CASA VALLE #1: Trapped by the...

By nevertofadingstars

Silas Valle, the youngest mayor in the country, ends the long-standing rule of the powerful Simson Clan in th... More

Author's Note
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 41
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 44
Kabanata 45
Kabanata 46
Kabanata 47
Kabanata 48
Kabanata 49
Kabanata 50
Epilogue

Kabanata 43

709 21 2
By nevertofadingstars

Kabanata 43

Silas

"Defense," tawag ni Judge Madrigal kay Nic. "You may now cross-examine the witness."

Nic didn't stood up. Tumingin lang siya kay Governor Simson tapos kay Judge.

"I don't have any questions for him, Judge."

Judge Madrigal raised her brow. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, Judge. I believe the prosecution already asked what the court needs to hear. It is up to you if you would believe it."

I turned to Nic. I didn't expect him to say that and he didn't even blink. I was the one to blink in shock. Tinapik ko siya baka sakaling matauhan na nasa loob siya ng korte.

"Are you sure?" Governor Simson smirked. “This is your chance to ask me about the truth.”

Nic sarcastically laughed. “Believe me, Governor Simson. If I want to know the truth, you are not the person I am going to ask.”

Governor Simson stood up and pointed at Nic. “Are you telling me that I am lying? That I am not a credible witness?”

“Your words, Governor, not mine,” Nic shrugged, ignoring Governor Simson’s tantrums as he grabbed a bar of his chocolate.

“How dare you! Did you hear what he said, Judge Madrigal?”

“Sumbungero,” bulong ni Nic sabay buga ng hangin.

“Nic.” Siniko ko siya. “Can you just ask?”

“Ayoko. He’s boring.”

“Attorney Valle, in front now.” Judge Madrigal called him while Governor Simson is still talking nonsense.

Nic just stood up listening to Judge Madrigal but I could feel that he wasn’t listening. Nic is really stubborn at times—same with Soleiana. Kaya nga hindi na ako magtataka kung matigas din ang ulo ng anak namin. Nagmana sa Mommy at sa Tito niya na pinaglilihian ni Soleiana.

I glanced at her. She’s sitting on the third row with Zia and Gia while Clev, Azi, Uno, and Henrich are at the back. I already told her not to come because she’s already near her due date. There’s only two months left.

Although, her baby bump is not that obvious. Hindi rin naman siya ganun tumaba kaya hindi rin halata na may laman na ang tiyan niya tapos maluwag na damit din ang suot niya ngayon. We do not want people to know about our pregnancy, especially Governor Simson, so as much as possible I do not want her to go out unless it is really necessary.

Aside from that, the news about my case is currently the talk of the town, and because of that, the people started discussing the scandal again. I do not want her to hear what people are saying about me because she might blame herself.

“I love you,” I mouthed when our eyes met.

She smiled and mouthed the same words. Oh, I missed her so much that if only I could make love to her right here and then.

I pretended I couldn’t understand her when she started talking about the cut near my eyebrow. Umiling lang ako tapos tumingin na ulit kay Judge dahil sakto naman na pabalik na si Nic.

“What did she say?”

“She got mad,” Nic whispered. “And told me she didn’t give me the highest grade in her entire teaching life just for me to act like this.” Salubong na ang kilay niya. “As if. Paano naman ako gaganahang kausapin ang sinungaling?”

“Chill.” Tinapik ko siya. “Asha is watching,” asar ko na lang. I know for a fact that he likes Asha and it wasn’t just a guess because he confessed his regrets to me upon seeing Asha with her boyfriend.

“Not funny, Silas. Want me to send you to jail?”

I laughed a little. “Fine. Chill. I’ll give you the cacao land for free after I get out so you can start your chocolate factory.”

He clicked his tongue. “Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi?” Inirapan niya pa ako bago pumunta sa harapan ni Governor Simson.

Nic stared at him for a second as he sighed. Pinapamukha niya talaga na wala siyang pakialam dito kay Governor Simson. Honestly, we didn’t expect him to be on the witness stand at first but since he was the one who found Anthony’s missing body then the prosecution summoned him.

It was only three days ago when they found Anthony’s body. If that is his body since we couldn’t identify the face. Basag ang bungo tapos halos luwa na rin ang utak nito. Although, his build is the same with Anthony and DNA test said that it was indeed Anthony.

Still, there’s doubt especially that they can fake it. We are requesting to do the DNA test again but they haven’t decided yet if they will allow us to do it on our own. Iniipit ni Governor Simson ang lahat ng sangkot dito sa krimen para lang masabi na inosente siya.

He’s really a devil. He told the court that it was me who killed Anthony and they even have my fingerprints in the crime scene. Kaya rin galit na galit ang Lolo ko dahil nagkaroon ng search warrant sa hacienda. They believe that I was hiding the murder weapon in our field. I think they’re stupid. If I indeed kill Anthony, why would I hide it in our field?

“Governor Simson,” Nic finally spoke. He didn’t have any prepared questions for him so I think he’ll just play around. “Can you tell me what happened the night you found Anthony’s body in the hospital?”

“Were you not listening? I already told a while ago,” pambabara ni Governor Simson.

“With all due respect, didn’t you tell me to ask you? Why are you complaining?” Masungit na sabi ni Nic. “See, Your Honor, I asked.”

“Don't ask an obvious one.”

“So what do you want me to ask you?” Nic raised his brow.

“Order in the court!” ani Judge Madrigal. Nakabusangot ito nang tumayo kaya tumayo rin kaming lahat. “15 minutes break and I want everything in order when we resume again, otherwise, this trial will be postpone until I assure that everyone will behave in my court.” Lumabas na siya kaya naiwan naman kami noon.

Hinila ko na si Nic palayo kay Governor Simson bago pa sila magsapakan. It looks like Nic is ready to punch him any moment.

“Here.” Inabot sa kanya ni Asha iyong malamig na tubig. “You should calm down. I think he likes seeing you piss.”

Nic just sighed, thanking Asha, as we went inside the conference room to wait for the trial. When I looked around, I realized that Soleiana was not in her place.

“Where’s Soleiana?” tanong ko kay Uno. Bigla akong kinabahan. “Is she with Gia and Zia?”

“Yes, they’re in the comfort room, Mayor,” sabi ni Henrich.

“Are you sure?” Kabado pa rin ako. “Can you check it?” Utos ko dahil hindi naman ako pwedeng mawala. The guards are surrounding me.

I turned to Nic. “Can you call Soleiana? I didn’t even notice that she was gone.”

“She left with the twins,” Mom replied. “I am sure Gia and Zia will take care of her. Kasama rin yata nila si Clev.”

“Yeah, your mother is right,” Dad said, tapping my back. “How about we just eat while waiting? Macy helped us prepare your food and also we need to talk about the trial. Tiel finally got access to the CCTV footage…”

“Ah, right,” singit ni Tiel na nandoon din. But I wasn’t really paying attention because I am worried about Soleiana. What if she decides to confront Governor Simson?

What if something already happened to her? It’s been ten minutes since she was gone. Gia and Zia are not yet here. Even Uno and Henrich whom I asked to check on her. Where is Clev, too?

“Kuya, are you listening?” Tiel said. “I already got access to the hotel’s file and also the CCTV footage but Ate Macy was caught in the camera. Should we submit this for evidence because…”

I stood up, ignoring him. “Can you guys check where Soleiana is?”

“Is she not here yet?” Tumayo si Asha kasama ang boyfriend niya na si Skater. “We’ll look for her. Maybe she’s with the girls.”

“Silas, just sit down,” Dad ordered but I couldn’t.

“Dad, I need to go and find her. Can you tell—-oh, god! Soleiana!” I immediately ran towards her when I saw her face bleeding. “What did you do?”

“We have no time.” She ignored me as she went straight to my mother. “I’ve been wanting to ask this, Ma’am Anastacia.”

“What is it?” Mom stood up and checked up on her. “Macy, what are you doing with yourself and where have you been—-”

“Are you aware that your father’s research lab is a drug den?”

Mom was taken aback. “W…what?”

“Soleiana,” I called her. I already knew about it because of Nic but I haven’t told Mom about it yet because I don’t know if she would be able to handle it, especially that our next target would be her own father. I also don’t know how my father would react or the whole Valle clan.

“Are you kidding me?”

“I am not.” Soleiana shook her head. She looked around and made sure that we’re the only ones there.

“I have evidence to prove that and you can see it for yourself once you get in there but I am sorry to say that it will be messy.”

“What do you mean?”

Soleiana was in a hurry as she started explaining, “Anthony is not dead and is being held captive in one of your research lab by Governor Simson.”

Huminga siya nang malalim. I held her steady as she tried her best to calm. Mahina lang ang boses niya habang nagsasalita at sinisiguro niya na walang ibang makaririnig. I also notice Uno and Henrich outside the room checking for bystanders.

“How did you know that?” I asked.

“Someone told me.”

“Is that the same someone who hurt you?” I said, wiping the blood in her face using my shirt. Gia and Zia arrived and I saw relief in their eyes. Mukhang tinakasan sila ni Soleiana.

“We don’t have time. Can we go there and check?”

“We can’t,” my mother replied. “I don’t have access to the research facilities. Only my father has.”

“Why do you think you don’t have access when you basically own the hospital now?”

My mom shook her head. “Yes, I do own it but as a doctor and not as a business woman. I managed the medical teams but other than that…” My mother almost fell and Dad was fast to catch her. “Oh, god…are you really telling me that…”

We were interrupted by the guards calling us for the trial.

“Can we stall them? Can we postpone the trial?” Soleiana asked.

“We can if we have reasons to,” Nic replied. “Are you sure Anthony is there? If this is just a hearsay then it would be a waste of time, Macy.” Nic warned her. “We cannot just ask the police…”

“We’re not going to ask the police. I don’t trust them,” Soleiana replied and looked at me. “This needs to be kept secret so you need your trusted men to do it. If they cannot, then I will be the one to do it.”

“Are you insane? You cannot do it.” Umiling ako. “You should be at home right now and look at you.” Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya tapos pinaharap siya para tingnan ang sugat niya.

“No, Anthony is going to die if we don’t save him right now.” Soleiana started pleading. “Please, I cannot let Anthony die.”

“Sssh.” I hugged her. “Breathe, love.”

“Okay, we’ll help,” Dad said. “But you have to tell us where did you get that information? We have to know if it’s reliable before we do something.”

“It’s from Miko,” she replied.

“Miko?” Nic raised his brow. “Miko told you about it?”

“Not really.” Soleiana’s gaze darkened. “I held him captive in exchange for Anthony.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 8.5K 48
Due to Maeve Zahara Villacorta's parents planning everything out, even the people included in her precious 18's, she have decided to look for someone...
11.2K 618 41
COMPLETED|| 2 The beautiful and elegant Xynea Fuerro didn't mind about love, because money, beauty and popularity and the flashes of camera's are bet...
372M 8.9M 100
This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as sexual, self-harm, physical violence...