Finding Myself || Complete

Por sihle0071

[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] "Being abused your whole life isn't nice. Being told that you are not worth... Más

Chapter 1: New school.
Chapter 2: Special friend.
Chapter 3: You don't know me.
Chapter 4: Forgiven.
Chapter 5: Testing the waters of friendship.
Chapter 6: Something new.
Chapter 7: Promises.
Chapter 8: Underground boxer.
Chapter 9: More than friends.
Chapter 10: Lusting over me.
Chapter 11: First Kiss.
Chapter 12: Talked sooner.
Chapter 13: Tinsy winsy better.
Chapter 14: There for her.
Chapter 15: Ball is in your court.
Chapter 16: About us.
Chapter 17: Shouldn't have bothered.
Chapter 18: Make things right.
Chapter 19: Kiss now talk later.
Chapter 20: Pay for lying about me.
Chapter 21: Your damn fault.
Chapter 22: Ultimatums.
Chapter 23: Night is still young.
Chapter 24: Just friends.
Chapter 25: Family's lives in danger.
Chapter 26: Deal with it later.
Chapter 27: Cutting ties.
Chapter 28: It's over.
Chapter 29: Rainbows and sunshine.
Chapter 30: Grovel.
Chapter 31: Escapism.
Chapter 32: Hold you down.
Chapter 33: Broke me.
Chapter 34: Needs us.
Chapter 35: Stick together.
Chapter 36: Forgive and forget.
Chapter 37: Breaking facade.
Chapter 38: Pure intentions.
Chapter 39: She chose us.
Chapter 40: Peace.
Chapter 41: Favourite holiday.
Chapter 42: No pressure.
Chapter 43: Fear of the unknown.
Chapter 44: Coming out.
Chapter 45: First step.
Chapter 46: Temporary fling.
Chapter 47: Memory fades.
Chapter 48: His back.
Chapter 49: Letter to him.
Chapter 50: Forever.
Chapter 51: Support structure.
Chapter 52: Payment.
Chapter 53: Safe and sound.
Chapter 54: Never letting you go.
Chapter 55: Every step of the way.
Chapter 56: Alone.
Chapter 57: A keeper.
Chapter 58: Self-harm.
Chapter 59: Define you.
Chapter 60: New beginnings.
Chapter 61: Valedictorian.
Chapter 62: Best desicion.
Chapter 63: End of year trip.
Chapter 64: Best thing I've ever had.
Chapter 65: Don't let him control you.
Chapter 66: Fake smiles.
Chapter 67: Memorable night.
Chapter 68: We made it.
Chapter 69: Finding Myself.
Acknowledgements...

Epilogue.

66 1 2
Por sihle0071

Phiwokuhle's POV
Eight years later.

I park my car in the garage and sigh. I had a long day at work and I'm really tired. What I need now is a good glass of wine and some good home made food cooked by Ayesha. I get out off the car and take out my bags from the boot. I close the boot and lock the car and head inside.

"Honey I'm home!" I shout and she chuckles. I've always wanted to do this and now I'm glad I get to experience it with her. I don't know why she laughs everytime I say it though. "Kitchen!" she shouts back. I walk to my home office and leave my bags there and walk to the kitchen. I get there and i find her stirring something in the pot.

I stand behind her and wrap my arms around her waist and plant a kiss on her neck. "Unjani?" I ask. (How are you?) "Ngiyaphila wena." answers Ayesha. (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) She turns around to face me and pecks my lips. "How was your day?"

"It was fine but you know how hectic work can get. I'm just tired and all I need is a glass of wine and some good food made by you." I answer and she chuckles. "Don't worry i have those ready for you. You can go take a bath I've already prepared it for you." she says and i smile. "Really?" "Yes really now go bath so you can eat." I chuckle and peck her lips.

I untangle my arms around her and go upstairs. I love how thoughtful she is. I get inside our bedroom and take off my clothes and put them in the dirty hamper. I walk to the bathroom and there are candles around the tub and a few rose petals in the water with some bubbles. I appreciate this gesture. This makes me love her even more.

I test the water to check if it's hot enough and it is so I get inside and sigh when the water detangles my knots. I think I want a massage after this. Work is really hectic and being around dead bodies can take a toll on you but I've learnt to detach my emotions while I'm busy with work and i will feel when I get home.

The thing I enjoy about my work is that I'm alone and nobody disturbs me unless I'm working with another person to help me identify the cause of death for the victim if the body is badly decomposed but most of the time I'm alone which I like because I don't like being around people. A few are an exception. The annoying part is when I have to go to court to explain the cause of death and so forth.

But I have adjusted to that part so it is no longer a bad thing like it was when I first began going to court. I take the washcloth and start bathing myself. After bathing i chill for another ten minutes before I get out of the tub. I drain the tub and clean it. I wrap a towel around my body and walk to my room.

I take out my pjamas and lotion from the closet and start lotioning my body. I wear my pjamas and bonnet and go downstairs. Now I feel refreshed and a bit better. I get to the kitchen and i see her plate up for us. "How was your day?" I ask. "It was good. It was nice taking a day off for the first time in centuries." she answers.

"That's because you think being a workaholic is nice." I say and she chuckles. "Look at the pot calling the kettle black." she says and we chuckle. "I'm not tryna act better but I'm just saying that you enjoyed it because you are so used to being a workaholic." "You should take it too." "No I'm fine at work." She chuckles.

"Oh please everyone needs a break and that everyone includes you love." she says. "I know but I enjoy working." I say. "The same work that sometimes affects your mental health." "Its what I love doing Ayesha." "I know but I'm saying you need a break because the field that you are in requires you to take a break sometimes." "I'm fine."

"I know you fine but sometimes you get overwhelmed by everything and i just want you to be okay that's it." she says. "I know and i appreciate that but I don't need to take a day off." I say. "You so stubborn woman." I chuckle. "You love this stubbornness now don't you." "Questionable." I gasp and she chuckles. "Just kidding I love it even though it pisses me off sometimes."

"Okay I will consider taking a day off then." I say and she smiles. "Finally you cracked but you deserve the break you have been working your ass off proving to them that you are capable and they know you are capable so give yourself a break." she says. "Fair point. I'll talk to my boss then." She smiles and claps her hands excitedly. "Lets go eat then."

I take my plate and glass of wine and we walk to the dining room. We sit down facing each other and start eating. "So what did you do besides resting?" I ask. "I was busy cleaning and doing the washing I also made dinner and your bath." she answers. "So you had a productive day." "Yeah." "I'm fetching my brother tomorrow."

"Wow his getting released?" she asks. "Yes he is." I answer. "That's a good thing." "I know but I hate the fact that he took the fall. I mean I'm the one that killed him so why did he take the blame. Why didn't he let me pay the price instead of acting all superhero when it wasn't needed. He had a bright future ahead of him." "He was protecting you." "I know but why did he do that."

I blink away the tears and i take a deep breath in and exhale slowly. She gets up and moves to my side and cups my face. "Look it's okay don't blame yourself he doesn't too. He did what he thought was best at that time. Yes I know it wasn't really the brightest desicion but he doesn't regret it at all and he would do it again. Your brother loves you and he would protect you guys no matter the cost." she says.

"I hate him for what he did. I don't appreciate this sacfrice that he made for us. I should be the one there not him." I say and let the tears fall. Everyday I had to live with the guilt that my brother is in prison because of me. Yes he took the blame to protect me but he didn't think how that would make me feel. That's why I'm always working so I can avoid such thoughts. I manage to block them out when I'm at work.

"Its okay he is getting out tomorrow so don't dwell too much about it. After tomorrow it will all be in the past okay." she says and i nod. "Can he stay here until he gets back on his feet. It's the least I can do since I landed him in jail." I say. "Its okay love I don't mind at all." "Thank you." "Anytime." She pecks my lips multiple times and i giggle.

"That's how I want to see you. Don't cry he doesn't regret it and neither does he blame you so stop living with the guilt okay. You need to let go and move on." she says and i nod. "Good let's eat then we are both hungry." We chuckle. She goes back to her side and we continue eating and enjoying light conversations. I feel better after what she said to me but still I can't help but feel guilty for how things unfolded.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
They hand him his things and he pulls me in for a hug. "I missed you so much Phiwokwakhe." I say and break down. "I missed you too Phiwokuhle. It feels good to hug you again." he says and i smile. We break the hug and i wipe away my tears. He isn't even crying but I know he means what he says.

How much has prison changed my brother? "Lets get out of here." I say and he nods. I take his things and we walk out and head to the car. I expected some kind of emotion from him but he is very neutral right now. I can't understand how he really feels, is he happy or sad or what. I wish he just gave me a hint on how he feels instead of blocking everything out.

We get to the car and i unlock it and put his stuff in the boot. I get inside and bring the ignition to life and drive off. "What song do you want?" I ask. "No music." he answers. "Are you sure? I mean it could help break the..." "Ngithe no music or you don't understand English now." (I said.) "Sorry." Does he blame me for everything that unfolded?

Has reality set in that that was a stupid mistake from his side and now it cost him his whole future? I don't know how I will cope if he too was to blame me for how the events unfolded because that means I will be alone. My mom and siblings and entire family don't speak to me anymore because I let him take the blame when i knew I could have changed the situation.

But there was nothing that I could have done he was adamant on what he wanted and i had no choice but to accept it but anyways it was his fault because he planned the whole thing and i just took his last breath. I just wish I can turn back time and switch roles because everything was going to be okay. We get back to my house and i leave the car in the driveway. "This is your house?" he asks. "Yes it is." I answer.

"You've done well for yourself I'm proud of you." he says and i smile. "You not angry at me?" I ask. "Phiwokuhle I don't regret taking the blame for anything and i mean it is my fault had I forced you to stay back home that day you wouldn't be living with this guilt right now. Our family may hate you but I don't." I pull him in for a hug and he chuckles.

"I'm sorry for failing you and not fighting hard enough. I love you and i promise you I will help you achieve your dreams and goals despite your record." I say. "Its okay I am not angry at you." he says. I break the hug and kiss his cheek and he wipes the spot I just kissed. "Don't act like a big boy I'm older than you." He laughs.

"Oh please you wish you were older than me. Never have never will." he says and i roll my eyes. "I am older than you baby brother." I say and he laughs. It's good to see him laugh. I was scared that maybe he is also starting to blame me and i would be all alone. I love my brother and he is the only person I have left besides Ayesha.

"Let me give you a tour of my house lil bro." I say and he rolls his eyes. "Lets go big sis." he says and we laugh. We get out of the car and go inside the house. I give him the tour of the house and which room he will be sleeping in. We still need to buy his clothes and toiletries. "Lets go buy your stuff." "What's the budget?" "R10K including some furniture pieces to customise this room."

"Let me go spend my sister's hard earned money." he says and we laugh. "Let us go." I say. "I'm proud of you and the things you managed to accomplish in these eight years. I know you will continue being successful from here onwards." I smile. "Thank you. I will also help you become successful and let's not let your record define you." He nods and pulls me in for a hug. "I love you Phiwo." "I love you too Phiwo." We laugh.

♡♡◇◇
Ayesha's POV

I knock twice on the door and Mandisa opens it. She smiles and pulls me in for a hug. "I missed you." she says and i chuckle. "I missed you too can I come in?" I ask. "Sure." She makes space for me to enter and we walk to the kitchen. I sit on the bar stool and she offers me a glass of coke and I accept it. "Where's your mom?" "She's out she'll be back soon."

She hands me my glass and i thank her. "So to what do we owe this special visit from you?" she asks. "I need to speak to your mom first." I answer. "How is she?" "You know if you made the effort to see her you would know how she is." She sighs. "It's hard." I scoff. "Don't up with excuses as to why you can't see your sister." I see her blink away the tears and i roll my eyes.

She shouldn't think that her tears will move me, maybe in the past they would but now they don't. If she really cared about Phiwokuhle she would have made that effort and reached out to her. Now she wants to act like she cares now that her brother is out. She shouldn't pull that it was hard excuse, she's an adult and needs to make her own desicions.

"How are you?" she asks breaking the akward silence. "I'm fine." I answer. "Are you enjoying work?" "I do even though it's really busy but the pay is worth it cause I can spoil her and take care of us." "That's nice." Musa walks in the kitchen and we dab each other. "Unjani sisi?" he asks. (How are you?) "I'm good and you." "I'm good too. I missed you."

"I missed you too how have you guys been?" I ask. "We've been okay. We enjoying the varsity life and i can't wait to finish my course." he answers. "That's good. You've come far guys continue working hard and the results will be worth it." They smile. I hear the door opening and her mom walks in the kitchen and we greet each other.

"How are you?" asks her mom. "I'm good and you ma." I answer. "I'm good too. What brings you here today?" "I wanted to talk to you about something." "What has Phiwokuhle done now?" I fight the urge to roll my eyes. "She hasn't done anything." "Okay I'm listening." "I want to propose to her and i need your blessings." "Wow." "Is that it?"

"Huh?" "I mean is that all you going to say." I ask. "No I'm just shocked I just want to process everything. You can propose to her I have no problem as long as she is also ready for marriage." "And I want you guys to fix things." She rolls her eyes. "I'm not about to do that. She is the reason her brother went to jail and his future went down the drain just like that."

"That very same brother didn't mind taking the blame and he is also at fault cause he planned the whole thing. I don't know why you keep crucifying her the way that you are. Don't you realise that she is also hurting. Her twin went to jail for something that she also took part of she also carries the guilt of that everyday. She's only better now because he is out." I say and her eyes widen in shock. "Phiwokwakhe is back."

"You would know if you were an involved mother and didn't turn your backs on the both of them when they needed you." I say. I'm no longer going to sugarcoat the truth they need to hear it as is if they have a problem tough luck. "I..." "Ma you failed your kids. I've been quiet for too long and i thought you would realise your mistakes sooner but you didn't." "I'm sorry." "Do you think I'm the one that needs to hear that apology."

She shakes her head no. "Where is she now?" she asks. "She's at the house with Phiwokwakhe. He'll be living with us and we will help him get back on his feet. She is willing to help him make something out of himself despite the record. You see what kind of a person she is, she is selfless and kind and loving and is willing to help others." I say. "Can we go see her?"

"Reach out to her. I'm not going to be the connecter i just came here to ask for your permission and to help you realise your mistakes cause I realise how much she misses you. It's up to you guys whether you listen and make things right or continue with your lives but just know when you do that you will always carry the guilt and wished that you fixed things." I say and stand up and leave.

I'm glad I got that out of the way. I really needed to to talk to them. I wasn't going to propose to her without asking for blessings and i also want them to make things right. I know she is hurting where she is but she is trying to cover her pain but I see right through her. I love her and i will do whatever it takes to make her happy.

I get to my parents house and i see my brothers cars parked and i smile. It's been a while since we've seen each other and i really miss them. I know we about to make some noise. I get out of the car and head inside. I walk to the kitchen and i see everyone sitting on the bar stools and we greet each other and i hug my parents.

"Aren't we getting a hug?" asks Devon. "You guys don't deserve it it's only the rents." I answer and we chuckle. "So it's like that now?" "Its always been like that it will never change." We laugh. "How are you?" asks mom. "I'm good and you ma." "I'm good too." "Where is Phiwo?" "She's at home with her brother."

"Oh his out of prison?" asks dad. "Yes he got released today and his staying with us until he gets back on his feet." I answer. "That's news worth celebrating. We are inviting ourselves next week so you better cook." "Speaking of that I have some news for you." "We listening." "I want to propose to her." They smile.

"We happy you taking this step. You guys have been together for eight years and i think it's time you settle down. I see the love she has for you and the love you have for her so you have my blessings." says dad. "Thank you baba." I say. "You also have my blessings. I'm happy my princess that you getting married." says mom and I smile. "We all approve." says Devon.

"Thank you guys." I say. "So what plan do you have?" asks dad. "I'm taking her on a trip and we explore Cape Town and then I go down on my knee." "That's a nice plan. You do have everything ready right?" "Yes I do I just needed your blessings." "We approve of this. I can't wait until she officially becomes my daughter in law." I smile.

I'm glad that they approve. Now I have everyone's blessing so I just need to wait for next weekend to come and i take her to Cape Town and have some fun and get some loving from her cause it's been a minute and pop the question. Fingers crossed she says yes cause this wasn't cheap.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"You know my mom reached out to me and my brother." says Phiwo and i probe her to continue. "She explained how you visited her and sat her down and told her how you felt all this time." "And?" I ask. "I'm glad you did that but I don't want to fix things anymore." "Why?"

"Because Ayesha she hurt me. She's my mother yet she continues hurting me. I can't keep forgiving her and running back to her afterwards I'm also tired as a person to be wronged over and over again." she answers. "I understand but are you sure about that?" I ask. "I am. I'm tired of my mom." I kiss her forehead and she snuggles closer to me.

"Its okay. Whatever desicion you make I will support you." I say. "Thank you but I appreciate the effort." she says. "If it's what you want its fine. I talked to her because I wanted to fix things cause I can see you miss her." "I do miss her but I'm tired of her hurting me. Maybe later on we can sit and talk but for now I just need to be alone and Phiwokwakhe needs time too. The door is not closed yet." "That's better." She hums in agreement.

"Do you want to go for another round?" she asks and i chuckle. "I would love too but we need to get ready I'm taking you out." I answer and she whines causing me to chuckle. "I promise when we come back later I'm on top of you." "Fine." "Don't you want to go out and explore." "I do but I also want to have sex with you and lay under these covers." I chuckle and kiss her forehead.

"You can keep me under the covers all you want later on. For now can we get ready to go." I say and she sighs. "Fine but don't shower with me." she says. "Now that's not happening. I am showering with you whether you like it or not." She giggles. She gets up and i smack her ass causing her to giggle. I love her ass very much.

I also get up and we walk to the bathroom and take an innocent shower. This is the first time where we get to spend time together so I understand why she wants me under the covers so bad. I do too because I hadn't gotten laid in a while but I need to propose to her. I'm excited yet nervous at the same time. Fingers crossed it goes well.

We get ready and she's wearing a black off the shoulder body con dress that shows of her perfect figure. She pairs it up with matching high heels and ties her weave into a messy low bun and adds a bit of make up. "You look gorgeous." I say and she giggles and pecks my lips. "Thank you." she says and i smile.

I'm wearing a black jumpsuit that shows a bit of cleavage and my black blazer. I decided to be in touch with my feminine side today. I tie my hair into a high ballerina bun and add lipgloss. "You look gorgeous too. I love the undercut." she says and i smile. "Thank you love." I peck her lips and she giggles. We finish up and leave the hotel. We take a cab to the restuarant and when we get there I pay the driver and head inside.

The waitress takes us to a table that has the view of the Atlantic ocean. We engage in light conversations through out and I'm enjoying the atmosphere and everything. The food here is too die for I wish I can take the chefs back home with me but I can't. We finish eating dessert and we sit for an hour before I pay for the bill and we leave and walk to the ocean.

I have already set up there and everything is ready. I check my blazer pocket and the box is still there. We get to the ocean and she's in awe of the set up. "Its beautiful baby." she says and i smile. "I'm glad you like it." I say. "What is this for?" "I'm just celebrating us and our love story." "I'm listening."

We get to the set up and we take off our shoes and let the sand tickle our feet. "We've been through a lot these past eight years. From long distance to the drama with your brother landing in jail and many more but we made it and we still standing here. I'm still in love with you and you still manage to steal my heart like the first day we met." I say and she smiles.

"I mean I am a charmer after all." she says and we chuckle. "I love you and i truly appreciate you and i will continue to do so till the day I die. You are the best thing to happen to me and I'm glad that I have you in my life." I say and she blinks away the tears. I take out my box and go down on one knee and she gasps. "Will you make me the happiest woman on earth and be my wife till the day I die."

I open the box and she let's out another gasp. She takes out something from her clutch bag and it's a ring box. She also goes down on one knee and opens the box and we chuckle. "Thank you for coming into my life and changing it the way that you did. I knew I was going to keep you forever the day we confessed our love to each other. I will continue to love you, appreciate you and cherish you and grow old with you till the day I die. You are mines to keep and i really love you Ayesha. Make me the happiest woman on earth and be my wife otherwise i beat you up for saying no. I was going to do this when we go back home and i but i guess this is the perfect time." she says and we chuckle.

"I do." I say. "I do." she says and we put the rings on each others fingers. We stand up and pull each other in for a hug and i kiss the living daylights out of her. "Now let's go make some loving like you've always wanted." She laughs. "I love you Ayesha Mchunu." "I love you too Phiwokuhle Nkosi." We pull each other in for another kiss and i smile.

I really love her and I'm glad she's mine to keep and cherish for the rest of my life till the day I die. She's a keeper that's for sure...

_________________________________________

A/N: It is officially the end to this book❤🌈😭. Thank you so much for the support you've shown I really appreciate it❤. I hope you enjoyed the epilogue and yes this is the end to Phiwokuhle's story.

See you in the next books zithandwa zami nginithanda nonke💋

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

41 0 11
It was only senior year. Four years of my life all about to come to an end for college next year. Had the stereotypical deadbeat father and hardworki...
110 17 15
Follow as these young people embark on a transformation from High School to the Real World (Which is ironic because this is a fictional book). They l...
446K 16.5K 41
Walking into an empty house is normal to me. I guess I got tired of saying 'I'm home' when nobody is home to reply. It wasn't always like this. I re...
673 5 26
Sophia Woods is quiet, keeps to herself, and hates attention. She moves to Charleston, South Carolina after getting emancipated to run from her terri...