Attraction To Affection

By authorinaaya

Book 1 of Affection Series ♡ You were an unexpected surprise, the defining moment. The collision of stars tha... More

Dedication
Playlist
Characters
Chapter 1: Result Day and Trip
Chapter 2: Hot men
Chapter 3: Returning Home
Chapter 4: First Encounter
Chapter 5: Freshers' Party
Chapter 6: Lineage not to be broken
Chapter 7: First Official Day
Chapter 8: New Friends
Chapter 9: Exploring and Rolling
Chapter 10: Glares and Allegations
Chapter 11: Hugs and Crushes
Chapter 12: Day Out
Chapter 13: Ani's Birthday
Chapter 14: Realisation
Chapter 15: Reunion
Chapter 16: Basketball
Chapter 17: Feelings
Chapter 18: Sleepover
Chapter 19: Final Match
Chapter 20: Confession
Chapter 21: Afraid to fall
Chapter 22: Confrontation
Chapter 23: First Date
Chapter 24: Kiss
Chapter 25: Christmas
Chapter 26: Jodhpur
Chapter 27: home is where the heart is
Chapter 28: Truth and Dare
Chapter 29: Champagne Confetti
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: After
Chapter 32: Accident
Chapter 33: Grief
Chapter 34: biggest turn on?
Chapter 35: tease & misunderstanding
Chapter 36: tease pt.2
Chapter 37: Nysa Day
Chapter 38: Best Day of My life
Chapter 39: First Crush
Chapter 40: 365 Days
Chapter 41: Punch
Chapter 42: Reconciliation
Chapter 43: Graduation
Chapter 44: Reminiscence
Chapter 46: Didn't Work
Chapter 47: Efforts
Chapter 48: Sorted
Chapter 49: Still With You
Chapter 50: Rai ki Mehndi
Chapter 51: Ruhaan ka Sangeet
Chapter 52: Joota Chhupai
Chapter 53: Royalty!
Chapter 54: Maturity
Chapter 55: CEO
Chapter 56: Paris
Chapter 57: Français
Chapter 58: Forever
Chapter 59: Final Checklist
Chapter 60: The Perfect Secret Dress
Chapter 61: Mehndi and the Game
Chapter 62: Dance the Night Away
Chapter 63: Happily Ever After
Chapter 64: Home
Epilogue

Chapter 45: Farewell

57 9 0
By authorinaaya

ARYAN

Vihaan and V are leaving today in the morning and their parents have also arrived to see them off.

All of us have a foul mood today but nothing's in our hands and all we can do is support them wherever they go.

It's 7 am and we are already at the airport with tonnes of their luggage while both of them are stuck to each other and its obvious, they are probably not gonna meet for the next 2 years.

And as much as I know that no matter whatever people say, long distance is never easy although there's literally no time difference between the two countries and it's nearly just 1000 kms away but their busy lives would determine everything between them and I so hope they work out well.

It was time for V's boarding so we took a final glance at each other when I saw a few tears escaping V's eyes at the prospect of going away from everyone.

In my three years with her, I've never seen her cry but when the distance is approximately 6500 km, it's natural to act like this.

I hugged Vihaan and he gave me his small smile patting my back.

I tried to punch him but he backed off like everytime else letting out a chuckle.

The three girls gave V a big group hug and she laughed while tears still flowed from her eyes.

I looked at her parents and they had proud smiles on their faces with tears brimming in their eyes too.

After bidding bye to everyone, me and Anirudh hugged her tight and she gave us her appreciative smile.

"I am gonna miss you guys!" She said and we both grinned widely at her.

"I am gonna miss you too V!" We said in unison and she cracked out a laugh finally going to her Vihaan.

He looked at her with a warm smile and she hugged him tightly letting her final tears fall which made him pick her up and swirl around but she sobbed louder and I saw girls nearly crying for their friends.

I walked to Nysa and she side hugged me to which I caressed her back and even Rai hugged her from side feeling so emotional all of a sudden.

It was just ten minutes after when V left with a small smile on her face and everyone bid her a goodbye and safe journey supporting her in everything she's gonna achieve abroad.

Vihaan boarded too within an hour and my mind recalled all the time we spent together pulling each other's leg, sharing secrets, talking about life and how it was always so comfortable around him.

We all came back to our apartments and their parents left for their cities too soon after they boarded.

It felt different all of a sudden and my mind thought that how I wish I could back in time, not because I wanted to change anything, just because I wanted to feel few things twice.

We didn't even realise the time that went by and I toh never appreciated it but now that I am thinking about it, all of it made me think that how time's never gonna stop for anyone and all we can do is appreciate everything we have right now.

Days passed and while initial days were different than before, we all got used to it and got back to our jobs and lives.

Me and Anirudh always managed to talk everyday at night after coming back from our companies and most of the days, we were joined by Nysa, Any and Rai.

Both Any and Nysa started with their jobs too and as for Rai, she was moving back to Jodhpur due to some personal reasons that I am not aware of.

Me and Nysa even decided to do MBA together as she has been wanting to make something out of commerce and it's the best time for me to do it too.

We opted for the evening classes considering our 9-5 jobs and these are gonna start from just next month.

It's currently 5 in the afternoon and I am at work briefing these files for my senior here and I won't lie but this is the only part of my job that sucks.

It's been 4 hours since I've been doing it and it would still take me like an hour or two to complete it wholly.

I decided to take a 10 minutes break and just as I was coming out, I saw my mother coming in with a smile on her face.

"Hii!" She said and I smiled walking to her and hugging her tight.

After everything settled with Ayaan, I've been visiting them very frequently and they have been always happy seeing me.

Even Nysa has joined us all for dinner a five six times and she really enjoys it everytime. It's all because of her that my relationship with my family is finally back on track.

It took time but it finally happened and that makes me full of happiness.

My mother hugged me back patting my back and she sat down on the couch while I laid my head on her lap.

"You're tired?" She asked smiling at me.

"I am very tired mom. I hate this briefing work." I said sitting back beside her and she let out a chuckle.

"Don't worry, it's just a matter of time and then you'll be sitting on the top floor where your father is sitting right now." She exclaimed and I passed her a small smile.

"I hope so. I do want to stand upto everyone's expectations." I replied and she nodded her head.

"Before everyone, you need to live up to your expectations. If you're able to do that, who cares about anyone else." She said and I smiled at her in agreement.

"Waise apne papa jaise mat banna." She sighed rolling her eyes and I chuckled narrowing my eyes at her.

"Kyu? Unhi ki tarah banna hai mujhe toh." I said and she let out a scoff.

"Oh please! I already feel sorry for Nysa. Your father's always busy and he's NEVER giving time to me so if you plan on doing that with Nysa your whole life, I better warn her beforehand." She said and I squinted my eyes.

"MY FATHER is not giving time to YOU? I am sorry mom but this is not making sense to me like you're seriously talking about MY father?" I asked and she stood up rolling her eyes again.

"What are you complaining to him?" Came the voice of my dad and she looked at him with crossed arms.

"Kya ho gaya?" He asked coming closer to my mom and cupping her face.

She swiftly ignored him pushing him away gently which made him laugh at my mom's antic.

"She's saying that you're busy and not giving her time." I answered to his previous question and he narrowed his eyes at her.

"My time is all yours!" He said hugging her close and as much as I love seeing them all in love, it cringes the fuck out of me.

"Can you do all this in your office? I really can't see all of this." I scrunched my nose moving to my chair.

"Leave me!" My mother said passing by him and he followed her back giving me a wink.

I chuckled at their drama and how I instantly wished to go back and hug my Nysa.

I quickly completed my work and decided to drop by her apartment. It was already 7:30 by the time I was done so I picked her favourite pasta and dessert from her favourite restaurant along with Rai's too because apparently Anirudh and Any are together at the moment in my apartment and I can't go there.

I don't trust him at all.

I rang the bell when Rai opened the door and she had her glasses on with her phone in her hand.

"Kaise aana hua?" She asked gesturing me to come inside.

"Girlfriend se milne aaya hoon apni, kaha hai?" I asked and she chuckled sitting back on the couch.

"She came like 1.5 hours ago and she's inside. Had a foul mood but I didn't bother her so just to let you know." She said and I frowned nodding my head.

"Tere liye." I passed her the food and she quickly peeked through the paper bag to just give me a wide grin.

"You're the best!" She squealed in happiness taking out the box of chinese food and I chuckled moving to Nysa's room.

I knocked on her room before entering to see her nowhere.

"Nysaa!" I chirped excitedly in order to check her mood.

"Ha?" Her voice came slow and bored and I immediately moved towards the bathroom door to see her washing her face.

"Hi!" I said leaning on the door and she turned around giving me one of her sad fake smiles and brushed past by me.

"Kya hua?" I asked holding her wrist and pulling her back when she just leaned her head in my chest.

"Kuch nhi." She said taking a deep breath but her voice came out broken.

"Love? What happened?" I asked trying to take a glance at her face but she clutched herself to my shirt tightly not wanting to leave.

"Kya hua hai?" I caressed her hair and she nodded in denial against my shoulder.

I held her tightly and she cried lowly making me feel not able enough to wipe away her tears.

I don't know how long it took but she hugged me tightly for the whole time like I'll run away from her.

She moved away walking back to the bathroom when I followed her. She started washing her face again which made it clear that she cried before I came in also.

I leaned against her bathroom slab and looked at her with crossed arms and nothing but seriousness on my face.

She glanced at me and I raised my eyebrows to which she passed me a small smile moving to me.

"Kuch nhi hua Aryan." She said thinking that I'll believe her.

"I am not convinced. Tell me the real reason and I might consider that you're actually okay." I said walking in the room with a plastered frown on my face.

"Har cheez batane ki nhi hoti." Her voice sounded way too mean and this just deepened my frown.

I soon maintained my composure not wanting to push her when she doesn't want to tell me.

"Okay as you wish." I said with a small smile sitting on the bed scrolling my phone.

"Aryan, it's noth-"

"I understand. There's no need to explain, Nysa." I said averting my gaze from her face to my phone.

"Aryan?" She called me again and I looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Can we go somewhere please?" She asked and my eyes softened on the way of how she asked because this is not her usual self.

"Sure love. Where do you wanna go?" I asked standing up and it's like she nearly composed herself to stop from crying.

"Just somewhere out." She said and I nodded wrapping my arm around her shoulder and she just leaned in taking shallow breaths but enough for me to know that something did hurt her more than it should have.

"Your phone?" I asked and she just looked at me nodding her head in denial.

"I don't need it."

We came out and Rai was sitting on the couch scrolling her phone when she spotted us.

"Are you okay?" She asked to Nysa and she just reverted back with a small smile.

"Rai, if a call comes from my parents or someone else you know just tell them that I am sleeping or I am busy in a meet." She said and now I know exactly what happened.

"Done meri Nysa, enjoy!" Rai exclaimed teasing us and I just glared at her.

"She's not yours, she's my Nysa." I said and she mocked me back continuing to eat her snacks.

We both came out after I picked up her food and sat in the car to see her all so quiet and dull.

I am aware about the kind of relationship she has with her mother. It's amazing in some aspects but in others, it's anything except rocky.

"You know what, Nysa?" I spoke without starting the car and she turned to me with focused eyes.

"Sometimes it's okay to cry you know. If it's too much and you don't want to share, cry it out. It'll be fine not what argument you had with your mother but how you're feeling right now? It'll be fine." I said holding her hands and tears brimmed in her eyes.

"How do you know that?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"I just know." I said and she nodded folding her legs to sit comfortably.

"Sometimes all I need to hear is that. I don't want to share it because it'll hurt you, Aryan. The words and terms she use to define anything is not something everyone should listen." She said and I let out a chuckle.

"Do I care, Nysa? Because to be honest, I don't. All I care about is you and making sure that you're fine at all times." I said and she nodded in agreement.

"I am aware."

"You come here." I said opening my arms a little and she hugged me that instant like she's been needing this one hug a lot.

"Sometimes all I need is a hug and an assurance that it's fine to feel like that so thankyou for giving me this." She said and I flicked her forehead.

"You don't say thankyou to your boyfriend." I mocked her usual tone and she let out a laugh.

"Now tell me where do you wanna go?" I asked and she broke the hug thinking about it.

"I am not sure. Maybe I'll just eat what you bought me and then we can go for a walk. That's a better plan, what's say?" She asked and I chuckled taking out the car key.

"Whatever you wish to do." I said and she clapped her hands opening her food paper bag.

I picked out my phone to scroll in the meanwhile she's eating.

"You didn't bring yourself something?" She asked eating a spoonful of pasta.

"I didn't want to eat something from restuarants."

"So what's your plan on eating now?"

"Anirudh will make something for me." I said sassily and she chuckled.

"Bromance never dies."

"And your romance?" I asked narrowing my eyes at her when she pulled my collar in one jerk.

"With my boyfriend?" She asked and I smirked kissing her cheek.

"It will never die." She added and I kissed the side of her lips.

I sat back while her cheeks were covered with a pink hue and I simply let out a laugh at her state.

"You know what happened today?" I said remembering the funny equation between my parents.

"Kya hua?" She asked wiping her hands with the napkin and taking out the dessert.

"Mom is not talking to dad." I said and she looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Why? I mean, uncle is letting her not talk to him?" She asked and I laughed.

"He's not giving her time so she's mad about it and when I told her about aspiring to become like my dad, she denied without hesitation." I said laughing remembering the reaction she gave me.

"Why?" Nysa laughed joining me.

"Because she feels bad for you as if I become like my dad, I won't give time to you too." I said and her eyes widened at my words.

"Oh, that would suck and I'll kill you Aryan." She replied and I laughed on her reaction.

"You sure you are going to spend rest of your life with me like my parents?" I asked and she smiled nodding her head.

"You're my boyfriend just because I want to marry you one day." She said and I stopped laughing after listening to her statement.

"From the very beginning, I decided that I'll only date the person in whom I can see parts of my future husband and I am your girlfriend because I knew you were the one the moment I didn't have to tell you how I was feeling because you knew exactly how I was feeling." She said and a smile adorned my lips automatically.

"Future husband huh?" I teased and she giggled hugging her knees closer.

She forwarded her hand and I held her hand tightly in my palms giving her the mental promise that I'll fulfill all her wishes from keeping her happy to living with her my whole life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 36.1K 41
COMPLETED✅ #1 on indian on 23/3/21 #1 on care on 25/5/21 #1 on india #1 on together on 10/10/21 #1 on apart Veer Singhania. A self made billionaire...
779K 23.3K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
174K 9.8K 51
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
7.6K 785 32
"I thought you hated hugs" , I voiced out as he wrapped his arms ever so gently around me. "I still do, but hugs from you are an exception", he pull...