The Billionaire's Sweet Troub...

By sweetdreamer33

After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to rui... More

Season List for The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
Epilogue

78

6.7K 220 30
By sweetdreamer33

Sweet

Jace looked my way and grinned. I felt so awkward when I got caught staring. I lifted my wineglass and smiled at him.

Darn it! What are you doing, Sweet? I mumbled to myself and went to the bar to get another drink.

Bianca stood beside me and asked about Sebastian.

"I heard the news about you and Sebastian Stavrakos breaking up. That sucks." She raised one eyebrow at me, then chuckled nastily.

"It's even worse seeing you here." I replied calmly.

"Ha! I'm curious what Jace sees in you? You're a bitch!"

"I'm not usually, except for leeches like you." I glanced at her, then smiled sweetly. "You totally took advantage of Jace when he got wasted at the graduation ball. It must've sucked when he figured out it was you and shoved you away."

"Who told you that?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"One of your girls spilled the tea. Looks like you got a snake in your circle."

Bianca's face turned red in shame, then she stormed off.

Later, I wandered around and had a chat with some friends. I grabbed another glass of champagne from the server, and Jace just appeared next to me.

"Hey, slow down, that's your fourth drink."

"Seriously, you were counting?"

"Yes, mam," he took the glass from me, and when I tried to retrieve it, he lifted it out of my reach. "Don't underestimate this sweet champagne. It can easily knock you out. You got to stay sober 'cause you're driving me home."

"Come on," I went for my glass again, but he finished it in one gulp. "No way!"

"You're done with the wine tonight."

I pouted, and he chuckled aloud.

"You're so cute," he pinched my chin, then grabbed my hand. "Come on, let's dance. That's our song."

He led me to the dance floor, joining the others dancing Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes' song, Señorita.

I remember Jace and I used to dance to that song when it was popular. We'd practice the hot sexy dance in their basement, and of course, we'd always end up making out.

He definitely remembered it, too. His gaze was magnetic, and his touch gentle yet seductive. He never let go of my hand, and if he did, it was to pull me closer.

It was a fun night with lots of laughs, catching up with old friends, dancing, and singing along to the music. But when the party was over and I got in my car, my heart felt empty again.

"You alright?" Jace asked when I was sitting in the passenger seat of my pickup. Yeah, he ended up driving 'cause I had two more glasses of the sweet champagne.

"Yeah, I'm good. I just feel so sleepy." I yawned and succumbed to the effects of the sweet champagne.

"Alright, off to dreamland you go," He said, and I was out like a light.

Next thing I knew, I was in my bedroom at home, in broad daylight.

I panicked, wondering what had happened last night. I just remembered sleeping in my pickup.

I bolted downstairs to the kitchen, and there was Mom, cooking breakfast.

"What happened? I don't remember coming home last night."

Mom's lips twisted and said. "You drank so much, you passed out. Jace carried you to your room. And don't worry, I was the one who changed your clothes."

I sighed with relief. That was the most concerning part.

"Thank God." I sank into one of the kitchen chairs and checked the time at the wall clock. Nine o'clock!

I jolted when the kitchen door suddenly swung open. Dad and Jace entered.

I felt self-conscious in my disheveled state. I was still in my PJs, with messy hair and pretty sure some dirt in my eyes and smudges on my face. I didn't take off my makeup from last night because I passed out.

However, Jace's eyes met mine with warmth.

"Hi, Sweet. I'm glad you're awake now."

Before I could answer him, Mom butted in.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you Sweet, Jace came earlier looking for you."

"You did?" I asked, "why?"

"I'm heading to the Riverside area to look for a property. Maybe you'd like to join me for a road trip. We can drop by Big Mama's diner for brunch."

Big Mama's Diner, our favorite go to when we were still in a relationship.

"Hmm...sound's tempting." I pressed my lips together, thinking. Should I go?

"You need a break, Sweet. Go and have some fun," Dad encouraged me. I knew he wanted me to go to take my mind off Sebastian.

I heaved a deep sigh, then asked Jace, "can we drop by at Wonderland Amusement Park?"

He chuckled. "Why not? I know you just want rainbow cotton candy."

"That's right," I laughed, "hold on a minute, I'll just take a quick shower."

"Take your time,' he said, and I ran to the bathroom.

Jace drove his Mazda sedan. As we journeyed, we reminisced about the funny moments of the previous night. I informed him about my confrontation with Bianca last night, and he didn't show any surprise.

"She's been pretty forward about asking me out lately. She didn't hold back and confessed her feelings."

"I told you. She's completely obsessed with you. It's your fault for leading her on." I joked.

His lips twisted, frowning at me.

"I swear, I didn't. I treated her the same way as I treated the other girls."

"You didn't have to. Your signature smile is enough to have girls swooning over you."

"I don't need a bunch of girls to fall in love with me. I only have eyes for one girl." He flashed me a flirty smile, then murmured. "Too bad. My magic doesn't work on her anymore."

I ignored his comment, and he laughed aloud when I diverted to another topic.

We had a delicious brunch at Big Mama's Diner. We ordered our favorite macaroni and cheese, spinach pizza, bacon and fries, and Caesar salad. After five years, nothing had changed.

"Feels like we're back in high school." He said when we waited for our order.

"Yup. All we need is your motorbike."

"I sold it to Lewis, and after a month, he traded it for a scooter." He shook his head, looking disappointed. "You know what? I wish I could turn back the clock and never leave Dansville."

"But you totally learned a ton in China. It got you to where you are now."

Big Mama came and interrupted our conversation. She was still the same, but older. Pretty, chubby cheeks with big, curly black hair.

"Look who's here! My favorite high school lovebirds."

"Hello!" Jace was like, and then we both got up and gave her a hug.

"I'm all good, no worries." Her eyes shifted from me to Jace, observing us. "Wow, you both turned out so stunning. I'm sure you both are doing amazing."

"Sweet hit it big. She's a well-known blogger."

"Really? I'm not really on social media, but I'll give it a look," she grinned at me, then looked at Jace. "What about you? You're a big shot basketball player now?"

"Nope. I develop apps."

"What's that?" Her eyebrows creased.

Jace went on explaining to her, and I just listened to him. He was super nice, talking all smooth and calm, using regular words so she could understand what he was saying.

Our food arrived in front of us, and we were all ready to dig in and savor every bite.

"I'll leave you two to eat," Big Mama said. "It's so heartwarming you came back here. I hope we'll see each other often."

"That's very likely, 'cause I'm moving back to Dansville." Jace assured her.

"I'm glad," she said, putting her hands on her chest and looking at us with adoration. "I'm also super happy you guys are still together."

Jace and I exchanged a glance. She left before we could even correct her.

After brunch, we went to the property Jace was checking out. It was a big area close to the river. We had a real estate agent meet with us, and they talked for like an hour.

Back in the car, Jace mentioned his plan to build a condo on the land. It's a solid investment for the future.

I know he wasn't trying to impress me, 'cause that's not him. But honestly, I was so impressed by what he's achieved. He made it big in business not just because of his hard work, but also because he was a nice, down-to-earth person. Everyone loved Jace. There was nothing to hate about him.

We went to the flea market and wandered around, checking out what the vendors had.

"Oh, those! Remember?" He pointed at the braided bracelets.

"Of course! I'll never forget that."

We got matching bracelets here before, and we promised to take care of them, just like we'd take care of our love.

"I still have mine." He said, "yours?"

I smiled, "yeah, I still have it too."

He had this smug grin, looking all satisfied. "Let's get a new one."

"Okay." I agreed right away. Well...why not?

We picked up a braided bracelet that matches. Last time it was all black and red, now it's black and white. He put the bracelet on my wrist and I did the same for him.

Then we headed to Wonderland Amusement Park. We were all like kids, laughing and running to the cotton candy store. He got me this massive rainbow cotton candy, and we devoured it right then and there.

"So, what do you wanna ride first?" He asked after he handed me a bottle of water.

"Hmm... Let's go on the roller coaster first, then the drop tower and the pendulum ride."

"Ah, feeling up for an adventure, huh? Alright, brave princess, let's get moving!"

To be honest, I was having fun. It felt like going down memory lane, back when we were young and head over heels in love.

Later that night, we grubbed on barbecue, spring rolls, sauteed veggies, and rice at a Filipino joint. We were cracking up, making fun of each other and chatting non-stop. Just like how it was before.

I realized I was super comfortable with Jace. We could talk about anything and everything. Well, except about Sebastian, obviously.

I didn't bring up Sebastian, and neither did he. He knew it would bother me and ruin our day. He'd likely be hurt too, since he had feelings for me.

He dropped me off at our house at eight.

"Can't believe how fast time goes when we're together," he sighed. "I hope you had a nice day."

"Sure, I did. Thank you so much."

He tried to kiss me on my lips, but I turned my face away. His lips planted on my cheek and lingered.

"Goodnight, Sweet."

"Night." I whispered, then got out of his car.

Within the four walls of my room, I was on my bed, my eyes focused on the ceiling above me. I couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth and happiness as Jace and I reconnected and grew closer again.

I had always fantasized about this moment - seeing him again and bringing our love back to life.

Jace and I have developed a deep level of comfort with each other. It's always a good time when I'm with him.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips.

But I had to be honest with myself and admit that while I was content with Jace, my feelings for Sebastian were way stronger. The fiery passion...exhilarating thrill and excitement that he ignited within me were on an extraordinary level. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.5K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
10.7K 410 25
People run away, love doesn't. The woeful life of Rose Barnes is showing no signs of improvement. She's alone in a new city, drowning in debt, with d...
2.1M 76.3K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...