Until Death- Paul Lahote

By swxcl16

Alia Black is Jacob's older sister who's the first to shift into Sam's pack. Time after time the boys start s... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

6

2.1K 53 3
By swxcl16

"I'm still so not over this" Jared mumbles, sitting next to me in my car. Sam had given me the task of never letting Jared out of my sight and watching after him. My anger was starting to calm down but his definitely wasn't. He lashed out on me last week because I ate the last muffin at Emily's and teased him about it. Now I have a cut along my right arm. Turns out, the wolfs in your pack are capable of hurting you and you won't heal.
"Me neither but who cares" I say and grin at him before becoming serious again. "You know the rules"
He sighs. "Not talking to anyone besides the pack. Got it" he says sadly and I frown.
"I'd like to tell you that it gets easier but that would be a lie" I say with a sad smile as we arrive in the parking lot and I pull into a spot. 
"I'm sorry for what I've said," Jared starts and I stop myself from opening the door and turn my head to look at him. "I didn't understand and now get it. It just hurt to see you like that and have the feeling that you didn't think you could tell us. I now understand though that you couldn't and I'm very sorry what I've said to you and about you"
I raise my brows at him. "You were talking about me behind my back?"
He shrugs with a playful grin. "Of course not"

I chuckle as we get out of the car and almost everyone turns to look at us. The stare at Jared, I can't judge them though. He had grown crazy about the last two weeks and now had double the muscles he had before his first shift. He also had cut his hair, which suited him like crazy. 

"That's what happened to Jared" Quil mutters and I feel all of their attention on us. Jared goes to look at them but I put a hand on his shoulder and he looks at me sadly.
"Don't. It's easier that way" I say before rushing him inside before anyone can come near us.

My classes go by pretty fast and as soon as the bell for lunch rings I bolt out of the classroom to find Jared. I find him in a hallway, crowded by our friends as he desperately searches a way out of this.
"What happened to you?" Paul asks but Jared keeps his eyes shut.
"Are you on steroids now?" Embry asks and I hear Jared's heart beating faster, meaning it's my turn to intervene. Confidently I round the corner and strut towards them.
"This is your fault, no, it's Sam's. He got both of you" Jacob says angrily and I roll my eyes.
"What's that even supposed to mean?" I ask and pull Jared a bit behind me with one hand as I look at him carefully. He had it under control for now.
"Are you sort of a cult now?" Quil asks and I snort.
"Wow, that's low. Even for you Quil" I say sarcastically before pushing Jared away but they stop me.
"Kim won't be very happy about this" Olivia then says, emerging behind a corner with Paul. I glare at her for how close she is with Paul and she instantly steps a bit away, a wave of fear washing over her but she covers it quickly.
"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to avoid Paul's gaze that's making me incredibly nervous.
"Sleeping with Jared and then convincing him to join whatever friendship you and Sam have is low. You know how Kim feels about him" she spits angrily. 

I look back at Jared and we both burst out laughing while they all look at us angry and confused.
"You really think I'd fuck with Alia?" Jared asks between laughs.
"That's the best thing I've heard this week" I say before finally looking at them again. "Me and Jared haven't done anything and what we're doing here is definitely not by choice"
"I would never have something with Alia. She's just a friend" Jared says.
"I like someone else anyway" I say and glance at Paul for a few seconds, a grin starting to form on my face as me looks at me shocked but I stop and get serious again.
"We can't be friends with you anymore" Jared says and their mouths pop open.
"What?" Paul croacks out and I feel a stinging pain in my chest to see him like that. Jared and him have been bestfriends for like forever. 
"Let me guess. Sam said you couldn't" Jacob says and rolls his eyes.
"You don't have to understand" I say and they roll their eyes.
"Yeah 'and I hope you never do'" Olivia says, mocking my voice.
I sigh. "Yeah because that would mean you end up like me and Jared" I say before finally pulling Jared away.

We don't look back at our former friends as we walk towards lunch.
"It's better this way" I say sadly.
"Is it really?" he asks and I sigh.

I have no clue.

...

We're currently running patrol but Jared keeps making mistakes. I have been over the edge the whole day anyway because everyone at school had assumed that Jared and I were messing with eachother. It's been more than three weeks now since his first shift and he still had the routes wrong.
"Jared" I say warningly but his wolf just scoffs.
"Jared you have to remember the routes" Sam says and Jared agrees. He has been off the edge anyway the whole day. Apperently they had approached him again in the hallways and I wasn't around to save him. Meaning he has been in a foul mood the whole day.

Suddenly, I pick up on a trail again. 
"I got him" I say as the others start nearing themselves to us. The leech we had been searching for forever now has been back again the past few days, always slipping us again, meaning I've been on the edge too the past few days and let me tell you, Jared and I aren't a good combination if we're both annoyed.
I spot the leech in a clearing and growl as he smirks at me.
"Don't make a move" Sam says and I do as he says. I stay in place as the blood-sucker starts mocking me. 

I watch as Jared and Sam emerge from one of the edges before the leech starts running. Safe to say, he definitely had his fun with running from us and taunting us.
I start closing in on him since I'm pretty fast with Jared in the front.
"To your right" I say but Jared doesn't listen. Instead he shoves me out of the way and jumps for the leech. I get thrown against a treebranch and whine loudly  as my face collides with the branch first before my whole body crashes in. I groan in pain and watch as Jared gets thrown somewhere else too. If it hadn't been for the voices I've been hearing I would've come for Jared here and there. The leech smirks at us before he runs off towards the voices.
"Alia" Sam says but I'm already gone. I was way too familiar with the voices not very far away from them. I could smell and hear them, sitting at the beach together and discussing this whole Jared and me thing. 

Just before he reaches the beach I jump onto him and rip him to shredds. Without a tiny sense of guilt I rip him apart until he's not recognizable anymore. When Jared and Sam arrive, Sam gives me a nod of approval.
"Jared" I say angrily before walking behind a bush to change. I walk out to see Sam and Jared already standing there with their shorts and no shirts on. Their eyes widen at my appearance and when I look down at myself I notice why. I'm covered in bruises and when I touch my hurting face I notice that I've got a black eye, which makes me even more mad.

"You" I say angrily before I start to push him.
"Oh come on. I almost had him. Stop sulking, Alia" he says with a taunting grin which causes me to almost loose it.
"What the fuck, Jared. Didn't you hear them. They're not even a hundred feet away and you fuck all of this up by wanting to feed your ego? I don't even care about that I could've gotten hurt. I couldn't give a fuck if I die out here but what about him," I say now angrily shouting at the boy with wide-eyes infront of me as I push him nearer and nearer towards the beach. I watch as he stumbles onto the sand with me hot on his track. I don't even notice all of them looking at us but Jared does and his eyes go even wider. "I should fucking kill you, Cameron for not thinking about this first. I will fucking come for you if you bring him into danger like this again"

With one final push Jared lands in the sand harshly before he clutches to his shoulder. Sam doesn't interfer though. He looks at me questioningly and I nod. It was the truth, I wasn't going to lash out. I had learned to keep it under control better the past few weeks and I've been keeping up pretty great too.

"What's going on?" I hear Jacob ask but I just glare at Jared some more.
"Are you okay?" they ask Jared and want to help him up but he quickly pulls away and looks at me angrily.
"Alia" I hear his soft voice making me a slave to the imprint as I crave to look at him. Without even thinking I turn around and meet his eyes. They're sad and soft before they fill with anger and he turns towards Jared before shoving him harshly.
"What the fuck, man? What'd you do to her?" he asks angrily and Jared looks at me with a guilty look.
I sigh. "Paul, stop" I say and the boy looks at me angrily and confused.
"Was he the one who did this?" Paul asks and I look to the ground.
"It wasn't his fault" I say before taking a deep breath and walking over to them. "He did nothing"

I put an arm on Paul's shoulder and he looses his look at Jared to look at me with soft eyes. Worry washes over him again
"Are you okay?" he asks before slowly brining a hand to my left eye. I wince a bit as he brushes over the left side of my face before he quickly pulls his hand back.
"No, please don't" I breathe out quietly and he carefully brings his other hand to the other side of my face. I sigh content before I slowly lean into his touch. His hands are a lot less warmer than mine but I couldn't care. His touch sends tingles through my face and through my body and I feel myself relax.
"You were definitely wrong about Jared and her" I hear Quil mutter. "She definitely has a weakness for Paul" 
I open my eyes and look at Quil with a sad smile. "You have no idea" I say quietly but everyone has heard as they look at us shocked.
"What- what's that supposed to mean?" Paul asks me quietly and I chuckle.
"That you're my weakness, Paul Lahote" I say with a grin before walking back towards Sam and Jared.

Without looking back we walk back into the woods and change back into wolf form.
"I'm so sorry, Alia. I didn't mean it. Really" he says but I scoff.
"Save it" I say angrily and Jared's wolf winces in defeat.

I don't even hang around for dinner at Emily's afterwards. I go straight home and start cooking for myself. The evening's quiet, with Jake away at the beach and my father watching a football game with Charlie. I sigh and a tear slips my eyes before sudden anger overwashes me as I think of the possibility how Jared could've gotten them hurt or kill them again.
Without thinking twice I throw the plate against the wall and watch as it shatters into pieces. I clutch onto the counter so hard that my knuckels turn white as snow and close my eyes tightly before starting to count. Something I've learned over the years that helps calm me down. 

Paul could've gotten hurt today and it would've been Jared's fault. He was wrong for what he did and he knows it. 

I would never forgive me if something had happened to Paul tonight. I could never, ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 83.2K 200
⋄◊⋄◊⋄◊⋄◊⋄ Textposts from Tumblr because Soukoku is OTPPPPPP ⋄◊⋄◊⋄◊⋄◊⋄ Some of these are 100% original, but I consider memes to be public domain, so f...
95.5K 5.3K 37
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
68.4K 1.7K 30
(𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕋𝕎𝕀𝕃𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋 𝕊𝔸𝔾𝔸) 𝘐𝘧 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸...
134K 3K 33
MOONDUST | ❝ Shall we bond over our deadbeat fathers.❞ • in which Miracle Camille McCall, the girl who grew in the middle of lies, disc...