The Best Of Us. (Ellie X Male...

By JasonCheng1223

Ellie Williams X Male reader. After the event of Salt Lake City, Ellie begins doubting Joel's promise. Until... More

Before Jackson
Reunion
Arriving Jackson.
Jackson Community.
Ellie Williams.
You And Me.
His Past.
Let It Out.
Confession.
Dragged.
It Begins.
No Wrong. Just Needs.
Berserk.
First Snow.
Not An Update.
Condition.
Debt.
The Calm.
Storm Is Coming.
Vengeance.
Mercy.
Who's Going?
Journey.
Not an but a FUCKING RANT‼️
Seattle Day 1.
Seattle Day 1(Part Two).
Seattle Day 1(Part Three).
Seattle Day 1(Part Four).
Seattle Day 1(End)
Seattle Day 2.
Seattle Day 2(Two).
Seattle Day 2(Three).
Seattle Day 2(Four).
Seattle Day 2(Five).
Seattle Day 2(End).
Seattle Day 3.
Seattle Day 3(Two).
Seattle Day 3(Three).
Seattle Day 3(Four).
Seattle Day 3(Five).
Seattle Day 3(Six).
Seattle Night 3(One).
Seattle Night 3(Two).

A Chance.

2.2K 105 5
By JasonCheng1223

A very, very awkward ride back to Jackson as the duo of Ellie and (Y/N) ride the horse in dead silence.

Ellie for sure wants to have some major conversation with him, whether it's their past or impending future.

(Y/N) on the other hand, doesn't show any signs of emotion. But he's actually blushing behind Ellie, given the closeness and constant physical contact of their body on the horse.

They used to be like this when they were young back in the orphanage. Hell, they even shared the same bed and it was natural. Now, might be a little different.

Both are grown ups now. Puberty or some phases, they understand what to do and don't. (Y/N) fell in love with her after they spent some time with one another, but he kept it bottled in because he's afraid of ruining their friendship.

Then it all came through after his confession. The reason? Riley Abel. She's all Ellie would talked about since their first encounter and (Y/N) knew if he didn't do something, he's definitely losing her.

"I really like you Ellie. I want us to stay like this."

The very sentence that ended their years long friendship.

"Uh... I don't know (Y/N). I thought we're the bestest friends."

The audacity of the young auburn girl to friendzone the boy. Oh the horror.

"Here we are. Told you we make it before the sun sets." With the walls and gate in sight, and the sun is only half way through the view, they're nearing Jackson.

"Yeah I see it. If it's anybody, the horse deserves the credit." (Y/N) hopped off, begins walking with Ellie slowly followed on the horse.

"The name's Shimmer. And yes you have both she and me to thank for. Now I'm waiting for your gratitude."

"The horse, yes. You? Hardly." Ellie scoffed at his remark.

"Who do you think came all the way to pick you up? It's me so, you're welcome~" She mocked him playfully.

She didn't notice this but, the last time she was this childish, was during the time she and Joel went out for some guitar strings.

"A good horse makes a good rider." He replied nonchalantly.

"A good rider makes a good ride." She countered. This looks like a kindergarten verbal assault.

"Any ride is good. Even without a rider, the horse is fine on it's own."

"Whatever dude. You just hate the fact that I'm better at horse riding than you."

(Y/N) will not argue with that. First time he rode the horse Winston lent him, he fell off, almost break his neck. And that kind of traumatized him.

The two arrived at the front gate and were checked by the guards.

"Hey Ellie. Everything good?" Chad, the one in charge asks her. He and (Y/N) had the worst first impression so he's not gonna bother with the boy.

"We good. The horde around Alpine Valley has been cleared for now. We can resume our patrol there soon." She descend the horse and let the groom took Shimmer away.

"Good to hear. I'm sure Maria needs to be informed. She's at the diner."

"Now that's a music to my ears." Ellie patted (Y/N) by the shoulder. "Let's go."

The boy followed without any word. Chad and the other guards looked on as the boy walked further inside the community.

"You really think he took care of it by himself?" One of them asks.

~~

(Y/N) and Ellie joined Maria and the others at the table, munching down on the food.

The boy shows no restraint as he consumed everything with big bites. The others only looked in silence, as this is a new side they never thought would showed from the boy.

Maria clear her throat, catching his attention.

"So, (Y/N). How's patrol? Did you take care of the infected?"

(Y/N) stopped his eating, looking her for a moment while chewing whatever mixed up within his mouth for some time. Then he swallows followed by a mouthful of drink before answering.

"For the moment. I did my part. If you wish to know more, I've already written down the progress in the logbook."

"Good to hear that. But just to be sure, the first pair to patrol that part should be me and Joel. In case anything else shows up." Tommy speaks up.

"I agree."

(Y/N)'s statement put everyone on hold. He's actually compromising.

"Okay then. We'll go through the schedule and see what we can do." Maria accepts her husband's proposition.

"How many did you killed?" Now Ana's question is the edgy one.

"A lot actually." Ellie chimes in. "On the way to the outpost then towards the river from the mountain, I'll say he took over several dozens."

"Impressive." Joel took a sip of his drink.

"Eighty three." (Y/N) said, soothing the hair of Jason who's sitting in Joel's lap, causing the little boy to giggle.

"Say what now?" Tommy is confused by his sudden comment.

"Eighty three clickers and runners in total."

"Okay now you're just showing off." Ellie replied.

"Not sure how many of the creepy one though. Maybe nineteen."

"What creepy one?" Joel asks the boy, interested by what he said.

"A new version of clickers. Stealthy, stalking you and perfectly timed his prey." Ellie answered for him.

The others are all stunned, speechless after that revelation. (Y/N) just returned his focus back on the food and so does Ana.

The little girl has been through this before they came to Jackson. (Y/N) would go outside to deal with infected while she and Jason hide, or inside hunter's camp and killed the enemies and return. She was skeptical about him leaving her and Jason by themselves but overtime, she's gotten used to it.

"Okay...seems like we ought to add in a new enemies in our cautious list. Why don't you show up for the meeting tomorrow, let the others know what we're dealing with."

"Nope. My job is done. Take Ellie, she's so committed to meddling in other people's business." He declined Maria's request and received Ellie's look of disturbance with that comment.

"Lecturing other people isn't my strongest suit." Ellie complained, but she didn't go much of a choice here.

"You can't expect the others to just go out there and learn for themselves. Tomorrow noon, the meeting house."

Maria's order are absolute, (Y/N) might be excluded from it for now, but not Ellie.

"Whatever..."

The dinner did however, went on smoothly. After everyone is full, they left.

(Y/N) walked alongside Ana, with Maria holding Jason and Tommy by her side.

Joel and Ellie bid their good night and went towards the other direction. The duo walked on, awkwardly silent before Joel speaks up.

"So, you and (Y/N) seems to be, getting along."

"More like I'm trying to. I guess time does changed a person. But I'm getting there. I hope."

"Think you got the chance to convince him to stay?"

Ellie sighed.

"I don't know. I can't stop him from leaving. It's not like I own him or anything. But, I'll meet up with him again. He owed me an explanation regarding my immunity."

Joel doesn't like where she's bringing the conversation. One wrong word and they could end whatever bridge that was rebuilt.

"I see..." The old man muttered.

After they arrive at Ellie's house, they stand there in silence. Time sure flies when you're enjoying yourself.

"Well, I'm beat. Gonn-"

"Ellie." Joel cuts her off, prompting her to turn and face him.

"I'm sorry."

A beat.

"I told you that, if God give me the chance to go back to that moment, I would do it again. But if it does happen, I would never, ever lie to you again. And for that I am sorry."

Looking into her eyes, Joel was the first to tear up. Not letting the emotions overwrite him but, this time it's too much.

"You know I can't forgive you for that." That statement was more than enough to push Joel to the edge.

Ellie closed her eyes, then turned her back towards Joel.

"But, I would like to try. Good night Joel."

Now that, does put a smile on his face. His muscles, his tensed up face, all slumped down.

"Good night kiddo."

Ellie retreats back into her house, satisfied with the outcome.

Joel. (Y/N). Even herself. They all deserve a chance for the second time.

Seattle. Inside some spacious room of a certain condominium.

The elevator open, and two individuals walked in the room.

"Hey boss." A guy, wearing a short ponytail, greets the man that's already inside the place.

"How's the mission?" He asks them, looking outside the window, observing the night of the fallen city.

"We eliminate the Scars as planned but, the infected got us by surprise. Lost a few because of that." The other one reports the results.

"Not good enough. If we need to get the better of the Scars, we should first loose ourselves from the infected." He walks away from the window, reaching the front of the two.

"I got some new info from a new prisoner we picked up. He said he traded with some people from the community in Jackson. Guess who's there?"

The two exchange glances with each other before turning towards the man once again.

"Abby, Manny. I want you to pick your team, go over to Jackson, and find Joel Miller."

__________________________________________________________

Leave your comments. Author needs them to charge his creative neurons. And hope you guys enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 290 14
!This is a sequel to my previous story Reason to Live. If you haven't read that one go and read it now because you won't be able to fully understand...
72.2K 1.2K 23
|COMPLETED| This is the sequel to The Last Of Us x OC! Male reader, if you haven't read that then read it before this one! :) Ellie had lost her best...
56.4K 2.3K 25
Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire _______________________________ Tate grew up as a Seraphite. She never questioned...
1.1K 28 36
Michael Smith was a young boy who faced many challenges to survive in this hell hole. He was raised by a group who lived in the woods to stay away fr...