Runaway Bride

By EricaAB99

I ... I didn't even knew I was going to marry him till yesterday. I have no way to go now. I can't be stuck... More

Chapter- 1 Runaway Bride
Chapter-2 Finding her
Chapter-3 Color of betrayal
Chapter- 4 Blood relations
Chapter-5 Escape
Chapter-6 Caught again
Chapter-7 "Sleep well, my love"
Chapter-8 Wedding
Chapter-9 Love you
Chapter-10 Care
Chapter-11 Boyfriend
Chapter-12 Sweet Trap
Chapter-13 Dominance
Chapter- 14 Slap
Chapter-15 he is back
Chapter-16 Anger
Chapter-17 Her anger
Chapter-18 Attention
Chapter- 19 Truth
Chapter- 20
Chapter-21
Episode-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter- 26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter- 33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter 37
Chapter-38
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Episode- 43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter- 61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter-65
Chapter-66
Chpater-67
Chapter-68
Chapter-69
Chapter-70
Chapter- 71
Chapter-72
Chapter-73
Capter-74

Chapter- 39

5.3K 147 37
By EricaAB99

chapter- 39

Cherish's POV:

I realized Riccardo was talking me directly to the car, But... August and Jasmine will be worried sick.

I feel bad for them, I can't do anything for them, yet they care for me so much.

I heard Jasmine from behind, "Diamond!....."

Riccardo stopped, he got me on my feet as he said, "Go to the car.... it's getting late..... I will thank them on your behalf..."

August said, "Mr. Valentine... where are you taking her?...."

Riccardo turned to him, not so pleased. Riccardo said, "Home.... I appreciate you taking care of her... but we need to go back...."

August said, "You want to go?" He was looking at me, asking me this.

Jasmine said in between, "Are you crazy?... Don't you remember how she was when she got here?...."

She pulled me behind her as she said, "Mr. Valentine... she is not going tonight.... I don't know... but.... I think she should stay here few more days...." She seemed like she was declaring.

Riccardo was glaring at both of them, Jasmine whispered to me, "Didn't you notice.... what kind of stunt he pulled?.... what I will do if something goes wrong with you?.... and anyways.... don't trust him this much, and...."

I heard Riccardo, "It's none of your business... it's my wife who needs to trust me.... or what are you two fools invading for?"

I said, "Hey.... Hey... both sides..."

I stood in between them stopping them. I said, "You... don't say anything to my friends... and Gust, and Jas... don't say bad about my husband too..."

Jasmine rolled her eyes, I felt Riccardo's hand on my waist pulling me to him, he whispered in my ear, "Husband... sounds nice..."

My face turned red. Jasmine said, "We are here... ok... don't touch her like that..."

Riccardo smirked saying, "I will... Because I can...."

Jasmine was about to punch Riccardo but August grabbed her shoulders stopping her.

I said, "Stop it you all!!!"

I sighed, fixing my hair, I walked to Jasmine and August, I said, "Thanks for everything... I will back to check on the casino soon.... and.. I think I should go back, Jas...."

She sighed, She whispered, "You would be fine right...."

I nod, she touched my hair fixing them, "You sure..."

She hugged me as I said, "Yes... Jas... thanks for being part of my life...."

She pinched my cheek saying, "Stop acting too much... but I will miss you..."

I gave her a smile, I parted and went to hug August. I whispered as August hugged me back, "Gust... thank you...."

He whispered, "be ok.. or my fiancé will worry too much..."

If only Isaac treated me right, as August does.

The way back was quite silent. I kept looking out of the window as the car keeps driving, will take us few hours though.

Riccardo didn't said much, his head was resting back as he closed his eyes. He was sleeping was he that restless or he just didn't sleep.

I was busy admiring his looks, he is one in millions. He is so effortlessly beautiful.

The car stopped with a violet break, I screamed as my head bumped into the front seat. I felt hand on my chest pulling me back to the seat.

I faced Riccardo who looks too shocked, his eyes showed the surprise he got, I heard Fred, "Sorry... a dog just ran by... are you both ok?"

I felt pain in my forehead, I didn't said much, just kept looking out making sure the dog was ok. He really seemed ok, it was running at the speed of light.

Riccardo screamed at Fred, "Are you nuts!!".

He called me, "Cherish.... you ok?"

I turned to him as I said, "Yea..."

I felt his hands on my face, he said, "You are bleeding!!.... Love... does it hurts?"

It does, but when am I bleeding?

I hisses as I felt him pressing something over my forehead, I whispered, "Leave... it stings...."

Riccardo said, "Be patient...."

30 minutes later,

I hissed again, he placed a band aid over my wound. He stopped the car, and booked at room in nearby hotel.

He said, "Make sure... water doesn't touches it.... we will get to a doctor as soon we reach home..."

I know it doesn't need a doctor. But the thing that makes me nervous is that this hotel room. Yea... he said it's better if he let Fred rest before going back, I knew now the car could have collided.

So... it's better to take prevention that cure... right?

Riccardo said, "it's too late to awake, Love...."

I said, "I am.... am...." I feel like a child.

Riccardo pulled my face to him furrowing, "Does it hurt somewhere else?.... did you got hurt somewhere else?"

I saw a wave of horror on his face, I said, "I am hungry..." He chuckled.

Riccardo's POV:

I saw her talking a bite of her sandwich, I smirked. She is indeed cute when she eats with no care. Like she is more than one person in one.

I like that.

I like that no matter how much I think I know her inside out, There is still something I need to know.

But... her words from earlier gave me some joy, joy is small word.... I feel like I have got everything I ever need.

She missed me.... she thinks about me....

Does that means I have place her heart? Finally, I have place in heart, her life changes in my absence. I mean something to her.

Cherish... you should just tell me, You love me... for how long can I wait?

I noticed she fixed the cover on her after placing the food tray away. I kept chewing my food observing her. The way her hands move through her hair makes me go crazy, I saw her switching her phone on.

After few seconds, I just heard her, "You called me... 200 times...." she looked at me stunned, I kept my eyes off her.

I said, "I thought something happened to you again... I couldn't find you.... and... I was afraid, that you will leave... and never come back...."

Does she knows I felt like my life slide down my hands for these days she decided to leave?

But how I tell her that?

Anyways, I crossed the line first, it's natural she would leave, anyone would react like her.

I gulped some water, cleaning the sofa. We are in hotel room, so... maybe some kind of adjustment should be done.

I said removing my shoes, "Now... sleep.... it's late.. we will leave early...." I knew she was looking at me, I can feel it.

I heard her, "You are sleeping there...."

I whispered, "yea... don't worry.... I will"

Her words stopped mine, "The bed is enough big.... you can squeeze in...."

I thought she would not be ok with this, I turned to her, she said, "I mean... it's not the first time..." I realized how nervous she was.

I internally smirked, I got in the bed, I would never reject this invitation from her. I was flat on the bed, I was still looking at her.

God, knows how I am stopping myself. I remember her words, she never wants my blood in her womb. If my desires and actions or my will makes her stand there, then she will be hating me all her life.

She hates kids, I don't want to lose this affection I got from her. And she will think I used her.

I felt her rolling to me as she embraced me, I heard Cherish, "I want a hug.... can I?"

I internally smiled, I placed my hands around her. She looks comfortable sleeping like this, I am in heaven believe me.

I have decided, I cannot lose this for sake of my desires or a child.

I kissed her forehead, she embraced me more.

This is enough, I don't need her body to love her. I just need to feel it. I am ready to tame the animal in me for her.

Author's POV:

Wade found himself looking at their picture from few months ago. His eyes became more and more desperate seeing that picture, like the sea of memories was drowning him, and his guilt was scattering his mind.

He internally whispered, "I lost you... didn't I?"

He closed his eyes trying to forget that smile, like few minutes of silence was enough to erase her from his mind, when he opened his eyes again, he found his heart scattering more.

He begged, "Cherish..."

But his wishes never came out of his brain. He wanted something, but he knew he lost her. He threw her out of his life himself. That was her punishment for betrayal him right?

The wedding ring was hurting him so much, like it was cutting blood supply to his heart, he felt trapped. The scene he witnessed made him hate himself more, her in his arms.

He hated it.

He whispered, "It's her choice... he choose him when she had me.... she ... she deserves my hate...." His eyes flooded.

He closed his eyes again trying to gain power over himself. When her voice ring in his mind, 'I didn't had a choice....'

His eyes shot open, as if he was able to see a new side.

He denied it. He wished... his mind was playing games.

Cherish's POV:

When I woke up, I had his arm around my waist, he was sleeping on my stomach, embracing me.

I was playing was his hair's, what kind of man he is? I never felt someone can hold this much power over me. Despite being so angry, I still going back with him.

He is heavy though. But... last night.... It felt like I never said I forgive you, bust still everything goes a simple way.

But what is use of fighting when I said my mind.

He promised he won't do that or something as that again.

So.... I have a promise too.

Riccardo whispered, "My hair hurts, love..."

I pulled my hand off him, still amazed he was awake. He pulled my hand back to his hairs, he whispered, "Keep doing that... but gently..."

I whispered, "Demanding...."

He chuckled saying, "Can't I be?"

He crawled up to my face, I felt his lips on my forehead, why is he so needy for attention?

It felt great though.

Riccardo whispered, "Good morning, Wife...." His morning voice gave me shivers.

He rested his head on my pillow, keeping his head right beside mine. We are too close.

Little too close.... that it makes my heart race, my stomach tickle....

It's so amazing.... that I feel this nervousness around him, it's exciting at the same time.

I whispered, "Morning....." He sighed, closing his eyes again.

I asked, "When we are leaving?"

He said, "Soon.... let me sleep little more...."

I stated as last night is still up my mind, "So... you promise not to hurt me again...."

Everything went silent, I felt his hand making me turn to his face, He whispered looking at me, "I will scarifies myself to keep that promise...."

I felt peace just by his words. I grabbed his hand, pulling to my face. I said, "I promise, I will fight, complain... scream at you...... but never leave you...."

I looked at him again, He whispered, "I was wrong...."

I looked at him confused, he said, "How many times will you make me fall in love with you?"

My face went red, my heart was beating so fast, Riccardo whispered, "is that fair?..."

I whispered in between the embrace, "Riccardo...." He seemed to be hugging me tighter, I felt him getting clingy, But I saw something pocking out of his lose shirt.

I touched his chest were few letters were written, I was confused, I pressed him down sitting up. I looked at him as he grabbed my hand as if he was stopping.

I grabbed his collar as I said, "Rule no 1, Never stop me from anything....."

I pulled his shirt exposing his chest, My eyes grew big in shock, I touched the letters to make sure it was true, He wrote my name on his chest, "When?" I whispered.

I met his eyes, I asked, "Why?"

Riccardo said, "I just missed you....."

Few days later,

I said annoyed, "Riccardo... this is it!!!"

Riccardo still said folding his hands, "No... let me help with that..."

I pushed his hand off me, I said, "It's backless... and a jacket is not helping me... it's ruining my outfit!!"

Riccardo looked at me getting out of words, I showed him my back having a quick spin, I whispered, "It's perfect......"

Riccardo said fighting, "Nope.... I don't think so..... it's cold, you get sick.... and....."

I placed his hand on my waist pulling him closer, I found myself tangling my hands around his neck, I placed a little kiss on his cheek, He seemed to be little surprised. I wonder, why he didn't touch me yet.... he never took steps getting intimate since I returned.

It does confuse me, distress me.... was he serious that he would never touch me again.

I tried to get rid of the thoughts, I whispered, "A kiss will make you agree...."

He thought for moment, he then said looking down, "Where are you going then?... when will you return?"

I whispered, "I want to shop a little... then maybe,..... I can't go anywhere after that... I will be back soon...."

Riccardo whispered, "Then take a body guard...."

I rejected, "No... I am not your prisoner, but your wife...."

He licked his lips, he said trying to be in his right mind, "You know everything right... Why I keep saying this?"

I denied, "No..... I don't want to...."

He said fixing my hair, "Then put gps on you.... I request...."

I got angry, but I said as nicely as I could, "Don't think I forget about Iris.... I am just ignoring it...."

I went to leave, but he pulled me back to himself saying, "I do whatever is best for you... that time you needed someone to take care of you to protect you.... and Now I am worried about your safety....."

I whispered, "You always make decision yourself.... what about me?"

He walked to the drawer pulling a ring from there, it's from his stuff. Riccardo said, "I promise no one will know you have it on... and press the small button if you are in danger...."

I looked at him out of words, Riccardo said, "Please... for me....."

I took the ring from him as I said, "Then... I want something from you...."

He assured, "Anything...."

I wore it as I said, "then wait for me to ask someday...."

Few hours later,

I was looking through the watches thinking about Dad, his birthday is right around the corner. Sound I go or not....

I mean I cannot miss it.

I never missed his birthday...

I am trying to go with my feeling with Riccardo, giving him a fair change... or maybe getting greedy for the way he treats me.

Why should I be angry on Dad then?

But.... I fear, I might be too late.....

I heard, "Derosa's daughter...."

I turned to the demanding voice behind me, I looked at his unknown old man. I looked around noticing the people following him.

He is scary, I took a step away from him. He said, "Worst than I thought... follow me...."

I said, "I don't know you...."

The old man said, "You will............ and it will be best to shut your mouth..."

I said, "Beware the way you talk to me... You know who I am?"

The old man was visibly angry, I saw someone coming in between, she said, "Sir... Mr. Riccardo will be angry if he knows you approached her like this....."

One of the guard tried to push her, she grabbed his hand pulling her head up to face them.

Iris?

She said, "Mr. Valentine.... Mr. Riccardo will not like this...."

The old man warned, "How dare you!!... He is my son, it should be him who should be scared of me.... are you threatening me!!!"

Riccardo's Dad....

I said, "Iris move aside.... I will talk with him..."

The old man looking at guard and the store got empty. Iris stood in front of me, she seemed alert. I feel so threatened.

I want to call him, but would it be fair to let him fight his own father. The old man said, "I think my son deserved better...."

I looked at the old man, I hate how they try to push me out his life. I wanted to be harsh with him, but I remember how his mother slapped him for me. Everything I do will go on his shoulder.

I whispered, "I need to go...."

I heard the old man, "What amount you want?... name it... I will pay you to leave my son..."

I turned to him biting my inner cheeks, I said, "How much you will pay me?"

The old man smirked, He said, "How much you want?... I will not deny..."

I said, "I will pay you twice... twice the amount you will name on your son and my relation... I will pay you twice to step out of our personal business...."

The old man was visibly displeased and angry, He said, "Drag this girl out of here... and throw her out somewhere were her ego can be crushed..."

I glared at the guard as I whispered, "Remember who is my husband.... and yea... he loves me a lot..." The guards looked at each other debating.

I smiled at Riccardo's father mocking him. I said, "So.. Father in law.... I need to go..... and sure... take care of yourself... at this age too much scheming is not so good...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 7.3K 30
*Book title has been updated, previously known as Ace* Imagine seeing someone unable to buy food because they didn't have the money. Then randomly a...
18K 281 16
Black eyes. Soulless. Unforgiving. Grey. Ice-cold, but just enough that I'm able to melt it. Both make me feel something. The matter was, which one o...
263K 5.8K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
120K 3K 35
"Don't leave." he takes my hand in his and looks me in the eyes that are full of different emotions now and I can't help but stare back, I don't want...