I bet on losing dogs , treech

By -snowfll

"I know they're losing and I'll pay for my place" โ‹†หšเฟ” Treech x oc ๐œ—๐œšหšโ‹† โ‚ŠหšโŠน สšษž ยฉ-sno... More

i bet on losing dogs.
prologue
act one-
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
seven.
eight.
nine.
act two-
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
act three-
twenty-one

six.

766 34 67
By -snowfll

THE MORNING SUN cast a soft glow over the Capitol, its vibrant hues reflected in the towering structures that dominated the skyline. Vienna stood in the light as the sunrise painted the city in a surreal glow, erasing, if only momentarily, the harsh memories of the day before.

Vienna, having wrestled with her emotions throughout the night, took a moment to absorb the quietness. Arachne's funeral was being held, but Vienna didn't dare to go. It was all too much for the girl; seeing her dead friend would be a challenge. The day ahead of her held new challenges, but for now, she appreciated the temporary release from the weight of the Hunger Games.

With breakfast in hand—not only for Treech and Lamina but herself as well— Vienna made her way to the Capitol Zoo. After the chaos of the night before, Vienna figured it was best to avoid her parents until it was absolutely necessary to speak to them. Vienna felt a mixture of apprehension and determination. She had a responsibility—to guide and support the district boy who had become entwined with her fate.

Walking up to the enclosure, Vienna took notice of the lack of visitors. It wasn't early in the morning, but there were still citizens waking up and getting ready for the day. Even some tributes were asleep on their makeshift beds, which were just dirt and a rock to lay their heads on.

Vienna was met with the sight of Treech and Lamina; both sat on the rock they claimed as their own. As their eyes met, Treech began his walk over to their designated talking spot.

"Good morning, Butterfly," he greeted, a soft smile playing on his lips. The use of her nickname, a name that had become a symbol of their shared connection, brought warmth to Vienna's heart.

"Morning, Lumberjack," Vienna replied, attempting to reciprocate the smile. However, the genuineness in her expression faltered, and Treech, ever perceptive, sensed something was awry.

As Vienna tried to maintain her usual composure, Treech, with a concerned look in his eyes, couldn't help but notice the subtle shift in her demeanor. The smile on his face faded as he observed her closely.

"Is something wrong?" Treech asked, his voice filled with genuine concern. The bond between the two had grown in such little time that it was hard for them to not care for each other.

Vienna hesitated, the weight of the events from the night before pressing on her. She looked into Treech's eyes, debating whether to share the complexities of her emotions. The Capitol's expectations and the genuine connection she felt with them clashed in the moment.

"Everything is as okay as it can get," she said softly as she handed him his food. "I brought breakfast! Lamina, I brought some for you too." Vienna called out to the girl, who was silently watching her friend as his mentor. She adored the two—their interactions were almost like a form of entertainment for her.

Lamina approached the two, thanking the girl over and over again. Vienna knew Pup—Lamina's mentor; he was a sweet boy, but she knew he wouldn't dare be caught caring for anyone lower than him.

"Why don't you stay over here with us?" Vienna asked the poor girl. Lamina was quiet; everyone knew that, but Vienna wondered if it was only because no one talked to her.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Lamina asked—mainly towards Treech, as she knew he liked having his time alone with Vienna.

Treech, with a mouthful of food, nodded at Lamina, indicating that her presence was more than welcome. Lamina, still a bit shy, found a spot to sit with them, grateful for the unexpected companionship.

As they began to feast on their breakfast, the group went quiet. It was a comfortable silence, one that allowed them to forget the harsh reality that was to come. It was a nice summer day—the Capitol didn't see many of them.

Breaking the quietude, Treech turned his attention back to Vienna, who had hardly touched her food. "Butterfly, you can tell me what's going on," he said, giving her another smile in hopes of getting her to speak up. "It's not like I can tell anyone while I'm stuck in this enclosure." He joked around, hoping it would bring a sense of cheer back to her.

Vienna met his gaze, appreciating the concern in his eyes. She sighed, realizing that Treech could see through the Capitol facade she so often wore. "Yeah, something happened when I got home. It's just... complicated."

Vienna wished she could tell him everything, but she knew if word of her parents got out, it wouldn't end well—she didn't want to put that burden on herself or even Treech.

"You don't have to tell me." Treech paused, observing her standoffish behavior. "But you don't have to go through it alone."

Vienna, touched by Treech's sincerity, managed a grateful smile. "Thanks, Lumberjack. It means more than you know."

"I hate to break up this cute moment, but it seems we have an audience," Lamina finally spoke up as she pointed behind her.

Vienna looked behind the two to find a young boy who looked to be thirteen years old. He watched the trio as they ate—as Treech and Lamina ate, Vienna didn't feel like eating.

"What's his name?" Vienna whispered to Treech as she turned back to face the two.

"Mizzen—his mentor has visited once, but not as much as you have. I think he's a little jealous." Treech made sure to whisper the last part, letting out a little chuckle at the thought of him getting more treatment than others.

Vienna hummed, wondering if the boy was still watching. Once again, she looked past Treech and Lamina, only to find the young boy quickly turning the other way.

"It's okay, Mizzen. Come over here." Vienna spoke softly, inviting the boy over.

Mizzen hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should approach. Vienna noticed, once more calling him over.

Encouraged by Vienna's warm invitation, Mizzen cautiously made his way to the group. Lamina gave him a friendly wave, and Treech greeted him with a nod, offering a small smile.

"Good morning, Mizzen. I'm Vienna!" She greeted her, introducing herself to the apprehensive teen.

"I know who you are," Mizzen stated rather quickly, as if he were embarrassed.

Vienna chuckled at the younger boy before asking, "Oh, do you now?"

Mizzen nodded as he admired the older girl. "Mhm, Treech doesn't shut up about you." He told her, earning a hit on the shoulder from the older boy and a giggle
from the two girls.

"Oh yes, he speaks very highly of you," Lamina chimed in. "What is it you said that one time, Treech? About how cute she is." Vienna thought there was no way he found her cute.

Treech, with a playful grin on his face, looked down while scratching the back of his head, slightly embarrassed. "Well, uh, you know, I might've mentioned that you are like a rare butterfly in the capitol garden—beautiful and graceful."

Vienna blushed as she listened to Treech's words—no one has ever spoken about her like he has. It was a stark contrast to the usual superficial attention she received in the Capitol. She appreciated the sincerity in his compliment, feeling a warmth she had never experienced before with a guy.

"You have a way with words, Treech, but save it for your girl back home." Vienna spoke as she looked down at her food.

The three behind the bars looked at her as if she had missed a crucial piece of information. How oblivious could a girl be?

The silence went on for a while, causing Vienna to look up and see why no one was talking. Lamina was quietly teasing Treech, poking him, and sticking her tongue out at the boy for Vienna being so clueless about his feelings for her.

Vienna soon noticed Mizzen's gaze, which had fallen on the untouched food in her hand. Treech cleared his throat, breaking the silence as Vienna turned back to face him.

"Oh god, I wish there was someone to finish my food for me. I'm just so full!" Vienna sighed dramatically, stretching out the 'so' as she spoke.

She smirked as she watched a giant smile appear on Mizzen's face as he spoke up. "I'll take it!" He jumped up as Vienna happily passed him the food through the bars.

He ran all the way back to Coral, screaming at her to look at the food. "Coral! Look, Vienna gave me her breakfast!"

"Share with her, Mizzen!" Vienna yelled after the boy, smiling at how excited he was. She watched as Mizzen gave half to the girl before running back to his new friends.

Although Mizzen had already sat back down in front of her, Vienna's eyes stayed on Coral's, who was glaring at her. Mizzen looked back at his district partner and frowned.

"I'm sorry for what she did to you in the van. She doesn't exactly trust the Capitol." He apologized to Vienna, who quickly snapped out of the trance she was in.

"Oh, buddy, you don't need to apologize; it wasn't you who did it. Plus, I don't blame her—the Capitol sucks." Vienna whispered the last part to the young boy, "But you didn't hear that from me."

"Thank you for the food, Vienna! My mentor hasn't helped me much. I wish you were my mentor."

"If you need anything, you let me know, and I'll help." Vienna felt horrible for the kid—for all of them.

"But what if you get in trouble?" Mizzen wondered, not wanting to get the older girl in trouble.

Vienna chuckled, "Don't you worry 'bout me. I have my ways of getting out of trouble."

Treech loved watching the two interact—it was as if he were watching a brother and sister. However, a rush of jealousy swept through him. He wanted Vienna's attention on himself, not some thirteen-year-old boy.

"Butterfly," Treech whined, dragging the 'y' sound, getting Vienna's attention back.

"Yes?" Vienna copied his tone as she giggled at him.

"How are yo-," he started to ask, but got cut off by someone calling for her.

"Ms. Hawthorne, It is time for you to leave. We need to gather the tributes now." A peacekeeper told her as she stood up, sighing.

Treech let out a huff, annoyed that Vienna's attention was once again shifted off of him and onto someone else. Lamina and Mizzen laughed at the boy as he watched Vienna talk with the peacekeeper.

"Okay, I will see you guys in a little. They have to take you to the area where the mentor meetings are being held." Vienna alerted the three tributes as many other peacekeepers made their way into the enclosure. "Treech, is there anything you want me to bring you?"

Treech looked at Vienna with a playful smirk on his face. "Just bring your beautiful self, Butterfly. That's all I need."

Treech felt a hand on his shoulder, a peacekeeper, getting ready to drag him off. Before he let the guard take him away, he sent a wink to Vienna, adding to the flirtatious undertone in his previous words.

Vienna, caught off guard by his response and actions, blushed at the unexpected compliment. She turned around, her blush still prominent, and walked back to the car that waited for her outside the zoo.

"Where to miss?" Her driver questioned the girl, who was thinking about the way Treech flattered her.

"To the academy," she responded lightly, still unable to shake the flutter of emotions his words had united.

haiiii sweethearts!!

🤭 — me when butterfly symbolism.
i love butterflies if you guys couldn't tell!!
this was originally gonna be a vry long
chapter, but i decided to split it into two!
mizzen n lamina are the best duo when it
comes to exposing treech
vote and comment!
stay safe, ily 🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 170 8
- ๐ญ๐›๐จ๐ฌ๐š๐ฌ - "Be serious, Treech. There can only be one winner," Juniper exclaimed, throwing up her arms as she let the tears fall. Treech inched...
4.4K 134 10
'๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง' ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐: ๐ƒ๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
3.1K 112 17
(ON HOLD) -๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž- "don't forget me when you go home, alright?" my eyes tear up "you are home." o/c- meltem aรงkรถl
11.8K 412 16
IN WHICH, The boy who frequents your father's workshop carves a place for himself in your heart. 'He's looking at you. He's looking at you as if you'...