The WAR Series

By MikaelDuncan4

This epic saga revolves around a legendary family known as the Dawnbreakers and their battles against nefario... More

A Journey Begins: Prologue
A Journey Begins: Act One
A Journey Begins: Act Two
A Journey Begins: Act Three
Throne Of The King: Prologue
Throne Of The King: Act One
Throne Of The King: Act Two
Throne Of The World: Act Three
Freedom Of Veccoran: Prologue
Freedom Of Veccoran: Act One
Freedom Of Veccoran: Act Two
Freedom Of Veccoran: Act Three
Cold Shadow: Act One

Cold Shadow: Prologue

9 0 0
By MikaelDuncan4

PROLOGUE:

You all know the story of Francis Dawnbreaker, the last of his bloodline.

If it wasn't for his choice to face his fated destiny, Veccoran would have been lost to eternal darkness and brutal chaos with Deadrus standing above it all.

Thankfully, with his courage and the aid of those closest to him, an era of peace and recovery was ushered in.

And during these times of peace, the next generation of the Dawnbreakers was born...

~Goldenza (Present Day)~

In the castle halls, a little dark brown bear cub ran while giggling as IA was in pursuit.

IA: *laughs villainously* Come back here you little troublemaker!

The little cub attempted to run down the stairs, but IA caught her. She lifted her daughter up, who was giggling happily from being tickled. Then even more so when IA blew onto her belly.

IA: You're going to take a bath whether you like it or not young lady.

Fatima: *giggles* No... no bath... hate water!

IA: No excuses.

While IA carried her joyful little girl to the bath, Faron, the third child of Francis and IA, was combing his hair alongside his sister Florence, the fourth child.

Faron: Sounds like Fatima's avoiding the bath again.

Florence: She just loves to play. Its what makes her so special.

Nearby, Faya, the fifth child, played with her toys in their six bedded room. Coming out of the bathroom in robes was the second child, Faith.

IA: Is everyone almost ready for bed?

IA walks in while holding Fatima up by her hands as they moved in unison.

Faith: Yes mother, though Felix is unaccounted for as always.

IA: *smiles* You know how he is... wanting to live up to your father's legacy.

Fatima: Big Bubba strong! Big Bubba king!

Florence: How come he gets to be next in line for the throne?

Faron: Because he's the oldest, duh.

Faith: Who cares about some old throne? Its just a lousy chair anyway.

IA: Thrones are more than a "lousy chair". They are a symbol of authority and unity.

Florence: Didn't Deadrus sit on a throne? Cause that guy was far from unifying anything.

IA: Remember what I've told you children... Anyone can sit on a throne, but that individual person alone defines its meaning and purpose.

Faith: Of course you would know mother. You've had a thousand years worth of experience.

Faron: I still don't understand how you could give up immortality. Living forever sounds awesome!

IA helps Fatima step into the bathtub.

IA: It has its perks, but there are limitations even for concepts like eternity. I am content with my choice and would do it over again if I could. Besides, I would've outlived your father and never had either of you.

Fatima: *splashes* Happy to have momma!

IA: I know sweetheart. Mommy is happy to have you too.

Suddenly, Faya jumps onto IA's back.

Faya: Me love you mor- *accidentally falls into the tub next*.

Everyone laughs as Faya resurfaces.

***

Felix: Do you think I'll have a destiny of my own someday?

Francis: *shrugs with a smile* Its in our blood. Might not be as grandiose as mine was.

Felix: I hope mine is. I'd love to slay an enemy as big as Deadrus!

Francis: Hopefully not anytime soon. This is an era of peace. I'd love for it to last long enough for all of you to achieve whatever life calls upon you and your siblings.

Felix: That's why I started learning to use Dawnstar early. Just to take precautions.

Francis: You'll become a great king someday Felix. And through you, the legacy of our family shall continue into the future.

The two of them soon enter the six bedded room where IA was tucking in the two youngest cubs.

IA: You're back. How was training?

Felix: Getting stronger everyday. And... feeling a bit sore *chuckles from embarrassment*.

IA: Well, one thing's for certain. *sniffs, then covers her nose* You need an immediate bath young man.

Felix: I don't smell that bad... *sniffs himself* Ok, never mind.

Felix heads to the bathroom just as soon as IA gives Francis a quick smooch.

Francis: Rough day my love?

IA: Certainly beats having to fight against monsters. Honestly, I kind of miss that thrill from being immortal.

Francis: I don't. Passiveness has always been my preference. Not to mention I haven't fought as long as you.

Fatima: Papa. Tell story.

Francis: Alright, once upon a time-

Faya: No, not a fake story. Real story.

Francis: I'm not good at telling a real story.

Florence: Come on father, don't lie. You've got plenty of real life tales to tell us.

Faron: Yeah, tell us about the greatest war Veccoran had ever seen!

Francis: Children, you already know that story.

Felix: *steps out of the bathroom* I definitely do.

Faith: So? We wanna hear it again.

All six cubs begged and pleaded simultaneously.

IA: Adorable little things aren't they?

Francis: Alright alright, settle down children...

All six cubs got quiet.

Francis: I'll tell you a story, but it won't be about me.

All six cubs frowned.

Francis: Trust me children, you're gonna love hearing this. Its about your grandfather and great grandfather.

Felix: Nice.

Faith: Ooh, sounds interesting. We don't really know too much about them so this is a perfect learning opportunity.

Faron: Why do we have to hear about some people we don't even know about?

Florence: Yeah, I highly doubt their adventures were as grand as yours.

IA: *Crosses her arms* Faron, Florence, need I remind you that I lived in their time? And I can assure you, their journeys were just as grand if not bigger than your father's. *Turns to Francis* No offense darling.

Francis: None taken.

Faya: Enough talking, tell story!

Fatima: Yeah, story time, story time!

Francis: Ok... since it seems we're all in agreement. Allow me to tell you the tale of your grandfathers, well, more specifically, your great grandfather and the person whom he called his brother...

Many years ago...

Before the greatest war of Veccoran...

Before the last Dawnbreaker reclaimed his kingdom...

Before the kingdoms were divided...

There were two golden brothers who protected Veccoran from many nefarious dangers:

Frandos Dawnbreaker, King of Goldenza and Veccoran's mightiest hero.

And Dante Aranka, faithful gold knight and Eloi of his clan.

Together, they were an incredible force unequal by any other in the realm. Their brotherly bond was so strong it seemed impossible to break. But as with many seemingly unstoppable forces, the passage of time unveils that even the greatest are not immune to its effects. For it was during this conflict, the chains that bound the golden brothers together was ultimately tested...

~~~

WAR

Cold Shadow

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 277 37
[This will be rewritten under a whole new book, all from scratch and hopefully adds more to what I've started and ended in these two books. To give i...
27 14 23
"In the realm of Tenria, where the skies are painted with the hues of dawn and dusk, and the land is scarred by the whispers of ancient magic, the fa...
6.4K 1.4K 26
The wheels of fate have started turning, setting into motion the deathly chariot of destiny... It all began with a piece of parchment-a missive from...
3.6K 428 61
Book 1 & 2 | Sunday Updates The guardians vanished 50 years ago, but now their power shows up in six unsuspecting youths... Sheltered from birth, Li...