ใ€๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ฝ“ใ€€๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…ใ€€๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ‹ใ€‘| Crosshair x...

By defiantminstrel103

๐šŒ๐š˜๐š๐šŽ๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐š–๐š˜๐š— ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disl... More

Intro
ใ€๏ปฟ๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ฝ“ใ€€๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…ใ€€๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ‹ใ€‘
ใ€๏ปฟ๏ผฒ๏ฝ™๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝŽใ€‘
ใ€๏ปฟ๏ผฃ๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝ“๏ฝˆ๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ’ใ€‘
01 | Temple Matters
02 | Into Kamino
03 | Guessing Games
04 | Hitting Walls
05 | Scheming
06 | Stunned
07 | Mindset
08 | Mindgames
09 | Carry the Weight
10 | The Medic
11 | Kitchen Plans
12 | The Collaboration of the Century
13 | The Master's Return
14 | Project Conduit
15 | Confrontation
16 | Planning and Schemes
17 | Surprises
18 | The Gift
19 | Omega
20 | Old Tally
21 | Hawk, Nova, Phoenix
22 | Premonition
23 | Doctor's Orders
24 | Teachers and Students
25 | Fight or Flight
26 | Flying Lessons
27 | Reannor City
28 | Gerasko
29 | Flighted Minds
30 | The Mission
31 | To Mandalore
32 | The Capital
33 | Technical Difficulties
34 | Wynn Avunn
35 | The Shot
36 | For What It's Worth
37 | Pros and Cons of Being Arrested
38 | Decisions
39 | The Fight
40 | Goodbyes
41 | Greetings
42 | The 501st
43 | Duty Calls
45 | Distractions
46 | Mentors
47 | Lessons of Forms
48 | Inquiries
49 | Echoes of the Past
50 | Sil's Plan
51 | Unfinished Business
52 | Freeing
53 | Answers, But Not Really
54 | No Need To Ask
55 | Recollections of Old
56 | Answers, But Definitely More Confusing
57 | Worst-Case Scenario
58 | Encouragement
59 | The Reality of Losses
Author's Note
60 | Looking for Masters
61 | Only For You
62 | Rylann's First 79s Experience
63 | Get A Kriffing Coaster
64 | Oh, How The Tides Had Turned
65 | Then Do Something About It
66 | Trials
8 months later...
67 | Undercover Investigating
68 | How To Almost Die Three Times, A Crash Course With Rylann
69 | The Ultimate Payback
70 | Talks of Proposals
71 | Flying, Smelly Boots
72 | Tears or Rain. Maybe Both.

44 | New Students

434 16 106
By defiantminstrel103

22 BBY, Month 9

Rylann

"What is this area used for?" a voice asked, behind Rylann, her eyes almost crossing involuntarily.

Sighing, she turned around to face the man, forcing on a smile. "No clue," she said for what felt like the twelfth time. "I'm about as new to this ship as you are."

"Then why are you here?" he asked, picking earwax from his ear.

Rylann clenched her teeth. "I am training to be the head of Special Forces for the GAR."

"Why are they using jedi instead of actual trained soldiers?" the guy asked, his sandy blond hair flopping around as he looked around the large room.

"Listen, pal," she said, spinning around to place a finger on his chest. A victorious look flashed across his eyes. Kriff, I played into his hands. She turned around again, trying to remind herself of what Shaak Ti had asked her to do. Lay low. Lay low. Lay low. She was doing an awful job of it. "I'm just doing what I'm told."

"That's all jedi are good for, anyway," he muttered behind her back.

Rylann was about to turn around then and there and lay her fist to his face.

"Reff, are you trying to get your butt whooped?" a girl's voice asked behind them. "You'd get schooled if you angered her enough. She's been working hard towards her skills since she was able to walk."

Rylann stopped walking, turning to glance at the owner of the voice. It was a tall, willowy young woman, with her dark hair swept up into a tight bun, though her shaggy bangs remained untucked beneath her military cap. She had a long nose that fit splendidly on her sharp, oval face. The woman's nose reminded Rylann of Crosshairs, and her skin tone was similar to Rylann's—a bronze-like shade. Rylann duly wondered if that is what her kids would look like if she and Crosshair would ever get married.

"Well?" the girl asked again, a frown growing on her lips.

The man-boy called Reff sneered. "I don't need to answer you, hypocrite."

Hurt flashed across the girl's face. "You know full well I earned my position here."

"Your mom's position earned it," Reff stated.

A taller young man made his way past the girl, his face glowering beneath his goatee. "You talk to my sister with some respect, Reff."

"Or, what, Pro'oz?" Reff asked with a scoff. "You both gonna crawl back to mummy?"

Rylann furrowed her brows. Pro'oz, she thought. That sounded familiar. She pulled out her tablet, reading through the ten different applications and resumes. Yep, she was right. The tall boy and girl were Senator Pro'oz's children. The ones who would be assigned to Skywalker and Kenobi.

The elder Pro'oz, whose file called him Kallo, was about to lunge for the kid, but Rylann raised her hand to signal for them to halt. "Captain Kallo Pro'oz? Sergeant Joseta Pro'oz?" she asked, noting their names and achievements on the file.

Both of the siblings jumped to attention, saluting her. "Commander!"

Rylann wanted to smile but held it in as she turned to the boy, Reff. "Sergeant Reff Stanzis?"

"Commander!" he said, saluting as well.

"Are you implying that the Pro'oz siblings are only here because of their mother's position as senator?"

He froze for a second before nodding slowly. "Yes, ma'am."

"Let me be as blunt as possible," Rylann said, holding the tablet behind her back. "Your files state that you are the grandson of Emekk Jessta?"

Reff reddened, nodding quickly. "Yes, ma'am," he squeaked out, gulping.

"Emekk Jessta is one of the top funders for the Corellian Militant Academy," Rylann stated with a shrug. "So don't even whine about senator's kids being thrust onto the frontlines when you are there yourself thanks to the funds of your grandfather." Rylann cleared her throat. "Alright, let's get moving."

The other students brushed past them, mumbling amongst themselves. Reff shot a glare at the siblings, trying to brush past Rylann, but she grabbed his arm. "Listen closely," she started, voice lowering. "If you try to slither back to your grand-daddy and whine about some jedi that called you out, just know that I am the padawan of the Jedi who is making all of this happen. So tread carefully, Stanzis."

The boy nodded, gulping a lot before slinking away with the other group. Joseta Pro'oz and her older brother stopped at her side, standing there for a moment.

"Thank you, Commander Tetra," Joseta said, offering a relieved smile. "I can't believe the nerve of that guy sometimes and it was a nice feeling to have someone stand up for us."

Rylann smiled sadly at her. "Not used to people sticking their necks out for each other?" she asked, laughing dryly. "Welcome to the club. It's not bound to happen much in the political world. And thank you."

Joseta furrowed her brows, looking to her brother who in turn just shrugged. "For what?"

"I was seriously about to punch the manchild in the face before you intervened," Rylann chuckled. "I am trying to learn to control my anger and impulses and people like him don't make it easy."

"Life would be a lot easier without difficult people," Kallo agreed, patting his stomach. "Anyway, I want to go eat and take a nap. Any chance those are the next two stops on the tour?"

"We shall see," Rylann said with a laugh. "Not even I know."

【 ⌖ 】

Shaak Ti

Mandalore looked vastly different from when Shaak Ti last went. The city no longer was decimated by war, instead was glowing with prosperity and growth. As much as Shaak Ti hated to admit it, Duchess Satine had done a great job rebuilding after the death of her father.

Shaak Ti made her way up the white stairs to the Duchess's palace, mind drifting to how her padawan had been arrested here. A small laugh escaped her lips at the thought Rylann was certainly an interesting padawan which meant it would be interesting for her to lead her first mission.

Shaak Ti remembered the first mission she led like it was yesterday. It was in the Hette system during tough negotiations for the planet Torlek. It went interesting enough that it kept her there for a few months which also meant many trips over to Kenobi's home planet, Stewjon. She even smuggled him over there once after his Mandalore mission with Qui-Gon.

Shaak Ti's heart deflated. That was so long ago that it felt like a different lifetime. No intergalactic war, no commanding armies, just making peace and growing knowledge. Back when childhood didn't feel like a fantasy and knowing Obi-Wan had been easier. After those missions, things got complicated. There were no choices before then, no doubts, but after Mandalore, there was a change in Obi-Wan. Maybe Shaak Ti was selfish for wanting Kenobi for herself. They'd been friends her whole life and she was his only female influence which led to night-long talks and fun adventures. But then his life became filled with more acquaintances and she was pushed back further. Yes, maybe she was selfish, but so was he for thinking they could go back to how it was without him even making an effort.

"Shaak Ti!" the Duchess's voice rang out across the outer steps of the palace. Duchess Satine quickly went down the steps to greet Shaak Ti. She stopped in front of her, unsure of what to do. She flinched as if about to hug her, her finger moved as if about to shake her hand, and then she just froze. "It's been so long."

"Indeed it has," Shaak Ti stated, looking behind the Duchess to see a young blond girl who looked so familiar. Shaak Ti blinked in surprise. Surely not. But as soon as she thought she saw a resemblance to someone she once knew, it was gone.

Shaking the thought from her mind, Shaak Ti looked at Duchess Satine. "Is this Wynn Avunn?"

Satine smiled, her pearly whites glistening perfectly. "Yes, it is. Wynn, this is an old friend of mine and your future master's."

Shaak Ti bowed to the young girl who was around her height. "I am Shaak Ti," she started, offering a genuine smile. "I believe you met my padawan."

A confused look flickered across the girl's round features.

"A padawan is a student to a master in our Jedi culture," she explained. "My student is Rylann Tetra."

"Oh!" Recognition flashed across the girl's features. "The girl who got arrested. Tech, Hersehl, and I got them out."

Shaak Ti nodded with a chuckle. "Yes, she is actually training to be their General on Coruscant right now. That's where you are going to be with General Kenobi."

A flicker of fear was evident on Wynn's face for a moment before she smiled. "This sounds rather exciting. To travel outside my own planet."

Satine nodded, placing a hand on Wynn's shoulder. "Yes, it will be fun to explore the galaxy and keep peace."

Shaak Ti frowned. Why would Satine even offer for a girl under her care to become a jedi? Didn't Satine avidly hate that the jedi were a part of the war? Something wasn't adding up. Shaak Ti just had to figure out what.

A/N: Trying to get a headstart on this book so that I can get to writing the next ones better. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.1K 31
(May contain mature content in later chapters) Crosshair x Jedi Reader. You were the adoptive daughter of Maul and once the Padawan of Quinlan Vos...
33.9K 672 40
"They call themselves, The Bad Batch" Genesis the first female clone is a defective clone with enhanced abilities, just like her brothers, Hunter, Cr...
7.4K 318 23
After hearing word that her best friend is still alive, the powerful force user Sarah joins the Clone army once more. But as the war's end approaches...
The Shadow By Liz

Fanfiction

5.2K 261 19
"She's one clone, she can't be that much trouble." The recruit said harshly, and Crosshair pinned him with a stern look. "I trained her. Wherever yo...