Daylight

By hjpstreacletart

A story in which Matilda Lockwood spends her first summer at the Fishers beach house. [ OC x Conrad Fisher ] More

Intro.
1. - August
2.- Dinner & Debs.
A/N
4.- Daylight.
5.- Labyrinth
6.- shopping.
7.- a tea party .
8.-I dont want to look at anything else now that I saw you.
debutante social media posts!
9.- right where you left me.
10.- got lovestruck went to my head.
11.- infact, I love you.
12.- sparks.
12.2- recent posts.
13.- beach baby.
14.-traitor.
15.-I don't know anything, but I know I miss you.
16.- will you want me? will you tell me to go fuck myself?
17.- I would stay forever, if you say don't go.
A/N
18- everyone wants him, that was my crime.
A/N
19.-your mother would be proud of you.
20.- know what?
21.- we'll be a fine line.
The end.
DAYLIGHT PART 2

3. - As the world caves in.

2.2K 24 27
By hjpstreacletart

Belly and Matilda are awkwardly clearing there plates into the bin at the same time.

"So!" Matilda smiled,
"Sooo" Belly responded, with an irritated smile.
"What do you think of this deb thing?" Matilda asked her, genuinely interested in her response.
" I don't know, are you gonna do it?" Belly replied.
" Honestly, I don't know yet, it seems fun, but I want to ask Con first you know, seeing as it's partner stuff-" Matilda explained, finishing with her plate and looking to Belly.
" Well, Con, thinks it's for sheep, so good luck with that. " Belly replied, sighing, and walking over to Susannah.
Matilda stood there baffled for a second. She could tell Belly hated her, and she didn't know why.

After clearing her plate, and putting it into the dishwasher, she walks over to Conrad whose sitting on the couch with Steven and Jere, looking at a "funny" video on Stevens phone.

"Con" Matilda spoke, he immediately looked up at her, not caring about the video.
"I'm gonna go and get ready for the bonfire!" she smiled.
"Oh shit yeah, we have to go soon!" Jeremiah exclaimed.
"Alright, I'm gonna sit by the pool for a bit" Conrad decided, he stood up, and placed a kiss on Matildas forehead.
"We better get ready too." Steven told Jeremiah, who nods.
Jeremiah, Matilda, and Steven, all go up the stairs to get ready, as they all dramatically sang " ITS YOUUUU, THAT I LIE WITH!"
Conrad chuckles, as he's getting his lighter out his pocket, he can hear there singing from the poolside.
"AS THE ATOM BOMB LOCKS INNN."
They all start using there hands as michs. "OH GIRL ITS YOUUU ,I WATCH TV WITH!"
"Hey, Tilly, do you think me and Steven can be your new Violet and Charlie?" Jeremiah joked, after his voice cracked during the high note.
Matilda snorted, as she chuckled "hell no!"
"Hey, whose Violet and Charlie?" Steven asked, smiling in amusement,
"Oh, Matilda's two friends in high school, they were in a band together for music. " Jeremiah explained.
"Ohhh" Steven nodded, "hey, I'm sure we are just as good!" he suddenly argued in offence, going back to Matilda's "hell no" .
Matilda barked out a laugh, "you keep telling yourselves that" she said, as she went into Conrad's room to change.
———

Conrad stared outside into the pool, thinking about plans for him and Matilda. He couldn't wait to take her surfing, sailing, into the shops, and to the beach. Each and every day with her is going to be perfect, and he's going to make sure of it. He smiles, thinking about tonight, as he smokes his joint. Despite everything going on, he has Matilda, and Matilda has the power to bring sun strong enough to his darkest days. He knows this summer, is going to hurt him, knowing what he knows, but every day with Matilda, at his favourite place on earth, is going to get him through this. With Matilda, and Cousins beach, he feels less alone.

Distracted from his thoughts, Belly walked out. Conrad shifts slightly uncomfortably, after the awkward encounter at dinner with her and Matilda.

Belly noticed him, and can't help but smile, finally, she gets a moment alone with Conrad.
"I thought you said smoking pot changes the way you process information." she questioned him, her lips curving into a smile.
Conrad paused for a moment. "So does your cellphone." he shrugged plainly, looking back into the pool.
Belly narrowed her eyes.
——
Belly's POV

Conrad's acting different. he smokes pot? when we were ten, he always said how bad it was for you, and now he seems like he doesn't even care.

Matilda.

It has to be her.

Ever since she came into the picture, he smokes, he quit football, he's moody.

Not only did she steal Conrad, my Conrad, but she's changing him for the worse, and I have to stop this.

Belly doesn't let his blunt response stump her, she walks over to the pool, and smoothly dives in, before swimming up to the surface.
"You said marijuana messes with white matter." She smirked, almost challengingly.
Conrad looked amused, raising a brow, "do you even know what white matter is?" he scoffed.
"You-you said that our brains are still developing..-" Belly stammered, looking confused herself.
"God do you memorise everything I have said?" Conrad cut her off, looking irritated.
"Get over yourself." Belly blushed, swimming a bit more.
Conrad looks around uncomfortably, seeing if Matilda is coming out of the back doors yet, praying she will be soon.
"I mean, Conrad, you said that , pots dumb, and athletes don't put shit in their bodies!" Belly reminded him.
"I've said a lot of stuff." Conrad stated firmly, "plus, I'm not an athlete anymore." he shrugged, having another toke.
"Why?" Belly asked, looking directly at him.
Conrad pauses for a moment, looking at her, " because, Belly, I don't enjoy it anymore." he explained, irritated by the interrogation.

"Is it because of Matilda?" Belly asked quickly, folding her arms.
Conrad immediately looks over at her, furrowing his eyebrows "No, I didn't quit football because of Tills?" he tells her, almost laughing at how ridiculous Belly sounds.

"Why are you acting so different? I swear, it's because of Matilda, she's changing you Conrad-" Belly began,

Conrad interrupted her, firmly, trying not to yell, "Belly, stop being pathetic. whatever silly childhood crush you had on me, you need to let it go, and stop  shit talking Matilda and treating her like shit, you don't get to do that. Yeah, maybe Matilda changed me, but if anything for the better, she's been here for me through everything and you, you don't get to accuse her of anything . Okay? " he snapped.

Belly looked stunned.
——-

Matilda's POV.

I looked in the mirror, happy with my outfit choice.
As I stroll to the window, I see Conrad, sitting besides the pool, having a drag, while Belly floated in the pool, talking to him.

I knows Conrad sees her as a sister, and I don't want to be that one insecure girlfriend, but something about the two seems off. After a few moments of staring at the two, I turn round, grabbing my bag, deciding to go meet Con.
——

Matilda walked outside, treading carefully. She noticed Belly looked like she had just been slapped round the face, and Conrad had a sour expression.

"Hey guys!" Matilda smiled unsurely, causing the two to look over at her.
Conrad's tensed shoulders immediately relaxed, "Hey, you're ready?" he smiled over at her, throwing his joint, getting up.
Belly sighed, as she swam to the end of the pool, and climbed out.
"Yeah, I'm ready." Matilda smiled, as Conrad walked over to her, placing a hand on her waist, and kissing her forehead, causing Matilda to go slightly red at the sudden affection. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks, Con." Matilda chucked, placing her hand on his cheek, and smiling adoringly before letting go.

Belly dries herself off, grimacing at the twos conversation.

"Hey Isabelle!" Matilda tried,
Belly looked over at them for a second, and then looked Conrad directly in the eye, who shot her a pointed look.
"Hi.. Matilda." Belly nodded quietly, but somewhat actually politely.
Suddenly, Steven and Jeremiah came dashing out the house, throwing there arms round Conrad and Matilda. "Are you guys ready for the first bonfire of the season?" Jeremiah asked, rubbing his hands excitedly.

"Wait, you're all going?" Belly asked, looking over enviously.

"Uh, yeah. " Jeremiah nodded awkwardly, feeling slightly bad.

"Well, can I come?" Belly tried with a small smile,

Steven scoffed, "Yeah, no chance." he laughed,

"Guys, if she really wants to come, I don't see the issue." Matilda tried, she really wanted to make Belly stop hating her, besides she could tell Belly looked upset that she couldn't come, and Matilda truly felt for her.

"Nah, trust us Tills, these things aren't appropriate for Belly." Conrad told her, wrapping his arm round her shoulder. He couldn't help but feel such adoration for Matilda, hell he even heard with his own ears the horrid things Belly thinks about his girl friend, and yet she's still going out of her way to include her?

"Yeah, she's only 15." Steven added on.
"Nearly 16!" Belly argued.
"Whatever , you're not coming, that's that. " Steven stated, firmly.
"Sorry Bells, I think the moms have set up that movie night for you. " Jeremiah smiled gently,
Belly looked pissed. She hated being belittled, more so in-front of Matilda.
"Bye Belly." Everyone awkwardly waved, as they all left, and Belly stormed inside.

- -

" Woah, this beach, it's gorgeous!" Matilda chuckled in awe, as they walked down to the sand.
Conrad grinned, "wait till I show you it in daytime , it's even more gorgeous, as you say." he chuckled.
"Gigi's coming this way, I'm gonna dip." Jeremiah said, his eyes wide, as he quickly shot of the other direction. Before Matilda could even question Jeremiah's issue with this Gigi girl, seemingly, Gigi and her friends all came over.
"Hey guys!" One girl smiled.
"Hi, Nicole. " Conrad nodded,
"Hey." Steven smiled, his attention particularly on one girl.
"Sorry boys, we aren't interested in you guys right now, nice to see you though-" the girl at the front began,
Conrad raised an eyebrow, while Steven let out a scoff,
" we wanted to chat to this gorgeous girl you're holding hostage! " she told them, causing Matilda to grin.
" you only had to ask! " Steven replied, faking twirling his hair and gushing.
Conrad shook his head at Steven, while Matilda and the girls let out a snicker.
The girl at the front spoke again, "come with us .. ? " She paused,
"Matilda!" Matilda filled in the gap.
"Great, c'mon Matilda!" another blonde giggled, dragging her away with them. Matilda laughed, quickly waving goodbye to Conrad, mouthing " I'll be back! " .
As much as Conrad wanted to selfishly spend every moment with his girl friend, he was happy to see she was already starting to make friends.
"Oh god, we better introduce ourselves, we have probably frightened the poor girl!" A sweet looking girl, with an English accent, and the one Steven was staring at earlier ,said.
"Oh god, we are actually such idiots." one spoke, " I'm Marissa." she smiled quickly,
The blonde perked up, sipping a drink, "Gigi."
"I'm Nicole!" the girl standing at the front said, smiling warmly at Matilda.
"Dara!" Another smiled.
"And I'm Shayla!" the English girl explained, also sending her a sweet smile.
"Great to meet you all!" Matilda replied, through a small giggle.
"So, I promise we didn't drag you over here in like a bitchy interrogation way like those girls in school if you're new or something-" Nicole began,
"They're literally the worst." Shayla nodded, tucking her hair behind her ear.
"Right?!" Marissa nodded, as Gigi shook her head, rolling her eyes in agreement.
Matilda smiled in amusement, and Nicole smiled at her, indirectly apologising for her friends interrupting.
" we just heard; you're new around here, we know you're with Conrad, friends with that bunch and what not, so we just wanted to say, if you want some girl friends, well hey! " Nicole smiled.
Matilda genuinely smiled, looking a bit speechless, " thank you so much, yeah, I'd love to hang with you guys! "
"Great!" Nicole beamed, side hugging her.
"Awesome." Shayla chuckled.
Marissa and Gigi smiled warmly at Matilda, " hey we should follow eachother on socials. " Gigi suggested.
They all swapped socials, and talked for about ten minutes about .. everything really!

"Hey, Nic, Jere and Cole are over there." Gigi told her, giving her a pointed look. Clearly, the two girls were interested in them. Nicole clapped her hands, " right, Gigi and I will be off. " she winked, " see you later loves! " she smiled, as Gigi waved happily at them all as they walked off.

" I'm gonna go hang with my girlfriend." Marissa decided, grabbing a beer, " see ya! " she nodded, shuffling away.

"I'm gonna find my brother." Dara nodded, raising a beer and walking away too.

"Hey, Shayla, wanna come sit with me, Conrad, and Steven? I think Steven really is into you. "Matilda suggested, smiling welcomingly.

"Yeah, I'm down for that!" Shayla nodded, happily linking arms with Matilda walking over to the boys, who sat next to the bonfire with beers.

"Hey!" Matilda beamed,
"Oh, hey-" Steven said nervously, looking happily at Shayla.
Conrad and Matilda shared a look, before letting out a snicker, which earnt a sharp glare shot at them.
Conrad gently reached up, grabbing Matilda's waist, and he carefully pulled her onto his lap.
Matilda smiled, leaning into Conrad, pulling his arms closer around her.
" you two are just the cutest " Shayla gushed, causing Conrad and Matilda to share a matching soft smile.
"Soo.." Steven spoke,
"Shayla, do you like Taylor Swift?" Matilda asked curiously. Conrad chuckled, shaking his head, Matilda and her love for Taylor Swift eh.
"Of course!" Shayla giggled,
" I mean, who doesn't like Taylor Swift." Steven joined in, laughing unsurely.
"You're so right Steven!" Shayla nodded, causing Steven to smile proudly.
"Conrad claims he doesn't like her." Matilda spoke, rolling her eyes and gently poking him in the stomach.
"What?!" Shayla laughed, along with Steven.
Conrad smiled a tiny smile. He really, doesn't mind Taylor Swift, in fact, he thinks her song writing is amazing , he just jokingly pretends not to , to tease Matilda.
Suddenly, Jeremiah sat with the group, "Taylor Swift is just an icon!" he joins in. " Honestly, Connie, go listen to folklore.
Conrad faked a grumble, but winked at the other three over Matilda's shoulder so they knew he was joking.
Matilda swatted his chest, causing Conrad to laugh, and kiss her cheek.

———

( Belly's pov: happening the same time )

Belly picked up her phone, and FaceTimed Taylor.
Taylor answered, in the midst of her mascara, she spoke "Belly? Why am I hearing from you, you never call on the first night."
Belly ignored the question, "Hey, where you going?" she asked.
"To a show!" Taylor smiled, looking at her phone and then frowning a bit, "hey, what's wrong?"
Belly sighed, "Conrad and I were talking earlier, alone.." she smiled to herself, before her expression dropped. "and it was , just, so different..?"
"Good different?" Taylor asked, "see I told you!" she giggled, not giving her a chance to answer.
"I dunno.." Belly sighed, "and then, Jeremiah, Steven, and Matilda all came out-"
"Matilda?" Taylor asked, "who?"
"Oh, uh, she's been friends with the Fishers since she was small, and she's Conrad's..- Conrad's girlfriend." she sighed at the last part.
Taylor smiled at her friend sympathetically, "I'm sorry CinerBelly, but hey, now I can say ,I've always seen you with Jere, you should go for him, like he's wayyy better looking." she tried.
Belly shook her head, "it's just, it's always been Conrad, like..I dunno, but Matilda, she's such a bitch."
"Woah, why's she a bitch?" Taylor gasped, taken aback.
"She's just- she's just- like- earlier, she sat in my seat at dinner, and mom told me to stop being a baby!" Belly cried,
Taylor gave her a pointed look through the phone, "Belly. I don't think she is a bitch, you're just jealous babe. Look, you need to distract yourself. Where did they all go?"
"To this bonfire." Belly said,
"Why didn't you go?" Taylor asked, almost as if she was scolding her.
Belly scoffed, "like I care about a stupid bonfire, and well, it's not like I was invited anyway."
"Just go, they don't own the beach." Taylor snickered, applying some lipgloss.
" I guess , I was asked by a guy earlier.. " Belly began.
"Exactly! Go!" Taylor encouraged her.
Belly grimaced, "but I don't like that guy"
"So? I bet some hot ones will be there, like a certain Jeremiah Fisher! Get all dressed up, get in his, or any other guys eyelines, and there you go!" Taylor clapped proudly.
"I have nothing to wear. " Belly responded.
"Look in your duffle bag, I have gifted you my secret weapon. " Taylor smirked.
Belly wondered over to her duffel bag, and pulled out a tight, pink, mini dress.
Taylor grinned "not to keep though, just to borrow, obvs."
"No way in hell, am I wearing this!" Belly exclaimed, earning a pointed look from Taylor.
"Belly, nothings ever going to happen if you stay crying in your room all summer, in oversized sweats, waiting for the boys and Matilda to come home." Taylor stated

After a while of giggling, and arguing about thongs and there level of hygiene, Belly agrees to go.

She successfully sneaks past the moms, and off she trecks down to the beach.
———

Now, Steven and Shayla seem to be getting on really well, and involved in there own conversation, that meant Matilda and Conrad can have their own time.

Matilda moved her hands through his hair, making Conrad smile. He felt safe. "Con?" Matilda spoke.
"Hmm?" he hummed peacefully, while the fire crackled.
"You know about the debutante thing?" She asked, causing Conrad to look her in the eye curiously, "I kinda really wanna do it."
Conrad looked unsure, "Tills, you know I will support you in any choice you make. " he told her, hands gently stroking her waist, "I just - I dunno , it's a fancy like big thing. "
Matilda looked at him, " If it's because you don't want to take me I can find someone else?" she joked, causing Conrad to also jokingly raise an eyebrow.
"Oh yeah, like who?"
Matilda looked round, and pointed to some guy flexing his abs to a bunch of girls "him." she pointed, trying to be serious. Conrad and Matilda looked eachother in the eye for a solid second, before bursting out laughing.
"No chance, Tills. You're all mine." Conrad told her, looking her in the eye, before pulling her closer to him to kiss her.

Conrad placed one hand on her waist, and the other on her jaw. Matilda smiled, placing her hands on the back of his neck.
After a minute, Matilda pulled away, "Conrad." she breathed out, "I'd never go as a deb with someone other than you, you know that right?"
Conrad looked at her full of love, he laughed, "you're adorable."
Matilda looked bewildered, before she chuckled, "shut up!"
Conrad smiled, tilting her chin up to look at him as she was trying to look away, "I'll go with you." he nodded.
"Really?" Matilda grinned excitedly.
"I'd never not do anything for you, besides, it will be fun. " he smiled.
The two leaned back in, just kissing each-other, totally and utterly in love.
———

Belly walked onto the sand, seeing the glazing fire, and amount of people. She stood still, wrapping her arms around herself.

The guy who asked Belly to come earlier in the shops, walked over to her.
"Hey! Where did you come from?" he asked her, smirking a bit.
"Oh, uhm, another party." Belly nodded awkwardly.
"So. " the guy got closer, "you got a boyfriend back home?"
Belly's eyes lit up, as she saw Steven with Shayla. The two had just grabbed some drinks.
"Steven!" Belly called,
Steven stopped, causing Shayla to stop too.
"What are you doing here?" He asked, in pure confusion .
He walked over to his sister, Shayla following him.
"And what are you wearing?" he scoffed, looking angry with her.
The guy from the shop tensed up, as Belly tore his arm away from his grip. "I invited her, who the fuck are you?" he spat at Steven.
"I'm her brother." Steven said matter of factly, "and she's fifteen you pedo!" he spat back.
"I- I'm almost 16." Belly chuckled awkwardly.
"Oh, my bad. " the guy nodded at Steven, walking away.
"Christ Belly." Steven growled angrily, grabbing her arm.
The two bickered about who's more embarrassing as they walked.
"How am I embarrassing?!" Belly yelled, before she tripped, falling face first, landing infront of Matilda and Conrad who were making out.
"Belly?!" They both asked, looking at Belly, who was dusting sand of her.
Belly stood, looking mortified for a second.
" I thought you hated the girls in your school, especially the blondes? " Belly spat challengingly,
"What?" Conrad scoffed,
Matilda looked at Conrad, before looking back at Belly,
"How do you two even know eachother?" Belly asked.
Matilda looked baffled, "Con and I have been friends since we were kids, my mom and Susannah, they were friends-"
"Why don't you just go right on home to your mom then?" Belly blurted out, not knowing about Matilda's mom.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Belly?" Conrad asked, anger filled in his tone as Matilda sat speechless, looking as if she could cry.

Belly stood, and furrowed her eyebrows, genuinely confused.
Jeremiah, who had been one of the many watching the argument, came over, "Belly, c'mon, leave it." he said, gently grabbing her and dragging her away before she made the situation worse.
——

"Jere?" Belly spoke, looking as Conrad comforted Matilda, who looked genuinely hurt. " What I said, why-". she sighed. She knew there was more to what she said that upset Matilda, and she wanted to know what.

Jeremiah sighed, "Look, Bells, I know you didn't know, but uhm, Tilly's mom, Inez, actually died while Matilda was in middle school, and doesn't have the best relationship with her father. " he frowned, he remembered Inez clearly, she was always like an Aunt to him.

Belly's expression dropped, "shit."
Jeremiah nodded, "Yeah, shit. You didn't know though Belly, so just make sure you apologise."
Belly nodded, rubbing here forehead.
Suddenly, Steven and Shayla came over.
Jeremiah attempted to lighten the mood, "great! now we can all hang out!" he smiled.
Steven did infact not smile, neither did Belly.
"Nice job Belly." he told her, as he heard what Belly said to Matilda. "No, we can't all hang out. I'm taking her home."
"Steven Man, she's here now. Look, just go hang out with Shayla, okay?" Jere tried, trying to calm the situation.
Shayla nodded, "c'mon, just leave it." Shayla said softly.
Steven sighed, sending Belly a final sharp look
"Fine. Stay here, and don't talk to anybody" he stated, and then he walked of with Shayla.
"Okay, alright, chill. " Jeremiah nodded.
"FUCK YOU!" Belly yelled, flipping Steven off as he walked.
"Woah, woah, okay." Jeremiah chuckled. "Look for one , I'm so happy that you're here." Jeremiah smiled, causing Belly to go a bit pink, and smile at him.
"Jeremiah!" Gigi called, looking slightly irritated.
"Uhm, okay, I'll be right back!" Jeremiah nodded, running off, leaving Belly sighing.
———-
"Tills." Conrad tried, stroking her cheek, as she looked down on the sand.

"I'm fine, Con, really. " Matilda told him weakly,

"Matilda." Conrad spoke seriously, "I can read you like a book, c'mon. "

She looked up at him,
"I guess, it's just the sad thing is, she's right. I knew I'd be intruding if I came, but I don't have anyone to go home to do I?" she chuckled, rolling her eyes.

"Tills, you are not intruding. you're our family, my family. you don't need to go back for anyone, because you have me." Conrad told her, smiling at her warmly,

Matilda nodded, sniffling slightly. She looked up at him, " is it true though, what you said about girls in our school? - did you ever .. dislike me?" she asked.

"I said I hated girls in our school, but not you. I was on about that blonde cheer captain, Chloe." Conrad explained.

Matilda crackled a small smile, " she was obsessed with you ". She muttered,

"Too bad, because I was too busy being obsessed over you. " Conrad smirked,
Matilda looked him in the eye, and placed a kiss on his lips.
Conrad's hands remained on her jaw, "I never said anything about, hating blondes, though." Conrad rolled his eyes, mocking a high pitched voice.
Matilda laughed, kissing him again. Conrad smiled, kissing her back passionately.
The two finally pulled away,
" I'm gonna grab another drink, you want one?" Conrad asked,
"Con, another one? you've drunk a lot tonight already." Matilda reminded him gently.
"I'll only have one more beer. I promise. you want one?"
"No, I'm alright. " Matilda smiled gratefully.
"Okay, I'll be back love." Conrad replies, standing up, kissing her head, before wondering over to the drinks table.

Conrad chugs a few shots, before grabbing one to take back over to Matilda. Matilda noticed he is taking a while, it's been almost 15 minutes, so she gets up and walks to him.
"Connie?" Matilda tapped him, getting his attention.
"Hey gorgeous. " he replied, grinning widely.
He's drunk, and Matilda knows he is.
Suddenly, someone grabs the same beer Conrad had his hand on.
It's the same guy who was hitting on Belly!
"Asshole!" Conrad yelled at him, making him turn round.  "Give me my beer back!"
The guy turns round, scoffing at Conrad "No, man."
Conrad flies at him, "I said give it back ."
"What's your problem man? It's just a beer!" The guy tried reasoning, backing away slightly.
——
Belly hears the commotion, and cuts this sweet guy, Cam Cameron off , who she was talking to.

"I'll be back, okay?" she says " uh, stay here! " she runs off.
——
"No! I said give me my beer back!" Conrad demanded, tensing up.
"It's one beer."
Conrad tried getting at him.
"Conrad, stop, you're drunk." Matilda told him firmly,
she turns to the guy, "just give him his beer."
Conrad suddenly tried to square up to the guy again, and Matilda stood infront of him,  "Con, stop it. "
The guy smirked, teasing Conrad callously, " yeah, listen to your lady . "
"Shut the fuck up." Conrad growled, angry when the sicko brings up Matilda.
"Conrad, please, you are drunk!" Matilda starts again, not knowing what to do.
"I'm fine!" Conrad shook his head, moving her behind him.
Matilda shook her head, scratching the back of her neck, stressed.
"Don't take my fucking beer." Conrad yelled, shoving the guy so hard, now that Matilda was behind him instead.
"It's just a beer!" The guy yelled, starting this to wrestle Conrad.
"And it's my fucking beer!" Conrad bellowed. 
Matilda saw the guys arm reach up to punch Conrad in the face, as she quickly tried to grab his arm to avoid a Conrad facing a punch in the face, instead, the punch went flying, and Matilda got hit straight in the face with the guys elbow, causing her to fall straight to the floor.
"Tills!" Conrad yelled, in shock, and also anger,
as he went to run over to her to help her up, the guy shoved him in the stomach, so Conrad couldn't get to her.
"What the fuck is your problem man!?" Conrad growled, charging at him.
Matilda sat up, blood gushing out her nose.
"Guys stop!" Jeremiah yelled, rushing over at the sigh of his brother in a fight, and his honorary sister on the floor.
Belly bent down, "Matilda, are you okay?" she asked, helping her up. Matilda nodded.
At this point, Conrad at this random guy were in a solid fight, throwing punches and shoves.
Jeremiah finally managed to get inbetween the two, and shoved them apart.
Suddenly, blue lights swarmed the beach, and sirens wailed.
"THE COPS!" Many drunks yelled.
Jeremiah lightly pushed Conrad's chest, "get out of here." he told him.
Conrad looked round for Matilda, and Matilda looked for him. They finally found eachother, and held hands, before running with the rest of the crowd.
The guy flipped Conrad off one last time, before running.
Belly reached for Cams hand, and they ran a similar direction to Matilda and Conrad.
——
Jeremiah gently shoved Conrad into the car, "get in." he said, "legs, legs!"
Conrad got in, flopping into his seat. " yes, I know how to get into a car. " Conrad reminded his brother in irritation.
"Oh right, yes." Jeremiah responded in the same sarcastic tone.
Matilda slid in next to Conrad, allowing him to flop his head comfortably into her shoulder.
Jeremiah got into the drivers seat, shutting the door.
Belly and Cam stood outside the car, talking to each-other.
Jeremiah eyed the pair, jealousy twinging in his gaze.
"Belly." he cleared his throat firmly, "get in."
Belly smiled softly, "Cam can give me a ride home? Right Cam?"
"Oh yeah, that's no problem!" Cam nodded, smiling reassuringly.
Jeremiah scoffed, giving Cam a somewhat unkind look, "No. you're not gonna get into a car with someone you just met!" he argued.
Although Matilda thought he was being harsh, she got his point, so she stayed silent, soothing Conrad.
"Oh, I'm Cam! Cam Cameron." Cam introduced himself sweetly, putting his hand into the car for Jeremiah to shake , which he merely ignored.
"Hi, Cam!" Matilda said warmly, to make up for Jeres attitude.  Conrad also drunkly nodded at Cam, waving for a split second.
"Your name is Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah snickered, raising a brow.
Matilda kicked the back of his seat harshly,  he was so jealous , and she thinks he should just spit out that he's into her.
"Nah. It's just Cam!" Can chuckled awkwardly, retreating his hand. "But we actually know eachother, 7th grade, so we aren't total strangers!"
Jeremiah rolled his eyes, and chuckled sarcastically "Okay, no offence, but no. Belly get in the car."
Cam sighed awkwardly in defeat, and turned to Belly, "you should probably go, but uh, the wailing boat I intern on, it leaves at dawn every morning, from the pier. I was just wondering if .. you .. wanted to come?" he asked shyly.
Belly's face lit up, " I mean, how else would you get your hoodie back right ?" she joked, giggling brightly, referring to the oversized jumper she had draped over her.
"It's true!" Cam also laughed, although the whole interaction felt ever so awkward. The fact Jeremiah was glaring daggers into the guy probably didn't help.
It was silent for a moment.
Belly smiled, and the two awkwardly leant in for a kiss.
Jeremiah looked away, his face twisted sourly .
Belly smiled, and then jumped into the car next to Jeremiah.
"Right, bye!" Can waved, as the car drove.
Matilda thought for a moment, then her eyes widened. "Jeremiah!" she exclaimed. Jeremiah looked confused, before he slammed the breaks. "SHIT! WE FORGOT STEVEN!" he exclaimed.
"Tilly, keep looking after Conrad, keep an eye on Bells too. I'll be back!" he nodded, dashing off to find Steven.
"You know, I always loved your hair. " Conrad spoke croakily,
Belly's breathing hitched, thinking he was talking to her.
"Especially when it goes so wavy, like after being at the beach." he chuckled, "it looks like your hair when we were kids, all wavy."
Belly's smile faded, she doesn't have wavy hair, and of course he would be talking about Matilda.
Matilda smiled warmly at him, while Conrad played with the ends of hair. "Shh, you're drunk ,Con."  she told him in a soothing tone.
"Drunk words can be sober thoughts." Conrad smiled weakly, kissing her jaw, then leaning back on her shoulder. Matilda chuckled, leaning in closer to him so he could smell her perfume.
"Tills-" Conrad began.
Suddenly there was a thump on the window, making everyone jump.
"Have you kids been drinking tonight?" an officer asked.
The three teens all looked at eachother, not knowing what to do.
———
"Officers, thank you. " Laurel said every so politely, "it won't happen again I can promise that much."

One of the officers smiled, "tell Mr Fisher the chief wants to set up a tea time when he gets back in town."

"Absolutely." Laurel nodded, "Sorry again for all the trouble. Have a good night, officers. "she apologised, seeing the officers out.

Laurel turned back round, Jeremiah, Steven, and Belly all stood in one of the arches, while Conrad and Matilda sat next to them on the bench.

"How could you guys be so irresponsible?!" Laurel asked, flying one arm up in disbelief.

Steven stepped forward, "Mom, it wasn't a big deal, the cops were just looking to break up the bonfire."

"Not a big deal?" Laurel asked, raising a brow sternly at her son.

"Yes." Steven grumbled, avoiding her gaze.

"I'd say getting picked up by the cops because of underage drinking is a pretty big deal Steven." Laurel argued, folding her arms.

Conrad scoffed under his breathe.

Steven suddenly started sniffing, and then looked up at his mom, "were you guys smoking tonight?" he laughed slightly ,in disbelief.
Conrad looked Laurel dead in the eye, he could smell the pot easily.
"What?" Laurel stammered quietly, before her expression went firm again, "keep your voice down! Susannah's asleep on the couch!"

Matilda noticed something in Conrad's expression twisted, like pissed to anxious?

Stevens mouth opened in disbelief, "what?! I wasn't yelling, you- you - you were , I-"

Jeremiah interrupted , "just so you know, Laurel, I- I didn't drink tonight, I was the DD - Matilda, she didn't drink either." he tried, attempting to ease the situation.

"You're the oldest." Laurel pointed at Conrad harshly, " what the hells gotten into you? "
Conrad's pulled a face at her.

"And when did you leave the house without telling anybody?" Laurel asked Belly, "and what in THE WORLD, are you wearing?" she gestured to her short dress.

"It's Taylor's." Belly grumbled, then she looked up, her eyebrows knitting, and her voice raised, "and why am I the only one not allowed to go out?!"

Laurel sighed, "it's not that you're not allowed, it's that you should've told us you were going!" she explained, "how did you even get there?"

"I walked." Belly muttered guiltily.

Laurel gasped, looking astonished. "Jesus."
"You know better than to walk down that far down the beach, that late at night!"

"Can you stop treating me like a kid?!" Argued belly,

"If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one. " Laurel shook her head.

Conrad spoke up, "Well, you guys should be too?"

"What does that mean?" Laurel asked, staring at him.

Matilda rubbed circles around Conrad's hand. He backed down from Laurel, looking away.

Laurel sighed, "I hope you guys realise, this night could have ended a lot differently if your family, wasn't your family."

"We're so sorry Laurel." Matilda responded softly,
"Sorry." Steven grumbled,
"Sorry Laur." Jeremiah nodded.
"Sorry." Belly muttered,
"Just- just go to bed, guys." Laurel told them in defeat.
The teens all started to head of in relief.
"Conrad." Laurel spoke.
Matilda carried on upstairs, leaving the two to have their conversation.
"I don't understand what is going on with you." she told him sadly.
Conrad looked her in the eye. Laurel, Conrad had always adored so much, and as a kid he would always follow her round, finding peace in her kind nature. As much as he wanted to tell her, tell her what he knew, he just couldn't.
"Nothing." he breathed out. "Nothings going on."
Conrad began to walk off,
"What, Connie?-" Laurel tried, but he didn't listen.

Conrad walked into the living room, he looked down at his Mom, sleeping on the couch.
He gulped, tears filling his eyes as he pulled a blanket over his mom. he stared at her sadly for a few seconds, before he walked back upstairs.

-

Matilda sat on Conrad's bed, in her pjs, flipping through her phone.
Conrad entered the room slowly, and Matilda turned of her phone, smiling warmly at him, instantly cheering him up a bit.
"You okay?" she asked, looking intently at him as he walked over and sat next to her.
His voice was raspy, as he managed his best "mhm"
"Conrad?" Matilda whispered gently, her voice full of worry. She moved over so she was directly Infront of him, and saw the tears in his eyes. Conrad tried to move his face away, so she didn't see him like this.
"Oh Connie." she frowned, gently pulling him into a hug.
He clung onto her tightly, sobbing into her shoulder.
After a few minutes of just trying to sooth him, he calmed down slightly.
"Con, what is it?" she asked.
He pulled away from her shoulder, his eyes all puffy.
"It's nothing." he smiled weakly at her.
"Con, you didn't just cry into my shoulder because of nothing, please, talk to me." Matilda pleaded,
"Tills-" Conrad began shakily.
No.
He couldn't do it.
It was selfish of him to tell her this, and ruin her summer. Conrad thought.
Now was not the time.
" it's nothing, it's just been a lot lately, after I found about about my Dad cheating." he told her, and it wasn't entirely a lie.
Yes, Conrad found out his Dad cheated on his Mom when she was going through chemotherapy years ago. They don't know Conrad found out, and Matilda was the only one he told about it.
"And- I guess the drinks aren't helping." he merely chuckled.
Matilda smiled sadly at him, "I know, Con. You know you can always talk to me, right?"
Conrads lips curved into a tiny smile, she could always make him feel better.
"Thanks." he replied quietly, his smile shy.
The two lied down, facing eachother under the covers.
"Hey, I'm sorry about that-" Conrad sighed, gently stroking the bruise on Matilda's face from when she tried to help him earlier.
Matilda shook her head. "It's okay." she reassured him gently.
"Does it hurt?" he questioned her, his gaze full of care, but also guilt, as he knows this wouldn't of happened if he didn't get into a fight.
"Not anymore." Matilda told him, grabbing his hands as a reassurance.
After a few moments of comfortable silence, Matilda spoke up, "it kinda looks badass. y'know, like Harry Potter typa stuff, with his lighting bolt." she shrugged quietly.
A smile grew into Conrad's face, as he couldn't help but chuckle as his girlfriends childishness but also positivity. " mhm, okay ,Potter. " he smiled.
Matilda grinned, as she lied her head on his chest, comfortably, and Conrad immediately wrapped his arm around her. They both got peacefully comfortable for the night.

————

Liked by; ConradFisher, ShaylaWang, and 80 more.
MatildaLockwood: Salt air, and the rust on your door <3

comments;
ConradFisher: you kinda look like my gf? weird!
➥ MatildaLockwood: I bet this gf of urs is stunning then
      ➥ ConradFisher: Oh yeah, she is trust me

ConradFisher: never have I ever needed anything more
➥ MatildaLockwood: YOU KNOW THE WORDS TO A TAYLOR SWIFT SONG?
   ➥ MatildaLockwood: @JereFisher @ShaylaWang @StevenConklin !!
       ➥ JereFisher: yet he pretends he isn't a Swiftie?
          ➥ ShaylaWang: Conrads deffo secretly blasting Folklore rn as we speak
              ➥ StevenConklin: Conrad, explain🤨
➥ ConradFisher: what if I told you I hated you all? 😁
➥ MatildaLockwood: thought you were gonna sing mastermind for a sec😔😔 and I know u don't hate me
➥ ConradFisher: ur so right. I love u tills
➥ JereFisher: Conrad I'm telling mom ab the party ❤️
                                      ➥ ConradFisher: snitches get stitches! 😁
                                        ➥ ShaylaWang: @ConradFisher: that's fine bc I love ur gf

ShaylaWang: Literally breathe taking ❣️
➥ MatildaLockwood: All you my lovelyyy
     ➥ ShaylaWang: Ugh, let's get tg already?
        ➥MatildaLockwood: real???
            ➥ ConradFisher: @ShaylaWang wtf, no?
                ➥ StevenConklin: @MatildaLockwood omw      to fight u😁

VioletZubery: summer glow <3
➥ VioletZubery: we miss u - Vi & Char 💕
     ➥ MatildaLockwood: yet u glow all yr round 🫶🏻
         ➥ MatildaLockwood: missing u both always❣️
             ➥ StevenConklin: Ohhh, so this is Violet and Charlie?
                   ➥ MatildaLockwood: Yeahh
                        ➥ CharlieAnderson: The one and only!
                            ➥ JereFisher: but there's 2 of u?🤨
                               ➥ VioletZubery: We rly cant catch a break from u Jere, can we? 😭
                                     ➥ JereFisher:no🤗❤️

NicoleRichardson: Beautiful, Matilda🫶🏾
➥ MatildaLockwood: 🪞🪞 you!!

Marisaa: SLAYED
➥ I feel honoured, Marisa🤭

GigiB0uch: 💕💕
❤️ by creator

JereFisher: Yeah yeah, you look alr ig, but where's my photo creds for that cute little last picture you posted?
➥ ShaylaWang: Real, where's mine for the first pic?
  ➥ JereFisher: I say we sue?
    ➥ ShaylaWang: I agree, this is a serious issue 🤝
      ➥ MatildaLockwood: I can only sincerely apologise😢🤞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 866 41
Every summer the Conklins would go to the Fisher's beach house, Juliette Kennedy often joined the family's vacations. But this summer was different t...
1.5K 90 4
━━ 🌞 πƒπ€π˜π‹πˆπ†π‡π“ Β² ❛ In which, 𝐄π₯π₯𝐒𝐞 π…π’π¬π‘πžπ« and 𝐁𝐞π₯π₯𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐀π₯𝐒𝐧's love is golden, like daylight. (And lasts just as long.)...
2.2K 59 7
Party two to daylight. A story in which the beloved beach house is at risk of being lost after the death of Susannah Fisher. What will happen when M...
13.1K 199 17
emmy conklin had been going to the summer house in cousins ever since she was born, and every summer she'd go there and fall even deeper in love with...