π—§π—›π—˜ π—›π—”π—Ÿπ—™ π—›π—¬π—¨Μ„π—šπ—”

By LuluShinazugawa

Being reborn into Naruto isn't something you'd expect when you just wanted to go to sleep. In any case Aki wo... More

PrologueοΏΌ
Character profile
Ep 1 - A Dangerous Mission!
Ep 2 - Assassination Of The Mist
Ep 3 - Oath Of Pain
Ep 4 - The Sharingan Warrior!
Ep 5 - Forest of Chakra
Ep 6 - Where a Hero Onces Lived
Ep 7 - The Return of Zabuza!
Ep 8: Crystal Ice Mirrors
Ep 9 - The #1 Hyperactive, Knucklehead Ninja
Ep 10 - The Sharingan Shatters
Ep 11 - Broken Seal
Ep 12 - Hidden Ambition
Ep 13 - The Weapons Known as Shinobi
Ep 14 - The Demon In The Snow
Ep 15 - A New Chapter Begins
Ep 16 - New Rivals
Ep 17 - Rocklee Vs Sasuke
Ep 18 - All Ten Rookies Face Off!
Ep 20 - The Forest of Death
Ep 21 - Panic in the Forest
Ep 22 - Naruto's Counterattack
Ep 23 - Sharingan Revived
Ep 24 - Bushy Brow's Pledge
Ep 25 - Sakura Blossoms!
Ep 26 - Ino-Shika-Chō!!
Ep 27 - No Peaking Allowed!
Ep 28 - Clones vs. Clones

Ep 19 - The ChΕ«nin Exam Begins!

448 15 1
By LuluShinazugawa

                   "First, you candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound, knock it off. Who told you you could fight?" Ibiki said. "You want to be failed before we've even begun?"

"Sorry. It's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy. . . Sir." Dosu said.

Ibiki scoffs, "I'll say this once, so listen up. There will be no combat between candidates. No attacking each other without the permission do you proctor. And even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be will be disqualified immediately. Got it?"

'Scary.' Aki thought.

"Hmph. No fatal force? That's no fun." Zaku whined as the other Ibiki assistance laughed.

"Now, if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first Chunin exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number. This number determines where you will sit." Ibiki stated. "We'll start the written test once you're all seated."

"The what? Did he say. . . 'written'?" Naruto slowly asked as one of the assistant got a stack of paper out as Naruto yelled in fear.

"Not a written test! No way!"

~~~

                    Aki was seated a few rows behind Sasuke on the other side. They were complete spread out. She couldn't even see Naruto and Sakura with how they sited.

"Everyone eyes front. There are a few rules you need to be aware of and I won't answer any questions. So you better pay attention the first time around." Ibiki said.

'No questions? What kind of rules are these?'  Sakura thought.

"All right. Rule one is this. The written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what some of you may be used to, you all begin the test with a perfect score of 10 points." Ibiki said.

"One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So if you miss three your final score will be 7." Ibiki said. "Rule number two. Teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all three members."

"What? Wait a second! You're saying we all get scored as a team?" Sakura yelled in shock.

'Thank god, he only checked the papers after he passed everyone or team 7 would have been doomed.' Aki thought.

"I have my reasons, so shut up and listen. Rule number three. The sentinels you see positioned around the room are there to watch you carefully got any signs of cheating and for every incidents they spot, they will subtract two points from the culprit's score." Ibiki said.

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Be warned. Their eyes are extremely sharp. And if they catch you five times, you'll be dismissed before the tests are even scored." Ibiki said.

'To be honest five times is honestly a reward, in real life you only get one chance, fuck it up and it's over for you' Aki thought.

"Anyone fool enough to be caught cheating by the sentinels doesn't deserve to be here."

"I've got my eye one you, guys." Sentinel 1 said., scaring a few genin.

"If you want to be considered a shinobi, then show us what expectational shinobi you can be." Ibiki smirked. "If any candidate should get a 0 and fail the test, then the entire team fails."

'Team 7 had some damn good luck.' Aki thought, because holy shit.

"What's he say?!"

'Ugh! They're gonna kill me!'

"The final question won't be given out until 15 minutes before the end of the teeing period. You'll have one hour total."

"Begin!"

Aki quickly flipped the paper of the test and the moment she saw the answers she gave up. If anything Sasuke and Sakura should be worried about her as well, because how the hell was she supposed to decipher a code?!

I mean Sasuke cheated his way through it, I might as well do the same, after all that was the whole point of this exam anyways.

'Byakugan!'

Bingo, looks like the genin in front of him seems to know what he was doing.

As time started to pass by other genin that were smart enough to not get caught started cheating there way through the exam.

Suddenly there was a scream causing Aki to look up.

"Huh? Did someone get caught?" She asked herself.

"What the—? What was that all about?" A genin asked.

"Five strikes, and you're out. You just failed the test."

"What? It can't be."

"You and your teammates will leave the room immediately." The Sentinel ordered.

"Candidate number 23, failed."

"Number 27 and 43, fail."

"It's not fair! I didn't do anything! I didn't do anything." The genin shouted as he was dragged out.

"No, no way! Who says I cheated five times? Where's your proof. How can you keep track of all of us? You've got the wrong guy!" The genin yelled. "How do you know I wasn't just—"

'Wasn't he listening? They were chosen for a reason. You got caught cheating and failed. You should just accept it instead of making a fool out of yourself' Aki thought before taking her much needed nap, she hopes Naruto isn't freaking out to much.

~~~

                    "Whoa. So what's the catch? Let's say we decide we don't want to do it. What happens then?" Temari shouted waking up Aki that was close to her.

'Huh? Are we on the 10th question already? How long did I sleep for?' Aki thought as she yawned. She was having a good nap too.

"If you choose not to take the 10th question, regardless of you answers to the other nine, you'll get a zero." Ibiki smiled. "In other words, you fail and that means, of course, both your teammates fail as well."

'It's crazy how the 10th question was the easily' Aki thought.

"If you do accept the question but answer it incorrectly, you will not only fail, you will be barred from taking the Chunin exam ever again!"

'Wait does that mean, no one would be able to take it if host in another village?' Aki wondered, it kind of would make sense, but she highly doubted that the other village would be accepting of this.

So if Sakura had raised her hand at that moment, then it would have been a lose for team 7, they would have remained a genin for the rest of their lives. I mean both Sasuke and Naruto were still a genin with they became the Hokage and Shadow Hokage.

'A lot of people are quiting. . .' Aki thought as she watched the teams after teams left. Ibiki really does play with the minds of others really well.

Naruto slams his hand on the table as he finally exclaims in his loud style that he will not be intimidated and will become Hokage even if he fails and remains a genin forever.

This outburst seems to spark something in the remaining teams as they all calmed down and where now ready for the 10th question.

'He sure does love giving speech!'

"He's completely clueless, but he's still found for it. The kids got guys, I'll give him that.'

'Way to go, you crazy little fool.'

Seeing that no one else is going to leave, Ibiki passes them all.

"Huh?"

"Hold on! What just happened? What do you mean we passed? Where's to the 10th question?" Sakura asked.

Ibiki laughed as he reveals that there was never one to begin with at least not one that was written. Them staying was literally the answer to the 10th question.

"Wait a second. So the other nine questions you gave us were just a waste of time. Is that what you're saying?" Temari asked.

"Ibiki denies and explains that the nine questions were to test their ability to surreptitiously gather strategic intelligence under the most adverse circumstances.

"Oh, well that clears up everything."

Ibiki went on to explain that he was not only testing us on our individual but as a team and how well we function together and that's why it was tested to a team based so we'd know that everything you did it failed to do would directly affect your teammates.

And how'd we'd be able to handle the pressure.

"Mmm-hmm. Yeah, I figured it was something like that." Naruto grinned. "That's what I kept my cool."

'Yeah, right.'

"The first nine questions on the test were difficult. In fact, as you may have realized, too difficult for any Genin to be expected to solve. I imagine that most of you quickly came to that conclusion, that you'd have to cheat if you had any chance of passing." Ibiki said.

"The fact is the test was designed to encourage cheating. It almost demanded it. Of course, it would have done you little good unless you had someone to cheat from so I disguised two chunin who already knew the answers and had them sit in with you."

'Ah! The answers were tight in front of me the whole time!'

"Man, what's that kids problem?"

"Ah, I don't know."

Naruto quickly tried playing it cool, saying that he wasn't a fool and he had it figured it out since the beginning.

Incredible. So all this time he never knew.' Sasuke thought.

"Those who were caught at it failed. Better not to cheat then to cheat clumsily." Ibiki said as he removed his headband. "Information. It can be the most valuable weapon in battle. How well you gather intelligence can determine whether a mission's a failure or a success"

'Ahh damn, that's a mess. He'd must have endured a lot just for informational, but. . . I wonder what I should have for dinner after this.' Aki thought before the glass shattered and our next proctor revealed themselves.

"Heads up, boys and girls. This is no time to be celebrating. I'll be your next proctor, Anko Mitarashi." She said. "Ready for the second test? Good! Then, let's go. Follow me!"

"You're early again." Ibiki said causing Anko to blush from embarrassment.

"How many are there. Ibiki, you let all these guys pass? Your test was too easy. You must be getting soft." Anko said.

"Or it could be a stronger crop of candidates this year." He replied.

"Hm. They sure don't look it. Trust me, before I'm done with them, more than half will be eliminated." Anko said.

"Huh? More than half? Really?"

'And she wasn't even lying about it.' Aki thought.

"This is gonna be fun. All right, you maggots have had it easy so far, but things are going to be different starting the first thing in the morning." Anko said. "I'll let your squad leaders know where you're to meet me. Dismissed."

'And just like the. . . We're walking to start to death.' Aki sighed.

~~~

           "Whoa, nice place. What is it?" Naruto asked.

"Nice place? This is anything but nice." Aki said.

We were now standing in front of the forest of death, it's  even scarier in person.

"This is the location for the second phase of the exam. It's the 44th Battle Training Zone." Anko smiled.

'How many training zones do you guys have?' Aki thought.

"But we call it the Forest of Death."

"Forest of Death?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 6.7K 15
"WE'RE A PERFECT MATCH BUT DARLING MATCHES BURN" Look, Aoi didn't ask to be reborn. Especially not in the era of the sannin! But she'd be damned if s...
428 28 5
It's like naruto, but instead it's Sakuras story. Where she grows up and finds out what kind of world she lives in, her character grows up to be bett...
20.2K 767 21
When Ino is waking up in Temari's body and Ino's body is nowhere to be found, she must live the sand ninja's life, including dating with Shikamaru. W...
119K 3.9K 32
Amani Hyuga has lived in the shadow of her clan, even though her powers were extraordinary, she was from the side branch. Overlooked and forgotten. S...