I will never be his truly

By Karan2Abhi

"Ares you know one thing I realized as much as you say you love me I know for a fact, that I was never your t... More

Disclaimer and Character aesthetics
Chapter 1: Sad reality ( Past)
Chapter 2 : I need to except my reality
Chapter 3: My daily life ( Present)
Chapter 4: Something's missing
Chapter 5: Eye contact
Chapter 6: Facing her coldness
Chapter 7: He is a conceited fool
Chapter 8: I can't deal with him
Chapter 9: Mistakes from the pass
Chapter 10: A new type of feeling
Chapter 11: Friends again
Chapter 12: Same old things
Chapter 12 part 2 : Jasper is so Casper
Chapter 13: Spending time with her
Chapter 15: What's happening to me ?
Chapter 16: Fixing shit
Chapter 17: Bonding with Jasper
Chapter 18: Taking lead
Chapter 19: Feeling happy
Chapter 20: Gala
Chapter 21: Gala part 2
Chapter 22: Pleasure
Chapter 23: The guilt
New Character
Chapter 24: Letting go
Another's Truly : Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Handsome stalker.
Chapter 3: Speaking to Antonio
Chapter 4: Talking books
Chapter 5: Antonio's past
Chapter 6: Into you
Chapter 7: he likes me
Chapter 8: Morning Breath
Chapter 9: She is perfect
Chapter 10: I'm yours
Chapter 11: Just jokes
Chapter 12: Destroying him
Chapter 13: Falling in love
Chapter 14: Facing my past
Chapter 15: Waking up to bliss
Chapter 16: Accident
Chapter 17: Familiar eyes
Chapter 18 : Tonio
Chapter 19: You lied
Chapter 20: His woman
Chapter 21: Off limits
Chapter 22: I hate her
Chapter 23: Layla's wedding
Chapter 24: Happy life
epilogue

Chapter 14: Diwali

2K 38 0
By Karan2Abhi

Today is the day of Diwali and I feel a bit sad I remember how Papa used to light fireworks for me. This time is always the hardest time of the year for me.

"Rhe do you think your aunt will be impressed with my kurta?" Jasper asks and I look at Jasper and gush oh my gosh he looks so cute.

"My best friend is the most handsome man on earth. I hope you won't be breaking hearts tonight Casper," I say teasing him

"I know I won't by the way is your assistant Blair coming to the function?" Jasper asks leaving me on edge a bit as I think he has a crush on her and I don't want him to get hurt.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I ask him

"I think Blair is cute okay but I don't think she will like me," Jasper says

"Listen to me Jasper Miles you are one of the best people I know and any girl would be a fool to not like you," I say as helping him fix his kurta.

"I love you Cupcake i wonder what I would have done without any Rhea in my life," he says before pinching my cheeks.

"You would not have had nice food as introduced you to so many flavors," I say that's one thing me and Jasper bonded over.

I then realize I have to start getting done. I freshen up and then straighten my hair and makeup. I then put on my outfit which is a lehenga choli

(outfit below)

It's not a fancy outfit, it's simple but it's still beautiful. I then put on some matching jewelry with it.

Jasper then sees me and whistles and jokes around, "I might have to wife you up soon before my competitors arrive," he says which makes me laugh.

Jasper then hops into my car and we drive off to my family's house. We then get out of the car and admire the interior it will look so much better if it's night because it will stand out in the dark we then go to the garden to see my dadi and aunt telling the caterers to make sure everything goes smoothly.

My aunt comes running to me, "You look so beautiful Rhea we did the prayers already I know you are Christian that's why did it earlier and because of the auspicious time" I smile at Aunt. She then gives me a bindi to put on my head.

My Dadi must have gone all out as she hired a drummer and I smile," It must be a big function but again you guys have the house space" I say.

"We only invited about 60 - 80 people plus your friends that reminds me where is that Jasper?" she asks he was just her a few seconds ago he disappeared out of thin air.

I look over by the food section to see him eating some samosas and I start chuckling if you ever need to find Jasper find him by the food.

It's finally evening for the guests to arrive and I wait for Ares. I see people start to arrive. I then hear a sports car outside it must be him.

I looked outside to see him getting out of his car he looked so handsome in a kurta top I thought as he walked to me.

He then kisses me on the cheek not before whispering in my ear, "You look beautiful as always but today you are beyond beautiful" he says and I blush but I have to stay focused.

"Rhe!" someone shouts and I look to the side to see Layla wearing a saree standing next to a man. I then jump and hug her as fast as I can.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't think you would come," I say smiling.

"Rhe I had to plus I'm staying here for a few weeks to model for one of the shows in New York i got to do work," she says grinning at me.

"Well, I'm so glad I will see you for a couple of weeks," I say as I really missed having Layla with me.

"Yep oh I forgot I brought Nick you know um Guava," she says smiling at me.

Guava is a code name Layla and I came up with it after she told me she likes Nick a friend of Ares. I must say this Nick is looking gorgeous i knew him from high school, he was one of Ares's close friends, we now and then spoke in high school but that was it.

"Long time Darling hey," Nick says and gives me a slight hug.

I silently shout, "He is gorgeous," I say silently so only Layla can hear, and my lips are just moving.

Layla then whispers back, "I know right."

I did not even see Ares standing there until he said in a grumpy voice, "What is this fool doing here Layla?"

"So you did not miss your best friend because you have now Rhea back in your life, dude you hurt me," he says faking hurt as his hand is on his heart. Ares just gives him a look until Nick eventually says well he is here.

"Dude I just needed a vacation from that place and New York seemed like the best option you know as my bro is here and all the hot chicks," he says.

I don't miss the way Layla sends Nick a glare at the mention of hot chicks.

"You can have your vacation just keep it away from me," Ares says looking annoyed.

I then take them inside. I saved a table for my friends and I saw Jasper and Blair seated already in the garden they seemed to be chatting and I started smiling.

Ares walks on my side and says, "I see your friend Jasper is already here."

"Yep, he came with me as I needed to sort a few things out," I say and I see Ares clenching his jaw.

"Oh I see Ares you made it, dude I'm sure this is your first Diwali party I would recommend the food it's tasty man," Jasper says which makes Blair laugh.

"Jasper boo you've gotten a lot more handsome since the last time I saw you," Layla says I look towards Nick and I see him sending Jasper and Layla a glare.

Ares then asks, "So you met Jasper already sis?"

Jasper then starts coughing and looking at me, "Rhea you did not tell me Layla and Ares are related i knew they were adopted but I did not know Ares would have such a cool sister" he says which makes Ares roll his eyes and I laugh.

"To answer your question bro I met him a few years back as I had to see this fine ass hunk Rhea was keeping away from me and Jasper thanks for giving the compliment I already know I'm the cool sibling," she says smirking as she looks at Ares then winks at Jasper.

Ares just sends Layla a look indicating I talk to you later, "So where is your family? I would like to meet them," Ares says looking down at me.

I smile it's nice to know that Ares wants to meet my family.  I then lead him to my family as he so badly wants to meet them

"Aunt Sonal and Dadi this Ares that I told you about," I say.

Ares then shakes their hand and greets them.

"Oh my you told me he was handsome but you did not tell me he was this handsome" Dadi gushes and I laugh she is so old but she loves handsome guys.

I hear Ares chuckle.

"Is this the small Ares that chased after you with a water gun when you were younger?" Aunt Sonal asks

I shake my head indicating yes my mind drifts back to those years.

Flashback (14 years ago)

"Do you think if we sit on the beach we will attract the hot boys?" Layla ask

I laugh that's all Layla thinks about but I agree as I can use a tan on my skin even though I'm wearing a one-piece swimsuit.

We lay in the sun for well until I felt someone squirting water on me, "Rhe why are you not swimming with me you promised plus you said we were on a mission" he says.

"Bro you know she is not just your friend she is mine too," Layla says which I agree with.

"Yeah, but I met her first, "Ares says looking offended.

"Whatever go play with the booger girl who has a crush on you," Layla says.

"Eww no, Rhe please come and swim the water is so nice," he says nagging me.

I close my eyes and say, "Later Ares" until I feel him shooting me with water.

I look at him with a cross look and I get up as he then starts chasing me around the beach with the water gun I eventually give in as I'm now soaking wet thanks to Ares.

Flashback ends.

Present

"Yep that was me," he says which makes my aunt laugh he then engages in a conversation with them until he exits the conversation as he receives a phone call.

My dadi then says, "I like him Rhea he is a good boy i support you guys if you ever get into a relationship"

I stand still not knowing what to say, "He is going to get married Dadi he has a fiance," I say.

"Just remember child he is not married yet and how do you think me and your daada got married in the first place? You will see how fate intervenes just watch" she says and walks away.

I see Rohan has arrived with his new girlfriend. Oh my gosh, she is so beautiful, Rohan told me she was a sweet African American girl but he did not tell me she was such a beauty and she was also wearing a lehenga. I'm so proud of him.

Rohan sees me and hugs me, "You look beautiful as always," he says which makes me smile. He then introduced me to his fiance Hope and she is so sweet like he said. We then have a conversation and I can tell she will fit right in with this family.

"Rhea come dance for us you know Kathak so well please show the people a dance," Aunt Sonal says nagging me. I was going to say no cause I hate to dance in front of people but I saw my dadi looking at smiling and encouraging me to do it and I couldn't say no to her.

I then did one of the dances I had been practicing on Ghar more pardesiya song the dance. I hate it when people look at me and I can feel Ared looking at me, with him I can sense I always get goosebumps when he looks at me.

Finally, the dance is over and everyone claps. I then go to the balcony and go outside on the terrace as I need fresh air.

"You danced beautifully there" I hear Ares's voice which makes me jolt as he kinda scared me.

"Um, thanks," I say looking at the sky.

"Why didn't you tell me this day was one of the hardest days for you?" Ares asks.

"I don't like telling people my problems and who told you?" I ask looking at him no one needs to know my problems as it does not affect them.

"I can't tell you that but what I can say is your father would have been proud to see the girl you turned out to be," Ares says which makes tears well up in my eyes.

"Thanks, Ares," I say and smile.

I then see Ares lighting a cracker and set up and I gasp as it is so beautiful I smile that's one thing my papa did with me. I look it's so beautiful. Ares then turns to me wiping my tears.

"Rhe always keeps smiling because when you smile it lights up the world for me and when you cry it makes me depressed," Ares says as he pulls me in for a hug. The fireworks all going off it's so beautiful

We then look at each other our mouths an inch apart and I feel myself leaning in and the same with him.

I then hear someone cough which snaps me out of my daze.

****
Who do you think disturbed them?

Thanks to the people who are voting double thanks to you lovely people💕

Please do comment and vote 🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 836 29
Desi four love stories in one series! Will you guys be able to handle that? ______________ Hania X Zaan: •| An Unlikely Bond Zaan Rehmani: "I'd soone...
168 39 61
Without hesitation we fall... He saved her from dying. He saw her and hated her. He's both her savior and tormentor. But when he saw another man try...
2.6M 19.4K 12
|#1 in Romance| Chapters taken down for a while. Go through the link in my profile bio to read all the chapters :) RYAN PARKER, famous entrepreneur...
619 40 14
𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...