六Lesson 5: When it Rains, It pours

Faculty Room

"You can approach me if you have decided", the teacher gave a small pat on the lady's shoulder. Amane went out and saw Yoko and Sachi waiting with a wide smile. 

Cafeteria

"Did they call you because they're offering you the role of being the face of Takezono High?", Sachi clapped. "You didn't make any lunch today, Yoko?", Amane looked at the cafeteria food. "It's raining this morning and I overslept", she scratched her nape. "I also overslept and forgot to read the news", Sachi raised her hand. "Do you like the rain?", Amane asked. "It's not like I hate it but the sound is just soothing", Yoko answered. "There's so many good photos when it rains as well", Sachi nodded in agreement. The lady gave a sigh of relief. She loves the rain so much. It was probably the reason why she was named as "the sound of rain". 

"Speaking of rain, I took a photo in my brother's clinic with the raindrop on the window", Amane said with excitement and opened her gallery. "Woah! It's cool. How about the others?!", Sachi swiped and she squealed at the sight of Rukawa in her friend's screen. "How come you have his photo? Plus, you're both in it?", the blonde gasped and stood. "It was just an accident. I was showing him something and I clicked the camera button", Amane was hoping they would believe her. "You're fortunate to have a photo with him. I went at the same middle high school as him. He's so cool", Sachi chuckled and just sat on the chair. "You both look good together", Yoko commented. "It's not like that. We just keep bumping in random places", the black haired lady leaned on the table. "You sounded disappointed. Do you want to meet intentionally?", Yoko gave a teasing look. "I said, it's not like that", Amane waved her hands but her flushed face was obvious. "Amane, you're so cute", Sachi hugged her arm. 

After Class

Mall's Department Store

Amane thought of buying new clothes since Yoko and Sachi wanted to invite her to play at the amusement park. She tried to imagine what to wear but all her dress were too small for her already. She's excited as if it was a date with a guy. The lady was pre-occupied that she wasn't able to see her former middle high classmates. 

"Ah, Mizutani. It's been a while since we saw you". 

"We're here because of a practice game". 

"You're still growing. Are you still drinking a lot of milk. You're lactose intolerant, remember?"

"Mizutani, you're still as pretty as ever". 

"Why didn't you go to Ryonan? I swear those upperclassmen will grit their teeth if they see you with Sendo". 

"Are you still playing basketball? Or did you shift to volleyball. During your last year, you were rocking archery". 

"You're all talking at once. I'm taking her with me", a short haired lady grabbed Amane's arm and they ended at the balcony. Finally the lady can breathed normally. She's been having shallow breathes inside the mall as she saw her former classmates. 

"Not all of them knew what happened. Also, not all of them bad-mouthed about you. In a world filled with garbages, there are still good ones left", Daichi Yuzuki, Amane's closest friend back in Kamakura leaned on the balcony rails. "Uhm, Thanks for reminding me, Yuzuki", the lady leaned on her friend's shoulder. 

Flashback

Gymnasium Storage Room

Yuzuki and Sendo opened the door and saw Amane curled on the floor. Her face was filled with scratches and her clothes were filled with dust and dirt. "Amane, we're here", Sendo tried to hold her but she pulled herself back. "Please, leave me alone", she covered her face. Yuzuki can hear fear and pain in her voice. She clenched her fist and punched the wall. "Those bastards will pay for this", Yuzuki said with an angered voice. Amane held on her leg. "It was my fault. I will no longer do my best. I will just stay as low as possible", the lady sounded so scared. "What are you saying, Amane. It's not your fault that you're better than the rest of us", Yuzuku knelt and hugged the lady's head".