The Alternative (Mark Sloan s...

By ABC13445

What happens when a nice looking girl meets a nice looking guy. I only own Juliette and any other characters... More

Characters
Chapter one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 8

52 1 0
By ABC13445

02X01

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

 "All hail the champ!" Joe yells when George, Cristina and Juliette come into the bar. "So, my guy Alex finally got what was coming to him." 

 "George knocked him down in one punch. You should've seen it." Juliette says. 

 "I don't want to talk about it!" George replied. 

 "brag, champ, brag. You've earned it." 

 "Can I have a beer, please?" George asked. 

 "Let's play a game of whose life sucks the most." Meredith starts.  "I'll win. I always win." 

 "No, you don't want to play with me." Cristina replied. 

 "Oh, I do. I'll even go first. Derek's married." Meredith says, as Juliette and George spit their beer out. 

 "George, Juliette, beer is dripping from your nostrils." Cristina says. 

 "Told you I'd win." Meredith replied. 

 "No, you didn't win." 

 "Did you hear me? I said Derek is married. As in pigheaded, adulterous, liar married. Nothing you could say could top that." Meredith says. 

 "I'm pregnant. I win." Cristina replied. 

 "Ok. Maybe Joe wins." Cristina says as Joe falls. 

 "Joe, like back down." Juliette says. 

 "You called the gurney patrol?" Joe questioned. 

 "Sit back and relax." Meredith said.  "We have to take you to the hospital to run some tests."

 "Tests? I don't need tests. I'm fine!" Joe says. 

 "Dude! You collapsed! On the floor. This is you bar. You know how filthy this floor is." Cristina replied. 

 "Radial pulse is strong." Meredith says. 

 "Minor skull contusions." Cristina said. 

 "You're sleeping with someone?" Meredith questioned. 

 "What? Who?" 

 "Why is that such a shock?" Cristina questions.  "Even George and Juliette managed to get some action."

 "Correction." George starts, "George got some syphilis."

"and Juliette hasn't gotten anything"

 "How could I not know, you were sleeping with someone?" Meredith asked. 

 "Forget this." Joe says walking out. 

 "All right. Details." Meredith demanded while the interns were waiting to see what was wrong with Joe. "You're pregnant? What are you gonna do?" 

 "Look, you know what happens to pregnant interns." Cristina says, "I'm not switching to the vagina squad or spending my life popping zits. I'm too talented. Surgery's my life." 

"which begs the question, who are you sleeping with?" Juliette questioned.

 "Why are you back here tonight, don't you have a date with McDreamy?" Izzie asked. 

 "More like McMarried." George and Juliette reply. 

 "McWhat?" 

 "I came to check on Joe." Meredith says. 

 "You think he's gonna be ok?" George asked. 

 "You think he's gonna need an operation?" 

 "Operation, yes. Ok, hard to tell. Basilar artery's blown up like a balloon. Subarachnoid bleeding. Aneurysm the size of a golf ball." Derek says walking up to the group. 

 "No way to clip something like that." George says. 

"not without magic fingers" 

 "Or a standstill operation." Derek says. 

 "You're doing a standstill?" Cristina asked shock. "he's doing a standstill operation."

 "I'd like to try. First I need some additional patient history, overnight labs, and a cerebral angio." Derek says, handing the charts to Meredith. 

 "I'm drunk." Meredith says 

 "Meredith?" Derek questions as Meredith walks away. 

  "McBastard." Juliette says. 

 "Ahem." Izzie says as Cristina look at the chart. 

 "What are you doing?" George asked. 

 "Uh?I am on her side, but we're talking a possible standstill here. Recognize." Cristina says. 

 "Ok, people, assignments." Bailey starts as she walks in the locker room. "Yang, you're on discharges. O'Malley report to room E19. Grey and Stark come see me, and who was on call last night?"

 "Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Redo these and return them to me before lunch, understood?" Bailey tells Izzie and Alex. 

 "Understood." Alex replied. 

 "Karev, don't tempt me." Bailey says, than looks to Juliette and Meredith,  "Somebody's popular."

 "Meaning?" Meredith asked. 

 "There's been a special request, just for you." Bailey replies. 

"why am I popular?" Juliette asked.

"Just wait" bailey says as they walk the halls. 

 "I was just checking to see if Dr. Burke secured the intern?" Addison asked. 

 "Intern you requested? He did." Meredith says as Juliette and her walk up. 

"you also get me" Juliette says. 

"Hi, I'm Addison" 

"Juliette" Juliette says shaking Addisons hand, then looks at Derek. "Hey mcBastard" 

"Goodbye, Juliette" Derek replies walking away. 

 "Define TTTS." Addison tells Meredith.

 "Twin-twin transfusion syndrome. Conjoined fetal twins." Meredith replied. 

 "Connected by?" 

 "Blood vessels in the placenta." 

 "Meaning?" Addison asked. "Dr Stark"

 "One twin gets too much blood, the other too little, endangering the lives of both." Juliette says. 

 "They told me there wasn't much chance anything could be done." the patient says. 

 "TTTS is usually impossible to correct. Unless you happen to be one of a handful of surgeons in the world who knows how to separate fetal blood vessels. Which, luckily for you, I am. So we're gonna get you into surgery tomorrow. If you have any questions at all please ask Dr. Grey or Dr. Stark. From what I have seen, they are the hospital's most popular interns." Addison says as the group walks out. 

 "I could've answered your question had you given me the chance." Meredith tells Addison.  

 "Chin up, Grey. I'm this tough on everyone, not just the women my husband sleeps with. Order an ultrasound for her and pre-op labs in full." Addison says as Meredith walks away. 

"I know my husband has an interest in you for Neuro, but I hope I can interest you in Peds." Addison tells Juliette as they go separate ways.  

 "What does it take to go after another woman's husband?" the patient asked as Meredith and Juliette do a ultrasound. 

 "Excuse me?" Meredith questioned. 

"It happened to me. Jeff moved in with a long-legged miniskirt who answer his phones, three weeks into my pregnancy. By the way, that gel is really cold." 

 "I'm sorry. I'm sorry about your husband." Meredith replied. 

 "Are you sorry about Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd's husband?" 

"Thats not really your business" Juliette says. 

 "I'm going to be checking a few things today." Meredith says. 

 "I bet she asked to work with you. It's what I would have done." 

 "I'm gonna go check on your labs." Meredith says walking out, Juliette following. 

 "When I found out about the miniskirt, I called her up and took her to lunch. It was perfectly civil. I said I didn't hold it against her, that these things happened. But, really? I just wanted to put a face on the bitch that got my husband to throw away 15 years of marriage."

 "Dr. Shepherd." Meredith says as her and Juliette walk up. 

 "Yes?" Derek and Addison say at the same time. 

 "Labs confirm what look like abnormalities on the ultrasound. I think you should come and see for yourself." Meredith says. 

 "Fine. Let's go."

 "Meredith. Meredith." Derek calls out. 

 "Don't." Meredith says as her and juliette walk away. 

 "See. Bilateral pleural effusion with evidence of subQ edema." Meredith says looking at the ultrasound. 

 "In English, please?" 

 "We've detected what looks like beginning heart failure in the twins. Don't be alarmed." Addison says. 

 "Are my babies gonna be ok?" 

 "I'm gonna go ahead and take you into surgery now.  We're not gonna wait." Addison says and then turns to Juliette, "Book the OR." 

In Julie's surgery

 "How you doing there?" Addison asked. 

 "Good. I'm good." Meredith replied.

"I'm good too" Juliette said. 

(After surgery)

 "See? Just a small scar." Addison tells the patient 

 "And my babies?"

 "Your babies are doing very well.  Dr. Grey and Dr. Stark will be back to check on you a little bit later." Addison said. 

 "Actually, I'd prefer it if Dr. Grey were taken off the case" 

 "Why, is there a problem?" Addison question 

 "Just reminds me of someone I don't like very much. Someone my husband likes a lot. Particularly in lingerie. You understand." 

 "No, no, I don't understand." Addison replied. 

 "Well, she's sleeping with your husband, right?" 

 "Ms. Philips, I lack Dr. Grey's class and patience so, let me set the record straight. My husband didn't cheat on me, I cheated on him. So the wronged woman here, Dr. Grey. So, I think you owe here one hell of an apology." 

After a long shift, Juliette decided to go to joes with Cristina and Meredith. 

 "The clinic has a policy." Cristina said, breaking the silence. "They wouldn't let me confirm my appointment unless I designated an emergency contact person. Someone to be there, just in case, and to help me home, you know, after. Anyway, I put your guys name down. That's why I told you I'm pregnant," she paused. "You're my persons."

 "I am?" Juliette and Meredith asked at the same time. 

 "Yeah, you are. Whatever." 

"Whatever."

"Whatever." 

 "He dumped me."Cristina told them.  " You realize this constitutes hugging?"

 "Shut up. We're your "persons." " Meredith says. 

Thank you for readinggg. I hope you enjoy. Also thank you for voting on the chapters I appreciate it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 34.1K 79
❧ "I-I love you." "...What?" ❧ "I hate myself." "Why?" "I... I like Owen." ~~~ ❧ a story where Mark Sloan's younger sister finally learns what love...
38.5K 1.4K 9
Mark Sloan was doing great, he'd just brought an apartment which he was in the process of convincing the love of his life to move into with him. And...
13.9K 521 20
"You are the most promising doctor I've ever laid eyes on. I just wish you could see that yourself." Seasons 1-11(maybe more) Warnings will be posted...
10.2K 239 38
Meredith and Alex both have had bad childhoods. Can you have happiness happen after bad childhoods? Will affect her and Alex after she find out some...