Magic of the All Hallows Eve

By LevyFischer

One change in decision can alter your life in many ways. What will happen when a decision changes the fateful... More

Prologue
The Fateful Night
Unfolding the Truth
The Truth behind the Truce
The Boy Who Lived
Off to Hogwarts
Talks with a Hat
Burning down a Snake
Off my broom!
Duels and drenches
The Little Trip
Trick or Troll!
The Pen Friends
Meeting Mr. Death
A Yule Ball?!
Yes, a freaking Fudgy Ball
The Charlatan Stone
More Duels?! No!
Chasing Moldyshorts
Wands and Villas
Salazar Slytherin
Sight of a Sorcerer?
I see it, I don't - Part 1
I see it, I don't - Part 2
Emotional wreck
Nev's speculations
Foe of the Forces
The Hunter of Souls

Harry meets Blaze

53 1 1
By LevyFischer

Harry was walking down the stairs when he stopped and turned back. Mr. Wyvern wasn't following him around. He kneeled on one knee and half-bowed while still facing Mr. Wyvern. Mr. Wyvern slowly came near him and caressed his head with Harry's chin.

"§ Master §", he heard the wyvern.

"§ How can I hear you, Mr. Wyvern? §", Harry asked, bewildered. 

"§ You speak of the old tongue, my friend. Every serpentine creature will understand you §", he answered slowly.

"§ What should I name you, Mr. Wyvern? §"

"§ Us serpentines could not care less about our names. Anything that suits you will be fine with me §"

"§ So you are blessed with both a demon and a God of fire? §"

He grunted in agreement while licking his cheek with his serpent tongue.

"§ And by Death himself for a fang of the coldest ice §", the wyvern slowly added.

"§ Really?! But how? Both will cancel each other right? §"

For this, he just mildly shook his head. Harry had heard they were more silent creatures, unlike their loud and ferocious cousins.

"§ I was earlier thinking about the name Blaze but —§", he was interrupted by the wyvern caressing his chin again.

"Okay then Blaze, let's meet my parents", and Blaze jumped to glide down the stairs effortlessly.

"So what you're saying is that it wasn't enough that he was attacked as a —", but when she saw Blaze. . .

"HARRY JAMES POTTER!! Come down this instant!", she shouted at the top of her lungs.

"I was coming down already, Mom. Mom, Dad, meet my new friend, Blaze", he said in a happy tone.

"This ain't a prank or anything, Pup? Cuz if it is, and in Merlin's name Dumbledore joined you to it. . . ", Uncle Paddy said, who probably had come for dinner.

"Well, this time, it feels more like a prank on me. But no, it ain't. And do you think I'll make something look as adorable as Blaze is just for a prank? Aren't you magnificent?", and he stroked Blaze's chin as he said so.

"Yeah Pup he is", Sirius said grinning from ear to ear, despite the face of utter disbelief evident on his face.

"Can I touch him, Harry?", Lily asked, a lot calmer now. 'Oh the anger of my Lily Potter née Evans — comes as fast as lightning but goes as fast too', James thought and chuckled to himself.

Harry said something to Blaze in that hissing sound again and he nodded.

"You have to kneel down on one knee and half-bow—"

"I very well have read Fantastic Beasts, Harry Potter", she huffed and kneeled. Harry encouraged Blaze who then caressed Lily's cheek with his head.

"He's so cute", she said when both the male Potters replied, "Then who are we? Next-door neighbours?", to which everyone shared a good laugh.

Slowly, Blaze became the centre of all the affection in the room. That was until Harry silently nudged him to light up Sirius's hair, and to supposedly extinguish it, everyone drenched Sirius in water which surprisingly smelled like dung.

"You just see, Potter. I'm gonna get you back on this"

"I will take care of your license, Harry. But only for now. Afterwards, you have to go to Romania for a summer to learn about dragons and wyverns to get your real license"

"Yes, sir. Can I bring Blaze to Hogwarts? Please?", and he pleaded with his signature perfect puppy eyes.

"Of course, Harry. I dare say you could convince Professor Snape with such pleading eyes", and then after a hearty talk and dinner, each one of them slowly parted.

"Where will your new pet sleep now?", Lily asked, smiling at Blaze.

"We can adjust him here somewhere, but. . . Isn't he a fire wyvern?", James asked him.

"Kinda. He can sleep with me", Harry answered in an assuring tone.

"What about a nice cozy bed in a basket? But we need to make them fire-proof"

With that, the next hour was spent in finding the coziest of blankets and a basket to make a nest for the wyvern. Harry was glad that both he and the Professor had conveniently forgot to tell his parents about Blaze's actual size.

After making a large and cozy end for Blaze, they took him to Harry's room. After the parents were satisfied and left the room, Blaze asked Harry,

"§ Friend, your weyr seems to be pretty lively, don't you think? §", he asked from his bed.

"§ Yeah, they are always like that. And now, you too are an important part of our weyr §", Harry answered, looking into his eyes and smiling.

"§ 'Tis so different than the Ancient Age, you know. Our fires are much larger inside and 'tis easier to breathe §", he said happily.

"§ That's great, Blaze. 'Night §"

"§ Good Night, Friend §", and they both slept peacefully, with Harry being so overjoyed that he was so effortlessly called a friend by one of the most beautiful and strong creatures in the world.

- - - NEXT DAY - - -

The next day he was woken up in the most cute way possible. Blaze had gone on top of his bed and caressed his face till he woke up, grinning wide.

"§ Good morning, Blaze §"

"§ Good morning, Friend §", he said and licked his cheek while flaunting his big wings despite his small form.

"Let's go down, shall we?"

Harry ws really happy that Blaze was accepted by his family so fast. And Blaze was really growing on them too. Although James's idea of Blaze cooking the food was admonished kindly by Lily, still the way he sat on the chair and spread his wings in the table, added with an apron, was such a happy memory that Harry took out his colour WizEye 2.7 and clicked a photo.

He had read about the diets of wyverns, no matter how small, included raw or burnt meat. And therefore, today they were enjoying mutton chops, steak and bacon to their heart's content. Although a bit grossed out at Blaze's eating habits, Lily was quite happy seeing the way Harry and Blaze were having fun with each other.

"Mom, can we go on a flying trip at the estate today?", Harry asked her.

"Can't see why not", she answered. After James left, she took Harry and the small wyvern into the estate's grasslands. They rarely came here however, though it was rather well kept by the excellent enchantments on the place.

"It was originally the garden of your great-great-I-don't-know-how-much-great grandfather, Linfred of Stinchcombe. He used to grow wonderful plants on these gardens so as to brew potions to help the people of the village. He is credited with brewing a number of very important potions, including the first predecessors of Skele-gro and Pepper-up potions", she said as the walked towards the building.

"Then how didn't he break the statute? And how small is the village!", Harry asked.

"That was in the twelfth century, Harry. And the village had its ups and downs in the time. Its population is now just near 300"

"That is real small", Harry simply said.

"We can't save everybody everytime now, can we?", Lily soothingly said.

"From what Dad told me, Linfred's son married the granddaughter of Ignotus Peverell, the creator of the Invisibility Cloak we still have. But the family history is interesting, but a bit useless too. Like how my father got the middle name froma a man of the American branch of our family, Charlus Potter, who happened to marry Dorea Black and get related to Uncle Sirius, and that's how my father and Uncle Paddy were long-range cousins. What use is that?"

"Just a bit of spending your leisure on a boring afternoon", Lily said, chuckling.

"§ In a wyvern weyr, however, you are encouraged to mate with wyverns of different weyrs, the only criteria being not of different species, of course §", Blaze said as they stopped at a place high enough that Lily could see at least a few miles away.

"§ So, Blaze, can you give me an idea of how big are you? §"

"§ In your units, Friend, my normal size is around 11 metres while my full-power size — one which can only be invoked by a power ritual, is 30 metres §"

"§ That's too much §"

"§ But it can be really helpful to fight ancient demons and Gods §"

"Okay let it be. Blaze, please grow to your normal size for me", Harry said and he felt like his closest estimates too were bewildering him.

He was simply huge. He couldn't fathom what nearly three times that size would mean. All his features were much sharper now. His scales were as big as Harry's thumbs, his green eyes with the vertical slit was just breathtaking. His horns and blades on his head looked magnificent, and the magnificent wings — over 50 feet surely — and huge talons!

Lily was first almost going to admonish Harry for keeping Blaze's actual size a secret, but then instead she just awed at the magestic beast in front of her. And to think he was more tamed than Padfoot was something you couldn't wrap your head around.

"Come on, Mum. Get on him", Harry said as he went and sat on Blaze's back, being careful not to hurt him. Lily climbed on top of him too and held on to him for her life's worth as the magnificent beast soared through the sky. It was really different than a broom, you didn't have anywhere to hold onto but you could just soar so high without the least of efforts. How did these creatures obey aerodynamics and lift? But she sighed and said, "When you believe in magic, trying to sense how these beasts can fly or breath fire is utter useless", to which Harry laughed and nodded.

They flew over the plains and forests for over an hour before softly landing on their hill again. The hill was visible to the muggles as just a hill with a small abandoned tower on it, known as Stinchcombe hill, but if you knew that Potter Estate is located at Stinchcombe Hill, you'd see the humble yet huge Potter Manor.

It was smaller than the Malfoys' — which was comparable to a palace, but was much more useful than just being a warehouse of Dark people and objects. It had 10 luxurious suites, 15 guest bedrooms, a floor totally dedicated to various aspects of potions studies, an enclosed magical pool, a brilliant ball room and 30 rooms that could be structured according to needs. Along with the dungeons of course, which had the best breweries in the magical community.

It was thoroughly magical, with each owner adding some more enchantments to it. You could tell a room to grow bigger, smaller collapse into the adjacent rooms, re-align furniture — simply, according to Lily, 'The epitome of laziness!'

Lily thought that maybe it was time that James use his inheritance to full potential.

A/N: The Potter's origin is available on Harry Potter fandom and the wizarding world website. As for the Manor, do you really think that the Potters — who are credited so many times for discovering many globally used potions and Fleamont discovering Sleakeazy, will own nothing else but a cottage and galleons?

Sure, they don't have that many kids and have a history in Godric's Hollow. But they are seen as people who are cozy not to flaunt their wealth — which does not mean not to accumulate their wealth. I could go on with reasons for this, but yeah, I won't be exaggerating the Potter wealth like owning quarter of the world's estates or anything, but they sure are millionaires come to think of what they have done in the past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 224 20
Voldemort has returned and a second wizarding war is beginning. Raven awakes from his coma and has a new goal set in his mind: saving his mother. He...
156 20 13
On the night of October 31, 1981, Lord Voldemort spares Lily Potter's life, but fails to kill young Harry. Become a widow, Lily is forced to hide wit...
496K 12.4K 43
- I heard a faint 'Yes' and I immediately recognized his voice. It penetrated every atom of my body and I felt like I would explode if I just took on...
863 54 1
What if Halloween of 1981 had played out differently? What if, instead of going straight after James and Lily, Voldemort had chosen to attack Hogwart...