Solace

Od Kheinnox

Ive been watching my clan be with their beloved and little ones and i cant help but feel isolated. power? yes... Více

Introduction
I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV

II

274 23 9
Od Kheinnox

IN ANOTHER WORLD

KUEA POV

"i heard you got in the finals again, k. no surprise there. i dont even know how you manipulate those heroes to go along with your complex commands. i swear, if im not your cousin, im really going to get scared of you." kana said grabbing all my customized gears for our flight to the capital central. ill be defending my title as the worlds e-sports champion for the 5th time. i heard my opponent this time got a grudge on me for smacking his rude spawns without mercy. well, who needs mercy when those critters did nothing but annoy me.

"got everything?" i picked up my personal backpack and sling it to my right shoulder, my cap and a face mask.

"yup. everythings packed and ready to go."

"you go first. ill be going with kook."

"again?"

"come on. you know how this works." i pushed him and my luggage along with other two technicians who will be going along with us to the competition.

"i know. i know. but swear to me that youll be safe with kook going to the airport this time. last time, you both barely made in on boarding time."

"thats because were followed by hoards of toxic fans who doesnt know shit about the word privacy and security. we have to take the long way around just to lose them. i though i told you already."

"i know kooks a fine guard given to you by your family but still. you cant make me feel fine whenever youre out of my sight."

"yes, momma hen. now off you go. careful with my stuff. youll pay bigtime if you lose one."

"never. bye." kana turned around, smiled and waved goodbye to me. i dont really get to be sentimental like this but ever since this morning, i feel uncomfortable. i cant help to make remarks as if its the end of my life. my team just looked at me as if im sick or maybe im just a bundle of nerves since the tournament is still ongoing that time.

as expected, when kana opened the door. beyond our meager fence of hedges, a throng of fans pushed themselves to catch a glimpse of me. ever since i made that idiotic move on my first international e-sport game finals, people swarm to me wherever. i called it an idiotic move but people say it was epic and ingenious. nevertheless, after that game, i gained sponsorships, upgraded my gears, shoot commercials and magazines, made money and gained fame. its been five years after that time and im still in love with the game and the thrill it gives.

but

recently, i get these strange dreams. maybe its because of the games i played or the books i read but its so vivid, it felt real. one particular scene stand out though.

a pair of slitted ruby red glowing eyes looking at me through a glass

he felt familiar but every time he opened the glass door, everything faded away.

so strange but quite unnerving. what human got those eyes?

movies influenced me so much, im calling him my vampire.

"sir." kook my driver slash bodyguard slash friend slash genius computer hardware tinker peeked from the door where kana left awhile ago.

"huh?"

"cars outside sir. you ready?"

"sure." i shook myself awake and walked out of the door.

flashes after flashes of cameras from phones and DSLRs were on my face the moment the sun shine on me. given that my car was a mere 5 feet from my door, i should have been inside it in just a couple or more steps.

i didnt

after the first big step that i did towards my car, i felt a huge thud behind me as if someone punch me on my shoulder blades. it took a breath out of me. i was about to turn around to repay who did it but my hand caught something in front of me.

really?

an arrow? in this day and age?

i traced my hand to its origin but it just ended on my chest.

what the hells going on?

i was about to ask kook as i saw him running towards me. never in my life i was shaken. not even during my first ever fight with a pro.

truly, fate plays with me.

a~aaah, im contented with my life.

maybe its the gods saying im done with this chapter.

why is it getting dark?

damn it im so tired.

sleep.

yeah.

that a very good idea.

whoever you are.

---------------------------->>>>>

NO ONES POV

LABORATORY

"whats going on?"

"sir, his vitals suddenly drops. im afraid hes a defective sir."

"WHAT? i spent millions on this one. hes the only one who formed this much. all the other ones just imploded. save him if you want to save your own PATHETIC LIFE!"

"b-but s-sir..."

"OR DO YOU WANT MASTER TO DEAL WITH YOU PERSONALLY?"

"y-yes... i mean n-no sir." the man scampered away to the machines attached to a particular capsule. he tinkers away some buttons and knobs.

the screaming man observed the humanoid inside the capsule and was about to scream again to the man in lab-coats when suddenly, sirens rang inside the five story building.

"transport the source immediately!" he screamed to the nearest lab-coated person he could grab since everyone is already running away and into the basement to scram away from the place.

"no can do sir. we need specialized vehicles to..."

BANG!

BOOM!

CRASH!

a group of black clad people emerged from all over the facility gunning away people they encounter.

a particular one was about to shoot the screaming man but was abruptly stopped by what it seems to be the boss and ordered them to transport him to the "core".

stunned by what he saw, the boss was planted on his tracks in front of the capsule.

minutes passed like seconds

the boss touched the glass with his gloved hand and uttered something that was unexpected and ultimately in luck.

"my singer."

-------------------->>>>>

KUEA POV

im moving

its like im in an airplane... that kind of feeling.

did i make it in time for the flight?

why do i feel like ive been hammered by a truck?

my chest

my chest felt empty

my feets itchy

someones holding my hand... and im lying down?

what happened?

as i opened my eyes, soft warm light greeted me. im laying down on what seems to be a king sized bed. seeing that the windows are like that typical sort of shape, im right that im in an airplane but...

what the hell!

i was about to jump out of bed but the hand that i was holding suddenly been tugged along with my hand on it.

i turned around and was about to scream but i was held down suddenly with both of his palms on my mouth.

"sorry, love. the cabins not sound proof." the ring of his voice stunned me but the piercing slitted red eyes floored me to my core.

its beautiful.

"ill lift my hand but promise me not to scream your heart out okay? youre safe. im not dangerous... for you... maybe... um... i mean...youre out of danger now... so..."

i nodded in reply but his tight grip of his palms on my head somehow restricted me but i guess he got the gist of it and slowly let me go.

i watched him go back to the side of the bed and straightened himself. he moves so elegantly i swear even the most elegant and beautiful swans looked like chickens beside him.

he looked at me and slowly lifted his hand as if to reach for my face.

"beautiful."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

659K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
180K 7.1K 19
What will you do? If you found yourself suddenly falling for someone, you shouldn't fall for, after getting your senses back from staying unconscious...
1.4K 51 14
When a 17-year-boy gets kicked out of his house, a zombie apocalypse begins. It has forced the world to evacuate, he's looking for his parents, but...
3.5K 178 6
She loves him. And almost all of her friends, even her father thinks that he also loves her. The only problem is that she never admitted her feeling...