The Pen Friends

Term ended with Harry at first place in class, still not on talking terms with his honourary bro Neville, but understood his reason. Neville had made friends with Hannah Abbot and Susan Bones, and liked spending time with them practically the whole day. It was a good change of pace for him, seeing as he helped Professor Sprout a lot and stayed happy instead of being alone as Harry was.

Aside from the dubious prank by his Dad to paint his whole room gold, he was practically laughing the whole day when he came back home. It was all about the prank he had done to the whole school on the last day of term.

The very next day, Uncle Paddy and Moony joined at breakfast. Harry was overjoyed. He'd eaten so many times alone that he forgot the pleasures of a family banter. It was much more peaceful and commonplace than the absurdities ranging in the Great Hall. Seamus blowing off his face, Ron singing the praise of the Canons (*cough *cough Losers *cough *cough), the older people doing their jobs at embarassing others and the girls giggling and laughing as always.

He was eating his food peacefully when the banter suddenly ended as if it was thoroughly planned and they suddenly turned their attention to Harry.

"Hey Harry! You know what! James told me you haven't tried to impress a single girl!", Sirius said in mock horror at which Harry's soup suddenly entered the wrong pipe.

"Come on Padfoot, stop doing that or otherwise he'll choke to death before doing so", Moony said which actually didn't help either.

"Alright Harry. You know what? I hear that you have lived up to the Marauders' name and gave them a term end to remember", Sirius said and everyone chuckled.

Ah, so the big time prank on the last day of term. He had taken it upon himself to contact the Weasley pranksters to set up a big time prank. 27 parchments, Harry's magical origami and the twins' sound effects, along with the flair of ridiculously real animation, the whole school was quite awed at the display.

Before realising the dungbombs blasted as the animations drew to a close.

"Who all did execute the plan?", Moony asked him.

"Well, I did the majority of the animations, while the twins added the sounds. They are ridiculously good at mimicry you know. 

I animated the chimeras, dragons and stuff and then transfigured them into innocent pieces of parchment on the floor", he said to a fit of giggles of everyone, 

"and then I told Fred and George Weasley of third year, who also happen to have the M&M v1, to place them underneath each table — no house animosity. Then they flicked their wands innocently and the rest is mentionable in Hogwarts: A History", he said proudly.

"So I take it you and the Weasley twins are close?", Moony asked. Harry immediately caught wind of where the conversation was heading to. Immediately calculating what would happen in his response's response, and what would he respond with, he lost tail of the conversation again.

"Harry?", Lily asked expectantly.

"Well, we are different pranking empires. They are old and classical, while I'm the new and innovative. The Marauder Gen 2 and the Weasley's Wheezes have made valuable alliances over time. We have been allies in many multi-layer plans and have shared treaties of non-targeting each other", he said in an aristocratic voice perfectly mimicking the Fudge Minister.

And added a brilliant and graceful bow, of course.

"Brilliant!", they said clapping.

He finished his breakfast and went to his room quietly. The secret order from the owner of Flourish and Blotts arrived at his window pane as he had told. It was a really rare book, for which he had to save aside a lot from his trust vault and put in ridiculous bets, but it was worth the cause.