Revenge #wattys2015

By averydelgotto46

22 year old Hazel Armada is living life to its fullest. She has a great family, her family has a successful b... More

Chapter 1 - the trip
Chapter 2- the new friend
chapter 3 - Paris
.chapter 4- I can be bad when I wanna be.
chapter five-drowning in ice cream
Chapter 6- I shouldn't, but i do.
chapter 7-the visitor
chapter 8 - The plan
.chapter 9 - why do i keep bumping into hot guys?
chapter 10- once upon a playdate
chapter 12- the transformation
chapter 13 - just friends?
chapter 14- just like old times
chapter 15- I miss you...not
chapter 16- that is not what I meant to do.
Chapter 17- The crazy ex boyfriend
Chapter 18- Hello YouTube
Chapter 19- i never knew you had such interesting fashion tastes.
Chapter 20- Hazel, will you be my girl?
chapter 21- i am officially confused
chapter 22- beware of Celeste-zilla
Chapter 23- this is like a real life soap opera
chapter 24- heart and brain
chapter 25- the cat is out of the bag
chapter 26- good luck gone bad
Chapter 27 - where did you get that idea?
author's note
Chapter 28 - battered and bruised
chapter 29- unwanted fame
chapter 30-helping hand
chapter 31- realization and devastation
chapter 32- revealing secrets
chapter 33- discovered
Chapter 34- thicker than water
Chapter 35- family issues
Chapter 36- Pizza's here!
Chapter 37- vulnerable not weak
Chapter 38- I should've known
Chapter 39- uninvited
Chapter 40- I am here. who should I kill?
Chapter 41- framed
Chapter 42- cue the evil laugh
Chapter 43- Congratulations , you've updated your status from dumbass to moron
Chapter 44- yeah we're good
Chapter 45 - goodbye was just the beginning
Chapter 46-goodbye was just the beginning part II
Chapter 47- The things you do for me
Chapter 48- we may or may not have an audience
Chapter 49-you mean you're not pregnant yet!?
EPILOGUE
The very last author's note

chapter 11- drama tends to follow us rich people.

6K 180 53
By averydelgotto46

Celeste squealed in delight as I told her the whole story, I even told her about Malcolm.

"Wow , I am impressed. You've hot two hotties wrapped around your finger" Harley stated.

I blushed. "Were just friends. Besides, they're not wrapped around my finger."

Harley snorted and rolled her eyes. "Puh-lease. Its obvious Malcolm's crazy about you, and your childhood friend is definitely dazzled. Believe me, I saw the way he looked at you."

Celeste was giddy, jumping up and down and saying "you're so lucky! Malcolm Wright! Oh my gosh! The things I would do to that boy! "

I clamped my hand over Celeste's mouth and gave her my best glare.

"Stop talking"

She peeled my hand off and kept on babbling. I sighed. There was no arguing with Celeste.

"We need to help you get ready for tonight. " Celeste stated matter-of-factly.

I nodded.

"Then tomorrow we'll start with the transformation" Celeste continued talking oblivious to my silence.

Harley laughed at our friend's enthusiasm. Then linked arms with me as she proceeded to drag me to the bathroom for my make-up session.

*

*

*

"It's a win-win situation" Celeste stated proudly. We get to prepare you for your date and at the same time, you get to learn the basics of beauty care.

"I think learning the basics of beauty care is the least of my problems " I said while putting my phone in my purse.

Celeste scoffed. "If you weren't my best friend I would've grabbed you by the ends of your hair and dragged you around the house."

"I thought I was your best friend" Harley said poking her head into the bathroom.

Celeste rolled her eyes in a playful manner.

"So, " she said. "The foundation looks natural, the blush is even, her eyebrows give her a sense of calmness, the color I chose for her nails matches her dress and-"

"We don't speak gossip girl" Harley said interrupting.

Harley knew how to apply makeup. She just couldn't speak the language.

Celeste laughed. "Alright, alright, her cheeks are pink, her nails are great , and her eyebrows are fantastic."

Harley blinked. "Well why didn't you say so in the first place?"

"I didn't go to beauty school for nothing" Celeste replied.

Celeste stared at my face intently. "Y'know what? I think phase one of the transformation stage is over. She looks gorgeous."

I grimaced. "If that's phase one, I can't imagine what phase two will be. " I kept staring at my reflection. What in the world happened to me? My eyelashes were twice as long and they tickled me when I blinked.

Celeste picked up something that looked hideous.

"No" I said. Giving her my most serious glare.

"Yes yes yes!" She said in a sing song voice as she held up the 5 inch high heels.

"Don't worry, you can wear your flats tonight. We'll start phase two tomorrow" she said as she helped me get my dress on.

Thank God

"He's here!" Harley shouted from the living room.

"Yell a little louder! I don't think they heard you in Mexico." I said with a frown. Harley simply laughed.

The doorbell rang and I could feel the nerves kicking in. Celeste handed me my purse and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. I gave her a hug and whispered 'thank you'.

I fluffed up my hair and folded the wrinkles of my white cocktail dress before opening the door.

Malcolm's POV

I fixed my tie before knocking. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I rang the doorbell once and then I saw an angel open the door. It was Hazel. I just stood there. Drinking in the sight of her. She had a white cocktail dress paired with a thick black belt.

I took her hand gently and laid a soft kiss on it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her blush. I gave her a bouquet of roses which she accepted with a small thank you.

She disappeared inside and put them in a vase before joining me outside. "Shall we? " she asked with that soft voice of hers. I nodded. How is it that she is so calm and collected? She's probably used to this kind of scenario. I thought sadly to myself.

*

*

*

*

"You didn't!" Hazel said laughing. Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Yep." I said chuckling.

"In the middle of the rain? That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard."

I smiled. We were now at the restaurant, talking and laughing and exchanging jokes. I told her about the time my little sister ran out crying because of her boyfriend. I ran after her in the rain to cheer her up.

"Well, I have my moments" I said raising my hands up.

Ever since we started texting , I've felt some sort of vibe, or pull of electricity. I like this girl. And I was so disappointed when I first found out she had a boyfriend. But now, they broke up. I felt like fate was on my side. Maybe I actually had a real chance with her.

But one things for sure, I really really like her.

Hazel's POV

I actually had fun. Malcolm was a great guy. He was a gentlemen, he was sweet, sensitive, and funny. Not to mention the fact that he was incredibly handsome and rich. I enjoyed spending time with him , and I enjoyed being in his company. He made me feel safe and secure.

His eyes would light up whenever he spoke about his family. I could tell he cared about them a lot.

I sat across from him, my right hand was playing with my hair absentmindedly and my left hand was lying on my lap.

I was listening to Malcolm tell me about the time he rescued a small puppy from getting flattened like a pancake on the road.

Our waitress came with dessert, red velvet cake. It was my absolute favorite.

I couldn't wait to dig in when I felt my phone buzz in my purse. Thinking it was just a text, I let it go. But when it kept buzzing. I knew someone was trying to get ahold of me.

"Excuse me for a moment" I said with a smile. Then I went to the ladies room.

"Hello?"

"Hazel we have an emergency."

"Celeste? Is that you?"

"No , its the president of the United States."

"Very funny. If you called me just to shower me with sarcastic comments then-"

"Sorry, its just we've been friends for like 8 years and you still don't recognize my phone voice? Never mind don't answer that. Anyways, like I said before we have an emergency."

"Proceed."

"I found Sophia-"

"Yipee , what's the big deal?"

"Would you let me finish!"

"Sorry. I'll be good. "

"I found her at a bar. She's totally wasted! She-"

"SHE'S DRUNK?"

There was a moment of silence at the other end. Then I realized my mistake.

"Whoops, sorry. Please continue."

"She keeps rambling about Robin. She's crying and she's a wreck. A huge wreck. I know your on your date with Malcolm so I called Harley for backup. The problem is, we don't have a place for her to stay." She paused for a moment.

Uh-oh...

"So.... We were wondering if maybe she can stay at your place?" Celeste finished.

Nope. Absolutely not. Nonononono not happening! Never! nope! no!

"Okay."

Did I just say that?

"Thanks. And I'm so sorry for disturbing you. Bye!"

She hung up before I could even say anything else. I'm in trouble. What have I gotten myself into?

*

*

*

*

I rejoined Malcolm at the table. I didn't want to eat my cake anymore. Me and her. Alone. In that great big house. Alone. Every time I saw her I kept thinking about the fact that she was living with my--- with Robin. I hated Robin. I did. I really did. But I didn't always hate him. For months, I was in love with the guy. And to think that he didn't love me back, it was too painful.

He took my heart and smashed it, stepped on it, and burned it. But I guess I should thank him. Because after he burned my red heart, my black heart rose from the ashes. He had destroyed who I was, and he had created who I had become.

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to control myself. What if I strangled Sophia in the middle of the night? That wouldn't be good.

It wasn't her fault. She's hurting too. My subconscious reminded me.

I guess this was one of those times when you have to be open minded. I knew that I needed to give Sophia a chance. She might not be as bad as I thought she was. I sighed.

"Are you alright?" Malcolm asked me, concern written all over his face.

"A little caught up with drama, that's all."

"Yeah , drama tends to follow us whether we like it or not."

"Us?"

"Us rich people. Money brings power, but it's also very dirty."

I frowned. I'm not sure I liked where he was going with this. But in order to avoid conflict, I simply nodded.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked me politely.

I glanced at my uneaten cake and mentally sighed. Oh well.

"Yeah, let's go."

Silence enveloped us as we sat in the car. There was nothing to say. And I was still mentally preparing myself for when I got home.

I was so lost in thought I didn't realize we had already arrived. Malcolm opened the door for me like a real gentlemen, I smiled in gratitude.

"I had a great time tonight." I said.

"I'm glad you did. We should do this again sometime. "

"Yeah." I smiled warmly at him.

Malcolm leaned forward and brushed a strand of my hair over my ear. Before I could fully comprehend what was happening, I felt his warm lips on my own.

He kissed me softly, like I was a delicate thing that needed to be handled with care always.

I responded to him, but I kept my hands at my side. There was nothing special about the kiss, it reminded me of the kisses I shared with my boyfriends during my high school years. It was shy, timid, and unexciting. Yet as I kissed him, I pushed all those thoughts away. It was still our first kiss, you didn't feel the fireworks yet. Right?

I ended the kiss first but I planted a soft kiss on his cheek. He smiled at me and whispered "until the next time, Hazel Armada."

"Bye" I said. But I wasn't sure if he heard it or not.

*

*

*

*

The house was incredibly dark when I stepped inside. It gave me chills. I wasn't the type of girl that was scared of the dark but horror movie scenarios always played through my mind when I found myself staring at an endless scene of black.

I flipped on the switch and started to calm down a little. I was about to set my purse down when I heard pathetic little wails coming from upstairs.

Seriously? She hasn't fallen asleep yet? Its like 10:30 already!

I really did not want to deal with a broken hearted girl. I was not prepared for this. No one taught me what to do in this kind of situation when I was college. I needed a pamphlet. Or at least a damn handbook.

I'll just ignore her. Maybe she'll get tired and fall asleep.

No such luck , 20 minutes later when I was in my pajamas she was still crying.

I decided to go investigate. Maybe she wasn't crying because of Robin. Maybe she was homesick.

I got up from my very comfortable looking bed and tiptoed my way to the guestroom. I pressed my ear against the door. I could hear her sobbing.

Before I could chicken out, I knocked, twice.

A very teary-eyed Sophia opened the door. I wasn't sure what to do. Should hug her? Comfort her? Offer her cookies? Make her laugh?

"Are you okay?" That was a stupid question. She's obviously not okay. But what else should I say?

Yeah, I get what your going through. Wanna chat and braid each others hair? Then we can throw darts at Robin's picture. How does that sound?

Yeah no, the day I say that will be the day the world will end.

"No." She answered softly.

"Can I come in?"

She nodded. I examined my surroundings. The bed was unmade. Sheets were tangled together. The pillows were piled one on top of the other. Kleenex boxes were scattered on the floor. I turned around and saw Sophia sitting on the floor. She was clutching something, holding it close to her chest, to her heart.

I pried it away from her cold hands. She looked down, ashamed. It was a picture frame. It was really wet, probably from her tears. I wiped it with the sleeve of my shirt. It was a picture of her and Robin. They looked genuinely happy.

I wasn't sure what to do. But I didn't feel jealous. I looked at the girl in front of me as she sobbed. Her breath smelled like alcohol, and all I felt looking at her was pity. Pity and empathy. I had gone through the same thing, except I had two crazy best friends to help me pull through.

What did she have?

I wasn't sure. I barely knew this girl.

"My parents never liked Robin." She whispered. I was shocked to hear her speak so I just kept my mouth shut.

"They told me he was a good for nothing slob. But I didn't listen. I loved Robin with all my heart. My parents threatened to disown me. But I wouldn't hear any of it. I had a huge fight with my parents that day. I stormed off. My father, ran after me and begged me to stay. I was everything to my father, I was an only child. I looked into his eyes and saw that he was hurting. He didn't want his only daughter run off with some boy. But-"

she sobbed , a horrible painful sob.

"My pr-pride got in the way. I was angry, I wasn't thinking straight. I told him I wasn't a child anymore. I could do what I wanted. I left the place. I left my father."

She sobbed heavily and I patted her back awkwardly. What was I supposed to say? This girl had been through a lot.

"The next day, " she continued. "They.. They found his body."

My eyes widened.

"He committed suicide. He's dead. Dead. He's dead and its all my fault! If only I had listened!"

She sobbed and sobbed. I looked at her and the next thing I knew my vision had become blurry. I touched my cheeks and felt tears streaming down.

This poor girl.

"Its not your fault." I whispered. "You couldn't have known what he was planning to do."

"I should've. I was always a daddy's girl. I killed my own father."

I grabbed her shoulders. "Listen to me Sophia, you did not kill your father. Its not your fault. You hear me? Not your fault."

"But they were right! Robin is a good for nothing slob! I chose him over my own parents! My mother won't even speak to me! This guilt will haunt me forever."

"Its not your fault." I whispered.

"I want this just as much as you do. I want to see Robin suffer. I want him to be the one that has to start a new life because I , well we, took it away from him"

I managed a soft smile. She was quoting the other woman.

"Well then, I guess that can be arranged."

Author's note: that has to be the longest chapter so far. Whew! Poor Sophia :( I feel bad for her. How are you liking the story? Let me know! Don't forget to vote! Comment! Follow! And share this story with your friends :)

Xoxo,
Avery

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

955K 13.5K 41
Jace Smith, a 19 year old heir of the Italian mafia, or mostly known as "The Devil", he doesn't have a soft spot for anyone, but with an arranged mar...
428K 9.6K 15
After finding out her family needs money quickly, Milla applies to the site with sugar daddies. Lying that she is 18. What happens when she comes ac...
1K 50 10
Highest rankings: #1 in assassin Hazel Ace wasnt ordinary girl Meet Hazel Ace she is only 18 and goes into high school. Has sister named Deja Ace who...