The Arrangement

By authorxzoe

Shivani Sharma A girl who was raised up by parents who argue all the time until one day they decided to get d... More

note <3
Copyright & Disclaimer •
characters •
Prologue •
chapter 01|•
chapter 02 |•
chapter 03|•
chapter 04 |•
chapter 05 |•
chapter 07 |•
chapter 08 |•
chapter 09 |•
chapter 10 |•
chapter 11 |•
chapter 12 |•
chapter 13|•
chapter 14 |•
chapter 15 |•
chapter 16 |•
chapter 17 |•
chapter 18 |•
chapter 19 |•
chapter 20 |•
chapter 21 |•
chapter 22 |•
Important !!
chapter 23 |•
chapter 24 |•
chapter 25 |•
chapter 26 |•

chapter 06 |•

739 52 22
By authorxzoe

'you make me strong'

"Meine aur bhau ne tere liye ladki dekhe-"
(I and daughter in law have seen a girl for you)

"Aur meine iss bare me phele hi mana kar chuke hu. Mujhe nahi karni shaadi."
(And I have already said no about this thing. I don't want to get married)

I said while eating. The appetite to eat was over but the manners which I was thought weren't letting me leave the food.

"Purani baato ko chodh ke aage badne ka naam zindagi hai." I clenched my left hand into a fist.
(Leaving old things behind is the name of life)

"Aap uss bare please baat mat nikalo na dadi." Radhika said.
(Don't talk about it dadi, please)

"Mujhe bhi acha nahi lag raha ye bolte hue par ye ladka samjhta kaha hai koi baat? Satais saal ka toh ho chuka hai. Chalis me karega shaadi? Tere maa baap ka bhi toh soch. Dada, dadi nhi bana na hai kya unhe?"
(Even I don't feel good talking about this but does this boy understands anything? He is 27. Will he marry at the age of 40? Think of your parents. Don't you want to make them grandfather and grandmother?)

"Aapko aisa kyu lagta hai k mein kisi bhi ladki se shaadi karunga? Jisse mein janta nahi na kuch. Aur agar kar bhi liya fir mein uski taraf dekhunga bhi nahi toh koi sawal hi nahi uthta maa papa ko dadi dada banane ka."
(Why do you think I'll marry someone? Who I don't know or anything. And even if I do then I won't even look at her so there's no questions of parents becoming grandparents)

I said in as polite manner as I could while getting up and leaving to wash my hands and then going back to my room.

~~~

The voice of a slap echoed in the hallway and nothing but the cries of di was to be heard.

"Ye din ke liye har chiz diye the humlog ne tujhe?!" Yelled chachi while crying.
(For this day we gave you everything?!)

Yes, di was caught meeting Aditya. Nothing happened then too but when she mentioned about his caste, this all happened.

"Chachi royie mat na. Pyaar hi toh karti hai kuch galat kaam toh nahi." I said while patting Di's back and hugging her. Chachi looked up at me.
(Chachi don't cry. She only loves, she isn't doing anything wrong)

"Ha par Brahmin se karti hai! Iske papa ko pata chalega toh tum dono ka ghar se jana band ho jayega samjhi? Na mein kuch kar paungi aur na Bhabhi ji kuch kar payengi."
Yes but she loves a Brahmin! If her father gets to know about this, you and her won't be able to get out of this house, got it? I won't be able to do something neither Bhabhi ji can)

I looked at mom and her expression were unreadable. Bhagwan ji please bacha lijiye.
(God please save us)

Before anything else starts, I and Dhriti bhabhi took Aditi with us in her room and made her sit on the bed while I sat on my knees gently rubbing her hand while bhabhi side hugged her.

"Di ro mat na yr. Tu strong hai na? Aditya ko bol baat karne ghar pe aake. Usko pata hai na fir bhi nahi aya wo?"
(Di don't cry. You are strong right? Ask Aditya to come and talk. He knew right then too he didn't came?)

"Meine mana ki thi." Di said while her hiccups weren't stopping.
(I told him not to)

"Tujhe uska number yaad hai?" I asked and she nodded. I handed her my phone.
(You remember his number?)

"Le phone kar aur bula usko. Bol pyaar karta hai toh baat ka-" A loud sound was heard and we all ran downstairs.
(Take, call him ask him to come. Say, if you love me then talk-)

Aditi di hid behind Ishaan bhai along with me and bhabhi as the scene was scary and never in my life I was this scared.

"Tujhe ijazat kisne diya meri beti se baat karne ki?!" Chachu, holding collars of Aditya.
(Who gave you the permission to talk to my daughter?!)

"Sir, I really love your daughter, please give me a chance." Aditya said while his heads down not daring to look up at chachu's eyes.

Chachu slapped him and Papa held chachu back then Ishaan bhai went towards them holding him as well.

"Chachu, jane do na. Ek chance deke dekhte hai." We gulped, no one dares to speak in front of Papa and Chachu. Not even Mom or Chachi.
(Chachu, let it be. Let's give him a chance)

"Tu sikhayega bado ko ke kya karna hai kya nahi?" Papa said in anger this time and there Ishaan bhai shut his mouth.
(You will teach elders on what to do what not to do?)

"Aap log ne bhi toh pyaar kare the na papa?" Di went ahead, besides Aditya. I tried to stop her but Dhriti bhabhi stopped me.
(Even y'all loved eachother right papa?)

"Itni badi ho gayi hai apne papa se aise baat karne ke liye?" Chachi questioned.
(You've grown up so much to talk like this to your father?)

"Nahi, mein abhi bhi choti hu par meine kuch galat nahi ki hu jo mein daru apne aap ke liye bolne se."
(No, I'm still young but I haven't done anything wrong to be scared for standing up for myself)

I held bhabhi's hand tightly, getting scared that this might end up into something very bad.

"Apne bhi toh maa se pyaar kiye the na? Wo bhi toh rajput family se nahi the. Tab aapko caste yaad nahi aayi?"
(Even you loved mom right? Even she wasn't from a rajput family. That time you didn't remember caste?)

Di backfired. Chachu's words were nowhere to be heard. Aditya had his head low till now.

"Ab kyu nahi bolte aap dono? Meine kari toh galat kari Chachu?" She asked Papa as well.
(Why aren't you both saying anything? I did so it is wrong chachu?)

I have to tell she really is strong to stand up for herself. Chachu was about to slap her but Aditya came infront of her.

"Aap please meri wajah se isse mat mariye. Meri galti hai mein iski life me aya par ab itni himmat bhi nahi ke iske saath chodh du. Ye meri life me sab se important hissa ban chuki hai."
(Please don't hit her because of me. It's my fault that I came into her life but now I don't have guts to leave her. She has became an important part of my life)

Chachu looked at him with amusement. Along with Papa. Never have I seen a boy cry apart from Ishaan bhai. Aditya still didn't look up and this time I felt the need of being loved by someone in a way Aditya does.

The thought of a boy leaving was one of the reason why I never had a relationship. Love was the first reason. Love, which is said to be pure is now the word expressed through lust.

The second most reason for me being not so fond of the word love is people say they love you but are using you for lust, timepass and what not. Atleast from what I've seen in this generation.

But in this generation full of timepass I was so happy to say, for the first time, love can actually be pure if you're willing to express it with your actions and the choice of words. Which was because of Aditya.

"Agar Aditi aur mein chahate toh bhag ke bhi shaadi kar sakte the par hum dono ko apne maa papa ki izzat hai. Aur aap logo ki ijazat ke bina hum dono ko ye chiz nahi karni hai."
(If I and Aditi wanted, we would've ran and married eachother but we both respect our parents. And without your permission, we don't want to do this)

A tear rolled down my eyes. The things he said were heartwarming. Even papa asked chachu to give him a chance in sign language. Now I feel like God me when?

"Ghar mein kis kis ko pata hai iss bare me?" Asked Chachu to Aditya.
(Who knows about this?)

"Mummy, papa aur mere kuch dost hai unhe." The smile on Mom and Chachi didn't go unnoticed by us along with the tears that were flowing by all the ladies including me.
(Mummy, Papa, and some of my friends)

"Ye chamtkar kese hogaya?" I whispered to bhabhi.
(How did this miracle happen?)

"Ek baap k liye, unki beti unki izzat rakhe ye mayne rakhta hai. Jo Aditi karti hai." She whispered back and I made an 'oh' look.
(For a father, her daughter keeping his respect is what matters. Which Aditi does)

"Thik hai fir apne ghar walo se baat karwao. Aage ka kya hai dekhte hai."
(Okay then, get us talking to your family. We'll see what to do in future)

Chachu said and we squealed with happiness while Aditi Di did another unexpected thing which I could only imagine of.

To be continued.

What do you think Aditi did?

Did you like the drama? 👀

Don't forget to show some love by voting, commenting, and sharing with your friends! 💞

For updates and spoilers follow me on Instagram : @authorxzoe

1200+ words!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 4.5K 23
Saanvika Niranjan Agrawal, a successful chartered accountant, a girl with no needs, dreams, and life itself....... Lost her father when she was 13 an...
464K 17.6K 41
Abhimanyu Malhotra and Shivani Khanna had been school mates and best of friends..... But the rejection brought them apart!!! After years both were ti...
4.7M 379K 57
When Alaia married the billionaire, Agastya Singhania, she was okay to be stepped in a loveless marriage. She knew from the start that she'd always...
5.9K 588 19
𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐀𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐫𝐢 𝐱 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐯 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚 Miraya Agnihotri married her best friend's only cousin brother, the billionaire R...