Attraction To Affection

By authorinaaya

Book 1 of Affection Series ♡ You were an unexpected surprise, the defining moment. The collision of stars tha... More

Dedication
Playlist
Characters
Chapter 1: Result Day and Trip
Chapter 2: Hot men
Chapter 3: Returning Home
Chapter 4: First Encounter
Chapter 5: Freshers' Party
Chapter 6: Lineage not to be broken
Chapter 7: First Official Day
Chapter 8: New Friends
Chapter 9: Exploring and Rolling
Chapter 10: Glares and Allegations
Chapter 11: Hugs and Crushes
Chapter 12: Day Out
Chapter 13: Ani's Birthday
Chapter 14: Realisation
Chapter 15: Reunion
Chapter 16: Basketball
Chapter 17: Feelings
Chapter 18: Sleepover
Chapter 19: Final Match
Chapter 20: Confession
Chapter 21: Afraid to fall
Chapter 22: Confrontation
Chapter 23: First Date
Chapter 24: Kiss
Chapter 25: Christmas
Chapter 26: Jodhpur
Chapter 27: home is where the heart is
Chapter 28: Truth and Dare
Chapter 29: Champagne Confetti
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: After
Chapter 32: Accident
Chapter 33: Grief
Chapter 34: biggest turn on?
Chapter 35: tease & misunderstanding
Chapter 36: tease pt.2
Chapter 37: Nysa Day
Chapter 38: Best Day of My life
Chapter 39: First Crush
Chapter 40: 365 Days
Chapter 41: Punch
Chapter 42: Reconciliation
Chapter 43: Graduation
Chapter 44: Reminiscence
Chapter 45: Farewell
Chapter 46: Didn't Work
Chapter 47: Efforts
Chapter 48: Sorted
Chapter 49: Still With You
Chapter 50: Rai ki Mehndi
Chapter 51: Ruhaan ka Sangeet
Chapter 53: Royalty!
Chapter 54: Maturity
Chapter 55: CEO
Chapter 56: Paris
Chapter 57: Français
Chapter 58: Forever
Chapter 59: Final Checklist
Chapter 60: The Perfect Secret Dress
Chapter 61: Mehndi and the Game
Chapter 62: Dance the Night Away
Chapter 63: Happily Ever After
Chapter 64: Home
Epilogue

Chapter 52: Joota Chhupai

48 8 0
By authorinaaya

NYSA

"Uthja Nysa, Rai bahut maaregi!" I heard someone shouting when I woke up rubbing my eyes and all my friends were standing infront of me with crossed arms.

My vision cleared and I saw both Any and V along with Ritik, Rohan and Aditya all ready except ofcourse me.

Shit.

I stood up running to the washroom when I heard them laughing on me.

I won't talk to Aryan today. He wakes up himself but doesn't care to wake me up. I'll show him my true side today.

I quickly got ready within 20 minutes and came out to see Any along with Ritik and Aditya talking about something.

"Anyyy!" I whined pointing to my face and she quickly stood up while the other two laughed.

I rolled my eyes wearing my jewellery and she did my minimal makeup exactly the way I wanted.

"I'll kill Aryan today!" I glared in the mirror and she chuckled fixing my hair.

"We'll see that. Aaj maar hi de lekin usse pehle khud mat mar jaana. Main toh halka sa bach gayi!" She whispered not wanting the other two to listen probably about her hot Anirudh rants.

"Kyu?" I frowned in confusion.

"Unn dono ko dekhegi na? Shit bro. Matlab haldi Ruhaan ki hai aur jach woh dono rahe hai. Anirudh thoda zyaada bas!" She exclaimed with widened eyes and I slapped her arm away.

"Aryan zyaada accha lag raha hoga pakka. Tu mil li?" I asked standing up wearing my yellow embroidered footwear.

"Nope, dur se dekha. Tujh jaisi Kumbhkaram ko uthane aa gaye hum sab." She replied and we walked after taking some great pictures along with Ritik and Aditya.

"Tum dono ki girlfriends ki choice hai na yeh sab because I don't think you guys are that high on fashion?" I teased knowing Ritik doesn't have one yet.

Ritik and Aditya both pushed me lightly making me glare at them.

"We are better than you both in clothes." Aditya replied and we both nodded sassily like we are actually taking that comment.

"Thoda degree wagera dekh kar baat karni chahiye." I remarked earning a flick on my forehead.

"Haww!" I gasped slapping his arms and he just laughed.

We came downstairs and found Rai sitting gracefully in her beautifull yellow dress with her wavy hair flowing giving her that elegant look.

Rai Nysa Any V

Both Rai and Ruhaan's haldi program was seperate, well seperates just by a few metres.

Rai grinned at something Rohan said and just as we reached, she narrowed her eyes at me. I mouthed a sorry and she smiled back nodding her head.

"Bro! Kitne rupay maangne chahiye tere Ruhaan se?" Any teased sitting beside her.

"Kis cheez ke liye?" She asked back and Any leaned towards her ear making it audible only for us.

"Joota chhupai! Rohan chadhne wala hai uss par." She whispered making everyone laugh but Rai laughed more looking at Rohan.

"15 lakh se kam mat lena." Rai smirked towards me and I smirked back.

"Chalo baccho! It's haldi time!" Aunty announced smiling at all of us and we backed away giving the space to her family first.

I glanced around to get a glimpse of Aryan when I saw him talking to Anirudh and Vihaan.

Ruhaan Aryan Anirudh Vihaan

He was standing wearing this mirror work kurta I got him but what looked hot on him was his well settled slicked back hair, clean shaved face and sunglasses giving him that boyish manly look.

But I am mad at him. I averted my gaze from him when he noticed me glaring at him and I indulged myself in conversations with my friends.

"Dude! Everything's ready?" Any whispered to Rohan and he nodded glancing at Rai.

We are turning this holi to a water bomb fight. I am aware we'll get scolded by our parents but this moment is never coming back.

Just as I was thinking about it, I felt a hand around my waist and a touch on my hair knowing exactly who the person is.

"If you look around, you'll see our parents are here too so if you be kind enough to remove your hand from my waist." I asked but he tightened his hold.

I slapped his arm away and he laughed putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Kya hua subah subah?" He asked and I looked upto him with narrowed eyes.

"You leave at probably like 8 I assume so can't you wake me up before going out? I have to embarrass myself everyday and I am thinking my first nickname is going to be Kumbhkaran." I replied and he leaned in putting off his sunglasses.

"Second nickname actually. First is toh always going to be love." He pecked my forehead and I glanced around to see everyone busy making me thank to god.

"If you don't stop doing that, I won't talk to you for the rest of the wedding." I glared at him and he smiled pinching my cheeks.

"You look pretty, actually very pretty. You are not so subtle with the whole matching thing though." He said and I patted his chest.

"Didn't mean to be." I replied and he grinned wrapping his arm around my shoulder again.

We looked straight where Rai was sitting and it was finally our time to apply her haldi.

"Ruhaan's haldi done?" I asked and he nodded.

"I came here after applying him only." He replied and I nodded my head.

"Chalo phir Rai rai ko lagate and let us show you how real haldi is like." I smirked and he smiled knowingly following me.

I applied a little haldi on her face, her arms and her feet which made her smile lowly at me but I mouthed 'it's going to be okay'.

I glanced back to see all of them smirking when they threw a whole bucket of water at Rai.

Her eyes widened and she was shocked for a moment but none of us cared. I was laughing when I felt a splash of water on me too.

I looked back to see V and Any laughing their lives out while everyone else were laughing too.

"You both are gone!" I grabbed my lehenga with one hand and ran after them with a bucket in my hand.

I was just going to throw water on them when it all fell on Anirudh. His eyes widened too and he looked at me in horror.

"You little piece of devil, I'll show you!" He pulled his kurta sleeves up walking dangerously towards me when I hid behind Aryan and Nevaan.

I found a bucket nearby and threw all the water over both of them.

"NYSA! We were saving you and you betrayed us!" Both of them shouted and they threw water back on laughing V and Any.

This revenge game continued for another hour until everyone was soaking wet laughing their guts out.

Our parents glared at us but I know they were internally very happy seeing us enjoy. We ran from their glares and I was just getting my sticky hair in one place when a hand grabbed my hair in one and tied them in a good ponytail.

"Thankyou!" I replied turning back knowing it was him again.

He pinned me to the nearby pillar away from the eyes of everyone and leaned towards me.

"You're loving it, aren't you?" I asked in amusement.

"What?" He asked laughing with his wet hair curtaining his forehead.

"This pinning to walls and pillars." I answered crossing my arms and he chuckled holding my waist when I felt something paste-y.

I looked down to see haldi in his hand and now on my waist.

"You!" I exclaimed when he shushed me.

"Pyaar ki haldi hai meri." He teased and I chuckled at his cute antic.

"Cheesy much, huh?"

I applied haldi on his cheek too taking it from his hand.

"Lo maine bhi lagadi apne pyaar ki haldi!" I teased back.

"Cheesy much, huh?" He mocked my tone joining our foreheads making me smile at this man and his cute antics which never lets me get mad at him.

We moved to the washroom area to wash the haldi off our body and rushed to our rooms to change as drenched wet clothes are so uncomfortable for me and most probably for everyone.

I took a shower and we all ate breakfast followed by a good lunch. We planned the whole juta chhupai thing and the only thing i was excited was this.

We three girls got ready together starting at 4 in the afternoon and ending by 6 with makeup artists and hair stylists Rai's family hired for all of us.

V Any Nysa

We looked exactly how we imagined ourselves and all I could think was how Rai might be feeling about everything.

Marriage is supposedly the most important and life changing event in anyone's life. Although arrange marriages are still so common but imagining her with a person who's not trustworthy enough makes me sick.

We decided to take some group photos along with solo photos and they turned out pretty well. After the pictures and the whole photography session, we came to Rai's room to see her sitting like the most beautiful bride to ever exist.

She looked gorgeous, ethereal, total rani-sa types and all the adjectives out there that could describe someone's beauty.

She wore this beautiful zari embroidered lehenga from the royal family and her neck was adorned with probably crores worth of jewellery making her look the queen which she is going to be in a few months.

V was speechless while Any showered trails of compliments making her grin widely.

"But it's so heavy, I can barely walk!" She whined.

"Eh! You'll be fine!" Any shrugged when Ritik, Rohan, Aditya and Nevaan entered the room with Nevaan acting like he got an heart attack.

"This is Raina Jain? The real Raina Jain?" Nevaan asked with widened eyes making everyone laugh while Rai looked at him fondly.

"Pakad hi liya na ek ameer aulad." Ritik commented like old times.

"Jealous huh?" Rai smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"Behn hai iski koi?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Hai na par pategi nhi." Rai replied sassily.

"Aisi kya hoor ki pari hai!" He remarked making everyone laugh.

"Pehli girlfriend badi hoor ki pari thi na." I teased and he brought his done annoyed face.

"Zyaada ban rahi hogi. Jaa, apne Aryan ke pass jaa!" He pushed me gently when I turned around slapping his arms.

"Kam se kam hai toh Aryan, tere pass kaun hai?" I teased again and he was going to speak something but aunty called them for work leaving just us girls.

Boys are workers in a shaadi wala ghar.

"I want to tell you guys something." Rai declared and we nodded sitting on the couch.

"I don't say it out loud but I love you guys. The time I spent with you guys has been the best time of my whole life. I smiled and only smiled when I was with you three. It won't come again, I know but if I get a chance to relive a time of my life, I would a 100 times choose the time we spent together from school to college. I don't know if we'll get much time together from now on but you guys live in my heart and you're always gonna have that place. I wish we could get together every few months because I would really love that. Thankyou guys for everything you did. Thankyou Nysa for listening to my rubbish, to everything I couldn't tell anyone else, Thankyou Any for ALWAYS making me smile and laugh, I'll never forget our unnecessary yet necessary fights and Thankyou V for always taking care of my wants and needs secretly, I notice everything. I love you guys so much. You're my soul sisters." She said and my emo self teared up.

All the moments we spent together came rushing back in my mind and all I want now is to go back when we were just 15 year olds who didn't care about anything else except having fun.

"We love you Rai. We love you so much. We just want you to stay happy and safe. We want you to always call us if you're down or if you want someone to talk to. We're always going to be there for you, just know that. Its just our fourth chapter of friendship and there'll be many ahead, we promise." Any said and we all nodded in agreement.

I am too emotional to say anything right now. Aunty came and I mentally thanked her. It was time for her to go and I saw aunty getting so emotional.

We came out giving them some alone time when Any wrapped her arm around my shoulder and we came downstairs to the wedding venue changing the topic.

It was 7:30 when Ruhaan made his entry with his cousins around and I glanced around when Aryan, Anirudh and Vihaan came around.

Ruhaan Aryan Anirudh Vihaan

V excused walking to her parents making Vihaan drop his eyes and he went in another direction too. These two will regret this one day.

I looked at the only man I want to see in this whole crowd and he looked dashing hot in his ivory gold outfit. I knew it that he'd look amazing.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you!" He exclaimed in joy making me grin at him in amusement.

"The woman of my dreams!" He said making me giggle.

"You're sparkling under the moon so much, I bet it's going to be distracting for so many people!" He complimented pulling me close and I looked around to see his parents directly looking at us with a smile.

"Your parents are looking!" I whispered and he glanced at them too turning back to me.

"They don't care because they love you and they know I love you!" He spoke and I kissed his cheek walking to my parents and Samayra.

"You guys look good." They complimented us while Samayra hugged Aryan.

"I know right." I said and both of them chuckled.

"I swear, Rai looks so beautiful. She's just our Rani-sa." I exclaimed with joy telling them about her.

"She's going to be Rani-sa." My mother replied and I nodded in agreement.

The dhol started to play which indicated Rai's entry. We all girls came together and saw her walking towards her soon-to-be husband.

I am already loving it!

She walked gracefully and reached the steps of the stage surrounded by her sisters and brothers.

Ruhaan came and forwarded his hand for Rai to hold. She grabbed his hand and her cousin helped her to walk on the stage as the lehenga was really heavy.

Aryan came beside me and I side-hugged him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I want us like this in some years from now." I said smiling at Rai.

"I want that too so badly." He said caressing my cheek pecking my hair.

"I love you Aryan." I said looking at Rai and Ruhaan.

"I know!" He replied and I smiled at him breaking the hug.

It was time for the plan. We all roamed around without giving out any hints of what we were planning to do.

Rai's cousins weren't interested enough so that leaves us to do the rasam and get our hands on the money.

"7 people, 21 lakhs, that makes 3 lakh for each one of us." V whispered glancing around so that no one notices us.

But why would anyone notice something weird? We are toh casually walking around as it's our best friend's wedding.

After everyone took the photos, 10 of us climbed the stage for the group wedding photo and we three girls got rid of our heels already.

I gestured Rohan to stand beside Ruhaan before Anirudh could, me and Any sat down on both sides of Ruhaan's legs while to avoid any suspicion, V sat beside Rai on the floor.

Ritik and Rohan stood just behind Ruhaan while Aryan, Vihaan and Anirudh stood behind Rai along with Nevaan smiling like fools infront of the camera.

I raised my hand a little out of the reach of groom side's sight.

"1, 2, 3....go!" I whispered and both me and Any grabbed Ruhaan's leg which made him groan.

Aditya ran trying to take his jutey from his feet when Aryan, Vihaan and Anirudh came to his rescue along with some of his other cousins.

But before they could come to us, Nevaan and Ritik shielded us literally playing kabaddi with them.

"Grab his hands, grab him, grab him!" Any shouted and Rohan climbed on Ruhaan hugging him like his life depended on those 3 lakhs.

Aditya got Ruhaan's jutey and he ran for his life down the stage followed by all of us.

I picked up my lehenga and ran after him protecting him from the whole groom side.

I glanced back to see Aryan, Vihaan and Anirudh running after us in full speed like it was some sprinting competition.

Aditya halted due to the pillar and Vihaan was going to catch him when he threw the jutey to Rohan who somehow dodged Anirudh running up the stairs of our floor.

As much as it was fun, it was tiring as fuck.

"Heyyyy bhagwaan!!" Rohan shouted as he slipped on the floor and Anirudh grabbed the jutey declaring the win but it was too soon.

Any turned him around, kissed him taking the jutey from his hands and throwing it to me.

I ran for my life to the top floor reserved for the groom and gestured Ritik and Nevaan to stay on the ground floor.

I was followed by Aryan and one of Ruhaan's cousins.

"I'll catch you and then I'll show you who you were messing up with." Aryan shouted while I increased my pace.

"You never won from me in race and you never will!" I shouted back pretending to take a turn to climb down the stairs but before I did, I looked down and threw the jutey because it got very tiring.

I stopped by the railing when Ritik catched them after those stuck his head but who cares as long as we win.

I smirked looking at the two men while his cousin ran, Aryan stopped with sweat dripping off his forehead and he breathed heavily mixed with my same condition.

"You are sneaky really." He smirked coming towards me.

"I never lose. 3 lakhs on stake." I replied backing away from him.

"Bas?" He smirked and I chuckled turning away for another sprint.

"Mere akele ke!" I glanced back to see his widened eyes and I ran down to see Ritik jumping around while some girl jumped to grab the jutey but her height didn't allow her.

"Yaha fek! Yaha fek! Behre insaan yaha fek!" Aditya shouted while Ritik's eyes were fixed on that girl.

"Saale bahut gaali khaayega!" Rohan shouted with his one hand supporting his back.

Ritik came out of his trance and threw them at me. They landed on my face and as much as I wanted to curse and beat the shit out of him, I ran towards the stage back followed by everyone else.

I climbed the stairs and stood behind Ruhaan to which the whole bride side smirked while the groom side whined like small kids.

"Paisa nikaalo jiju!" I teased forwarding my hand when Anirudh neared to take them again but Any pulled him back locking his hands with hers.

"Kitne chahiye?" He asked in a boring tone.

"Ikkis lakh nagad." V stated clearly making everyone's eyes go wide while Rai tried to suppress her laugh sitting back sassily on the couch.

Ruhaan's expression didn't budge but he did call his brother named Avyan (the guy who followed me on the top floor) and he handed the three of us 21 lakhs.

"Mere jutey?" He asked but I nodded in denial.

We handed the money to Ritik, Rohan, Aditya and Nevaan and turned back to face him.

"On one condition." Any said making him nod his head.

"You need to make three promises." V said and he raised his eyebrows while everyone went silent.

"First, you'll never hurt her and always make her feel safe and secure." Any spoke and he slightly nodded his head.

"I promise." He replied.

"Second, you'll always stand beside her holding her hand in everything and listen to her because she won't unless you don't ask her about her issues." V said and he nodded.

"I promise." He replied.

"You'll keep her happy and comfort her whenever she needs it. She won't ever ask for it but make sure she has it. A tear in her eyes and we three will kill you." I said glancing at her and she stood up with a smile on her face.

"I promise." He replied with no expression on his face but his eyes were not cold anymore.

"Lijiye aapke jutey jijaji!" Any teased handing them to him and he chuckled lightly wearing them.

We hugged Rai and the photographer clicked our picture. I climbed down to see Aryan with a smile on his face and I know it's probably a proud one.

"Chal be paise laa!" Me and Any forwarded our hand to Rohan and he handed our money to us.

"Itni der se yahi kar raha tha?" I asked seeing a whole stack of notes with 5 more probably to distribute among them.

"Honge tum baniya lekin paisa sabko pyaara hai!" Aditya replied and I ascended the stairs to reach Aryan.

My parents glared laughing at me and I just flexed the money to them.

"Chalo iske baad tumhe kahi leke chalungi iss paise se!" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

"Theek hai! Chalenge!" He replied and I leaned my head on his shoulder laughing on my own antic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 3K 61
[Re-editing the chapters from 1 to 20 and also changing the name of female lead after finishing the story] [NOT AN MAFIA OBESSION STORY] KIM TAEHYUNG...
688K 36.1K 41
COMPLETED✅ #1 on indian on 23/3/21 #1 on care on 25/5/21 #1 on india #1 on together on 10/10/21 #1 on apart Veer Singhania. A self made billionaire...
61.5K 2.1K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
127K 4.7K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...