Favorite Lesson (Slam Dunk Fa...

By Yel_lue04

"I think, wherever you go, people will throw rocks on things that shine. I just want to blend in this time ar... More

二Lesson 1: Happenstance
三Lesson 2: Line Without A Hook
四Lesson 3: We're Humans, We Make Mistakes
五Lesson 4: Attention and Affection
六Lesson 5: When it Rains, It pours
七Lesson 6: Rewards and Consequences
八Lesson 7: Subtleness
九Lesson 8: Not Just Enough Yet
十Lesson 9: Back on our Feet
十一Lesson 10: Perfection
十二Lesson 11: Honest to the Self
十三 Lesson 12: A Little Bit of Everything
一四 Lesson 13: Not The Lucky One
十五 Lesson 14: A Line That Can't be Crossed
十五Lesson 15:Everything I Ever Wanted
十六 Lesson 16: Courage to Stay True
十七 Lesson 17: Back to the Center Stage
十八 Lesson 18: On Our Way
十九 Lesson 19: Of Our Endings
二十終わる Final Lesson
Prologue: Within Those Two Years

一:春(Spring, New Beginning )

219 1 0
By Yel_lue04

It happens that when we start another stage of our lives, the season goes with it. With the opening of her palm, a couple of petals from the cherry blossom fell. The smooth sensation made her smile and look in front of her. Just a few months ago, the cold weather was sipping deep into her bones and she rarely saw plants thriving. Everyone has their seasons as the plants remind her of summer's playful adventure, fall's reflective morning and noon, winter's dozy and sleepy nights, and spring's new beginning. 

Thoughts were disturbed by the sound of the camera's shutter. 

"It's disrespectful to take someone's photo without permission". 

"I can't help it. My hand just moved on its own". 

A dark brown haired female student bowed and apologized for her friend's action. "My friend is from the Journalism Club back in middle school so she carries her camera around. I will make sure she deletes the photo she took a while ago", Shimamura Yoko assured. "Yoko, look! Her photo gained two thousand likes with just ten seconds. You might be Takezono's next muse", she showed her smartphone. Yoko scolded her friend and made her delete the post. She kept bowing and apologizing to the lady who kept saying that she wasn't offended. 

"Good morning, Yoko", a male student, freshmen as like the three of them, waved his hand and gave a wide smile for his girlfriend. "Oda-kun", Yoko emitted such radiant aura as she saw the lad walking towards them. "Oh, are you Yoko's friend? My name is Tatsumasa Oda. Nice to meet you", he introduced himself. "Well~", Yoko wasn't sure how to introduce the lady so she just gave a worried look. "I met them along the way and I wouldn't mind being their friend. My name is Mizutani Amane", she answered. The four of them continued walking to their school. 

"Yoko! Look, there are so many new faces", Nishihara Sachi felt excited. "Of course, we're at a new school", Yoko chuckled. "Do you think they'll give to  the Journalism Club lots and lots of news?", Sachi gasped to see male students staring at Amane and Oda having a casual conversation. "Now, I have to write a controversial incident between the next basketball star of Takezono!", the ever ready journalist took a photo of them. "You don't have to make everything such a big deal", Yoko sighed and slapped the back of her head. 

Takezono High

Class 1-1

"You're also part of the preparatory class. Let's have a great year together", Yoko turned to have a conversation with Amane behind her. Compared to the female students, she's the tallest of them. The lady nodded and gave a friendly smile. 

"I know its the first day of class but you are to choose what club you want to join. It's optional, though. Even as part of the preparatory class, you should still be honing your individual skills". 

"Hmmmm~ How about the drama club? I heard there's a handsome third-year upperclassman".

"I already have my eye on the arts club. A cute freshman like us with large ribbon invited us this morning". 

"How careless. I will just be in the book's club. I need to be this year's rank one". 

"Do they have bugs club or maybe spider collectors club?"

"Are you sick in the head? Who would actually have that hobby?!"

"Have you already picked one?", Yoko noticed Amane looking outside the window. "I still doesn't have anything in mind. How about you?", she threw back the question. "Well, Oda usually have practices until around 6pm and I don't mind just watching him if I have time", the lady gave an embarrassed smile. "How supportive of you. I'll tell you if I already thought of one", Amane shifted her focus on the board seeing that the teacher is ready to discuss. 

-Class Ended-

Yoko watches Amane's organized stationary and uniformed notebooks. She already grasp some part of her personality. "Are you going somewhere? Sachi and I will peek at the gymnasium", the lady tried to invite. "Thank you, Shimamura. I need to go somewhere. I'll join you next time", Amane waved her hands and gave a small smile hoping her rejection did not offend Yoko. "I understand. See you tomorrow. Also, maybe you can call me Yoko", the sweet-looking girl looked at the floor. "Then, it's Amane as well", the lady bid her farewell and left the room. 

Clinic

Amane open the door and smelled lemon fragrance. She gave a smile then went directly in the doctor's office. "The doctor is ou-", the nurse just went out from the toilet and wasn't able to mention about the doctor heading out for a quick visit to the pharmacy. 

The place still looks the same. There was consistency with how the cabinets were arranged and the bed with the curtains down. Amane knows how much her brother needs to take advantage of slow days in the clinic. "I'm back from school. I didn't know someone would also think of bug's club. If my classmates didn't reacted, I could have joined hands with that classmate of mine. Also, this morning. Someone took a photo of me and posted it on Line but was taken down immediately. I would have love to know how I looked like. Me with cherry blossom seems to be a perfect match. Then, one pretty classmate approached me. She's so sweet and lovely. I was worried that her friend would make big deal about the boyfriend asking me if I play sport", the lady kept blabbering. She pouted since there was no response from her brother. 

Amane dove on the bed and tickled the person lying. They have the same height so the lady didn't hesitate to proceed in shoving her hands inside the person's shirt. Her next step was stopped by the person who was slightly bewildered with the person's action. 

"Amane, Erina-san told me that you just entered the room. Didn't I tell you to ask her first if there are patient?", Mizutani Ryou opened the door and saw the two in the bed, both with confused expression. The lady turned as red as a tomato and ran outside as fast as possible. 

"Rukawa-kun, how are you feeling?", the doctor also felt second-hand embarrassment with her sister's action. "Fine, I guess", he answered. "My apologies with my sister. She thought it was me", Ryou sighed and remembered Amane's hands shoved inside Rukawa's shirt. "What did that sister of mine do to you? Please don't sue her for sexual harassment", Ryou bowed very low. "I don't know. All I remember was seeing her face too close to mine", the lad yawned and climbed down the bed. 

Mizutani's Residence

Ryou opened the door and saw his slippers are already prepared. His slippers was replaced by rabbit-shaped one. 

"Down came the rain and wash the spider out

Out came the sun and dried up all the rain

And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again". 

The man smiled hearing her sister's carefree but still rich voice. "I'm home", he greeted and went to the kitchen where he can see so much mess. "I'm trying to make some baked cookies. I'll clean them later", Amane knew what her brother might comment. "About the patient", Ryou chuckled at the sight of Amane frozen like a rock. "I ran as fast as I can. It's impossible for a half-asleep person to recognize me!", the lady shook her head hoping not to meet that person again. "The thing is, he said he remembered your face since it was too close when he woke up", the man informed. Amane sat on the floor, speechless. 

"I came here to start a new life and my cover had been blown that fast? I am supposed to have a mature image", she felt like disappearing in thin air. Her brother flicked her forehead and helped in kneading the dough. "He's from Shohoku High. There's lesser chance for you to meet each other", Ryou assured. Amane clung to her brother's leg. "You said so. I will trust your words. Do not mention my name to him if it happens that he'll be your patient again", the lady begged. 

Ryou nodded and hummed the nursery song his sister was singing a while ago. He remembered teaching her the song when she was little. 

Flashback- A Year Ago

Cafe

"Mom called so I traveled this morning. Why didn't you join any club?", Ryou asked with concern. "You don't have to be bothered with everything Mom is telling. You know how much she overthinks almost everything", Amane unwraps the gift Ryou bought for her. "Is there anything bothering you? How is school? Are you still playi-", the worried brother's bombarding of question was interrupted when the order came.  "Oooohh~ I didn't know this parfait would be this big", Amane clapped. "Should I cancel the other order?", the waiter asked. "No need. I can have this all for my own", she answered gaining a bewildered look from the waiter. Ryou sighed and wondered why he was so much worried of his headstrong sister. 

Shore

"I heard your friend is studying at Ryonan. Are you also going there?", Ryou asked watching Amane picking shells. "I think I want to start a new. Mom also said she's moving back to Kanagawa", the lady answered. "What do you mean start a new?", Ryou sat on a rock. He felt a splash on his face followed by the shells Amane threw at him. "I think, wherever you go, people will throw rocks on things that shines. I just want to blend in this time around", Amane answered and started collecting more shells to throw at her brother. "I didn't bring any clothes", the man whined. "Then, why don't you spend one night at the house? It's my birthday after all. Thanks for the fishing hooks", Amane gave such a wide smile that Ryou always love to see. 

Chapter end. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.1K 58
Akari Ukai promised herself she was to never play volleyball again. Yet when her older brother Keishin Ukai injures himself, she must take the respon...
6.8K 261 40
"ꜱᴏ...ʜᴏᴡ ɪꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴋɪꜱᴇ ʀʏᴏᴜᴛᴀ?" ꜱʜᴇ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇᴅ ꜰᴏɴᴅʟʏ, ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴅɪᴇɴᴄᴇ "ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ꜱᴛᴀʏᴇᴅ" ׂׂૢ་༘࿐______...
515 21 23
After moving with her father in Japan, Hanajima Akari wants to start again and be happier, which feels like a very rare emotion, but when she enters...
157K 4.8K 47
Suzume grew up playing volleyball with her brother. She was right-handed, but after being so inspired by her brother, she was determined to make her...