why can't I?" Lan Xichen spoke up, his voice crisp and clear. Jiang Cheng spun around to face him once more, unable to ignore Zewu-jun after hearing his beautiful voice. The Lan was pushing the matter despite the Jiang's wishes for it to be over. "Why can't I support a close friend after he's been injured?"

Close friend

Jiang Cheng felt his expression harden as his brows furrowed. It didn't matter what the Lan chose to call him. They were clearly very close. Closer than the Lan was with him. Looks like the worm had won. He really had been successful in gaining the Lan's affections. No need to further twist the knife which had already been stabbed into his heart.

"Just leave. I don't want to talk with you." More like I'm too upset to keep the façade up for much longer and I don't want you to see me without it. But that wasn't a sentiment he could express, instead he just asked the Lan to leave. Which he eventually did. After minutes of silence Jiang Cheng glanced behind him, the Lan wasn't there anymore. Waiting another couple of minutes just to be sure he was out of hearing distance as well Jiang Wanyin let his emotional bubble pop.

"It's not fair! I liked you first. Why? Why is it him?" Jiang Cheng took his anger out on the grass beneath him. Ripping it out of the ground, offering it no mercy as he uprooted tuft after tuft. Coming off of the roots dirt flew everywhere as he tossed the grass into a pile beside him. His robes becoming dirty in the process but he didn't care.

Fuck it all.

Fuck the worm.

Fuck everyone.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck.

Grass and dirt flew everywhere in a whirlwind matching the Jiang's frantic and chaotic emotions.

"You like me?" The voice was filled with a hint of surprise. Startled, the younger cultivator stumbled as he got to his feet and at the same time tried to clean his robes. With the Lan's footsteps being so light, Jiang Cheng hadn't heard him leave, nor had he heard him return. But the man in front of him was certainly there, yet again, and once more he had heard every embarrassing word.

"Of course not, don't be so full of yourself. I-Isn't it against Gusu rules to be conceited?" Being caught off guard Jiang Cheng didn't have enough time to come up with a good response and resorted to denying everything.

"Then the one you like is Meng Yao?" The Lan asked. Supposedly that was the choices he was presented. Jiang Cheng could either admit his feelings for the Lan or he could pretend to be in love with the son of a prostitute. Both options were shit. But saying nothing was as good as a confirmation. "If you want me to I can help set the two of you up?" Lan Xichen offered.

"No." Jiang Cheng said with a sharp edge to his voice. It was filled with disgust. Even just having to face the Nie made him want to gag, to be introduced as his potential partner was horrifying.

"Alright then" Lan Xichen was clearly hurt. He had only meant to help out but had been met with nothing but hostility. Thinking it was better to leave the upset Jiang alone he turned to leave once more, having still not delivered the message that lunch would be ready shortly and the Jiang should come if he didn't want to miss out.

"I mean no, the one I like isn't him" Jiang Cheng averted his eyes and sighed. "The one I like is Zewu-jun. I have liked you ever since I first saw you" With eyes averted and face a deep shade of red Jiang Cheng admitted to everything. He'd rather be embarrassed than see his harsh way of speaking hurt the person he wanted to protect.

"So the reason you called me creepy and disgusting...?" The Lan had yet to turn around.

"I was jealous alright!! I don't like seeing you touch him. It makes me feel sick to my stomach" Jiang Cheng shouted at the man's back. This was not the way a confession should go.

"Okay. I'll think of some way to fix that problem." And that was not the response he wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 8K 21
"You mentioned Lan Zhan," Lan Xichen nodded, expression falling into one of despair, "I've been trying to help for a while, but he wouldn't listen to...
285K 7.4K 22
Fluff and smut about Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian from The Untamed, often featuring Wei Ying in his paper man form, a cheeky little paper imp, who I fin...
24.5K 1K 29
Rumors of Wei Wuxian trying to hit on the second young master Lan can be heard echoing throughout the cloud recesses. Having caught wind of the ridic...
41.1K 1.4K 6
(A/N: I wrote this first in Tagalog and supposed to be just a quote, but... 😂😂😂 MY most-awaited XiCheng angst fanfic! 😂😂😂) Summary: The cultiva...