The Calm Before The Storm

By zaidaw75

There's a man going round taking names and he decide who too free and who too blame but he won't be treating... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Last Chapter

Chapter 6

564 61 17
By zaidaw75

Three months had passed. This time, they spent with their radish who is four months old now their and family. Wei Ying, Lan Zhan left the day of the banquet that would be held signifying the end of the hunt. The whole cultivation world was anxious because during the last three months, they had nothing of the man. The disciples that were sent to spy on the man were all killed and sent back. No note attached to them nothing. The chief cultivator assured them that after the hunt. They will lay a siege against the Yiling Loashi and, this time, get rid of him for good. Those words lifted their spirits once again.

Crows descended upon Koi Tower. Painting the sky black as their cackling vibrated through the air and halls of the banquet, making fear settling in their bones. The sound of the Ghost flute follows swiftly, playing an ominous sound. Sweat starts to form on their foreheads when they hear the sound drew closer and closer. Before they have time to comprehend what's going on. The Yiling Loashi and Hanguang-Jun were standing in the doorway.

The look on the Yiling Loashi's face scared them even more. He had a dark smirk on his face, which does not mean nothing good at all. The two stepped into the hall and started making their way down the aisle. Outside the crows, flapping wings could still be heard. Many were shivering in their seats with fear, and many looked at the Yiling loashi with anger.

The two stopped just short of the dias where Jin Guangshan was sitting on. Jin Guangyoa made his way towards them, but Wei Ying lifted his hand, and it made Jin Guangyoa stop in his tracks.

"I didn't come here to listen to anything you want to say. I have more important things I need to do."

Wei Ying told Jin Guangyoa as he gave him a side glance before he returned his attention to the hall in whole.

"Jin Guangshan. Jin Guangyoa. Nie Mingjue. Jiang Wayin. Sect Leader Yao. Su Minshan and everyone else who had been at the burial mounds to lay siege. Have been found guilty of the murder of my family and my  precious radish. What do you have to say before sentencing commence. Sect Leader Lan, you can go because for you and those involved in hurting Lan Zhan, I have something special in mind. None of you will escape my wrath."

Wei Ying said to Lan Xichen, who was glaring at him in anger before he turned his head towards Lan Zhan.

"Wangji, can't you see that this man is not someone you should associate yourself with. You still have time to turn back. Don't let him drag you down with him."

He said and pleaded with Lan Zhan, who looked at him with an icy cold stare, which took him aback. Because  Wangji had never once turned that type of stare on him or even directed it at him.

"Leave."

Lan Zhan said with a cold voice before he turned his gaze forward. Soft gasps could be heard throughout the hall.

Wei Ying asked them with a cold voice. There was none of his playfulness in his voice. Lan Zhan stood emotionless beside him. Lan Zhan hand on the hilt of bichen.

"You talk about murder when you were the one who had murdered my son by using the ghost general."

Jin Guangshan said, and Wei Ying nodded his head before he spoke.

"Let's talk about that Jin Guangshan. Your son was killed, and by A-Ning, that I will admit. But was it really my fault, Jin Guangyoa?."

Wei Ying asked as he turned his attention towards said man.

"I do not know what the Yiling Loashi means?."

He said innocently.

"Jin Guangyoa, I did not come here to play little word games with you, so do not try my already thin patience."

Wei Ying told him a warning voice. With those words, Jin Guangyoa decided to keep his mouth shut.

"Well, if you won't talk, let me refresh your memory. Jin, whatever his name is, was cursed with the hundred hole curse. He so adamantly believed that I was the one who cursed him with it. He had no trouble gathering over two hundred disciples to go with him. He, of course, told you where he was going."

Wei Ying spoke as he looked at the little snake that gave nothing away from his facial expression.

"What are you trying to say, Yiling Loashi?. That Jin Guangyoa had something to do of what had happened to sect heir Jin death?."

Nie Huaisang asked from where he was sitting.

"He wasn't the only one Huaisang. Someone else was also involved, you see. Su Minshan is the one who played the flute that override Wen Ning's command. That resulted in Jin Zixuan death. So now tell me why my family and son had to die when the two men responsible for Jin Zixuan death get to live. Why did my family have to slaughtered like animals?. But let's not forget the real reason here. It was never about the death of Jin Zixuan, but to obtain the only thing that Jin Guangshan has been after since after the war. The Stygian Tiger Amulet. "

Wei Ying spoke as he looked at two men.

"Yiling Loashi, you think i would believe someone like you. You who protected the same people who had killed my father and mother and my sister. You are and always be held responsible for the deaths. Mother was right that you would bring destruction to my sect, and you did. Didn't you. You traitor."

Jiang Wayin sneered angrily at Wei Ying as he approached him with Zidian let out dangers purple sparks on his wrist.

"Jiang Wayin, your mother was an arrogant bitch who let the Wen in. What did she think would happen. Tell me?. They came for tea and cookies?. Your parents knew that lotus pier would be attacked sooner or later. The Wen attacked the Cloud Recess. What made you think any of the other major sects were safe?. Jiang Wayin. Three months. Your father had three months to prepared but instead, he chose to turn a blind eye. Many of the smaller sects were already decimated by then. You really thought Wen Rouhan didn't know what he was doing?.

Wei Ying spoke as anger wells inside him, never taking his eyes of Jiang Wayin, who was looking at Wei Ying with anger and hatred in his eyes.

"If you didn't try to play the hero. Did not anger Wen Chao and save the second young master lan and Jin Zixuan, then they would never have attacked us. Because of you, my father and mother were killed, and my sect burned to the ground. Because of you, I have lost my golden core."

He spat the words angrily at Wei Ying, who for a minute looked shocked at his last statement.

When his words finally registered, Wei Ying almost wanted to laugh.

"No, it was not because of me, Jiang Wayin. That was all you. You didn't think that they would hurt you?." Did you?." They wanted to wipe out the whole Jiang clan and you handed yourself to them on a silver platter. You talk about protecting the Wen as if they had a hand in your sects decimating. Those same two people who you helped kill. Are the same two people who saved us and kept us hidden when the Wen soldiers were looking for us. Or did you forget sect leader Jiang."

Wei Ying said as he glared at him.

"Let me tell you who's golden core is spinning in your lower daintian sect leader Jiang. Mine. I gave my golden core. Wen Qing took it out of me and put it into you."

Wei Ying continues as Jiang Wayin face turns different shades as he process what Wei Ying just told him. Everyone in the room were shocked by the news except for two people that is. When Jiang Wayin finally found his voice he let zidian out and let it slither on the floor. Wei Ying didn't flinch once. He held Jiang Wayin stare.

"So you do want me to thank you. You owe me this core. It's because of my sect that you were even able to form a golden core. So you just gave it back to its rightful owner. Me."

He sneered and Wei Ying chuckles darkly.

"Rightful owner don't make me laugh. I do not owe you anything Jiang Wayin. But of it will make you feel better to think that than so be it. I will though be taking it back. You have corrupted my core with your hatred and jealousy."

Wei Ying said and moved to fast for anyone and Jiang Wayin to comprehend what is happening. Wei Ying lifted him up and punched through his lower daintian when he retracted his hand he let a shocked Jiang Wayin fall to the ground as he stood with the golden core that once was his between his thumb and fore finger.

"Jiang Wayin you always was a prideful fool. Always thinking about status and what other people think or say about you. You have ridicule me about it more times than I can count. So now I let you die a commoner the one thing that you have feared so much of becoming."

Wei Ying said as he breaks the golden core into pieces. Jiang Wayin lays there as life slowly leaves his eyes. Fear and recognition register on everyone's faces. They realise that if this boy wanted he could have killed them all. He could have destroyed them but he did not. Instead he chose to die. They did not beat him because they were stronger and mightier. No they only beat him because he let them.

Wei Ying walked back to stand beside Lan Zhan once again.

"Like i said. I did not come here to listen to you people. You will see why you should've have feared me. I have shown you mercy one by taking my own life. That won't be the case today though."

He took Chenqing from his hip and brought it up to his lips never breaking eye contact with Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyoa.  He started playing an all familiar tune and soon fierce corpses filled the room. Through his playing he gave an order and two fierce corpses went outside. When he was done he pulled Chenqing from his lips and lowered his hand.

"Now we wait just a little. Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyoa I do hope that you are ready for what I have in store for the two of you. For the others as you can see I brought along some friends who are quite hungry. I suggest that you don't resist to much because it will make everything just so much nastier."

Wei Ying said with his usual arrogant smirk.

"You really think you can beat all of us Yiling Loashi. You even had Hanguang-Jun fooled by using your wicked tricks on him."

Wei Ying turns his head towards the voice that pissed him off in his previous life and continues to do so even now. Wei Ying didn't even indulge Jin Zixun with an answer. He instead whistle a sharp few notes and two fierce corpses decended on Jin Zixun. His screams made people slapped their hands over their ears. All you can hear is flesh being ripped of and tear apart. His screams slowly starts to disappear until there was only the sounds of flesh being eaten and ripped.

Many threw up and some fainted from the sight. The two fierce corpses came walking through the door and made their way down the aisle. They bow when they reach Wei Ying and Lan Zhan.

"Is it done?."

Wei Ying asked them, and they made a grunt sound.

"Good, bring those two, and if they resist. Dragged them outside. The rest of you can also make your way outside now."

Wei Ying said as he started walking with Lan Zhan beside him. The others had no choice but to get up and follow behind a screaming and squirming Jin Guangyoa and Jin Guangshan wondering what would happen to the two men. What death awaits them on the outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 796 61
Weiying and Wangji had a chance encounter when they were 15 years old. Their encounter was brief yet left lasting impressions which fueled an unfulf...
68.8K 3.8K 110
No matter what Jiang cheng does, it somehow always turns against him. Stuck in the past, under his brother. After being abandoned by everyone he want...
26.7K 1.2K 24
An au fanfic of Modern!Wei Wuxian and Modern!Jiang Yanli 'transmigrated' back to the ancient China after the original Wei Wuxian and Jiang Yanli died...
36.4K 4.5K 40
Becoming a widow a couple of weeks shy of her fortieth birthday had never been Yu Ziyuan's plan. It had been so unexpected that she had yet to proces...