Going To The 60's With Space...

By Penzie

Shen Yuying who has lived a life ridden with bad luck in her last life got transmigrated to a parallel world... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 & 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
NOTICE!!!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
ANNOUNCEMENT
NOTICE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 38

1.2K 30 1
By Penzie

When they arrived, Fang Roulan had already finished cooking and the food was already on the table.

Fang Roulan invited everyone to sit down. Just like the meal in the morning, both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun got extra food in their plate from the secret stash.

Looking at it, it seems to be shredded potatoes with bit of bacon on it.

Everyone looked at their own wowotou in their plate, and the thin and bland vegetable soup on the side, they all sighed.

It's been a long time since they had meat. The last time was when the team divided meat for the new year. They didn't receive much meat from the team since they don't have enough work points.

Although they tried to save the meat as much as they can, it can only last a few days at most. A small bit of meat in every few meals and all the meat was gone.

So looking at Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun's plate with bits of bacon, the other can only be jealous and swallow while licking thieir dried lips.

When everyone picked up their chopsticks and about to start eating. Li Xioamei suddenly dropped her chopsticks on the table loudly and everyone turned to look at her, confused.

Li Xiaomei with a dark face pointed at Fang Roulan's plate and asked "where did you get that potatoes?"

Everyone looked confused and suddenly realized what Li Xiaomei was talking about.

The panic in Fang Roulan's face is obvious, but would be admit to her mistakes? Of course not.

Although nervous,  she looked at Li Xiaomei and said. "I got it from a villager" She knows she's not supposed to use the collective food for her own consumption. But she had thought they will take longer at the village office so that she and Bai Xiuyun could eat first. 

What a miscalculation.

Li Xiaomei was relentless and continued to probe. "Really?" While looking at both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun.

Bai Xiuyun looked at Li Xiaomei's determined look and Fang Roulan's nervous face and decided to cover up for her. It was her idea to use the food anyway.

So she looked at Li Xioamei and smiled sweetly although she couldn't completely cover the nervousness in her face.

"That's right, she went to the neighbor to exchange 2 potatoes."  She sighed and thought for sure that Li Xiaomei  will believe her and drop the issue.
But she really thought of herself too much.

"Which villager? Which neighbor? I want to ask them to exchange next time."

Both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun's eyes widen when they heard what Li Xiaomei said.

Right now, they both couldn't hide their stunned and nervous look. And these was clearly visible to all the others educated youth and one by one started sneering at them one after another.

This made them completely uncomfortable, they know they were repeat offender but they uaed to let go of their little actions in the past.

Li Xiaomei probed again and again which made the two completely silent. They had underestimated the power of Li Xiaomei, she was upset earlier when their fight was suddenly stopped, she was truly done with this Fang Roulan.

"Why are you not answering? I'm asking which villager did you exchange potatoes from. Is that even a hard question?"

Both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun at this moment completely lost momentum and they instinctively shrunk their neck while bowing their heads.

They never would have thought that Li Xiaomei will be so relentless this time and wouldn't even let them go, and continued to make trouble.

Li Xiaomei and the others had already known them doing these kinds of things before, but because there are only 3 females in the group it will be hard once the 2 decided not to cook dinner for the entire group.

Li Xiaomei won't be able to cook everyday for everyone, on top of working in the field, so they decided to let it slide many times in the past as long as they won't use too much and they won't do it too often.

But now its different, there are 3 new female educated youths joining the team. There's no need to hold back, like what they did before.

Fang Roulan with a red face stared at Li Xiaomei and said "so what? I only used 2 pieces, is it too rare that you have to scold and embarrass us here? Don't forget that I cook for everyone, you only cook 1 day and I cook for 2 days, can't I eat a little potato?" Fang Roulan said clearly emotional.

Her voice raised a few notch and her face was red while talking back at Li Xiaomei.

But Li Xiaomei already had enough. "Huh? You cook 2 days? Don't make me laugh, isn't it because you insisted on taking Bai Xiuyun's turn. What does it have to do with us? Are you proud? You are always stealing other people's food and Bai Xiuyun protects you or should I say, she covers for you?"

To this statement, Bai Xiuyun cried, she is too embarrassed at this point. To be called a thief and an accomplice, she covered her face and sobbed in front of everyone.

She was always favored while growing up, the only setback she faced while growing up was when she was sent here in the countryside.

This is the start of her misery, everything went wrong with her life eversince she step foot in this poor backward place.

But she clearly knows her strengths and weaknesses, and although crying is showing weakness, to her it is one of her strengths.

People who see her tears weakened their resolves and most of the time they will let her slide.

If she cry like this in front of everyone,  they will forgive her. Its always been like this.

Sure enough, looking at her tear-soaked face most of the male Educated youth became uncomfortable. Not because they favor Bai Xiuyun but because they always thought that a crying woman is not a good sight to see. Who wants to see a woman cry in front of them.

When they're about to forgive and let everything slide, and to convince Li Xiaomei stop making trouble. Li Xiaomei stood up and pointed at Bai Xiuyun.

"Do you think your tears will help you? It doesn't change the fact that you're both thieves."

Bai Xiuyun was completely embarrassed to be directly pointed at so she immediately admit to her mistakes. 

She looked at everyone on the table and then bow her head while clenching both her hands on her knees. Sometimes we have to retreat in order to advance.

"Im sorry everyone, it was wrong of us to do this, we will take back our food and will cook separately from now on, as to not to cause trouble with everyone." She boldly declared in front of everyone, she knew they will disagree or so she thought.

Everyone looked at her, some of the guys thought it doesn't have to escalate like this. But Fang Roulan looked at Bai Xiuyun's pitiful face and echoed her words. They never really thought that the others would agree because cooking is such a big task. But nevertheless she will play whatever Bai Xiuyun is playing.

"That's right, we will cook separately from now on. Make sure to divide the food and other things equally." Fang Roulan said strongly. She knew it's best to have more people taking turns in cooking, so for sure they will not agree to their request, and in the end the other issue will be forgotten altogether.

Shen Yuying raised her eyebrows. What kind of play is this. Do they think they can control everyone like this?

Song Jiaxing who had been silent all this time dropped his chopsticks. He's also got fed up with these 2 women, and their unreasonable behavior. Isn't this a good chance, since they want to do things separately, let's fulfill them.

"Comrade Li, Comrade Shen and the 2 Comrade Wangs, would it be difficult for you if the two of them will cook separately?" He asked for the females opinion, since they are the ones who will be cooking meals.

Li Xiaomei who was still excited quickly said, she had no problem, anyway before she cooked every 2 days. It wouldn't be worse than before.

Shen Yuying also voiced her opinion "there are 4 of us left, so it shouldn't be so bad if the 4 of us will take turns cooking."

And Wang Meiyun and Wang Xiayun also agreed, anyway at home in the city, it was them who cooks everyday. Now in the countryside there are others who will cook on some days, isn't this better than their situation before. So of course they don't have any problems with only 4 taking turns.

"Alright, I've heard all of your opinions.  The reason why I only ask the females is because they are the ones who will cook our meals, and the males have different assignments. Since there's no problem, we will agree to Comrade Fang and Comrade Bai cooking separately." Song Jiaxing said.

Since he already decided, the others could only agree, although the others don't want the group to be divided like this, but they're the ones who are asking for trouble.

Song Jiaxing looked at both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun and said "You must bear in mind that although the kitchen is for everyone, you can't just cook whenever you want. You either wake up early and cook before them or you wait until they finish cooking and then prepare your own foods. There's only 2 of you and cooking won't take that much time compared to our big group."

And then lift his chopsticks and said "let's quickly finish our meal and then divide the food rations and other things for Comrade Fang and Comrade Bai, and they can do everything separately from tomorrow onwards."

Hearing what he said, everyone shut their mouths and continued to eat dinner in silence, the already tasteless food became even more unbearable as they have an awkward atmosphere while eating.

Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun would have never thought that the always fair and afraid of trouble leader Song Jiaxing would agree to separate the group. This is something they never anticipated.

Instead of enjoying their meal, they thought there are lumps in their throat and has a hard time swallowing their food. How could everyone betray them. They were drowning in their self pity.

After dinner, while the female cleaned the table and pots and all the bowls and chopsticks, the male Educated youth went on to transport food out of the small room where they store foods.

And then both groups hurried back to the main hall and sit on the respective spots.

Song Jiaxing who was already got the lists of foods and things to be divided started talking.

"Since everyone is here, we will now start dividing their 2 shares of food, if anybody wants to join them, you can tell me now so it will be included."

He waited for a few seconds, since nobody else wanted to join the people,  Song Jiaxing then continued.

"Although it is commonly known that women can have 25 catties of share every month, this does not apply to both of you since your work points couldn't cover all the food and so you purchased enough to get 20 catties a month which we all agreed. Both of you will get 20 catties of grains each for 3 months, since it will take another 3 months to have another food distribution. You will receive a total of 120 catties and whatever you do to your share is none of our business or concern."

Song Jiaxing looked at everyone and asked, "Is there any objection?" Everyone shook their head so Song Jiaxing nodded his head and continued.

"The stove pots and pans are for everyone to use, but as I've said earlier, we have already determined the time of cooking so the 2 of you should either cook earlier or after and make sure to wash the pots after use." He said while looking at both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun.

The two could only nod their heads,  they are still upset about what happened. And their pride wouldn't let them beg to take back what was already decided, so they're quite determined to separate.

Anyway Fang Roulan already got used to cooking, before she only have one day rest and cook for another 2 days. So what's the difference between that and cooking for myself and Bai Xiuyun everyday. Atleast I will only cook small portion and it will not take a lot of time.

So she comforted herself this way and then nodded, she felt rather satisfied.  She thought this decision could be the best and she wont be too tired from now on.

Looking at them nodding their heads, Song Jiaxing picked up on where he had stopped. "We will divide all the condiments and oil into 7 portion and will give each of you a portion. That should be fair."

"Next for the oil lamp, the 2 oil lamps are the ones we got when we first got here, so obviously we can't give it to you. Instead we will give you 1 candle, and its up to you to find an oil lamp and we will give you 2 a portions of kerosene. You understand?"

The 2 Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun was startled, they only like to eat separately.  Not to be separated at everything else, so Bai Xiuyun stopped Song Jiaxing at once.

"Wait, we only want to cook and eat separately. Everything else will still be the same." She said in a hurry.

Song Jiaxing frowned her eyebrows and asked "what do you mean by that? Explain what we shouldn't divide." He was slightly confused by what Bai Xiuyun had said.

Bai Xiuyun coughed to clear up her throat and spoke "erhm! I mean you can just give me foods and everything else will just still be the same." She said.

Fang Roulan immediately agreed "that's right, we are still living here. So there's no need to divide everything,  just the food is fine." She said righteously.

All the others raised their eyebrows.  Li Xiaomei wants to say something  but was stopped by Song Jiaxing to let him do it and there's no need to argue. To that, Li Xiaomei stopped and instead snorted at the 2 on the side.

"Comrade Fang Roulan and Comrade Bai Xiuyun, we use everything in this house together as a group. And now that you want to separate, its only right to divide everything  for the both of you. Let's not take advantage of one another." Song Jiaxing said resolutely.

"The house only has 3 water vats, 2 in the kitchen and 1 large water vat to store water outside. You can borrow 1 in the kitchen for the meantime, until you get one yourself. Use it as you like, both for cooking and washing up."

"We only have 2 wooden buckets which the male members use to fetch water. So I suggest you go to Carpenter Lu and order 1 bucket for you to use as soon as possible."

"These things are what we bought when we got here 2 years ago, so we cant divide it to you." Before Song Jiaxing can continue a sharp and loud voice was heard from the side.

"We even have to fetch our own water? Its always the guys who does this kind of work, why would it change now?" Fang Roulan who was slightly excited couldn't help but raised her voice as she asked while Bai Xiuyun was stunned on the side.

Li Xiaomei couldn't take it anymore so she stood up and said. "How dare you ask, they fetch water and pick up firewoods and the female will cook for them, if youre not going to cook, then stop using their things." Li Xiaomei huff in anger with a red face.

The others held her shoulders, telling her to calm down.

Song Jiaxing looked at the 2 and shook his head. "Not only you have to fetch water but you also have to pick up your own firewoods."

"The water vat in the kitchen is still full, it should be enough for 2 days use. We will also divide enough firewood for you for 2 days, after that you collect your own things and cook separately.

The 2 slumped in their seats.

We only want to eat separately, how did it come to this? How could they fetch water and pick up firewoods. Working in the field is hard enough.

Now they really regret being impulsive but they couldn't back out or else they will be laughed out. They are already embarrassed enough. Anyway they still live together and they can still use the items in the kitchen,  especially if the others aren't looking.

After they calmed down, they took a deep breath and smiled at everyone.  "Okay we understand, we will cook separately from tomorrow onwards. "

Song Jiaxing nodded and said "alright, according to what we discussed, these are your foods and condiments." He said while giving things they have divided for them. It has grains, a couple dried vegetables, vegetables and some preserved foods that the have hidden for winter.

"You can use the bottom left door of the cupboard in the kitchen to store your foods. Its big enough to fit both of your rations and you can use 1 shelf on top for your condiments and other things."

Song Jiaxing didn't wait for the two to react and carried on.

"Tomorrow we will separate 1 chicken in the cage for you and divide a spot in the garden for you to plant your own vegetables. Don't worry, we won't wrong you and we will measure everything to be fair. You feed your own chicken and water your own plants."

He then looked at everyone and with a loud and clear voice he asked "do you have any objection to whatever we discussed today?"

Everyone shook their heads and responded that they agreed to everything that has been discussed today.

Although some are worried and thought that dividing everything is excessive, they didn't want to be on everyone's bad side, so might as well shut up.

Everyone stood up to help arrange the things in the kitchen. They vacate the lower left door of the cupboard for Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun.

They used to store sundries and cooking utensils in there, but they moved all the sundries to the small room and placed all the cooking utensils on the shelves so both can use it with ease.

The right bottom door of the cabinet is used to store small jars of grains and condiments used for cooking.

The guys took a pile of firewood from the shed and placed it in the kitchen for Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun to use these 2 days.

After which, the educated youth discussed to buy 3 locks for the cupboard, small room and the wood shed next time they go out.

Shen Yuying thought that she had a bunch of locks in her space, so she told everyone  that she had extra locks that she brought  from home. She will sell it at a discounted price and everyone can pay their share.

Everyone agreed to buy the 3 locks and divided the cost equally among them. Shen Yuying actually doesn't care, she just wants to make Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun mad.

Now they can't casually steal from others. They have to work really hard for what they want.

After putting everything in place, they locked the firewood shed, small room and cupboard and gave 1 copy of the keys to Song Jiaxing as their leader and 1 copy to the female Educated youth as they are tasked for cooking.

"Since everything is done, we should all retire for the night. We still have a busy day tomorrow, let's hurry up and rest." Song Jiaxing told his fellow educated youth.

Saying goodnight to everyone, they all made their way to their respective rooms. Fang Roulan was still upset and keeps on mumbling angry words while Bai Xiuyun is sniffing beside her.

No matter what they do, the other four female Educated youths just ignored them which made them even more livid.

Its already late and they didn't want anymore drama for the day, they already had so much drama for the whe day. So they quickly made their bed not giving a single glance to the 2 women on the side.

While laying on the hard bed, Shen Yuying also thought about going independent.  Although she wanted to cook on her own, and eat good foods, she had to wait for an opportunity for her to go out and rent a place for her own.

Anyway the food in the space is enough for her to eat,  there's no point in cooking alone when everyone is eating on the same table and sleeping on one bed. You'll only get on everyone's badside if you eat good food in front of them.

But she's also thinking f improving the food, anyway she has a lot of food in her space, she needs to find a way to go to the mountain and then takeout some things. Especially the ones she can grow and the animals she can raise in the space.

The whole room is quiet and dark, and everyone else is already asleep.  Shen Yuying decided to sleep,  since the two other already decided to separate, then  tomorrow is Wang Meiyun's turn to cook.

They had a long day today, as its their first day to work in the fields,  they must have been very tired. Shen Yuying is worried they won't be able to wake up on time,  so she decided to wake up extra early tomorrow and wake Wang Meiyun up. She closed her eyes and slept soon after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 1.9K 17
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
16.9K 469 34
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...
1.4M 97.7K 24
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
53.3K 2.7K 34
• Ranbir a cold hearted person , have a anger issue • Prachi a kind hearted person , the most stubborn girl both are different in their ways what w...