The Fire Between Us {Neteyam...

By sayam5678

You are the daughter of the Chief of the Ash People who reside in the volcanoes. As you struggle with a troub... More

The Fire Between Us
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
33.
34.
The End.

35.

941 28 1
By sayam5678

The fire within me and around me has cooled down. Flames has finished his task and I call him towards me. His figure rests on the bloody sand and I stand beside Neteyam, looking only at him, thinking only of him. Jake Sully and Neytiri rush towards us and stop when they see Neteyam's state.

"Help me carry him" I say to Jake Sully and he instantly picks Neteyam up and rests him on Flames's back. I get on Flames as well and he rises from the ground, his wings beating at a steady pace. I signal him to move forward and we take off at intense speed.

I look back to see the once beautiful Metkayina clan now ripped apart. Bridges once connecting the clan now rest on top of the blue sea. Countless dead bodies lay on the sand and their loved ones cry beside them, crying out eywa's name. Others put out fires on top of homes and push away the dead bodies of animals inhabitant to the sea. But despite all this damage all I can think of is him. Neteyam's body lies still behind me and tears fall onto my face. I can't lose him. I can't live with myself knowing he died because of me. My heart hurts and every breath I take is another stab to my heart.

Eywa please save him.

I run my fingers down his chest, still feeling a heartbeat and that is hope enough for me. I make Flames go immensely faster and I carry Neteyam's body so it is in my lap.

Head to the Tree of Souls, Flames.

No one can save him now but eywa. I whisper prayers under my breath as I attempt to close the wound from the outside by burning his flesh together. The spear is still in his chest and I don't want to take it out.

"Please Neteyam come back to me. Don't leave me like this please." I run my fingers along the wound and carefully merge the skin together but he isn't reacting to the pain.

I move his braids back from his face and provide warmth to his body. I hum a song that I used to sing to my mother when she was on her death bed, hoping that this time it works. The evening wind causes my tears to fall on his chest and we remain like this for a moment.

He wanted to go home. So i'm taking him there.

...

We're here (Y/n)

I look up to see the tree of souls glistening under the night sky. I can feel eywa's energy radiating from it. I have always read about this place so it was simple to recognize it. Flames begins to decent downwards towards it and I hold Neteyam tighter. He should have been gone by now but I know he's holding on.

Flames rests on the soft grass and I carefully hold Neteyam and carry him to the tree. Forest Na'vi begin to notice my arrival and hold their mouths in shock when they see Neteyam. They begin to call out to others but I keep looking straight. We arrive underneath the tree of souls and I lay Neteyam down.

The tree of souls is the closest connection to Eywa on Pandora. I take Neteyam's tail and connect it to a branch. The other Na'vi gather around and watch from farther away.

Once he connects to the tree I see a light go around his body and I take this chance and connect my own tail to the same branch. I rest my hand on Neteyam's chest and close my eyes.

Save him eywa

The world goes silent around me and in my mind I see a bright light. I reach out my hand for it and once I get close it explodes into a ray of colour.
.
.
.

I'm in a forest. It glows under the night sky and the sound of crickets chirping surrounds me. I look up and see Neteyam standing in front of me. My eyes widen as I see him and tears begin to fall on my face. He remains still and looks in my eyes unemotionally just like I had the first time I saw him.

Just then a slice of fire in a straight line lights between us. It burns furiously and I can barely make out Neteyam on the other side.

I don't know what to do. I can't control this fire it's not responding to me. I can barely see Neteyam anymore.

Stay true to yourself

I remember my mothers words and take a deep breath. I will speak the truth.

"I grew up alone by the volcanoes. I lost the one who cared for me and was raised by someone who did not. I was given the power to control fire but even that was not enough to heal my heart. I asked Eywa for a miracle and there you were. You are the most beautiful being I have ever met and you cared for me when no one else did. The time I spent with you made me long for your company more. You were kind and gentle and brave and I couldn't stop feeling for you."

I see the fire in front of me go down and become less intense. I step closer, ignoring the burning pain I feel. My throat feels dry and I'm sweating because of the heat but I persist.

"All my barriers are down and I stand here as I am. I have made so many mistakes and my solution is you. You are the miracle I have longed for. Now that I have you, don't leave me."

The flames begin to slowly lessen and I know how to put it out now. I have to speak the words I have been feeling this entire time because that is my truth.

"I love you Neteyam."

The fire between us extinguishes.
.
.
.

I open my eyes and look at Neteyam who lies beside me, his chest frozen.

"No... it can't be. Oh Neteyam." A torrent of tears escapes my eyes, falling upon his chest where the fatal spear remains embedded. I cradle his lifeless form in my arms, the weight of grief overwhelming.

The world around us is silent, echoing the hollowness in my heart. But in the quiet I hear a faint sound, gradually growing louder until I make out what it is. It's singing. The forest Na'vi are singing something sacred.

I try to ignore it, drowned in my sorrow, but the music persists, weaving through the air like a comforting veil. As I look behind me, a scene unfolds - the Forest Na'vi, seated in a big circle, hands clasped, swaying gently. Their voices rise in a harmonious chorus, reciting words I can't comprehend.

The Tree of Souls seems to be responding to their sacred song, glowing more vividly with each note. In the midst of the ritual, I see Jake Sully and his family, tears streaming down their faces, participating in the ceremonial ritual.

Their voices grow louder and I feel the ground below me beating like it has a heartbeat. Oh lord, could it be eywa's heartbeat?

The voices of the forest Na'vi ring throughout the jungle, a melodious tune that brings hope in my heart.

"Eywa, bring him back" I say under my breath.

That's when I see a light growing from Neteyam's chest. My eyes widen in awe as it grows brighter and brighter until it covers Neteyam's figure completely. Everyone and everything goes silent.

My eyes are closed and I squeeze Neteyam's hand, begging for him to be alive. There is nothing more I want than for him to be alive.

I feel a faint movement against my fingers. Oh my god.

I open my eyes to see Neteyam's gold eyes staring into mine.

"Is this real?" I ask. He lifts his hand and cups my cheek, wiping away my tear.

"I love you too (Y/n), let's get married." I giggle softly and smile at him warmly. I notice the spear and the wound is completely gone from his chest.

"Thank you eywa" I say aloud and with that the Na'vi cheer in happiness. Jake Sully and his family rush towards him and Neytiri kisses his forehead. "Thank you, oh great mother, thank you." She cries in happiness while Tuk and Kiri hug her.

"You did well, son. I'm so proud of you" Jake Sully says and Neteyam smiles at him. Jake Sully looks at me and says "thank you for everything."

"Sister!" I smile as Tehiti runs up and hugs me.

"Yes thank you. I couldn't be more happier than knowing you are with my son" Neytiri adds on and I smile at them. Lo'ak caresses Neteyam's head and whispers something in his ear that makes the both of them smirk.

"The Ash People will no longer be a threat to you or anyone on Pandora again" I say to Jake Sully. "Will you lead them now?" he asks.

"I don't want to be their queen just yet. I think I know someone else who will be perfect for the role just until i'm ready to lead" I reply. Tehiti smiles at me knowingly and I ruffle his hair.

A forest Na'vi comes up to us and says "we would love to have you here with us in the forest, Toruk Makto."

Jake Sully looks at his family and sees their pleading eyes. I can tell they want to be here more than anything.

"Alright. We will spend time here in the forest."

"YESSS!!" Lo'ak cries and Tuk does a happy dance. Even Neytiri smiles greatly at this and I look at Neteyam to see him smiling too. He sits up slowly and moves his head close to my ear. "Thank you for bringing me home" he whispers and places a kiss on my cheek. I blush a deep red and Kiri raises an eyebrow at us. Lo'ak pats Neteyam's back and the rest smile at us. I couldn't be more happy. In the end it was all worth it. Those who ruined my life are gone and my people can see better days now.

I wouldn't be here if it weren't for this power I hold. It's my greatest blessing and a strength I will use for good. That's a promise.

...

One month later

...

"My name is (Y/n) and I am the daughter of the former chief of the Ash People, Dinraal. As you may know I killed him because not only was he unjust but unworthy of ruling. He tortured many for years but his reign has ended. His desire was for me to be your queen and continue his ways but that won't be happening. I will be gone for a while exploring Pandora and for the meantime, I will be assigning a new leader of the Ash People. By the power bestowed upon me by our ancestors, I hereby declare Tuntak the leader of the Ash Clan. May you heal our land, uncle." I place the sacred crown atop his head and we exchange a smile.

"Have fun with your prince, i'll make things better here."

"I know you will. I trust you." I make my way beside him and the Ash People cheer and yell in happiness.

This is a new beginning for my people. This is what my mother wanted, I hope she's smiling at me now. I look to my side to see Tehiti smiling at me and I'm happy to know he will be staying with the Sully family while Neteyam and I explore Pandora together. It was Neteyam's idea and I couldn't refuse. I mean, so much time alone together while looking at the beauty of Pandora? Now that sounds relaxing and nice.

"Good luck Tuntak" I say and Tehiti and I make our way to Flames who is in his massive volcano. I remember the first time walking towards here when we were leaving to go to the Metkayina clan. It's crazy how life changes so fast.

Flames reacts to our arrival by exiting his volcano and featuring for the both of us to sit atop him. I run my hand over his figure, his scales feeling smooth under my skin. I place a kiss on his head and get on his back after Tehiti.

...

I see the forest coming into view and Lo'ak, Kiri and Tuk wave at is from down below. I rest Flames to the side where he is hidden by thick trees and climb off after Tehiti.

"Hey guys!" Tuk says with a big smile.

"Hi!" Tehiti replies in excitement.

"Follow us" Lo'ak says and begins to make his way deeper in the forest. Tuk slips her hand in mine and Tehiti's and he blushes a little.

We walk through the forest and I admire the beauty of it. I understand why they would want to come back here.

"We are home" Kiri announces and I look in front of me to see the home of the forest Na'vi.

It's breathtaking. The architecture of the Forest Na'vi home is an organic symphony of curving lines and flowing forms. Structures seamlessly meld with the natural contours of the trees, reflecting a deep respect for the environment. Woven vines, adorned with luminescent flowers, serve as both decorative elements and functional components, providing stability and support to their dwellings. It's incredible.

I stare in awe at their home, analyzing every feature so deeply that I don't notice Jake Sully and Neytiri standing in front of me.

Neytiri's voice brings me back and she says "i'm glad you are liking my home."

"Yes I am. It's very beautiful."

"All of your things are packed, weapons, food, clothing everything you need are attached to the both of your ikrans. Let me take show you."

"I'll be right there I just need to do one thing" I reply and he nods and leads the rest of them to the ikrans. I make my way to Flames and soothe his scales while saying "dont miss me too much."

Take me with you, (Y/n)

"You need to rest I have dragged you along with me so much."

I would do it again.

"I will miss you so much. Go back home to your volcano and sleep deeply. By the time you awaken I will be back I promise. Thank you for everything" I whisper in his ear and place a kiss beside his eye.

I make my way to the ikrans until I see the groups standing with Neteyam. I join them and they welcome me with warmly smiles.

"Have a nice trip and be safe" Neytiri says to Neteyam and I.

"I will miss you sister but don't worry about me i'll be fine."

"Yes he is safe here with us" Jake Sully says.

"Thank you" I respond and with that they all leave us alone. I see Lo'ak wink to Neteyam as he leaves.

Before I can say anything Neteyam wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"Your'e the most beautiful women in this world."

"Oh please, I bet you say that to every girl you meet" I tease him jokingly.

"No just you. Only you" he says. He lightly lifts up my chin and kisses my lips slowly and hungrily. I pull back and say "people might be watching!"

"Let them, love."

We kiss under the evening light and I melt under his soft touches against my skin. Neteyam is all I need and my heart is full beyond compare.

Fire, a formidable weapon, ignites with boldness, unhesitant to consume whatever obstructs its path. It is a force wielded with power, both a destructive tool and an ally. The fire that once burned between us served as a test, examining the depth of our love. Now that its flames have extinguished, I stand rewarded with the one I cherish, my Neteyam.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 2.4K 44
Jake's family flees the forest and flocks to the Metkayina clan of the East Ocean clans, finding refuge in Awa'atlu with his wife and children. When...
65.8K 1K 30
The sullys have gone through hardship with the sky people. The sky people have returned and destroyed their home but now they have to leave there hom...
57.2K 1.3K 26
Y/n is a young girl, from the Metkayina clan, who grew up without her parents. She was raised by her grandmother, who is currently sick, leaving Y/n...
197K 5.2K 30
Abandoned from birth. Trained to kill from a young age. obsessed with escaping earth and exploring the world of Pandora. A young girl finds a book al...