CRAVING

By _x_a_r_a_l_

It all started out well. Loving boyfriend, my mom healing from cancer, supporting friends and a good job. Scr... More

Chapter one
Chapter two.
Chapter three
chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen

Chapter eight

14 1 0
By _x_a_r_a_l_

Hey. Talk to me please.

I didn't mean to shout at you like that.

Let's fix this.

I'm really sorry baby.

Camila. Please stop putting me on read. Let's talk.

I love you.

I stared at the phone for the sixth time before frowning and putting it back in my apron.

If Rafael really needs us to fix this, he gotta do more than just send me text messages. Like damn! Who even does that? He needs to be more realistic.

" If you continue serving the customers with that gloomy face, they won't think twice before walking out of the door." Reina said as I placed the tray of food remainings on the counter.

I huffed noisily and entered the kitchen premises.

" Okaaaaaay, you really need to tell me what's going on?" She said, a concerned look on her face as she walked beside me.

" It's just this whole relationship thingy. It's making me feel weird and shitty. "

Reina let out a hysterical giggle and stood before me, stopping my movements.

" What did Rafael do?"

" He accused me of drooling over some biker."

" Were you?"

" What?"

" Drooling over him? Was he cute though?"

" Reina! I'm serious here! "

" Sorry. " She replied sarcastically.

" Well," my mind drifted back to the time I saw Luca get off his bike. He did it so majestically. There was a type of confidence he portrayed that pulled me in.

Reina nudged my shoulder drifting me from my reverie.

" What?" I stared blankly.

" You are blushing!" She giggled.

" Fuck off!" I pushed her away and returned to the counter to take other orders. Gosh! She's truly Mia's dopple ganger. I could hear her footsteps following behind me.

" Do you remember the guy who stood up for me the other day?" I asked.

" No wayyyyyyyyy. You were drooling over-"

I quickly placed my hand over her mouth before she could finish the sentence.

" If you want me to continue, you gotta keep your mouth shut." I whispered.

She raised her hands in surrender and nodded. A wicked grin played on her lips after I removed my hand.

" Turns out he is the new recruit in the Vipers."

" What! " She shouted.

" Yeah. "

" But how?"

I shrugged and took the orders brought by the other waitress and handed them to one of the chef.

" That's really-"

Reina didn't get to finish her statement before another waitress walked up to me.

" Camila. There's a certain customer in table four who craves your service." She said .

"What?"

She just shrugged and walked away. I looked back at Reina who just threw me a your problem not mine look and walked away.

Running my hand through my apron, I took the notebook and walked over to table four. The person I saw made me to slightly move
back. What is he doing here?

He was busy typing away in his laptop, with books scattered all over the table. His muscles flexed every time he typed a word.

Catching my breath, I approached him and stood in front of his table.

" You inquired for my services. What can I do for you sir?" I said nonchantly.

He slightly raised his face, his mesmerizing black eyes coming into contact with mine and smiled warmly.

" Good afternoon to you too Camila. I've been great by the way. I slept very well last night. In fact, I slept like a baby." He beamed.

I rolled my eyes and held on the notebook in one hand and used the other one to pass him the menu.

" Someone's really in a bad mood this early afternoon. Let me guess, boyfriend trouble again?" He asked, a wicked grin on his face.

" Luca. I'm kinda busy and don't have time for small chat. Could you just order up and I'll be on my way to get you what you want."

" Someone's on their period." He murmured silently in a way that only us two could hear.

I sent him a deadly glare but he just chuckled and ran his eyes through the menu.

I took my time to scrutinize the books that were scattered on the table. Mainly, they were of drawings. One had a drawing of the a magnificent house that looked to good to be on paper, the other one had the drawings of a beautiful sunset disappearing at the edge of the ocean.

" You drew this?" I asked.

" Curious?" He raised a brow and stared up at me.

" No. Have you finished checking out the menu?" He only chuckled and shook his head.

" I'll have anything you think I would like."

" But I don't even know what you like. What if you are allergic to it?"

" Well, I'll tell you then."

I groaned loudly, making an old woman in table five to send me a curious look. I forced a smile and took the menu from Luca and strolled back to the kitchen.

" One cup of Espresso." I said through the counter. I waited patiently for it to be made as I stared at where Luca was working. He was scribbling something in his book and seemed to be in deep thoughts. He looked so peaceful and was unaware of the world around him. Suddenly, his eyes caught mine and a broad smile formed on his face. I averted my eyes from his and faced the counter. I swear I could feel his eyes burning on my back.

"Thank you." I said to the barista and walked over to where he was.

" Could you stop that. " I groaned once I reached his table.

" Stop what?"

" Staring. It's making me uncomfortable." I replied placing down the Espresso.

His smile widden and a spark lit up his eyes as he looked at me.

" You got me my favourite." What?

"Really?"

"Mmmmmh. It's even tastier than the ones I have in other restaurants." He said, closing his eyes in satisfaction.

"It's my favourite too. Especially in the morning." A smile formed on my face for the first time today.

" Kidding?"

I shook my head and folded my arms across my chest as he continued savouring the taste.

" Soooooo, you a painter or something?" I asked looking at the books.

"I thought you were not curious." He said placing his palms under his chin.

"Don't use my words against me." I scoofed.

He only chuckled and faked a surrender.

" Okay ma'am. I work at the Herla gallery. I paint or draw and they are portrayed at the gallery for potential buyers."

"Surprised?" He noticed my stricken face.

" Totally. A biker and still this? Isn't it hard to keep up both?"

A sense of pride took over him.

" Ever heard of one can't serve two masters baby? Turns out my mind is so extra ordinary that not only can it serve two masters, but also several."

Baby? Jeeez.

"Cool." Cool?

"Cool?"he asked, an eyebrow raised.

" Yeah. It's cool. I mean you are accomplishing your dream."

He only shrugged.Did I strike a nerve? He seemed distant as he started typing on his laptop. What I said bothered him.

" I gotta get back to work." I said, sensing my presence isn't needed anymore .

Luca didn't say anything but just nodded his head. His mind wrapped up in whatever he is doing.

When I returned to the counter, Reina came to me, worry reading on her face.

" What's wrong?" I asked, searching her eyes.

" The manager requests for your presence in his office." She says. What?

" How long was that exactly?" I asked.

" Two minutes ago? I don't actually know Camila. The expression he held scared the shit out of me. I'm scared for you." I could see the honesty in her eyes as she stared back at me.

" Don't be. Maybe something positive will come out of this." I assured.

" Just go. Don't give me the positive vibes right now." She said, rolling her eyes.

She walked behind the bars as I straighten my uniform, letting out a big sigh. As I was about to walk away, I caught Luca looking at me, concern written all over his face. He was now standing and walking towards me when I quickly paced towards the manager's office before he could catch up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 14.3K 46
[𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗]☕︎ ♔︎#1 in Mafialove [3 Feb 23] ♔︎#1 in Newadult [2 June 23] ♔︎#1 in Affection [15 Sep. 22] ♔︎#2 in Eroticromance [16 April 23] ♔...
460K 13K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
30.3K 1K 48
"Why? Why me?" I said. Why is it my fate that has to be upside down? "You should be happy. Every women will die to be in your place." The jerk in fro...
1.8M 80.2K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...