•RE-ADVENTURES• | Pokemon X O...

Av yuitheblackx

Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokemon!This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokemon! For some pe... Mer

Let The Journey Begin
A Night In Viridian
First Catch
Getting The Badge
Mt.Moon Trouble
Cerulean's Deadly Experience
Maiden In Bloom
Proton's Deadly Clutches
S.S.Anne Fiasco
Reunion
Lightning Fast Progression
Three's A Squad
Celadon Heist
Clashing Ideals
Lavender Hauntings
Tired Trio Reach Fuschia
We Meet Again
Battles And Problems
Parting Ways
Truth Be Told
Darkness Looms Over
Problems In Kanto
Hunt For The Legendary Birds
Freezing Seafoam Islands
Mysterious Trainer Strikes
The Showdown Begins
Silph Co. Conflict
Turn Taken For The Worse
Tyranny Ends
To The Top
Legend Of The Champion
See You In The Semi-Finals
Semi-Finals Take Off
The Kanto War
Next Step
The Johto Region
Teammates And Threats
Challenges
Slowpoke Crisis
Forest Guardian
Goldenrod Radio Battle
Underground And National Park
Revealing The Past
Ecruteak In Chaos
The Young Little Girl
Raiden And Riyu
Fortune And Misfortune
Olivine To Cianwood
Safari Zone Abduction
Unleashing Traces
Intentions Of Team Rocket
Ninja Town Of Mahogany
Raging Over The Lake
An Old Man's Wisdom
Radio Tower Take Over
Return Of Darkness
Taking The Rockets Down For Good
Confession
Fragments Of The Past
Possible Graveyard
Battle For The Last Badge
Silver Conference
Disastrous Finale
Realize
Goodbye Johto
Hoenn Welcomes You
That Boy Wally
Magma And Aqua
Concealing Emotions
Rustboro To Dewford
Unfortunate Events
Regice Invasion
An Unwanted Confrontation
Expense
Battles Both In And Out
Slateport City
Whom To Trust
Food Theft
Reunited
To Fallarbor
Meteorite Mentality
Love Or War
Fairy Wings
With Wallace
Team Eon
Atop Mt.Chimney With A Playboy
Aftermath Of Mt.Chimney
Mirage Tower
Two Badges In A Row
Side By Side
Bridged Gap
Weather Institute Horror
Riots
Peace Returns
Scorching Trouble
Drowning In The Depths Of Despair
Reminded
Relations
The Edge
Twisted Dream
Magma Invasion
Battling Together With The Champion
Breaking The News
Moves Against
Brendan Returns
Seventh Badge
Time To Act
Lured Into A Trap
Jagged Base
Old Friend
Sea Mauville Sacrifice
Another Vote

Ren's Origins

2 1 0
Av yuitheblackx

As Raiden's vision began to blur from the strain, a sudden sensation of weightlessness engulfed him. He felt a firm grip around his waist, pulling him back from the brink. When his eyes fluttered open, the first thing he saw was Wallace's concerned face, eyes filled with both relief and urgency.

"Easy there," Wallace murmured, ensuring Raiden was stable before letting go. The rain-soaked wind whipped around them, contrasting the intense relief that washed over Raiden.

Swampert approached, its towering figure blocking out some of the rain. The Pokémon leaned down, its eyes scanning Raiden's form, checking for any injuries.

Wallace helped Raiden to his feet, concern evident in his gaze. "What are you doing here in Lilycove?" Raiden managed to ask, his voice hoarse from the recent events.

"I could ask you the same," Wallace replied, his tone serious. "But first, let's get you somewhere safe." He gestured towards the entrance of the building, away from the rain and the harrowing scene behind them.

The door to the hotel room creaked open, revealing a weary Raiden leaning heavily against the door frame. The dim lighting of the room illuminated the familiar faces inside — Mayu, looking refreshed but with a hint of concern in her eyes, and Riyu, who was nestled closely beside her.

However, it was Steven's presence that caught Raiden off guard. The usually composed champion had a grave expression, his gaze fixed intently on the young man.

"Steven? What are you doing here?" Raiden asked, a mix of surprise and curiosity evident in his voice.

Steven gestured towards the chairs, his expression stern. "Sit down, Raiden. We have matters to discuss."

Raiden hesitated for a brief moment before taking a seat next to Mayu. The atmosphere in the room grew tense, the weight of the impending revelation hanging heavily in the air.

"Something's happened," Mayu began, her voice soft yet filled with concern. "What happened out there?"

Raiden took a deep breath, trying to collect his thoughts. "It's a long story," he began, "But before that, why is Steven here?"

Steven cleared his throat, choosing his words carefully. "There's something you all need to know about Ren. It's about time the truth came out."

The tension in the room thickened with each passing moment. Steven's eyes bore into the group, his face etched with concern.

"When was the last time any of you saw Ren?" he questioned, his voice firm.

Riyu hesitated, her eyes darting nervously around the room before she finally spoke. "She left to meet Moon. It's been about two hours."

Steven exchanged a glance with Wallace, the gravity of the situation evident in their expressions. "We've been monitoring Ren's movements through her phone," Wallace began, his voice low. "It's a precaution we've taken given the recent events."

Raiden frowned, confusion evident on his face. "Why would you track her?"

Wallace sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "It's complicated. But the point is, she's gone silent. She's not responding to our calls."

Mayu's eyes widened, her gaze darting towards the door as if expecting Ren to walk in any moment. "You mean she's missing?"

Steven nodded, his jaw clenched. "Her phone was found near the Lilycove Warehouse. But there's no sign of her."

Raiden's heart raced, a sinking feeling settling in the pit of his stomach. "You think something happened to her?"

Steven's expression darkened. "Given the circumstances, we can't rule out anything. We need to find her, and fast."

The room fell silent, the weight of Steven's words hanging heavily in the air. They were faced with a grim reality, and the race against time had begun. Mayu straight up asked them why they were tracking her in the first place which Wallace answered, "She is something like our adopted sister."

The room was thick with tension, the atmosphere heavy with unspoken words. Mayu's gaze darted between Steven and Wallace, confusion evident in her eyes. "So, you're telling me that Ren is like your... sister?"

Steven's gaze softened, a hint of regret flickering in his eyes. "In a way, yes. We've known Ren for a long time. She's not just a close ally; she's family."

Wallace leaned forward, his hands clasped together. "But it's more complicated than that," he added, meeting Mayu's eyes squarely. "You see, Ren was once part of the Hoenn Government League Official. She was a beacon of hope, a symbol of justice. She was also a member of Team Eon."

Raiden's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Team Eon? As in, the same Team Eon that works closely with the champions?"

Steven nodded gravely. "Exactly. Ren was our inside connection, our liaison between the government and Team Eon. She was brilliant, courageous, and utterly devoted to the cause."

Mayu frowned, trying to piece it all together. "So, what happened?"

Wallace sighed, running a hand through his hair. "When Team Rocket resurfaced in Kanto, Ren was sent there as part of the Hoenn delegation to assist in their neutralization. She played a crucial role in their defeat. But the mission took its toll on her. She saw things, experienced things... that changed her."

Steven took over, his voice somber. "When the mission in Kanto concluded, Ren could have returned to Hoenn and resumed her duties. But she chose not to. She wanted to continue her journey, to explore regions beyond our shores."

Raiden leaned in, intrigued. "So, she became a trainer?"

Wallace shook his head. "Not exactly. She journeyed with her friends, yes. That is you. But during her travels in Johto, there was an incident. Confidential information was leaked, secrets that could jeopardize the stability of our region. We traced it back to Ren."

Mayu's eyes widened in disbelief. "Ren? But why would she..."

Steven held up a hand, silencing her. "We asked ourselves the same question. And when confronted, Ren rebelled. She felt betrayed, felt that we were stifling her freedom. It led to a rupture, a fracture in our relationship."

Raiden frowned, trying to make sense of it all. "But if she's been a part of Team Eon, why didn't you just arrest her?"

Wallace sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly. "It's not that simple. Ren was once a hero, a symbol of hope. Bringing her to justice would have been a PR nightmare. So, we decided to cut ties, to distance ourselves from her."

Mayu shook her head, struggling to reconcile the image of the Ren she knew with the person they were describing. "But you said you met her again in Hoenn. Why would you give her another chance?"

Steven looked away, his gaze distant. "Because despite everything, Ren has a good heart. She's made mistakes, grave ones, but deep down, she's still the same person we once knew. When we crossed paths again in Hoenn, we saw a spark in her, a glimmer of the Ren we once knew. I hate to see this but she really can't do anything like that."

Wallace nodded in agreement. "We decided to give her another chance, to see if she could redeem herself. And for a while, it seemed like she was on the right path."

Raiden sighed, running a hand through his hair. "So, what now? If she's gone missing..."

Steven leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees. "Before we cut ties, Ren confided in us. She said she was being threatened, blackmailed into revealing information in exchange for keeping her secrets safe. At first, we were skeptical, but she seemed genuinely scared."

Raiden raised an eyebrow. "Threatened? By whom?"

"We don't know," Steven admitted, frustration evident in his voice. "She was always vague about it, said it was someone possibly from her past."

Mayu frowned, her arms crossed. "Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I would've executed her for her betrayal, no matter how close she was to you."

The room grew tense, the weight of Mayu's words hanging heavily in the air. Wallace's eyes narrowed, his gaze piercing. "That's a harsh stance, Mayu. But you're not alone in thinking that way." He glanced at Steven, a hint of sadness in his eyes. "She's talking just like you now."

Steven sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I won't deny it. When we first discovered Ren's betrayal, I was consumed by anger and disappointment. The thought of executing her crossed my mind more than once. But over time when she begged for mercy, I realized that it wasn't that simple. Ren is a complex individual, driven by her own motivations and fears."

Mayu shook her head, her eyes filled with resolve. "Regardless, she betrayed your trust. There should be consequences."

Wallace nodded in agreement. "And there will be. But for now, our priority is finding her, ensuring she's safe. We can deal with the repercussions later."

Raiden leaned back, rubbing his temples. "So, what's our next move?"

Steven took a deep breath, his gaze unwavering. "For now, we act like nothing's changed. We continue our journey, train our Pokémon, and keep our eyes and ears open. If we cross paths with Ren, Mayu, I trust you to handle the situation appropriately."

Mayu nodded solemnly. "You want me to apprehend her."

Steven looked at her, a mix of respect and caution in his eyes. "Yes. If it comes to that."

Wallace sighed, his expression conflicted. "Everyone has a say in what happens to Ren, Mayu. Except for me. Especially when I'm her mentor."

Mayu blinked, taken aback. "But Wallace—"

He held up a hand, cutting her off. "I know I care about her, but emotions can cloud judgment. We need to approach this logically, ensuring the safety of everyone involved, including Ren. So I will agree for now."

Steven adjusted his rings, looking thoughtful. "Ren has always been clever, and her decision to focus on contests might have been a way to avoid direct confrontations with certain individuals. She's always been strategic."

Wallace nodded in agreement. "She's adept at reading situations and making choices that benefit her. But right now, our primary concern should be the safety of everyone, especially with the looming threat of Team Magma and Aqua."

Steven glanced at Mayu and Raiden, his expression serious. "You two took down Matt and Courtney. That's no small feat. But it also means you're on their radar now. Leaders, Archie and Maxie won't take kindly to their top grunts being killed."

Raiden clenched his fists. "We'll be ready for them."

As Steven and Wallace prepared to depart, Wallace leaned in closer to Steven, lowering his voice. "Why didn't you ask Mayu about her ties? There's something about her, isn't there?"

Steven looked over at Mayu, who was deep in thought, her eyes focused yet distant. "There's a lot we don't know about Mayu. But right now, our priority is Ren. We'll deal with the rest when the time comes."

Riyu looked between Raiden and Mayu, her eyes wide with apprehension. "This is all so much to take in. I mean, Ren being tied to Team Eon... It's like a never-ending maze."

Raiden's gaze was sharp as he turned to Mayu. "So, you're really considering apprehending Ren?"

Mayu's expression was resolute. "Individuals like Ren, who play both sides, can become unpredictable liabilities. My brother, Tsukiko, was a prime example. His actions tore me apart and led him down a dangerous path. If we don't address Ren now, who knows what she might become or what dangers she might pose in the future."

Raiden nodded slowly, understanding the weight of her words. "Alright, we'll proceed with caution. But remember, she's still our friend."

Mayu sighed, her shoulders sagging slightly. "I know. And it's not a decision I take lightly. But sometimes, the hardest choices are the ones that need to be made for the greater good."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

3.5K 101 15
2022: This needs to be rewritten, and I am currently rewriting it on my AO3. Check my profile for a link to my AO3 profile, under Mel_the_Pirate! It'...
161K 2.4K 40
This fanfic starts after Serena and Ash get to Hoenn and Kanto. Serena starts participating in contests and making new friends. Ash watches and supp...
34K 730 22
Cassandra came to Galar running from a past she couldn't bring herself to face. Leon was running from his failure, and enemies that either wanted hi...
124K 2.1K 46
Let's just get to the point. You go on a Pokemon journey through Kanto region. (Ps. This is a rewrite of my old Pokemon story. I wasn't really happy...