Keep To The Script (Complete)

By TheresaLambe

Judith Queen, pen name: JD Queen, was a 40-year-old who had just dropped her debut novel and wallowed in desp... More

~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 2 ~
~ Chapter 3 ~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~ Chapter 5 ~
~ Chapter 6 ~
~ Chapter 7 ~
~ Chapter 8 ~
~ Chapter 9 ~
~ Chapter 10 ~
~ Chapter 11 ~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~ Chapter 13 ~
~ Chapter 14 ~
~ Chapter 15 ~
~ Chapter 16 ~
~ Chapter 17 ~
~ Chapter 18 ~
~ Chapter 19 ~
~ Chapter 20 ~
~ Chapter 21 ~
~ Chapter 22 ~
~ Chapter 23 ~
~ Chapter 24 ~
~ Chapter 25 ~
~ Chapter 26 ~
~ Chapter 27 ~
~ Chapter 28 ~
~ Chapter 29 ~
~ Chapter 30 ~
~ Chapter 31 ~
~ Chapter 32 ~
~ Chapter 33 ~
~ Chapter 34 ~
~ Chapter 35 ~
~ Chapter 36 ~
~ Chapter 37 ~
~ Chapter 39 ~
~ Chapter 40 ~
~ Chapter 41 ~
~ Chapter 42 ~
~ Chapter 43 ~
~ Chapter 44 ~
~ Chapter 45 ~

~ Chapter 38 ~

32 1 0
By TheresaLambe

            "I know. Is that a bad thing?" Judith looked up from her screen and over at him. She took a sip of her coffee, waiting for him to clear his mouth.

"No, not at all. Just reminding you. I think there were some red carpet things or something."

"Or something," she repeated, shaking her head at him.

"I meant, are you ready?" Judith adjusted her laptop after she sat her coffee down and then paused.

"Why are you asking if I'm ready?" Finishing his quick breakfast, he pushed his bowl away and leaned on the table, looking at her carefully.

"Because you're going. Red carpet means all fancy."

"I've seen celebrities not all dolled up," she muttered, and he laughed.

"Sure, some don't. but most do. And given that the higher-ups are going to be around, they're going to make it fancy. Dresses, black ties, you know, looking good for the brand."

"I'm not the actors." He reached over and took her hands, rubbing his thumb over the back of it.

"No, you aren't Judith, you're just the writer of the book. But believe me when I say, you will be there. They will want you there. There will be photographers and interviewers. I'm sure they will want to talk to you." She swallowed, hard. This was not what she wanted to hear. She had already faded into the background quite a bit, why would she be anywhere near front and center now?

"I think you're wrong Angel. I don't think anyone would want me there." He snorted. Standing up, he stretched and shook his head.

"I can't make you believe anything, but again, I know this world. I'm part of it, you're not." She licked her lips, knowing he didn't mean that in a harsh way, but it still hurt. Okay, maybe she wanted it to hurt and maybe she read it the wrong way. Because she really did know he was probably right. And so far, her wants in not being anywhere near that spotlight had been trampled on.

Next time someone asked if she wanted her book made into a movie, she was saying sure, and giving them free rein. Well, no, she really wouldn't, but she would think twice about jumping at such a chance. This was all the parts she hated. With a groan, she rubbed her forehead.

"I don't like you," she mumbled, rolling her eyes at his laugh. He placed a kiss on the top of her head as he walked back to her room.

"Don't hate me because I'm the one reminding you. You knew damn good and well it was coming too. Besides, don't you want to play dress up, see me all decked out, and be my date?" That had her up and out of the seat and high-tailing back to her room.

"You're date?"

"Mmhmm," he told her as he slipped his shirt on, covering up his naked and glorious chest, which was such a crime. "No one needs to know we're dating, and no one needs to question why I'm there with you or why we're walking the carpet together. Unless someone tells me something, I want you with me, not anyone else."

"Is that possible?" He walked over to her, lifting her chin with his finger.

"Judith, remember, it's not forbidden. I'm acting a role for the press, and at this moment, I'm going with you."

"But it's the press we're going for. I think they're going to want you with Molly."

"Listen to me," he told her, bopping the tip of her nose and she swatted her hand at him. "They might want me with Molly, they might even demand photos, but until I get the nod from those that sign my checks, I'm not doing it. Right now, I'm taking you. I want you there. So, let it be and enjoy the pampering and primping that will come your way." He kissed her before walking out of the room.

With a huff, she crossed her arms, already dreading this. Not the pampering, that sounded nice. The primping not so much. But the thought of walking any red carpet with him, or with the company. She just knew, because it was the press and they seemed to hate her, that they would make things ugly. She just didn't want to have to bear it, again.

-----

"There's a lot of people," Judith said, adjusting her dress yet again as she gazed out the limo window at the crowd lining the street.

"It's becoming a hit. More and more people want to see it and more and more people are talking about it," Angel assured her. "Hey, it'll be okay. I'm right here with you. By the way," he lifted her hand and kissed the back of it, "did I tell you that you look gorgeous? My jaw just about hit the ground when I saw you walk out in this green velvet number. And that slit. It's giving me all kinds of naughty thoughts."

"Not now," she told him, smacking his stomach.

"Relax. You look beautiful and you're going to be fine." Angel glanced around before leaning over to her ear. "And when we get home, I want you in nothing but those heels. I didn't realize how good you looked in them and I can just see me fucking you against a wall with those tips pushing into my ass." Judith closed her eyes, making Angel grin. "I love getting reactions out of you."

"Did your mother ever tell you how your timing sucks?"

"All the time. You should get her started on the story of my birth. It was during the time of her novella and she screamed bloody murder that I had to come then. She hated me for a bit after that. Even worse because it was the last episode and you know that Mexican novellas only last like six months." Judith stared at him before slowly shaking her head.

"I can't buy that."

"Ask her yourself. I promise she talks about it all the time. Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't come up when you came over for dinner." The limo stopped and he squeezed her hand. "Just remember, I want to fuck you, that will make everything go away."

"Oh my God, Angel," she cried, her cheeks heating up. She didn't need the image in her head as the door opened and he stepped out, his hand out for her. But when the flashing of the lights started and she planted a smile on her face, she was glad she had the image to focus on. Because it helped. Though she would never tell him that.

"Angel, over here, please." He paused, his hand still within hers, and turned to the person who called him. "Where's Molly?" she heard someone else ask but Angel just lifted his shoulders, a smirk on his face.

"Angel, face this way." Angel turned again, taking a few more photos before he started to walk. But one of the management team grabbed his arm and pulled him back, whispering something in his ear. Angel nodded and then glanced behind them.

"What is it?" Judith asked but Angel didn't respond. Her eyes followed his and she saw Molly walking the red carpet as well. The man who signed the paychecks just made it official, he wanted them to come in together.

Judith pulled back, not wanting to think about it but Angel still held her hand. She glanced down at it and then up at him, but he wasn't looking at her. With an effort, she yanked it away, doing her best to not create a scene. Molly walked up to him, brushing her cheek against his and the cameras went wild. From that point of view, Judith saw what it was. What the world was going to see was something else.

"You look amazing," Molly told her, brushing her cheek as well.

"As do you." And Judith meant it. Molly wore a deep red gown that actually matched with Angel. An outfit Judith was sure was picked out for Molly.

"Oh my gosh, you two are so fucking cute together, turn this way so I can see more," another cameraman called out, snapping over and over. Judith took a couple of steps back, trying to focus on the image Angel put in her mind. But the way that Molly curled up to him caused her teeth to clench.

Again, from one angle, you could clearly see there was tons of space between them, but what they were showing the rest of the world was different. What they were 'acting' out was what was scripted for the world to see. Clearly, she could see that neither one had their arms around each other, but body language was all that was needed. It was an act at its finest.

Judith took another step away, wishing now that she had worn something a lot simpler than what she did for she would have felt more comfortable. And it wasn't like she was taking pictures. She almost wondered if Angel knew about this little stunt. Knew that Molly would arrive after them, would cause the stir, and then all pictures of him and Judith would just be wiped clean.

With an effort, she walked further away, noticing that no one was even paying attention to her, which was what she wanted. Once she got to the main doors of the building, she paused and took a deep breath, glancing back at the couple. She had no doubt that Angel would make some type of comment to her.

But it wasn't like she was running. She was giving them space. Space that the world wanted. Because the world wanted them. And as she pulled up the app on her phone that showcased the sales and the talks of the movie, she could see how all the pictures that were now popping up were only adding fuel to the fire. The world wanted Angel and Molly, not Angel and Judith. And again, Judith was going to have to swallow her pride and deal with it if she wanted her man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83 11 8
"You also think you know my 'type', do you?" I raised my fingers above my head gesturing for quotation marks. "Well then, let's hear it. What's my ty...
107 19 13
-----------------♡---------SNEAK-PEAK------♡------------- -Eventually, I grabbed a tissue but she took it from me and placed it around me instead of...
1.4M 44.9K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
6.1M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...