Attraction To Affection

By authorinaaya

Book 1 of Affection Series ♡ You were an unexpected surprise, the defining moment. The collision of stars tha... More

Dedication
Playlist
Characters
Chapter 1: Result Day and Trip
Chapter 2: Hot men
Chapter 3: Returning Home
Chapter 4: First Encounter
Chapter 5: Freshers' Party
Chapter 6: Lineage not to be broken
Chapter 7: First Official Day
Chapter 8: New Friends
Chapter 9: Exploring and Rolling
Chapter 10: Glares and Allegations
Chapter 11: Hugs and Crushes
Chapter 12: Day Out
Chapter 13: Ani's Birthday
Chapter 14: Realisation
Chapter 15: Reunion
Chapter 16: Basketball
Chapter 17: Feelings
Chapter 18: Sleepover
Chapter 19: Final Match
Chapter 20: Confession
Chapter 21: Afraid to fall
Chapter 22: Confrontation
Chapter 23: First Date
Chapter 24: Kiss
Chapter 25: Christmas
Chapter 26: Jodhpur
Chapter 27: home is where the heart is
Chapter 28: Truth and Dare
Chapter 29: Champagne Confetti
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: After
Chapter 32: Accident
Chapter 33: Grief
Chapter 34: biggest turn on?
Chapter 35: tease & misunderstanding
Chapter 36: tease pt.2
Chapter 37: Nysa Day
Chapter 38: Best Day of My life
Chapter 39: First Crush
Chapter 40: 365 Days
Chapter 42: Reconciliation
Chapter 43: Graduation
Chapter 44: Reminiscence
Chapter 45: Farewell
Chapter 46: Didn't Work
Chapter 47: Efforts
Chapter 48: Sorted
Chapter 49: Still With You
Chapter 50: Rai ki Mehndi
Chapter 51: Ruhaan ka Sangeet
Chapter 52: Joota Chhupai
Chapter 53: Royalty!
Chapter 54: Maturity
Chapter 55: CEO
Chapter 56: Paris
Chapter 57: Français
Chapter 58: Forever
Chapter 59: Final Checklist
Chapter 60: The Perfect Secret Dress
Chapter 61: Mehndi and the Game
Chapter 62: Dance the Night Away
Chapter 63: Happily Ever After
Chapter 64: Home
Epilogue

Chapter 41: Punch

60 11 16
By authorinaaya

NYSA

I woke up at 8 am today and just as I tried to sit up, I was held back because of the tight hold of Aryan.

"Aryan, let me go!!" I shouted in his ear slapping his arm multiple times and he groaned turning around and covering himself with the duvet.

I stood up and decided to get ready quickly for college as today's my very very important lecture AND this fashion project me and Any got.

Busy day!

I quickly got ready in my blue jeans and pulled a simple sweatshirt.

It's really chilly so I kept a jacket too with myself and came out to see Aryan already up scrolling his phone.

"Morning!" I chirped with a smile and he looked at me reverting the smile back.

"Morning love!" He said keeping the phone aside and walking to me for his daily dose of morning hugs.

I opened my arms all ready to give him one and he chuckled pulling me to his chest.

I broke the hug patting his cheek and sat on the bed to do my hair and to apply my moisturizer and lip gloss.

But before I could do that, a notification popped so I quickly picked my phone up to see it from Samayra who just sent me a reel.

I chuckled seeing that and as usual me got so much into my phone that I didn't realise when Aryan came beside me too after taking a shower.

"What are you doing?" He asked drying his hair with the dryer.

"Just watching some reels. Oh, shit!" I exclaimed seeing the time and I quickly tossed my phone aside combing my hair.

"Kya ho gaya?" He chuckled turning back ruffling his hair.

"I am late, so late for college. Aryan, we need to go!" I said applying lip gloss and clapping my hands for him to get ready fast.

Suddenly, he pulled me close and pecked my lips but I pushed him away with an annoyed expression.

"You can't ruin my fresh lip gloss, Aryan and I don't have time." I said applying it again and running out of his room.

"Nysa, calm down! Time se pahunch jayenge." He shouted and I simply hummed.

He let out a laugh and I just glared at him when Anirudh came out to fixing his tshirt.

"Aaj toh date hai!" I teased wearing my shoes when Aryan let out a scoff.

"What?" I asked looking at him while I tied my shoe laces.

"Ab late nhi ho raha. You were getting late when I kissed you but now you're teasing him?" He said with narrowed eyes coming towards me while Anirudh had this smirk going towards the kitchen.

"Sharam nhi aati kya thodi si bhi?" I asked while he raised his eyebrows clearing annoyed at me.

He pulled me close wrapping his arm around my waist tight and I looked straight into his brown eyes.

"I dare you to stop me." He said and instantly kissed me pulling me closer.

I tried to push him away when Anirudh looked at us with a smirk but his hold was too tight.

"What are you doing? He's still here, Aryan." I said after managing to push him away.

"So what? Trust me, this is nothing, I've seen him doing more than this with girls and just to let you know, you're soon gonna see your bestfriend making out in the kitchen." Aryan said and I scrunched my nose at the thought of Any and Anirudh making out.

"You looked at your bestfriend making out with girls?" I asked and he chuckled.

"An year ago, everytime I came out of my room in the morning, I saw him making out like nothing so." He said and I just shook my head not wanting to imagine anything.

"Okay okay but don't kiss me infront of people especially our friends." I said and he smirked coming close again.

"I'll kiss you when I want to. You can't stop me." He said pecking my lips and going away to pick up his phone and bag.

"Bro, when are you gonna come to college?" I asked to Anirudh while he had this never ending smirk on his face.

"When your boyfriend is done kissing you." He said and I rolled my eyes done with everything that happened today morning.

We three reached college after picking Any and V out because apparently Rai had classes late.

"Bhaag bhai!" I said to Any running to my class considering we were 10 minutes late.

ARYAN

After my classes got over, it was already 3 in the afternoon and I was left with two tasks for the day.

1) Meeting Sanya and clearing everything up.
2) Documenting everything for the internship.

There was still some for Nysa to get free from her practice so I just decided to go with Anirudh.

"Chal! Sanya se Milne chalte hai." I said keeping my hands around Anirudh's shoulder.

"Kyu?" He chuckled.

"She texted me yesterday for the 15th time and I really need to clear everything up like really because I can't take up all these conversations with her and then on top of that, I don't want her to get any wrong idea just because I am being kind to her." I said and he laughed.

"It's nothing like this, Aryan. She's just doing that as a normal friend." He exclaimed walking ahead.

"When did we even become friends and in school too, we were never friends." I said and he just nodded his head in agreement.

"Where's Any?" I asked while we drove to the place where I called her to meet me.

"She went to meet some friend." He said and I nodded my head.

We came to this café and Sanya was already there sitting with this smile on her face that literally looked fake.

"Bro, her smile looks so fake." I whispered.

"You don't like her at all, do you?" He chuckled and I nodded my head in denial.

She spotted us and stood up giving us a wide grin which I reverted back with a small smile.

"Hi Aryan AND Anirudh. I thought you were coming alone." She said giving us a hug and Anirudh looked at me with raised eyebrows.

'I told you.' I mouthed and he shrugged taking it just as another greet.

"How are you?" She asked so excitedly that I nearly frowned at her over excitement.

"I am good!" I said simply.

"I am very good. How are you? It's been a long time." Anirudh said happily and she let out a laugh shrugging the question.

"I am very well actually considering this Aryan agreed to meet." She said looking at me and I didn't hide my frown this time.

"Why, I mean- you know what I mean?" I asked and she laughed again clapping her hands.

God! Her laugh irritates me.

"I just wanted to meet you and there's no reason other than that." She said and I nodded my head.

"Let's order something, what's say?" She asked and we both agreed.

"How's college Sanya?" Anirudh asked trying to make things less awkward.

"Its hectic and sometimes even boring. I nearly thought that I can't do chemistry anymore but then it is what it is and I have to make something out of it." She said crossing her arm and sitting back looking at me.

"Quitter huh?" I asked with a smirk and her face fell but she soon covered it with a playful smile.

"I am not a quitter like where did you get that?" She chuckled nervously.

"Oh, no, I am sorry if that made you uncomfortable. It's just you said leaving something you wanted to do so bad." I stated and she nodded her head in agreement.

"It's completely fine and I do love my subjects but stress and tension do that to you sometimes." She sighed replying back to me.

"I can relate to you." Anirudh chirped in making both of us chuckle.

"Anirudh, who are you seeing now?" She asked smirking suddenly making him smile.

"Yeah, I have a girlfriend!" He exclaimed in happiness making me smile for both him and Any.

"Oh, already? 3 months ago toh you didn't believe in all this stuff." She teased and Anirudh chuckled.

"Well, I asked her just yesterday and guess what? She likes me back so let's see where it goes." He said happily making her smile.

"Chalo mera toh peecha chhoota." Sanya sighed making him scoff.

"I was never after you bro!" He stated and I nearly tried to suppress my laugh.

I said tried.

"Ohh!" She laughed nervously making him nod his head.

"I agree you are pretty but I just wanted to meet you after a long time and maybe go out or something but now I have a girlfriend so." He smirked making her nod her head in denial.

"I get it! One woman man, good going." She said and that's the only sensible thing she has spoke till now.

"What about you Aryan?" She asked looking straight in my eyes but I broke the eye contact nodding my head.

"I have a girlfriend." I said with a smile thinking about the only woman who can bring that without even being present in the room.

"Oh." She said looking down and I knew now about what she has been thinking since we met.

"What happened?" Anirudh asked and she just looked at both of us with a small smile.

"Well, I thought maybe because you had a crush on me and I had it on you too, we could hit it off." She said truthfully and I smiled at her honesty.

"I had an idea and I am sorry, Sanya but I have a girlfriend and she's the only woman who can be there in my life ever. I had a crush on you like 5 years ago and that too lasted for like a day so you understand it, right?" I said and she nodded with a smile that wasn't fake anymore.

"I understand it and I am happy that you have someone like that. For you too Anirudh." She said and we both nodded happily.

We chatted here and there a bit and it felt better than the awkwardness before.

"It was nice meeting you Sanya." I said while we all stood up and Anirudh paid the bill after much discussion about it.

"It was nice meeting you too." She said side hugging me and it didn't feel weird anymore.

We bid bye and just as I glanced at the nearby corner beside the washroom, the sight shook me.

Anirudh followed my gaze and his jaw clenched, he fisted his palms and before I could rush, he rushed and pinched Varun hard.

"How dare you touch her." He growled holding his collar while Any came beside me and I hugged her close giving her the much comfort she needs.

Varun tried to rebel but Anirudh punched him again hard and his lips bled.

Varun touched his bleeding lips and his gaze darkened at Any who just stood without fear beside me.

"Dare you look at her like the way you are now and I swear you won't have these filthy eyes to look at any other girl." I shouted and Anirudh punched him again making Varun groan.

He pushed Anirudh away and ran away glaring at us clearly stating like he'll take revenge.

"Are you okay?" I asked holding her arms and she nodded her head.

"I am fine." She breathed heavily when Anirudh came and took her in a hug.

I stepped back and she just clutched her hands to his tshirt tight hugging him close.

"You sure you're fine? What happened?" He asked cupping her face and eyeing her from top to bottom.

"Uhmm, you know I came here to meet him and I really thought he was this nice friend considering we used to roam around a lot together but then when I told him about us going on a date today, something happened to him. I excused myself to go to the washroom not liking the way he looked at me but just as I came out, he pinned me to the wall and started forcing himself on me. I slapped him hard and nearly kicked him in his balls when he swiftly held my knee giving me his dirty and filthy smirk. I tried pushing him away so hard as it really made me so uncomfortable when you came and punched him. Thankyou for that." She said trying to calm herself down when Anirudh caressed her face.

She hugged him again and he just caressed her back and I am already shipping them before they even have their first date.

"He didn't do anything more than that, right? You sure you're fine?" Anirudh asked in worry and I was shocked to see his new side.

"He didn't do anything, yes and I'll be fine I guess. That was too much to take in at once." She said calming herself down and I nodded my head in agreement.

"We'll see him, don't worry." I said and she gave me a small smile.

"Let's go now? Who cares about the fucking date time anyway and maybe we'll be able to take this thought away from your mind." Anirudh asked and she nodded giving him a wide grin.

She's so in love and she doesn't even recognise it.

"Bye guys! Have fun and no sex!" I teased and Any's face fell at my words.

"BRO! Stop talking like that. Eww!" Any scrunched her nose making me laugh and they both went away.

I chuckled and came back to college to pick Nysa up.

I just stopped the car and saw her coming out of the main door with a tired face. She sat inside and laid her head on my lap tiredly.

"Aryan, I am so fucking tired!" She whined and I tied her hair in a rubber band after taking it from my pocket.

She turned facing me with her eyes closed and breathed heavily making me feel hot suddenly.

I kept the thought to myself and traced her face delicately while she smiled lowly.

"Where should I take you? Your apartment or mine?" I asked while she sat back comfortably and I started the car.

"My apartment. I have tonnes of work lined up and I really need to complete it. I am so done with everything right now." She said pressing her forehead.

"You don't feel like leaving everything?" I asked feeling the same thing.

The internship stress along with the upcoming exams but then there's this spirit inside of me that keeps me going ahead in life.

"No, I don't think so. I don't have that option and to be honest, I don't want it. These 3 years of hardwork and practice will make me a good fashion designer and I am so looking forward to it." A smile grazed her lips thinking about her future which made me smile too.

"I can't help but imagine myself being an excellent fashion designer having her own label with my own designs all getting into place, just wow!" She said and I nodded my head.

"Where were you though? Just asking." She said and I frowned.

"First of all, you don't have to add statements like 'just asking' at the end. You want to question me, you can do that freely." I said with a maintained frown on my face.

"People take it as controlling and I don't like being called controlling." She said scrunching her nose and I sensed sadness in her tone.

"I don't care about that. You can ask me anything and I don't mind it at all. That's what I am here for anyway." I said and she held my hand giving me a smile.

"I went to meet Sanya." I said and she frowned looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"So sudden?"

"Hmm, I went there to meet her with Anirudh and I just wanted to clear my intentions and everything so that she doesn't take anything wrongly. She asked me if I have a girlfriend and then told me about how she had a crush on me too and she thought we both could hit it off." I said glancing at her and she simply nodded without giving much off.

"But then I explained her everything from having that crush for only a day and that it was 5-6 years ago. I told her that I have a girlfriend and she was happy to say the least by the end of our meet so everything's settled. No wrong ideas anymore." I said and she nodded her head.

"Its good then. She seems like a nice friend." She said with a small smile.

"She's good." I agreed and she simply laid back closing her eyes.

"Also, one more thing happened and Anirudh nearly killed someone." I said and Nysa's expression mirrored shock.

"What happened?" She asked in worry and I told her about the whole Any incident.

By the end, she was left disgusted by Varun.

"He's an asshole. I told you earlier too. Me and Any will kill him if he comes before us now." She said I nodded seriously.

"Don't worry, Anirudh took his class well. He bled and what else do we need more than that?" I said and she nodded.

"That's good. I hope Any's good and fine too." She exclaimed in worry.

"She's fine and she went on the date with Anirudh already." I said and she laughed.

We reached her apartment and I ascended the stairs with my laptop bag and books bag too so that I can complete my work too by the time Nysa's finished.

It'll keep her company and she won't take unnecessary stress.

We came inside to see Anirudh sitting on the sofa in the same polo tshirt and jeans he was in while he scrolled his phone.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with narrowed eyes when he spotted both of us.

"She wanted to get ready nicely for her dinner date so we came here first." He replied and Nysa ran to Any's room.

I sat beside him going through my recent mails when I saw Any standing infront of us wearing a nice mini dress perfect for her first date with Anirudh.

"You look so preety. This blue is so beautiful." Anirudh spoke holding her hand and pulling her out.

"They are so cute together!" Came the voice of V and Rai making all of us smile.

"I just hope that it lasts forever between them." Nysa said looking at the closed door.

She then glanced at me with a smile and I gestured her to come and sit beside me.

"Rai kaha hai?" I asked in general.

"Evening class hai uski." V said working in the kitchen.

"Toh who's making the food?" I asked and Nysa let out a chuckle.

"Me. It's on me today and this Nysa isn't helping me at all." V whined and I looked at Nysa with narrowed eyes.

"What? I am tired too and its her turn today anyway." She replied and I nodded my head in denial standing up.

"You're gonna help her? Like please. V, I am not gonna eat what he's gonna make." She shouted and I let out a scoff.

"Why?" V let out a chuckle.

"He's the worst cook I've ever came across. Dude nearly burnt his hand while making a simple toast so beware when he helps you, who knows if he burns the kitchen." She said looking at me and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You're so gone, Nysa." I said while she laughed running to V.

"Stop it you guys. So childish!" She said letting out a laugh.

Nysa giggled standing beside her looking straight in my eyes.

'I'll see you' I mouthed and she smirked.

'Show me what you got.' she mouthed it back and I let out a chuckle.

"So to be clear, I wasn't going to help you or cook for you guys anything, I was just saying that we could order something or we can go out once Rai's at home." I explained and I saw happiness surging in V's eyes.

"Learn something from him, Nysa. Kya poore time iske saath rehne ka fayda jab kuch seekhe na isse? So considerate, Aryan. I'll go and get ready!" V said and went away to her room.

"Seekho mujhse kuch." I said and Nysa rolled her eyes coming to me.

"I'll rather not." She said and I pulled her towards me.

"Is it?" I asked and she nodded her head leaning on my shoulder.

"It's so cold." She said hugging me and I closed the jacket while she was still inside hugging me tight.

"Aey! Leave me!" She hit my chest and I laughed taking her to her room.

We three all came out together to see Rai lying on the couch like she just ran a marathon.

"Rai!" Nysa called out and she looked at us sitting up.

"Bol." She replied.

"Ready hoja, bahar chalenge!" V said fixing her watch.

"I can't. All I want is sleep right now." She said walking past us.

"So tell us, what do you want to eat and we'll bring that." I asked and she just looked at us before closing the door.

"Uhm, something chinese." She said and I nodded taking a note of it.

She closed the door and we all came to a restaurant for food.

"Where's Vihaan these days?" Nysa asked and V's face expression turned from a smile to nothing.

"I am not sure to be honest. He's working, he tells me that but he's been so distant these days." She told us and even I am not sure about it.

"You know something?" Nysa turned to me with curious eyes.

"No, he simply just comes in class and then go away. We rarely have conversations like before so I don't know BUT trust me V, he'll come around. It might be really important if he's distant right now." I assured her trusting Vihaan.

"Yeah I guess. Anyway, let's order something." She said opening the menu but I saw a glint of sadness in her voice.

Guess I need to talk to Vihaan.

"I will get a fruit punch, a burger and this vegetable cheese tortilla!" Nysa said closing the menu and the waiter noted it.

"One butterscotch shake and a burrito please!" V ordered the waiter.

"And I'll get this hazelnut whatever shake along with white sauce farfalle, thankyou!" I said finally and he went away giving us a gracious smile.

Our orders came and we continued chatting here and there.

"God! This sucks." Nysa exclaimed in annoyance after taking a sip of her fruit punch.

"Why order it when you know it always sucks?" V said taking a bite of her burrito.

"I try it everywhere so that I can find a place which makes better fruit punch than Rai. You forgot the bet already?" Nysa said keeping the glass aside and I let out a chuckle.

"Nobody makes it better than her." V exclaimed happily.

"I know, silly me has to buy her a jeans now." Nysa said defeatedly and I laughed passing my shake to her.

"Oh thankyou!" She said taking a sip of it.

"This is so good!" She exclaimed in wonder and I nodded my head.

"You don't want it now?" She asked and I nodded my head in denial.

"You can have it." I said and she smiled.

"God, you guys!" V said scrunching her nose making both of us laugh at her.

"But bro, who won't love this man?" Nysa asked looking at V and I let out a laugh.

"Eh! Everyone loves me, I know!" I said sassily and both of them laughed.

"What you guys want for dessert?" I asked and they both nodded their head in denial.

"I am full." Nysa exclaimed sitting back and V nodded her head in agreement.

"So let's go back then! I have work." I said and they both stood up immediately taking the chinese food we ordered for Rai.

"What's the bill?" V asked and I shrugged.

"You both are not gonna pay. I brought you guys here so it's on me. I don't understand why even ask that question?" I said and both of them went ahead talking generally leaving me behind.

I paid the bill and came out to see a familiar car passing by.

I tried to remember it but wasn't able to recognise it. I shrugged and we all three came back to their apartment.

I dropped them and came back to complete the second task of my day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 2.9K 23
HE WAS A MAN WHO NEVER TALKED MUCH , AND SHE WAS A GIRL WHO OVERTHINKS ALOT!! "I have never been an observer or a person who notices small things. Bu...
7.6K 785 32
"I thought you hated hugs" , I voiced out as he wrapped his arms ever so gently around me. "I still do, but hugs from you are an exception", he pull...
204K 11.4K 40
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
127K 4.7K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...