Turning Tides | P. Jackson Bo...

By MayLarie10

~Book Dedication~ For the Black Sheep of the family. Even though you try somehow it's still your fault. You'r... More

Cast
The Gods
I'm A What?
You're A Real Problem
We've Got A New Kid
We've Got A New Kid [pt 2]
Let's Go On A Quest [pt 2]
Was That A Chimera?
It's Ares
Who Are You?
This Isn't Good
Where's Luke?
She's Your Sister!
He's A Cyclops
Grover's Wedding Dress
We're Leaving
He's Afraid of The Dark
I'm Going To Die In The Sea
My Name is Thalassa
You Need A Little Help?
I'm Sorry Ayden
Thalia
Prophesiezed
Merry Christmas
Hello Again
I Refuse
Family
Immortality
First Greek Party
Camp
Brutal
She's Not Judgemental
Esmeray Cromwell
Grover's In Trouble
Addy
Mr. Di Angelo
Always
The Fate of Olympus
I Promised You
Brat
I Know You're Tired
Ayden Made A Gun
Is This A Date?
I'm Having Fun
Updated Cast *OLDER*
Real Talk
Happy Birthday
God Killer
Wanted
Lo Mein
I'm Ready To Hurt Some Shiny Kids
For Old Times Sake
Bigger Threats
Swear On The River Styx
Dylan's Candy Shop
Eris Cursed Her

Let's Go On A Quest

109 6 0
By MayLarie10

Book 1 - The Lightning Thief

"Ayden!" The girl turned seeing an unfamiliar boy come up to her. She looked down seeing his half goat. Satyr. "You're Ayden Rivera, right?" She nodded. "I'm Grover Underwood." He smiled at her. She could see the small horns poking through his dark curls.

"So you are Grover," She smiled.

"Oh, you know me?" He asked. Ayden tilted her head back and forth.

"Well, yeah, I mean Cameron talks about you a lot."

"She does," His face flushed as he looked down at his hooves.

"Yeah, you were out on a mission or something. She told me how you were the one to lead some of the others to the camp." Ayden explained.

"I was watching over Percy while he stayed in the mortal world," Grover explained. Ayden nodded slowly.

"Well that's good, I'm glad you got him here safely." She turned to walk away, but he grabbed her arm.

"I just," He hesitated as he let go of her. "You are a daughter of Ares, right?"

"Yeah?" Ayden muttered. He stared at her.

"It's just that," He let out a long breath. "Percy thinks of you as a friend and I just wanted to make sure that you have his best interest. I've known him for a while now and I would like to think of him as my closest friend."

"He's your best friend," Ayden answered for him. He nodded smiling.

"Yeah, yeah, he's my best friend. Although I doubt I'm his anymore, but anyway," Grover shook his head. "I just wanted to come meet you in person. I've heard a lot about you."

"None of it was good if you had to come to meet me in person," Ayden smiled as she stared at the nervous satyr. He shook his hands nervously in the air.

"No—no that's—no, I didn't mean it like that. At all, I was just, I'm sorry. It was all great, it's great, you're great," He dropped his hands and let out a long breath. Ayden laughed at his reaction. She tried to ignore the idea that Percy talked about her to his best friend.

"I get it Grover, I was just messing with you. I'm glad Percy has someone to look after him. Especially after being claimed by Poseidon, he's going to need someone to guide him. Someone to look after him," Ayden reasoned as she gestured to Grover.

"I don't think that's my job anymore," His hoove hit the dirt lightly as he sighed.

"I thought you were best friends?" Ayden asked.

"Yeah, we are, just I kind of got myself into trouble, but that's not the issue. Anyway!" He redirected. "I'm glad to have finally met you, Ayden Rivera. I look forward to becoming friends with you in the future, but I have to go to chores now."

"I'm so sorry," Ayden grimaced.

"Yeah, I know," He walked past her moving toward the Pegasus's field and stables. She walked back to her cabin to relax for a bit before training, but Clarisse was standing in the doorway. Her arms were crossed and she looked pissed.

"What happened?" Ayden asked. She hadn't been in the cabin all day. She was with Cameron in the woods earlier.

"Like you don't already know," Clarisse shook her head. "You entitled piece of shit. You don't even want to be a child of Ares." Ayden held up her hands.

"I'm so confused."

"Ayden," Ki called. The boy came over trying to save Ayden from her sister. "Come with me."

"Oh, so you are going to be the one to tell her?" Clarisse called as they walked away. She stepped forward like she was going to follow, but stopped. She threw her hands in the air and walked back into the cabin.

"What the actual hell is happening?" Ayden's eyes were wide. "I can't even get into my own cabin?"

"Okay, well Percy decided who he is taking on the quest today," Ki stopped walking as he put his hands on her shoulders.

"Okay, and?"

"Well of course there was," Ayden turned seeing Percy walk toward the two of them. Ki turned seeing him approach. "I'll let you tell her." He walked past Percy. "Ayden see me later!" Ayden threw her hands in the air.

"So you've got a quest." She looked at Percy waiting for an explanation.

"Yeah, I picked You and Annabeth. I was told there are always usually just three on a quest, but I thought that maybe there could be a fourth since they would be going on the quest, but there are no rules against aiding on a quest. So I also asked Grover." He explained. Ayden froze.

"Wait what?"

"You can say no, I just thought, well, I don't know, but would you like to go on the quest with  Annabeth, Grover, and me?"

"Oh, um I mean I'm a daughter of Ares, I don't think—."

"Ayden," Percy interrupted her meltdown placing his hands on her shoulders. "If you don't want to come, I'm not going to make you, but I was just thinking about what you told me yesterday."

"What did I say?" She asked. Percy laughed lightly.

"That I need to be careful of who I trust from now on," Percy tilted his head. Ayden nodded slowly.

"I did say that, those were smart words," She smirked. "But are you sure you want me to come with you? Annabeth was a brilliant choice. Grover I only just met, but he cares for you, so he's a good choice. And usually, it's only supposed to be three on a quest."

"Yeah, I'm confident with who I picked. Are you in?" He asked. His hands moved off her shoulders. She took a deep breath and pursed her lips. She wasn't really thinking about it. She would love to go on a quest with him and Annabeth.

If it could get her any closer to her father, she would do it. She wanted to meet him face to face. She didn't know if she wanted to fight her father, kill her father, or scream at him. Probably an escalated mixture of each.

"I've got your back, Jackson," Ayden nodded. Percy let out the breath he was holding.

"Good, good, okay, we'll get a bag packed. We leave after mealtime."

"I don't think Clarisse is going to let me into the cabin," Ayden chuckled.

"Can't you just teleport in and out? You can keep your stuff in my cabin. You know I have the space," Percy reasoned. Ayden stared at him and nodded.

"You wouldn't mind?"

"Of course not," He shook his head. "I mean we are going to be spending a lot of time together over the next few days to complete this quest. It will be like bonding time." He joked. Ayden rolled her eyes.

"Okay, well I'll be there in a few minutes to drop my stuff off and then I'll see you at mealtime, okay?" She asked holding up her fist. Percy stared at her hand and nodded.

"Got it." He gave her a fist bump. She smirked and walked off. The moment she turned her back to him she cringed.

"A fist bump Ayden, seriously," Ayden groaned as she pinched the bridge of her nose. She had to pack a bag. She teleported onto her loft hearing movement beneath her. She didn't want to get into it with Clarisse before she left, Ayden didn't even want to see her. She packed a light bag with the necessary items.

"No, she's a pain in my ass." Clarisse walked into the main entry looking out the cabin doors. "They both are, I mean they are new here. We've been here for longer. We know more, we've trained longer." Ayden teleported out of the cabin appearing near Luke.

"Oh hey," She smiled.

"I just spoke with Percy," He tilted his head. He had his hands in his pockets. "Gave him a little parting gift too."

"Oh really," Ayden shrugged her bag onto her shoulders. Luke reached forward untwisiting the strap as he gave her a tight smile. "I think he should have chosen you."

"No," Luke shook his head. "I think he chose right, but I will miss you both. Even Percy, he made life here interesting again."

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't keep it up to your standards," Ayden joked as she looked down the path as Grover and Percy walked together.

"You know that's not what I mean," Luke looked at the pair walking their way as well. "Just be careful and take care of one another." He moved forward slightly pulling Ayden into a hug. She hesitated at first since she hadn't hugged anyone since being here. This was a goodbye for now, so she brushed it off as alright.

"Yeah, I will," Ayden muttered as she leaned back. Luke nodded. "You know we still have mealtime together right?"

"Yeah, but I just wanted to make sure I got a proper goodbye," Luke added as he walked off. Ayden turned facing Percy and Grover.

"Is that your stuff?" Percy asked. Ayden nodded as he took it from her hands walking toward his cabin.

"What's happening?" Grover asked looking between the two of them. Ayden moved after him.

"He's putting my stuff in his cabin."

"Yeah, I can see that, but why?"

"Clarisse."

"Oh I get it now," Grover nodded as they stayed just outside the doors.

"Are we going to mealtime together?" Ayden asked. Percy set her bag near one of the tables. He had supplies lying around. He wasn't packed up yet, but he seemed to be getting organized.

"I'm starving," Grover rubbed his stomach. He turned to Ayden catching her by surprise for a moment. "I heard you were claimed your second day here as well? Is that true?"

"Yeah," Ayden nodded.

"Annabeth threw a blade at you," Percy added. Ayden smirked a little.

"Yeah."

"Well I guess she really knows how to get the god's attention enough to claim their children," Percy muttered as he walked down the path once more.

"Well especially for Ares," Grover walked with Ayden. "I mean he isn't usually one to claim his children fast. They have to prove themselves to be called a child of Ares. They have to earn it somehow. I mean it took Clarisse at least four days of hard training."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think that's why Clarisse is unsure about you, I mean—well it's clear she doesn't like you, but it's because you are getting more attention than she's gotten from Ares. She has always been his favorite of the offspring, but you threaten that claim," Grover rambled off. Ayden chewed the inside of her cheek.

Everything she learns about Clarisse makes her want to try and speak with her, that maybe they can bond over their shared troubles with their father, but she knows better. Clarisse is set on one path as a child of Ares. She wants validation, she wants to be known as the best child, and she wants Ares to be proud of her.

Ayden sought validation from Annabeth, Ki, and Luke. They are the only people she wants to make proud. Chiron maybe even. Ares, may be her father, but that didn't mean she was his daughter.

She was just a daughter. Ayden hoped she never became what her father wanted, that was the one thing she feared actually, that she would turn out like her father. That she would become the man who killed her mother.

"There you are," Ki threw his hands in the air. "I didn't know if you were coming to mealtime or not. I got sad." He stared at his tray of food. It was almost gone.

"I can see." Ayden sat down beside him. "I wouldn't leave without saying bye." Ki furrowed his brows.

"Yes, you would."

"Yes, I would," She laughed. Cameron sat down across from them. Luke sat next to her.

"I hear you are going on a quest," Cameron smiled. "I'm jealous."

"Same honestly," Ki muttered into his cup as he took a drink. Annabeth sat down and grimaced as she watched him wipe the water from his chin. "Sorry." He smiled at her. She returned it and looked down at me.

"You ready?" She asked. Ayden nodded as she rested her arms on the table.

"I've always liked being on the move. So being here for this long makes my skin crawl," Ayden explained. "I'm more than ready to get moving."

"You will be careful," Cameron stared at her. "You're like a sister to me." Ayden reached across the table and took her hand.

"Yes, Cameron, I will be careful." The redhead squeezed her hand. Ki leaned closer to her ear.

"I know she doesn't need this, but take care of Annabeth. She acts like she's got her shit together, but sometimes it's not true." He leaned back. "Just take care of each other." Ayden smiled at him as her eyes moved to Annabeth who was looking at other campers walking by.

"I will." She nodded.

"Good, good," Ki returned to his piece of bread stuffing it into his mouth.

"You are seriously gross sometimes," Luke grimaced as he watched Ki dust his hands off.

"Thank you." He winked. Ayden let out a long sigh. She has been with these four demigods for two weeks every day. Ki was annoying, but she would miss him. He was funny and always wanted her to do her best.

Cameron was her peaceful break from being violent all the time. Ayden had a good grasp over her anger, but the scars on her palms were a constant reminder that even though she thinks she's in control she never is.

***

"A tree?" Percy muttered. Grover, Ayden, and he were standing a few yards away from Thalia's tree so Annabeth could say goodbye. They also had to cross the barrier here.

"It's not just any tree," Grover scoffed. "That's Thalia's tree."

"When Luke, Annabeth, and Thalia were trying to get to camp, they were being attacked by Furys. Thalia sacrificed herself so they could get to safety," Ayden added as she watched Annabeth place her hand on the tree.

"Zeus saved Thalia within moments. He created the barrier around camp as well to protect other demigod children from being harmed passed her tree." Grover sighed. Ayden turned to him slowly. She knew that he was supposed to be their protector. That he was Thalia's protector, but now he was Percy's.

"The most powerful god turned his daughter into a tree," Percy looked at Ayden still confused. Ayden played with the knife in her hands as she shrugged. It's one of the blades she was given by Annabeth. They were duel daggers, but she was grateful to have something.

"Thalia was one of the bravest demigods I knew, she fought valiantly and she met a hero's fate," Annabeth stared at Percy. She didn't like the way he talked about her. Percy pointed at the tree.

"She met a pinecones fate," Ayden turned around fighting the smirk on her face. It was funny but inappropriate. Thalia was known as a great fighter, but she still sacrificed herself for her friends. She wasn't just someone to make fun of. She was the daughter of Zeus.

"Let's get moving," Ayden walked across the grass as Annabeth came to her side.

"I can't believe him," She muttered.

"He's new."

"That doesn't give him any right to disgrace her like that," She argued. Ayden shrugged and stuck the dagger into her pocket locking the blade into its sheath.

The group walked into the main city of New York finding themselves a taxi. They made it to a bus station so they could catch one. They had to make it to Los Angeles. That's where the entrance to Hades was. They found one of the buses and boarded it. Annabeth moved them to the back so Percy was covered by the smell of the bathroom.

"This is disgusting," Ayden gagged as she sat next to the window rolling it down a bit.

"It's necessary," Annabeth sighed. Ayden leaned her head back and played with her necklace as she stared out the window. She tried to remind herself that being outside of camp meant she wasn't safe anymore. That none of them were. She had to be ready to help her friends.

They'd been on it for a couple of hours. Men went back and forth from the bathroom. Each time Ayden shrunk closer and closer to the window trying to get fresh air.

"This is disgusting," Percy grimaced as another man moved back to his seat.

"Traveling in style," Ayden muttered.

"This seems like, I don't know, a low priority. I thought a quest was supposed to be something special, we couldn't have like flown or anything?" Percy asked. Annabeth and Grover looked at each other.

"I'm sorry I thought someone would have told you," Grover leaned forward. "You are a forbidden child. That doesn't only mean you are being hunted, but Poseidon's brothers may see you as a threat. If we were to fly you would be in Zeus's domain. Practically serving you up to him on a silver platter," Grover explained. Percy looked down at the box in his lap. It was shoes from Hermes, the ones Luke had given him.

"No, no one told me that," Percy sighed as he leaned his head back. Ayden felt bad for him. He'd only been at camp half blood a day or two and already he was thrown into a quest. He wasn't allowed any time to rest or adjust to this new life. She was glad she had a few weeks to settle into it, but he had none.

The bus stopped to get some gas and the passengers got off to get food. Annabeth stood up, and Ayden moved after her.

"I'm going to get us some snacks."

"I'll come with," Percy moved, but Annabeth turned around to face him.

"No, you'll stay right there," She reasoned. Her eyes moved to Ayden as the girl stood next to her. "You are staying too."

"Why, it smells terrible back here," Percy sassed.

"Monster can't smell you through that, so it's where I want you," Annabeth pointed at the bathroom. "Ayden, stay with them."

"I wanna vote." Percy shifted in his seat. "Who wants to go breathe some fresh air and buy our own snacks?" Percy looked at Grover as he raised his hand. Ayden raised hers.

"Chips and sodas okay for you guys," Annabeth asked. Ayden didn't sit down. She stayed right behind Annabeth ready to move off the bus.

"I don't think you should get to decide that we shouldn't vote," Percy shook his head.

"We all have free will," Ayden added. Annabeth turned her eyes focusing on Ayden as the girl pursed her lips. "I'm just saying."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Annabeth looked at Percy again.

"I wanna vote, on if you get to decide that we don't vote."

"Grover please can you help your—." Grover started clapping his hands together in a slow rhythm at first. "Friend."

"I really don't want to be a tiebreaker," Grover grimaced. Ayden watched him clap his hands again and again. "I have an idea. Oh Golly, the roads gettin' bumpy 'cause I've got some friends who just can't get along. Oh dear! When the teams getting grumpy the trick to getting through it is singing this song—."

"Dude, what are you doing?" Percy shook his head.

"It's the consensus song," Grover looked at the three demigods before him. "Verse two encourages us to say nice things about each other. You get a few rounds in and you'd be amazed at how disagreements just kind of," His words died off. "Fade away." He looked out the window.

"Chips and sodas okay for you guys?" Annabeth asked once more.

"Whatever," Percy rolled his eyes.

"Yes please," Grover muttered. Annabeth moved down the aisle. Ayden put her hand on Percy's shoulder as she struggled to move over her and Annabeth's bags.

"Who said you get to go?" Percy stared at her. Ayden smiled.

"I'm not a forbidden child," She winked and moved after Annabeth. Ayden stretched her back and arms when she hit the pavement. Annabeth didn't wait for the girl as she walked into the gas station. Ayden went after the chips picking up a few different bags. She knew what she liked, but she didn't know about the others so she grabbed some of her favorites instead. The classics.

She walked around the corner and saw a woman in a red scarf staring at her. She was standing in front of a tobacco section chewing gum and cigarettes. Ayden watched her to see if the woman would look away, but she didn't. That was a sign that she wasn't normal. People would either say something or look away quickly. It reminded Ayden of when she was being hunted by the fury before making it to camp half-blood.

Ayden kept her eyes on the woman as she moved down an aisle seeing Annabeth looking at bigoof gum packs. She was struggling to decide which ones to pick.

"We've got someone," Ayden whispered as she handed Annabeth the chips.

"Where?" She whispered as she grabbed a few handfuls of different gums.

"Take these, I got it," Ayden muttered as she dumped the chips into her arms.

"Ayden, wait," Annabeth struggled to hold the bags of chips, one fell from her arms to the floor.

She didn't pick it up as she walked past Annabeth. She moved around the corner seeing the woman again. Ayden quickly walked for the doors hearing the bell sound. She walked a few feet and went around a corner hearing the bell sound again. She pulled one of the daggers from her pocket and hid it flush behind her arm as the woman came around the corner. She was still disguised as a woman. They were out of sight for around this corner.

"The prophesied daughter of Ares," She tilted her head to the side staring at Ayden. The woman never blinked.

"What?" Ayden's face pinched together as she looked the woman up and down. If there was one there would be more. They knew Percy was on the move. "What do you want?"

"The boy, I have no issues with you."

"Who wants him?"

"I was told to bring him in quickly and quietly," The woman added. "If you give him to me, you can go on the quest uninterrupted."

"I don't care about this damn quest. It wasn't mine," Ayden shot back. "Why did Hades send you?"

"Best not to ask your boss such questions," She moved closer. "Lead him off the bus and there will be no issues."

"I won't be the one with issues," Ayden smirked as she moved closer to the monster. The creature tilted its head. Its wings unfolded from behind its back as she morphed from human to Fury.

"I tried to give you an offer." Ayden wanted to roll her eyes, but she didn't. She moved forward blocking its claw as it swiped for her face as she teleported behind it shoving the dagger up into its lower back.

"This is my answer," She hissed as the monster disappeared into orange dust. Ayden looked around as she slid the dagger back into her pocket. She saw Annabeth's clothes as she disappeared onto the bus. Ayden teleported into the back kneeling just beside Percy.

"We have to leave," Ayden muttered. They both jumped surprised that she was there.

"Why?" Grover asked.

"They found us," Ayden's eyes stayed forward as she searched the faces for Annabeth's. "We have to move now."

"Wait, where is Annabeth?"

"She's on here, but we have to move," Ayden looked over at Percy the two of them holding eye contact for a moment before she looked at the window.

"Open that window," She nodded and pushed herself up. Grover looked behind him seeing the emergency window.

"Uh, I don't think—."

"We aren't really supposed to open those." Percy shook his head.

"Do what she says," Annabeth spoke. She revealed herself slipping the cap into her trouser pocket. Ayden nodded.

"Open it now." Percy and Grover stood up moving the level and shoving the window. It fell out easily shattering on the ground. An alarm started blaring from the inside of the bus as people looked around.

"Alright everyone I need you to grab your bags and exit the bus calmly!" The driver yelled.

"Did you deal with the other one?" Annabeth asked. Ayden nodded as she touched her pants checking to make sure she still had both blades.

"Oh she's coming," Grover whined. Ayden looked back seeing a fury. Its wings folded behind its back as it shoved through the people trying to make its way back to us.

"I can buy you some time—."

"No," Annabeth interrupted Ayden. "I'm not leaving you behind. We travel as a group. There is no need to split up." Ayden looked between her and the fury.

"Percy go first" She urged. Percy and Grover quickly jumped out of the window. Ayden tossed Percy the box before jumping out. Annabeth followed suit.

"Forest," Annabeth instructed as she looked back at the bus. The group ran for cover as the fury launched from the bus window flying into the air.

"It would be extremely helpful if you could teleport us," Grover breathed. Ayden glared at him as they entered the forest slowing their pace as the canopy provided some kind of camouflage.

"I'm sorry Grover, what is your purpose exactly? To mediate?" Ayden shot back as she pulled her hair back into a low ponytail. Percy watched her, his expression worried. She let out a long sigh. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." She admitted as she passed Grover.

"Well, at least she apologized," Grover shrugged. Ayden had a habit of snapping at people when things got tense. She didn't mean to and she felt horrible after doing it. She's gotten into the habit of apologizing almost immediately after. She didn't want to lash out at people, but she couldn't stop herself. She could only do damage control after. "Somewhere up ahead this turns into a satyr path."

"What's a satyr path?" Percy asked.

"It's a path through the wilderness that satyrs use, it makes it hard to track us," Grover explained.

"That's great but if we stay in the wilderness how are we going to find a phone?"

"What do we need a phone for?" Annabeth stopped as she turned to glare at Percy.

"So we can call camp, t–to get help," Percy added as he looked over his shoulder. Annabeth pushed Ayden's arm as they started walking forward again.

"We don't need help. We're fine."

"We're fine?" Percy scoffed. "We haven't even gotten to Trenton and we are in a forest. I didn't even know there was a forest in New Jersey, but we've found one. I would say we are the opposite of fine."

"We were sent on a quest by the Oracle, by the gods. What did you think, it was going to be easy, it's supposed to be hard. That's why only certain people are chosen. If we call camp, we are basically saying it was a mistake to choose us," Annabeth looked over her shoulder at him.

"I'm completely comfortable with that," Percy shrugged. Ayden sighed and paused so she could walk beside Percy. "Everyone makes mistakes."

"Percy this isn't the same."

"Why are you so afraid of who you are?" Annabeth asked. She turned around suddenly staring at him.

"What?"

"Do you know what's interesting about this particular satyr path?" Grover attempted to diffuse the tension. "It's actually the one my Uncle Ferdinand took when he set out on his own quest." Ayden gave him a tight smile.

"What was that supposed to mean? I'm afraid of who I am, I'm not afraid?" Percy shook his head.

"Yes, you are," Annabeth rolled her eyes. "You aren't just a kid. Just a 'kid' doesn't do what you did to Clarisse back at camp. Just a 'kid' doesn't have Hades sending top lieutenants to retrieve them. You know you are part of something so much bigger than we can understand right now. We have to move forward whether you like it or not." Ayden looked at the ground in front of her. Annabeth's tone reminded her a lot of her mother when she used to get scolded and told to grow up. Behave better. "Whether you want to or not."

"You don't want to call camp, fine. Then, at least let's call your mom," Percy redirected.

"Can we please not do this," Ayden begged quietly. Her eyes not moving from the ground. Grover gave her a sad look watching as the situation made her demeanor change rapidly. She dug her nails into the skin of her palms.

"Excuse me?"

"Athena. Your mother. I'd call my father, but we aren't exactly on speaking terms. You know because of the lifelong abandonment, but you and your mother seem close. So, why don't we ask her for some help?"

"Grover, will you explain to your friends that he needs to pull himself together?" Annabeth snapped. Ayden raised her head letting out an aggravated breath.

"You can't ask her, can you?" Grover looked at Ayden for help. "When was the last time she talked to you."

"Ayden?" Annabeth warned.

"Don't keep dragging them into this." Percy shook his head. "He's on my side and she's—."

"What makes you think that?" Annabeth interrupted him.

"He's my protector, it's his job."

"He was my protector first!"

"Guys!"

"First?" Percy asked looking at Grover. The satyr looked at the ground shamefully. "What do you mean first?"

"Well, it's exciting getting to walk in Uncle Ferdinand's footsteps." Grover changed the topic. "Next best thing is getting to talk to him again."

"Thalia, Luke, and Annabeth had a satyr protector. That was you," Percy stared at Grover. His body shifted closer to Ayden for a moment. Their arms brushed. "Why didn't you tell me?" Grover sniffed and then looked around.

"Do you guys smell that?"

"Grover, I'm not kidding—."

"No, neither am I. Just shh," He sniffed the air again moving past the group. "Hamburgers." The other three moved after him confused about where he was leading them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 14.4K 50
. ~•~ . We'll never be as young as we are...
69.6K 1.8K 24
In a word of Gods and the Olympians. A girl named L/N Y/N is born. Y/N isn't what she seems to be. If someone don't know her personally, they would...
8.6K 693 64
"The Olympians have been called many things, but forgiving is not one of them." * - * - * [adventure, dark comedy, romance - book 1] Loyalty. What d...
369 2 9
Percy Jackson x OC UPDATES: Every Monday🤹‍♂️ I DONT OWN THE PERCY JACKSON SHOW OR RICK RIORDONS CHARACTERS ONLY MY OWN READ: The book is based off t...